230x3 @9

Forgot to hit my OHP movement :/

Tonight was cheat meal night, Not to shabby on the cheat either

3 slices pizza
8 wings
Pint of BNJ PB half baked
1/4 of a Lindt white chocolate bar

Took four defuse before this^^

I ALWAYS train fasted on Saturdays after my cheat.

Will get my weigh in, in on Sunday morning

Tomorrows training sesh is

Belt less Deficit deads
Flat Db
OHP
Lat pulls downs
Cardio

Be easy
God bless!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice workout and I see you had yourself some b&j ice cream.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CYCLE III
REACTIVE TRAINING SYSTEMS

Belt less block pulls
365x3 @9
335x3 @9 ~ was suppose to be a 5% fatigue but, I miss loaded and did statics

Incline Db
80x6 @8
95x6 @9

OHP ~ myo reps
105x6 +4 +2

Seated GM
95x12
115x12@9
105x12 @9

Db row
60x8 @8
75x8 @9

Called some audibles today. I forgot to hit my OHP movement yesterday so I decided to rest/pause those. My deficits come after my blocks and before my sumos, so that was just a mistake on my part lol

Finishing my macros off with some nigiri rolls
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1428805836.258009.jpg

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Nice work lately bro. Been lookin at ur IG and things lookin good brotha!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I saw your oval path deadlifts video. Good job! I'm going to check mine out tomorrow. I'm guessing I want straight paths huh?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sean1332 liftandswim herderdude

https://instagram.com/p/1ZWffzggzq/

Thoughts on the oval bar path lol I am however pulling from blocks.. I'll get a conventional dead video Wednesday

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Sean1332 liftandswim herderdude

https://instagram.com/p/1ZWffzggzq/

Thoughts on the oval bar path lol I am however pulling from blocks.. I'll get a conventional dead video Wednesday
I'm flattered you tagged me with those two beasts, man.

But with any deadlift, you want to be pulling up and back (which you did). The eccentric path isn't really anything I'd worry about.

I will say that you need to fight to maintain better positioning off the blocks (which is hard), hips are shooting up at the start which isn't necessarily ideal. It might be slower at the start, but ******* will be stronger. It's a bit of give and take. You'll see better transference from the blocks to the floor if you're able to do that as well.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm flattered you tagged me with those two beasts, man.

But with any deadlift, you want to be pulling up and back (which you did). The eccentric path isn't really anything I'd worry about.

I will say that you need to fight to maintain better positioning off the blocks (which is hard), hips are shooting up at the start which isn't necessarily ideal. It might be slower at the start, but ******* will be stronger. It's a bit of give and take. You'll see better transference from the blocks to the floor if you're able to do that as well.
Hey man, I tag people I respect and individuals that I think can give constructive criticism.

I appreciate it!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tyga, how's your dorsiflexion? You seemed to tip on your toes. Think drive through heels and gain some dorsiflexion and you won't have the tipping happen. I'm guilty of it, but I put 35lbs on my pull in three weeks from gaining dorsiflexion this past December.

Your back rounded before the bar left the blocks. Get your abs and erectors really tight before you go and you'll be sweet. I had the same problem off of blocks, I think they're a great teaching tool for trunk rigidity in the deadlift.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tyga, how's your dorsiflexion? You seemed to tip on your toes. Think drive through heels and gain some dorsiflexion and you won't have the tipping happen. I'm guilty of it, but I put 35lbs on my pull in three weeks from gaining dorsiflexion this past December.

Your back rounded before the bar left the blocks. Get your abs and erectors really tight before you go and you'll be sweet. I had the same problem off of blocks, I think they're a great teaching tool for trunk rigidity in the deadlift.
I'm flat footed to the extreme. My calves are fairly tight as well. So, I'd say it's poor.

[] better dorsiflexion - check
[] abs and electors tight(er) - check

You have any ankle mobility vidz you prefer or recommend?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's really easy. Just wrap your ankles with voodoo bands or a knee wrap and have somebody manipulate your ankles. Pull on your foot, rotate your ankle, but spend most of your time working dorsiflexion and eversion. The ankles are protected under the wrap, so tell your partner not to be shy about it.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CYCLE III

*Today was RM day

Comp squat
335x1
300x2

Comp bench
275x1
245x3

Dips 4 sets
Delt destroyers - 3 sets 3 drop sets

So, I'm down 7-8lbs and my strength has pretty well stayed. Despite the minor quad set back, my squat max went well.

I've got bar path videos of my squat and bench as well if anyone cares to see them

Next Monday will start my next cycle of RTS.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Great day, man. Losing weight and maintaining strength? What more can ya ask for

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's an idea of what I've been eating..

Breakfast
90-115g avocado (whole small one)
(2) slices 90kcal bread
200g egg white
65g ham

Lunch
6oz steak
1c rice -or- 200g red skin potato

Pre workout (30min or so)
Fiber one protein bar

Intra- BCAAs

Post workout
150g shrimp
15g red curry
5g coconut oil
1c white rice
10 spears asparagus (cooked in coconut oil)

-or-
90 kcal hamburger bun
1/2lb turkey burger
Ketchup, mustard and pickles
FF Swiss cheese
10 spears asparagus (cooked in coconut oil)

Protein brownie (scoop of protein, 3g baking powder and 20g cashew milk)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
CYCLE III

*Today was RM day

Comp squat
335x1
300x2

Comp bench
275x1
245x3

Dips 4 sets
Delt destroyers - 3 sets 3 drop sets

So, I'm down 7-8lbs and my strength has pretty well stayed. Despite the minor quad set back, my squat max went well.

