• SARMs are okay

Votes: 42 47.2%

• Total voters
Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lgd works great for me. First cycle was lgd and rad140 for a 12 week run. After pct held on to 15 solid pounds. Im currently on lgd with 125mg trest and i wish it wouldnt end lol
Completed 100 mg DermaTrest and 10 mg LGD. Loved it... 11 lbs of LBM, kept every ounce months after. Doing again in about 1.5 months...

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
Completed 100 mg DermaTrest and 10 mg LGD. Loved it... 11 lbs of LBM, kept every ounce months after. Doing again in about 1.5 months...
So im assuming you had a great PCT then? :) Good stuff mate!

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So im assuming you had a great PCT then? :) Good stuff mate!

Yes sir. Did clomid for 3 weeks in conjunction with Super Laxo which ran on for an extra week or two. I was actually setting PRs in PCT with Laxogenin! PRs set by trest and LGD.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
My researched but non-experienced opinion is that SARMS have a very good nich for now and the future. They are only useful for dodging steroid testing as a pro athlete where they can afford to pay out the coin to reverse all the damage they cause.

SARMS remind me of pharmaceutical commercials that list the side effects of anal leakage, heart attack, diabetes, coma, and death but at least it takes away your restless leg syndrome.
Out of all those side effects, I think anal leakage is the worst ;)

Toff

Awards
  • Established
I understand completely. I had used anabolic's in the 80s off and on with good results – although had lots of side effects because no one knew what the heck we were doing back then – but I too got suckered into the SARMs craze – and how they were "safe" alternatives and promoted feelings of well-being and healing. With all my lagging injuries from years of lifting and contact sports – I jumped right in – and I found that they did did a very good job of packing on some mass, and making my joints feel good while I was on Cycle – but was very surprised to find my testosterone had crashed as did my HDL. And of course when I posted these results on the site you mentioned I was also taunted a bit by the forum sponsors saying " i've never seen this before" or "come on bro, what else were you running?" Also, what they are promoting as far as cycles is downright dangerous – only taking 2 to 3 weeks off in between Sarms runs and that Rad140 actually increases testosterone and stacking massive amounts of Sarms is absurd.

Anyway bro, I will just offer you my advice in all of this – now that your joints have healed somewhat – and coming at you from an older lifter – I would say just stay natty for a while and enjoy your health and fitness – and maybe next year you could try some other products if you really need it. I wouldn't risk messing up your HPTA at your age just to get a few extra pounds of temporary mass. As I mentioned, if your testosterone still comes back low – you should probably run some Clomid – then wait at least another month and get it tested again – and if it is still low – well, then it may be TRT time – which is probably a much safer alternative. If it comes back normal, then you should put in a little bit more time training as hard and as smart as you can, and get in the best shape you can naturally – then assess your goals and see if SARMS are really needed. Just my advice man.

Second that. Ive learned quite quickly theres no free lunch and no side effects doesnt mean no sides.

my run of olympus stuff was ok first time around second time my BP went up and had to bail before i popped!

Going natty for a long while, currently on laxogenin (BPS new one) and likely to try some other ones (natadrol/androfuse etc.) and see what i get from them

TRT might be on the cards though, as i feel like ive been low since my 20's when the alcohol went up up up, as did estrogen and bodyfat, been fighting it ever since (still not lean at 36!)

CornbreadBath

CornbreadBath

Awards
My only experience with sarms is a RAD/LGD stack. Whoever said they're not liver toxic is wrong though, definitely saw some liver/kidney stress whenever I pee'd
RAD is kidney stress. LGD to my knowledge has no effect on the kidneys(though it does on the liver).

