Segansational's Motivation Log

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Old, lol. Wait till you’re 50+, young buck.

But there is a bright side — I can do the same workouts, watch the same movies, have sex with the same wife, and it all feels like the first time, lol. If only I were Mormon, lol.
Lol!!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Old, lol. Wait till you’re 50+, young buck.

But there is a bright side — I can do the same workouts, watch the same movies, have sex with the same wife, and it all feels like the first time, lol. If only I were Mormon, lol.
Haha, not there yet, but I'm closer to the back half of my years than the front...

Lower back was bothering me (probably from all the AC unit lifting lately) so skipped out on Friday's workout. Back in the gym this AM for s relatively lackluster shoulder session. Didn't push today because of my back:

Resistance band rotator cuff ex
DB laterals, high vol
DB front raises
Resistance band facepulls
Seated BB Press
EZ bar upright rows

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha, not there yet, but I'm closer to the back half of my years than the front...

Lower back was bothering me (probably from all the AC unit lifting lately) so skipped out on Friday's workout. Back in the gym this AM for s relatively lackluster shoulder session. Didn't push today because of my back:

Resistance band rotator cuff ex
DB laterals, high vol
DB front raises
Resistance band facepulls
Seated BB Press
EZ bar upright rows
That sort of precarious lifting that results in injury is so frustrating. Heal up fast.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can't remember if I posted in here or in the mail thread, but I was able to get my hands on the new Redcon1 BAR before it went live and they're very good (PB based, their answer to Outright, although the taste is more bar less PB, and has coating and crisp to it). Anyways, if you're on the fence about it, you can snag a free case of bars right now. PM me for details.

FWIW, I just snagged one (C&C) myself and already have a box of Outright bars, 2 boxes of MRE bars, a box of Fitcrunch bars, and half a box of One bars. Then again, I likely have a problem.
image.jpeg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back in the gym this morning as after taking Sunday off as well. Was moving boxes to storage, but lower back feeling a bit better today. Will need to monitor tomorrow for my typical back day. May switch things up this week just to give it a bit more rest. Also, inhibit p + TD AI this past week seems to have knocked out any itchiness quickly. Chest WO below:

TRX chest press x resistance band flys
BB BP
Incline DB press

Weight: 156.8# (+3.8# since end of cut)

Also, what are people's thoughts on the most "functional" (translate, everyday use) movements? Deadlifts probably are most similar to normal lifting of heavy objects off the ground. DB carries, sled push (don't have a sled though) etc. But for example, I'd rarely if ever need to overhead press anything. Anyone have a WO set up like this?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, after all that talk of too many arm sessions close together, today I chose to do arms. Haha. Wanted to give my back another day or two, so skipped back day and figured squatting wouldn't be much better. So today was arms, tomorrow I'll go for a run, and Thursday I'll do back or legs. Workout looked like this:

TRX biceps x triceps
Close grip BP
EZ bar curls (outer grip)
Incline DB curls x bench dips

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio session only, 2.42 mi run, 9:59 mi/mi pace. Quick 3 sets of abs (resistance band crunches, decline bench crunches).

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didn't sleep well last night. Woke up around 1 AM wide awake for some reason, couldn't fall back asleep. Then my son was up just before 5 and again around 5:45ish. Up for good at 6:30.

Still in the gym for my back workout. Giving it a rest a few extra days did the trick, feeling good! Workout looked like this:

TRX neutral grip rows x resistance band lat pulldowns
EZ bar rows x close grip pull ups
V-bar rows

Really focused on isolating my lats with maintained tension and hard squeezing.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Back in the gym this morning as after taking Sunday off as well. Was moving boxes to storage, but lower back feeling a bit better today. Will need to monitor tomorrow for my typical back day. May switch things up this week just to give it a bit more rest. Also, inhibit p + TD AI this past week seems to have knocked out any itchiness quickly. Chest WO below:

BB BP
Incline DB press

Weight: 156.8# (+3.8# since end of cut)

Also, what are people's thoughts on the most "functional" (translate, everyday use) movements? Deadlifts probably are most similar to normal lifting of heavy objects off the ground. DB carries, sled push (don't have a sled though) etc. But for example, I'd rarely if ever need to overhead press anything. Anyone have a WO set up like this?
Hex bar deadlifts are also solid for pulling.

