Seasoning for chicken breast

Renodaret

Awards
What does everyone use for seasoning chicken breast. I like things ridiculously spicy, I have a hot sauce collection for Christ sake, but most of my seasoning and sauces while almost no calories or carbs to speak of, have a ton of sodium. I found out the hard way that as I get leaner now I have another ingredient to worry about which is salt. Makes me bloated af. I can wear a washed medium shirt or a brand new small shirt in the morning but by the time I eat 4 meals I have my gut popping out the damn thing.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Drink more water.
How much sodium? What form of sodium is it? Put up a list of ingredients for instance.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What does everyone use for seasoning chicken breast. I like things ridiculously spicy, I have a hot sauce collection for Christ sake, but most of my seasoning and sauces while almost no calories or carbs to speak of, have a ton of sodium. I found out the hard way that as I get leaner now I have another ingredient to worry about which is salt. Makes me bloated af. I can wear a washed medium shirt or a brand new small shirt in the morning but by the time I eat 4 meals I have my gut popping out the damn thing.
Mrs Dash, lil pricey. I am the same way. Love spicy everything. Pretty sure every grocery store has it. My go to is the hot and spicy bottle. Really really good. No sodium bro. Also, there are like 9 flavors to choose from. I put siracha on everything! !

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Breadcrumbs! I do it all the time.. Dry chicken breast tastes boring and dry.. If your wanting to have good macros.. Buy a protein bread. Break it into small peices and bake it for 10 mins and then throw it in a food processor. Home made breadcrumbs. Just cover your chicken in egg White and dip it into the crumbs... My favourite way to cook chicken

Charlesw617

Awards
Sazon con culantro y achiote seasoning... I especially love this stuff on my steaks
goya-sazon-cilantro-and-achiote-seasoning-6.jpeg

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you like things really spicy, just add crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and paparika to your chicken. I like the Montreal seasoning by Grillmates for my chicken, but I will put almost anything on it.

If salt is an issue, look for a seasoning with lower salt, or make your own seasoning. Look at the ingredients in premade seasonings and then buy those individual spices to a container, shake it up, and use that. It is actually cheaper. A friend of mine has a book with all the different seasonings restaurants use. It has the amounts of each spice, just buy them individually and there you go.