Same Weight different height

hfam95

Awards
Me and a coworker weigh about 206. Im 5'11 and hes 5'8. Assuming everything is the same how much weight do I need to gain to look as muscular as him.

I know everyone is different. Lets just say everything is the same other than height. How much muscle would the taller person need to gain to be about the same as the shorter?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me and a coworker weigh about 206. Im 5'11 and hes 5'8. Assuming everything is the same how much weight do I need to gain to look as muscular as him.

I know everyone is different. Lets just say everything is the same other than height. How much muscle would the taller person need to gain to be about the same as the shorter?
No one can answer that, because height is not the ONLY factor that's going to make a difference in how you look - for example, body composition, genetics, etc., and these two factors will make a world of difference! (As a sidenote, you shouldn't be comparing yourself to your coworker anyways - focus on YOU and forget anyone else).

~Rosie~

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
My brother in law is 5'8 200lbs. I'm 5'9 250 and I swear "sometimes" he looks bigger than me.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there is a definitive answer to that but if you had to chose a metric you can chose one that i dont particularly put much stock in - BMI. At 5'8" and 206 lbs your coworker has a BMI of 31.3 and at 5'11" you have a BMI of 28.7. A weight gain to 224.5 lbs. would yield a BMI of 31.3 for a 5'11" person. I caution you tho, BMI is not a very accurate measure of physique, since it only takes height and weight into account and not muscle or BF.

Plus you asking all the wrong questions. You need to be asking how much muscle you need to gain to be BIGGER than your coworker not as muscular. Or more importantly, look in the mirror and ask how much muscle you need to gain to look bigger than your reflection - do that every morning :thumbsup:

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
bone structure will also effect this greatly.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No one can answer that, because height is not the ONLY factor that's going to make a difference in how you look - for example, body composition, genetics, etc., and these two factors will make a world of difference! (As a sidenote, you shouldn't be comparing yourself to your coworker anyways - focus on YOU and forget anyone else).

~Rosie~
I like this answer best! Best rule to remember in and out of the gym is to never compare yourself to another person. Sure, see someone and develop a goal, but don't compare yourself - it's apples to oranges.

Take me, for example... I'm 6'4", about 300lbs. Without saying my BMI or BF%, one might assume that I'm one HUGE dude. While I admit that I am, I'll also admit that I'm not near a stage-walker, probably not even in the off-season! Looking at those 2 measurements alone is NOT a good indicator for comparison, nor an aspiration for goals. Set the goals for yourself based on YOUR dimensions, your definition of "better", and your own metric for success. We can all help you to obtain those goals with loads of great advice (or bad advice, I suppose), but only you can set the goals and put the work in to obtain them.

Take a look in the mirror sometime, a good hard look, and start to pick yourself apart. Don't obsess over everything, but look at one or two parts and work to improve them. Once that is done, maintain them and move on to something else. That's usually how I work it, and sometimes it can be a very slow process to change. I used to have NO shoulders at all, but a year and a half later and probably 10s of thousands of pounds and reps put into it, I finally have shoulders! Next I'll work on something else, then something else, and then something else until I am where I want to be at that stage. Along the way, I'll enjoy the work and celebrate myself for my own sake.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've heard 5lbs before lol but don't remember where. So if bf percent and build is identical except for height I guess it would be 15lbs for 3 inches. So the answer is 221lbs. LOl nobody freak out. Ha I doubt its scientific and probably some broscience that created the 5lbs an inch number.