I still think you want to include OHPs (seated is also an option) or the equivalent for functional strength as well as muscle balance. View it as assistance for your bench press. It also will strengthen your ability to push laterally with arms in full extension.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, made it another trip around the sun. Getting after it the best way I know how, with another weight workout in the books.

Legs:
TRX squats x TRX lunges
BB squats
SLDLs

Pushed on squats harder than I have done in a while, just to make sure I've still got it. LOL.

38:14, 278 cals

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy birthday!! I hope you have(or had) a great one!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy birthday!! I hope you have(or had) a great one!!
Thanks Kat!

Here are a few pictures of the indulgence from this weekend's festivities for your viewing pleasure:

Oreo cookie cake:

20210716_125836.jpg

Funny story, my family surprised me with this "superhero" themed birthday cake, designed by my 4 year old.

Me: Who's your favorite superhero?
Her: Redcon1!

Haha, guess I rep the lifestyle enough these days.

Resized_20210717_132522~2.jpg

No lie, haven't had Rita's water ice since I was probably a kid. The mint chocolate chip cream ice definitely takes me back, but FYI the cals in this are astronomical. A small is like 430 cals!!

20210716_153751.jpg

Birthday dinner smorgasboard from the italian tapas place near us:

20210717_175007.jpg

And a buddy of mine got this one for me, for any of the bourbon drinkers out there. Very smooth and enjoyable!

20210717_211740.jpg

Now, back to your normally scheduled program... after a weekend of no calorie counting, I am back at it. Weight this morning was 157.6#, so just about a 1# gain. I was sitting about a pound less on Friday though, so with weight basically having plateaued more or less during the week, I decided to up my epi to 4 pumps per day this morning. Edit: also increasing cals by an extra +250 cals per day. Fueled up with an RTD Total War (Pink Lemonade) and hit chest:

Bench Press
Incline Bench Press x Incline DB flys

Burned about 308 cals with this session.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, first day on increased cals and barely made it, LOL. Pre-bed had about 725 cals remaining. Took my large cal shake down (Almond milk, whey, 1/2 frozen banana, protein PB, MCT) and still had to "force" myself to eat a slice of oreo cake to meet my cals. True story, you'd think it was an enjoyable experience, but I think I'll have to up cals during the day so I don't have to force it all at the end of the night.

Back WO:
Neutral grip pull ups - starting with these was a nice change up to get in more reps and set me up nicely for lat isolation on the next exercise
BB rows
T-bar rows
Resistance band lat pulldowns x TRX rows

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, first day on increased cals and barely made it, LOL. Pre-bed had about 725 cals remaining. Took my large cal shake down (Almond milk, whey, 1/2 frozen banana, protein PB, MCT) and still had to "force" myself to eat a slice of oreo cake to meet my cals. True story, you'd think it was an enjoyable experience, but I think I'll have to up cals during the day so I don't have to force it all at the end of the night.

Back WO:
Neutral grip pull ups - starting with these was a nice change up to get in more reps and set me up nicely for lat isolation on the next exercise
BB rows
T-bar rows
Resistance band lat pulldowns x TRX rows
haha it takes time to increase cals .. its very hard for me too .. i can drink like 2000calories but eating is always tough and i have to do like 100/day and continue to build on top of that

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
haha it takes time to increase cals .. its very hard for me too .. i can drink like 2000calories but eating is always tough and i have to do like 100/day and continue to build on top of that
I tend to use things like PB, oats, bananas to help increase my overall calorie intake when I do bulk. But always interested in some easy cal dense foods if you've got any tips!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick updates:
Feel like my physique is coming along, a couple of times I've noticed my arms/abs/quads looking a lot more solid. Granite/blocky and popping is the best way to describe it. Vascularity has remained since my cut. I'll have to take more progress pictures soon, although I feel like it never shows up in photos.

Also, I've been off of Fade Out after going through 3 tubs consecutively. Wanted to give myself a break from the ingredients, but it's pretty apparent that these last two weeks have been much more variable with my waking/restlessness at night. Overall sleep scores for the week via Fitbit seem to still be in range as the average, but the daily fluctuation is noticeable in peaks and valleys. Will probably add it back into my next RC1 order.