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
That's interesting. After my first Rad run a year ago my Creatinine was high - which affected the kidney marker that indicates filtration (GFR). Essentially, it Indicated I had stage 3 kidney disease. A battery of tests after that and I was told that there is nothing wrong with my kidneys and the high Creatinine and lower GFR was a byproduct of working out. Either way - I've been working out my entire life and this was the first time I had poor kidney values. I was reading anecdotal reports about Rad contributing to this but never saw anyone post bloodwork. FWIW - my doctor (close friend) ran some Rad and said he had no issues with liver or kidney values from Rad. I just ran a 4 week cycle and will get bloods in a few weeks and post back.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
That's interesting. After my first Rad run a year ago my Creatinine was high - which affected the kidney marker that indicates filtration (GFR). Essentially, it Indicated I had stage 3 kidney disease. A battery of tests after that and I was told that there is nothing wrong with my kidneys and the high Creatinine and lower GFR was a byproduct of working out. Either way - I've been working out my entire life and this was the first time I had poor kidney values. I was reading anecdotal reports about Rad contributing to this but never saw anyone post bloodwork. FWIW - my doctor (close friend) ran some Rad and said he had no issues with liver or kidney values from Rad. I just ran a 4 week cycle and will get bloods in a few weeks and post back.
at what dosage did you run the RAD? Thanks.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
RAD is kidney stress. LGD to my knowledge has no effect on the kidneys(though it does on the liver).
Agreed on the LGD. I have labs (posted earlier in this thread) to back that up.

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
did you also get a CBC or CMP? What were your kidney or liver marker numbers?
Sorry mate, I don't have either of these numbers :/ I am getting thyroid tested this upcoming week as well. TBH, getting my doctors to do anything is a pain. I Belong to a clinic, they're all good doctors, but prefer me to take the "you'll be fine" instead of blood work, probably the worst thing for me. Especially since I am planning another cycle coming up here once I have a green light in every dept. of health.

I am just happy I recovered properly. Per the advice of many veterans, I will be using clomid next time, but I do think this says something about Ostarine as a compound in terms of recovery. This next time I will be going 6 weeks.

Ill be running a cycle support as well. Preferably without Arimistane (defeats the purpose of amazing joints MK-2866 brings) So if anybody can recommend a cycle support, I'm currently looking at CEL Cycle Support, something that at least covers liver, kidney, and cholesterol to at least a useful degree. Taking recommendations.

I Don't suppose anybody has tips and tricks of getting your doctor to just order some fu^&*ng lab work.:pat:

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Why so low?
At the time I was trying out the RAD – there were very few logs with real blood work – and since it only had level one clinical trials on monkeys – I just wasn't sure that I wanted to try taking so much – when even .1 mg has shown to be anabolic.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Sorry mate, I don't have either of these numbers :/ I am getting thyroid tested this upcoming week as well. TBH, getting my doctors to do anything is a pain. I Belong to a clinic, they're all good doctors, but prefer me to take the "you'll be fine" instead of blood work, probably the worst thing for me. Especially since I am planning another cycle coming up here once I have a green light in every dept. of health.

I am just happy I recovered properly. Per the advice of many veterans, I will be using clomid next time, but I do think this says something about Ostarine as a compound in terms of recovery. This next time I will be going 6 weeks.

Ill be running a cycle support as well. Preferably without Arimistane (defeats the purpose of amazing joints MK-2866 brings) So if anybody can recommend a cycle support, I'm currently looking at CEL Cycle Support, something that at least covers liver, kidney, and cholesterol to at least a useful degree. Taking recommendations.

I Don't suppose anybody has tips and tricks of getting your doctor to just order some fu^&*ng lab work.:pat:
You can use private md labs or discounted labs for ordering your own lab work. I find them even cheaper than going through my insurance and also don't have to wait for the ordering doctor to release the results (like you often have to do when going through your GP).

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
You can use private md labs or discounted labs for ordering your own lab work. I find them even cheaper than going through my insurance and also don't have to wait for the ordering doctor to release the results (like you often have to do when going through your GP).
I went to private med labs, but I honestly am unsure what I'm ordering and it tends to be around 400$. Unless somebody here knows a secret I don't? lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Female panels will show most of what u need and cost me around$60

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I went to private med labs, but I honestly am unsure what I'm ordering and it tends to be around 400$. Unless somebody here knows a secret I don't? lol
Smont is spot on.