Today did legs since I'm headed out of town for the remainder of the week/weekend. Won't have access to weights, but plan to bring my TRX and resistance bands and do some running while away.

Edit: Oh yeah, been using Cake-tech daily to get those cals up! Good thing I have two birthday cakes in my fridge, LOL.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quick updates:
Feel like my physique is coming along, a couple of times I've noticed my arms/abs/quads looking a lot more solid. Granite/blocky and popping is the best way to describe it. Vascularity has remained since my cut. I'll have to take more progress pictures soon, although I feel like it never shows up in photos.

Also, I've been off of Fade Out after going through 3 tubs consecutively. Wanted to give myself a break from the ingredients, but it's pretty apparent that these last two weeks have been much more variable with my waking/restlessness at night. Overall sleep scores for the week via Fitbit seem to still be in range as the average, but the daily fluctuation is noticeable in peaks and valleys. Will probably add it back into my next RC1 order.

Today did legs since I'm headed out of town for the remainder of the week/weekend. Won't have access to weights, but plan to bring my TRX and resistance bands and do some running while away.

Edit: Oh yeah, been using Cake-tech daily to get those cals up! Good thing I have two birthday cakes in my fridge, LOL.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, got back from the in-laws for the past several days. Always make poor food choices when I'm out there, partly because I indulge in things like beers and baked goods, and partly because we always do take out which inevitably ends up being a pizza joint because of limited options. Managed to get in a run and a few workouts though. Brought along my TRX and resistance bands, and found this gem of a weight set in the basement that hasn't been touched in ages! Dusty old cement block weight set, but it got the job done!

20210723_080704.jpg

Also, here are a few progress pics. Abs are still visible and hanging on. Am I doing it right @jinxie?

20210721_085808.jpg

20210721_085659.jpg

Having to get out of the house again tomorrow for most of the day, so best case scenario is I get in a late evening workout tomorrow. Will report back in then!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Last pic is good of body, thick chest. Arms looking really good, defined.

I think better overhead light will reveal better definition in the chest and abs.

Keep it up, brother.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Personal life has been topsy turvy lately, but still getting my workouts in. Had to switch things up and do my chest WO in the late evening. Went with stim-free Big Noise Rainbow Candy preWO, went with the typical intras. Had a good session all in all, but I prefer my stims if I have a choice!

Bench press
TRX chest press
Incline DB press
Incline DB flys

Sleep was interrupted a lot last night because of the kiddos, but here we are again! Early AM back WO, got in a great pump, lots of lat isolation.

Neutral grip pull ups
BB rows
TRX underhand grip rows x resistance band straight arm lat pulldowns
T-bar rows

41:35, 310 cals

Weighed in yesterday at 163.0# which would be a ridiculous jump in weight this past week. May have overshot my cals increase, so i'll remeasure this AM and maybe adjust cals down slightly.

Edit: weight this AM fasted 160.6#, so +3.0# since last week. This was not quality gains though. According to myfitnesspal, to maintain I should need 2300 cals/day. This seems a bit low to me, soi may shoot for closer to 2400-2500 and adjust from there.

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy belated BDay homie! Sorry I’m just now catching up!
Thanks man, I'll expect the gift in the mail! :D

Went for a run today. Might have been the air quality or humidity, but was at the slower end of my pace today. Haven't quite figured out what gets me closer to the 9:30 min/mile vs 10 min pace yet.

Took All Out Sweat 2 scoops pre-run. Wish this didn't have beta alanine in it though...
1627473734358.jpeg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday my lower back, right side had some twinges of discomfort. To be cautious I added in an additional 600 mg of NAC, which I'll be taking moving forward (so 1350 mg total) and I'll be switching to using only TDs from here on out. Plan to also add in SNS Stress & Anxiety as support, as I forgot how higher dosed epi hits me.

I have a bunch of fun SNS products that I'm thinking about adding in ~1.5 weeks from now, Anacyclus XT, Cissus XT, maybe Pine Pollen. Should be a fun time!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems like every time I'm making good progress, roadblocks get in the way. This will be the end of my cycle, as I've had a few personal health issues pop up I want to take seriously. Doc appt next week to get checked out, but my guess is an abdominal hernia. Nothing painful per se, but at my age I don't want to risk making it worse. Will be putting a pause on my workouts as well for the time being and head into PCT. Will update anyone interested probably late next week. Trying to stay positive on this one.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seems like every time I'm making good progress, roadblocks get in the way. This will be the end of my cycle, as I've had a few personal health issues pop up I want to take seriously. Doc appt next week to get checked out, but my guess is an abdominal hernia. Nothing painful per se, but at my age I don't want to risk making it worse. Will be putting a pause on my workouts as well for the time being and head into PCT. Will update anyone interested probably late next week. Trying to stay positive on this one.
Really sorry to hear this. Sounds like you have a good perspective, the bigger picture. Hang in there and Godspeed.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good news!

Clean bill of health. What I thought was a hernia was nothing quite so serious. So, no lifting restrictions or concerns. Because I don't feel right being completely inactive, I've just been doing cardio only sessions this week. Light jogs/stationary bike alternated M-Th. Moving this week, so won't have any time to do more than this, but next week should be able to start up some weights again!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good news!

Clean bill of health. What I thought was a hernia was nothing quite so serious. So, no lifting restrictions or concerns. Because I don't feel right being completely inactive, I've just been doing cardio only sessions this week. Light jogs/stationary bike alternated M-Th. Moving this week, so won't have any time to do more than this, but next week should be able to start up some weights again!
That’s a relief, dude! Was just a forced deload. You’ll get it back.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s a relief, dude! Was just a forced deload. You’ll get it back.
Yep, like this perspective! Haha. Well, after a full weekend of moving boxes, rearranging furniture, and unpacking, finally had a chance to test out the new workout space this morning! Needs some work, but no longer in the dank, dusty basement. Nice to have a real dedicated space, air conditioned! and ability to spread out. Hoping to put in some full length mirrors, maybe hang a TV for when I do cardio, and of course grab some new equipment. The one thing it does lack is a pullup bar or something for me to connect my TRX, which was a pretty big part of my routine, so I'll have to adjust for a bit.

Also went for a run in my neighborhood, the loop is just under a mile. So all told, burned 392 cals. Oh, and check in on weight was 155# even this morning.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Short cardio session this morning on the stationary bike, followed by some barbell squats. Didn't have time for much else since kids went full meltdown mode. But at least was able to pull out the weight plates! Ordered some more gym mats for the space and hope to set up some speakers tonight. Onward and upwards!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No workout yesterday, back at it this morning. 1.14 mile run at a 9:04 pace, 2 scoops All Out Sweat pre-WO. Upper body workout:

Bench press
BB rows
BB curls
Bench Dips

All high rep, low weight sets just to get some blood flowing and get in and out quickly. Doing upper/lower this week before heading out on vacation for a week.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Total War Vice City RTD this morning to celebrate the launch of the new line up! Felt good, really tasted the coconut in it this time.

Some light stationary bike, followed by a lower body WO:

BB front squats
SLDLs
DB alt lunges

Sleep quality and consistency has been good this past week.

Screenshot_20210813-124607_Fitbit.jpeg

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like you got some traction. Good work!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had an enjoyable week vacationing with family. No workouts, just boating, fishing, swimming and drinking by the lake. But back to reality this week. Lots of life changes happening so hoping I can keep up with my schedule, but started strong this morning!

5:15 wake up call
Pre: Total War, Big Noise
Intra: Amino Infusion, Canteen, Cluster Bomb

Push ups 3 sets, 12-15 reps
Bench Press 3 sets of 6 reps
Incline DB press 3 sets, 6-8 reps
Incline DB flys 3 sets, 8-10 reps
Bench dips 3 sets, 10 reps
DB kickbacks 3 sets, 10 reps

Got in about an hour of uninterrupted workout time! More than I had expected!

Strength has really suffered lately. Time to get back at it. Also, saw a pic of me shirtless from this week and am not satisfied. Thought I was looking better than I actually am, but was kidding myself. Will prob try to get diet under control this week and then lean bulk from here to the end of the year. Just don't like how soft I look.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dude, don’t make much of a single pic. Take a few more and compare before taking a deep dieting dive. Come here for feedback. But please, no pubic region!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back session. Same pre/intra set up as yesterday. Weighed in yesterday at 156.4#. Nothing heavy this AM, was feeling sore from yesterday still and not fully mentally engaged. All 3 sets of 10.