Female panels will show most of what u need and cost me around$60
This ^^^^^

Or, if you want the sensitive E2 test, I started using discount labs since their ala-carte ends up better for some of my tests. But I still use Private MD labs from time to time.

For PMDL check their FB page for monthly 15% discount codes. they update them pretty regularly. The code for July is FBLIBERTY

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Other than free T and SHBG...
I'm gonna look for my last ones to show it when I get home but mine showed free t, don't remember bout shbg. There's options to add things depending on where you get them but I'm almost positive free t was included

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From PMDL? Mine was total T, fsh, lh, estroidal. No free t. If you can tell me where you got that and the name of the test I'll use that from now on, especially at around $60. That a damn good deal

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well this has turned from a "let's end this" of sarms to a "let's start this" of bloods... just sayin...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
From PMDL? Mine was total T, fsh, lh, estroidal. No free t. If you can tell me where you got that and the name of the test I'll use that from now on, especially at around $60. That a damn good deal
U were correct

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
PMDL == Private MD Labs. I just didn't want to type it all out, but I guess I just did anyways :)

I have switched to Discounted Labs for most of my tests these days as I can pick and choose my tests and they often come out cheaper than PMDL (Private MD Labs), even with their discount. The only time PMDL wins out is when one of their bundles has everything I want, and not too many "extra" tests, which is unfortunately not very often. Discounted Labs has an occasional 5% coupon, if I recall, but even without it I like their services a little better. The blood draw is still done at LabCorp, so the same place for either one.

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
PMDL == Private MD Labs. I just didn't want to type it all out, but I guess I just did anyways :)

I have switched to Discounted Labs for most of my tests these days as I can pick and choose my tests and they often come out cheaper than PMDL (Private MD Labs), even with their discount. The only time PMDL wins out is when one of their bundles has everything I want, and not too many "extra" tests, which is unfortunately not very often. Discounted Labs has an occasional 5% coupon, if I recall, but even without it I like their services a little better. The blood draw is still done at LabCorp, so the same place for either one.
Any advice on cheap thyroid testing? I can get that from my doctor at least, but that female panel is incredible. Will be using that.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Cardine is where it was for me - I've done MK and LGD and saw mild or questionable results. Cardine was the only one that obviously worked - endurance was way up and I felt tighter and more dense. Didn't do much as far as muscle gain though. I've only done two months-long cycles, but the rat/cancer study worries me even though I've heard here that the study has been debunked due to excessive dosages... Still worries me so haven't touched the stuff in nearly two years now. Thinking about giving it another go though...

-Blesum

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardine is where it was for me - I've done MK and LGD and saw mild or questionable results. Cardine was the only one that obviously worked - endurance was way up and I felt tighter and more dense. Didn't do much as far as muscle gain though. I've only done two months-long cycles, but the rat/cancer study worries me even though I've heard here that the study has been debunked due to excessive dosages... Still worries me so haven't touched the stuff in nearly two years now. Thinking about giving it another go though...

-Blesum
It's called cardarine not Cardine and;
1: it's not a sarm
2: it's not in any way anabolic so what you experienced was probably either placebo or the increased endurance it offers helped you pack on some more muscle
3: the cancer thing was debunked however it's not advisable to use gw if you drink alcohol or use orals
Hope this helps bro ��

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established

-Blesum
It's called cardarine not Cardine and;
1: it's not a sarm
2: it's not in any way anabolic so what you experienced was probably either placebo or the increased endurance it offers helped you pack on some more muscle
3: the cancer thing was debunked however it's not advisable to use gw if you drink alcohol or use orals
Hope this helps bro ��
I would not disagree that the cancer thing was debunked, but not for the reasons stated. It was shown to increase the growth rate of cancer (like all PPAR agonists), but not cause it. Also, when factoring in the metabolic multiplier for rats to humans (which many seem to like to forget, especially "sales" sites) the doses were very close to bodybuilding doses (study doses equated to 35 mg for a 180 lb person, IIRC). but I don't want to beat that dead horse :).

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

-Blesum
I'm right there with you on the Cardarine. The fact that it instantly worked for me was big, almost felt like it was too good to be true.

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
I loved reading all the comments to this post. I am a national level NPC competitor (just did Master's Nationals 2 weeks ago!!) but had never touched any anabolics or supplements such as SARMs before. After seeing my competition in Pittsburgh I said f*ck it, time to try something to put on some serious size over the next 12 months! I had done extensive research on SARMs and know a few pros in my sport whom currently take them (yes, they also take anabolics, too...). They swore by the effects of SARMs, so I bought 12 weeks worth of LGD, GW, and MK...along with a few natural supps to compliment these, such as arachidonic acid, etc. Post show gains are always insane due to the water retention, but I am 6 days into my cycle and am 23.5 pounds heavier than show day 2 weeks ago. Of course most of that is the water weight, however, my hunger is insane, my sleep is incredible, and my workouts are crazy good right now. I just did my body comp and my bf has only gone up 1.5% (even with the 23.5 pound increase in weight). It's too early to know if the SARMs are working yet, but with the dirty bulk over as of 2 days ago, I guess I'll have to wait and see if the hype is real or not!!! I have a feeling it is certainly real.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The MK is helping with sleep; appetite, and water weight.

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
I definitely agree. I know a lot of people have negative opinions of SARMS or say they don't work. That's fine. We all have our opinions. I will keep my opinions to myself until the 12 weeks are up and I can give a fair critique of them :)

P51mustang

Awards
I liked Osta. Ran IML osta when it was available at 18mg for 4 weeks. Only gained about 3.5 lbs, but I felt great, had some extra strength, and had absolutely zero sides. Ran a 1 week mini-pct at the end, but I don't think it was necessary; 18mg/4weeks didn't seem to suppress me much at all. Reminded me of a dmz/msten cycle, but way milder, and a little wetter.

Would definitely run it again, but probably at 18-25mg /day for 6-8 weeks, stacked with something.

I think guys claiming to be totally shut down are running 30-36mg. I don't think a solo run of osta is worth getting totally shut down.

Actually, I think I'm going to run Osta & cardarine for 6 weeks soon ...let my ass get out of shape after starting a new business and need mild recomp cycle. Osta is probably better for this than weight gain.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I liked Osta. Ran IML osta when it was available at 18mg for 4 weeks. Only gained about 3.5 lbs, but I felt great, had some extra strength, and had absolutely zero sides. Ran a 1 week mini-pct at the end, but I don't think it was necessary; 18mg/4weeks didn't seem to suppress me much at all. Reminded me of a dmz/msten cycle, but way milder, and a little wetter.

Would definitely run it again, but probably at 18-25mg /day for 6-8 weeks, stacked with something.

I think guys claiming to be totally shut down are running 30-36mg. I don't think a solo run of osta is worth getting totally shut down.

Actually, I think I'm going to run Osta & cardarine for 6 weeks soon ...let my ass get out of shape after starting a new business and need mild recomp cycle. Osta is probably better for this than weight gain.
Plenty of blood work out there showing shutdown at 25 mg and even less.

P51mustang

Awards
I don't doubt it. Individual variation plays into it, as does length of cycle. Curious what the length was for those getting shut down at 25mg.

Would be real nice to go 18 or 25 x6weeks with only moderate suppression. In hindsight, 4 weeks was to short.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I definitely agree. I know a lot of people have negative opinions of SARMS or say they don't work. That's fine. We all have our opinions. I will keep my opinions to myself until the 12 weeks are up and I can give a fair critique of them :)
What brand did you use?

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
I got it through a friend of mine whom I trust 100%. No labels. I wasn't going to purchase them online because I don't trust in doing that. Instead, I went with what seems to be working for the guys I personally know.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Keep us posted bro. Those are some insane gains you got there. What's your dosing protocol?

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I don't doubt it. Individual variation plays into it, as does length of cycle. Curious what the length was for those getting shut down at 25mg.