BB rows
Deadlifts/rack deads (last 2 sets)
DB rows - only had time for 2 sets before my son woke up about 26 mins into it.

Had about a 20 min break and then quickly finished up with DB curls, 3 sets of 10

I'm contemplating buying a power tower instead of a power cage. So it'd be basically a pull up and dip station. I already have the squat rack, so don't truly need the squat pins. Thinking it might be more economical at this point, but that would take up extra space. Having dip bars though sounds appealing, as they are one of my favorite exercises and mass builders.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Back session. Same pre/intra set up as yesterday. Weighed in yesterday at 156.4#. Nothing heavy this AM, was feeling sore from yesterday still and not fully mentally engaged. All 3 sets of 10.

BB rows
Deadlifts/rack deads (last 2 sets)
DB rows - only had time for 2 sets before my son woke up about 26 mins into it.

Had about a 20 min break and then quickly finished up with DB curls, 3 sets of 10

I'm contemplating buying a power tower instead of a power cage. So it'd be basically a pull up and dip station. I already have the squat rack, so don't truly need the squat pins. Thinking it might be more economical at this point, but that would take up extra space. Having dip bars though sounds appealing, as they are one of my favorite exercises and mass builders.
Can’t you do pull-ups off your rack? If so, you could buy just a dip machine. This is the one I have and I really like it, but it’s very wide — alas, I got it early pandemic for $49 and now it’s $74, with shipping.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t you do pull-ups off your rack? If so, you could buy just a dip machine. This is the one I have and I really like it, but it’s very wide — alas, I got it early pandemic for $49 and now it’s $74, with shipping.

No, I've got the two freestanding racks. This is what I have at home:

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All Out Sweat pre, Canteen + Amino Infusion intra. 25 mins stationary bike + dedicated ab work with the medicine ball.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg WO in the books. Seems like the earlier I set the alarm, the later I wake up. Son woke up again part way through, so again did about 20 min or so, had a pause for another 20 min, then finished my WO. Was hoping to do legs & shoulders, but no way I could fit that all in on time. So separate days it is!

SLDLs 3x10
BB squats 3x12
Alt DB lunges 3x10
DB calf raises 3x15

325 cals burned

Tried lifting a bit in just socks, felt weird. Anyone do this (no shoe) and thoughts?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulder session. Was supposed to go for a run this AM, but it turns out it's pitch black at 5:30 AM!

Had to break my session into two again, 20 mins a piece. High volume, low weight reps. Strength right now is pretty low.

DB laterals 3x12
DB front raises 3x10
Seated DB shoulder press 3x10
PAUSE
Bent over DB laterals 3x10
BB shrugs 3x12
Upright rows 3x10
Rotator cuff ex 3x10
Push ups 3x10

407 cals burned in total. Tried out my LE Jurassic Blood Total War pre, tastes great!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Few photo updates for ya!

Here's the new home gym space, starting to come along! A lot better than the old damp basement I used to have to workout in! Bought a few new mats, but probably need one more segment to finish out the space in the corner here fully. Of course it's currently out of stock. Idea is to put mirrors lined along the wall here, and hopefully get some type of power tower or something that I can do pull ups off of and hang my TRX system. There will still need to be space for the stationary bike, and long term will also mount that tv on the wall for the cardio section. Have some signed photos of different athletes that I'd like to hang in this space as well, but not sure where yet.

20210828_070546.jpg

Picked up a few more LE goodies and restocked on my bars.

20210827_194151.jpg

20210827_203047.jpg

And here was a non-flexed physique update from a week ago to show current status, and a leg shot from this week after doing some squats. Critique away!

20210816_084404.jpg

20210812_085135.jpg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New week, new stack. Strength has really been down lately, so adding in creatine in the form of Tango. It's basically a hefty dose of monohydrate + HCl + MCC, betaine, taurine, and L-ornithine L-aspartate. Also snagged a MOAB for free (calcium HMB, HICA, epicatechin) so will be adding this. If it wasn't so pricey, I'd probably run this all the time.

Will be rocking some of my favorite flavor combos of Vice City and Tigers Blood.

Probably going to add in anacyclus, cisuss, or both as well. But not until next week.