Would be real nice to go 18 or 25 x6weeks with only moderate suppression. In hindsight, 4 weeks was to short.
I was shut down hard on 5 mg Rad with 12.5mg Ostarine. I ran Ostarine solo at that dose and didn't get jack squat in terms of gains. Rad even at 2.5 mg solo gave me gains but was more suppressive. Similar anabolic's – the more effective compounds such as Rad, S4 Or LGD – are the ones that will shut you down even at low doses.

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
Keep us posted bro. Those are some insane gains you got there. What's your dosing protocol?
Hey!!
The gains, like I mentioned, are mostly due to being post-show calories and water retention (I was at 2.6bf the morning before the show and extremely conditioned).
However, at this point, I do think the SARMs are kicking in and allowing the weight I put on to stay on and start to shift into lean skeletal muscle and also into usable energy.

My protocol is this:

LGD-4033, 10mg/day in the morning

GW-501516, 20mg/day before workout, or roughly the same time on non workout days

MK-677, 25mg/day before bedtime

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
Hey!!
The gains, like I mentioned, are mostly due to being post-show calories and water retention (I was at 2.6bf the morning before the show and extremely conditioned).
However, at this point, I do think the SARMs are kicking in and allowing the weight I put on to stay on and start to shift into lean skeletal muscle and also into usable energy.

My protocol is this:

LGD-4033, 10mg/day in the morning

GW-501516, 20mg/day before workout, or roughly the same time on non workout days

MK-677, 25mg/day before bedtime
I also use Arachidonic Acid @700mg about 30 minutes before workouts.

I make my own preworkout formula, using bulk products from a reputable site, and use no stimulants. I combine Agmatine Sulfate, Citrulline, Taurine, Arginine, and Hydromax (Glycerol) together. Non of them have a flavor, so I just add a pinch of sugar free kool-aid mix and then add water!!!

The combo of SARMs, Arachidonic Acid, and my mixture give plenty of energy and a TON OF vasodilator/pump enhancers!

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
I also use Arachidonic Acid @700mg about 30 minutes before workouts.

I make my own preworkout formula, using bulk products from a reputable site, and use no stimulants. I combine Agmatine Sulfate, Citrulline, Taurine, Arginine, and Hydromax (Glycerol) together. Non of them have a flavor, so I just add a pinch of sugar free kool-aid mix and then add water!!!

The combo of SARMs, Arachidonic Acid, and my mixture give plenty of energy and a TON OF vasodilator/pump enhancers!
Don't forget about the positive pump effects from MK, MK gives me stupid pumps, almost to the point of preventing anymore lifting at times.

nakedear

nakedear

Awards
Don't forget about the positive pump effects from MK, MK gives me stupid pumps, almost to the point of preventing anymore lifting at times.
Very good point...and add in the Arachidonic acid and you can almost feel the muscle tissue tearing!!!!!!

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any blood test on RAD and can let me know if you had any issues with creatinine. Ever since I did my first cycle last year my creatinine has been high and never came back to normal. I just did a small 2.5 to 5 mg mini blast for a month about six weeks ago and my creatinine was the highest it's ever been at 1.44. This causes a low glomular filtration rate – which, on paper, shows that I have stage III kidney disease. I've read those anecdotal reports that said that the substance was renal toxic – but I have yet to see anyone post lab work to that effect and in fact – I have reviewed a few lab reports, including one from my own doctor buddy – Who has run much higher amounts and have shown no such issues. I am just wondering if this is something to do with the substance itself, adding TRT in the mix – or just the fact that I have gained probably 10 lbs of mass since those older blood tests when had much lower Creatinine. Note that I have had other diagnostic tests such as albumin in urine and cystine C (The true measure of kidney function) and they have come back completely normal – indicating no kidney damage at all. 6'1/205 50 yr old and no other issues so two doctors said I'm completely fine – but it is causing me some concern.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Newroids.com... legit, watch his YouTube Channel NewRoids