Weight: 159.0#
BF: 14.5%

Chest:
Total War, MOAB pre
Tango, Breach intra

Flat DB press 6-8, dropped weight down for 10, 8
PAUSE
Incline BP 3x8-10
Incline DB press 3x10
Close grip BP 3x10

242 cals

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back session. Now that I'm back on creatine I'm going to try to push weights up a bit.

Single arm DB rows 3x10, increasing weights on set
BB rows 3x10, wraps on last set
PAUSE
Deadlifts 3x10 - on my shoulder WO last week I did something that has my left upper back muscle feeling a bit tweaked. I've been using a massager and heat on it as I feel like I just pinched something and knotted it up. Felt it a bit on my 2nd set.
EZ bar curls 3x10
Alt DB curls 2x10, had to drop weight on the 2nd set

29:57, 233 cals

All in all, today's session felt good aside from the small upper back twinge. Feeling positive and was pretty happy today with my physique. Maybe men's physique is still in the cards in my future?

20210831_064840~2.jpg

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not going to lie, this week has been rough mentally and with the kids being sick. No workout yesterday, but back at it with a leg day this AM and fought through the fatigue since everyone in my house actually slept well this morning.

Pre: Total War, MOAB Vice City
Intra: Tango, Breach Tigers Blood, Cluster Bomb

EZ bar SLDLs 12,10,10,10
BB squats 10,10,10,10
Alt DB lunges 10,10,10
DB calf raises 12,12,12
Abs: medicine ball crunches x medicine ball twists 3 sets, 9-12 reps

42:16, 353 cals

RC1 is holding their readiness trials, 8 week transformation with $50k in prizes on the line. Thinking about entering for fun, but with 8 weeks only probably a cut would be most dramatic. If I go this route, I'm considering treating it like a prep to have any real shot. I'd rather bulk though, so we'll see...

Shoulder recovery has been going well with massage and heat at night. Just in time to hit shoulders again tomorrow, LOL.

Hope everyone stayed out of hurricane Ida's path!

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Smashed some shoulders this morning.

Rotator cuff resistance band ex 2x10
Standing BB press 10,10,10,10 - slight push with the legs on these as I'm doing them really for the first time in a while
DB laterals x bent over DB laterals 10, dropped weight x 10,10
Upright Rows 3x10
DB shrugs 3x10
DB front raises 3x10

38:55, 230 cals

Foam rolling at the end, managed to get through today with aggravating my shoulder issue even with pretty good volume, so was happy with that!

Took advantage of the RC1 BOGO bday sale and stocked up on protein for a good while now. Need to pick some furniture up on Labor Day sales this weekend, so probably no more supps for me.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Few photo updates for ya!

Here's the new home gym space, starting to come along! A lot better than the old damp basement I used to have to workout in! Bought a few new mats, but probably need one more segment to finish out the space in the corner here fully. Of course it's currently out of stock. Idea is to put mirrors lined along the wall here, and hopefully get some type of power tower or something that I can do pull ups off of and hang my TRX system. There will still need to be space for the stationary bike, and long term will also mount that tv on the wall for the cardio section. Have some signed photos of different athletes that I'd like to hang in this space as well, but not sure where yet.

View attachment 208018

Picked up a few more LE goodies and restocked on my bars.

View attachment 208019

View attachment 208020

And here was a non-flexed physique update from a week ago to show current status, and a leg shot from this week after doing some squats. Critique away!

View attachment 208021

View attachment 208022
Damn dude, legs are looking great! Hope your back is okay.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope everyone gets to an enjoy a day off! Started mine with a great chest/tri session:

Bench Press 10,10,8,4 dropped weight x 5
Incline DB press 10,8,8
Incline DB flys 3x10
Close grip BP 10,10,10 x increasing weights
DB kickbacks 3x10

47:27, 232 cals

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Need to make adjustments to my schedule, so setting my alarm at 5 AM this week.

BB rows 10,10,10,10
Single arm DB rows 10,8,8
Close grip DB rows 3x10
PAUSE
Rack deadlifts 10, increased weight 4, dropped weight 10,10,10 multiple hand positions
EZ bar curls 10,10,10
Resistance band curls 3x12

40:30, 302 cals

Keep forgetting to restart my fitbit between the pause in my workouts, so the time/cals are underrepresented here.