I've got bar path videos of my squat and bench as well if anyone cares to see them

Next Monday will start my next cycle of RTS.
Lol show us that shiz - who doesn't wanna see max effort lifts? That's what insta is built off of, yo

FWIW maintaining a real life position while pulling off blocks or from a rack is the toughest part. But it's critical if you want a good transfer. It's taken me about 30 weeks to start pulling from blocks sort-of like my floor position. Don't waste your time like I was. Like others said, the key is in the core tightness and driving w/ the legs (thru the heels) back and up to launch the weight. I know you wanna muscle it with your back, believe me, but the ticket is a tight-ass leg press backwards.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://instagram.com/p/1hROuQgg1y/

Here's my maxes for this cycle. Granted I didn't have the atmosphere (meet) to potentially increase the weight I *could* have moved (some say a 10% or higher to current maxes) it's progress none the less! Even while weighing 7lb lighter 8)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
https://instagram.com/p/1hROuQgg1y/

Here's my maxes for this cycle. Granted I didn't have the atmosphere (meet) to potentially increase the weight I *could* have moved (some say a 10% or higher to current maxes) it's progress none the less! Even while weighing 7lb lighter 8)
Damn your a strong SOB tyga!!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great work tyga tyga. It's great that your quad is doing better and your strength hasn't been effected with your diet. Your going to be strong and lean for the summer.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn tyga you thinking of going 10 132lb your staight beasting

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great work, man. Keep the train rollin'
Damn your a strong SOB tyga!!
Great work tyga tyga. It's great that your quad is doing better and your strength hasn't been effected with your diet. Your going to be strong and lean for the summer.
thanks gents
Damn tyga you thinking of going 10 132lb your staight beasting
lol nah, i won't get down to 132 thatd be a huge mind funk. Ill reverse out of my diet once i see all my abs

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1,065 @ 144lbs ain't too shabby I'd say! Doing great man. When's the little girl coming?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1,065 @ 144lbs ain't too shabby I'd say! Doing great man. When's the little girl coming?
Little girl is due July 30th! Thanks for askin btw.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CYCLE III

*end of this block*

My maxes Wednesday took a toll on me! Yesterday's session was death, everything felt like a ton of bricks :/

Belt less squat
265x4 @9
250x4 @8
250x4 @9

TNG bench
225x3
245x2 *flat hit a wall here

BW AMRAP set
145x28

Standing Db military
35x10
45x10
50x6
40x20 AMRAP

*No workout today, going to take a full two days off and"recover". My workout had no chill yesterday lol Didn't mention this either, the last two weeks I've been extremely lethargic in the morning. I usually wake and am ready to bounce within 5min.. As of lately not anymore.

Got all my force analysis' back and where my strength curves lie. Next cycle will be good. Building the foundation and working to get better!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1429373081.002226.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1429373117.852471.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1429373137.470518.jpg

It all goes into detail, just don't want to take the time to upload from my email or take my pictures of the ones I have printed lol laZZZy

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn very cool stuff!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha as a data driven engineer by trade I love that type of stuff

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just destroyed and entire full box of peanut butter Cheerios.

347g of Cheerios
F-17g
CHO-266g
Pro- 23g

860mL 0% milk
F-0g
CHO-39g
Pro- 28g

All types of gainz

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great work as usual. I still can't figure out how you can eat so much. An entire box of cereal I could never do.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Great work as usual. I still can't figure out how you can eat so much. An entire box of cereal I could never do.
And this is why you will never have your man card ;)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1429499503.762979.jpg

How the macros landed today. Hopefully I wake tomorrow nice and full with decent energy.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
Cmon tyga. Tell us the truth. You just wanted to get to the hot wheels all te way at the bottom of that cereal bag.

And solid numbers man! Making things look easy over there. I'm starting to believe that you are from another planet with a stronger gravitational pull.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CYCLE IIII
*new training block*

Comp Squat
275x4 @9
260x4 @8
260x4 @8
260x4 @9

Comp bench
225x5 @9
210x5 @8
210x5 @9

Dips
30x12 30x12 30x10

Hip thrusters
35pps x10 35x10 35x12

Rest pause ez curl
45lb x12 - warm up
45x15 +6 +4

Today went well! This new block SHOULD go well.. Notice the should. Staying injury free is a primary focus lol also, cut my kcals again. So, if a gain any strength that would be a plus but if I don't and just maintain again then I'll take it.

New macros for the next few weeks:

Calories -1768

CHO- 170g
Pro- 155g
Fat- 52g

This training cycle I'll be focusing a lot more on hamstrings/hips and a lot of rows to help with better scapula retraction on deads.. Well actually strengthening my posterior chain as a whole.

Also, ankle mobility as well as hip mobility has moved to the fore front.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I eat twice the calories you do I think *srs* Idk how you manage.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
At 1768 calories I think id have an emotional breakdown. I'm not even kidding.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat twice the calories you do I think *srs* Idk how you manage.
You'd be surprised at what macro intake you can handle and still have optimal performance
At 1768 calories I think id have an emotional breakdown. I'm not even kidding.
Lol

I'm 5'5-5'6" and a buck44 lol 1768 isn't shabby it'll dip more I promise. BRING. ON. THE. SHREDZ.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My thoughts are don't worry about scap retraction on pulls, they make your arms short and your pull long. I like to try to wrap my scaps low and toward the front, then flex my lats like I'm finishing a pullover or straight arm pulldown. Now the upper back extensors, those guys need to be strong on pulls.

EDIT: 132 or bust! Go after Brandon Smitley!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My thoughts are don't worry about scap retraction on pulls, they make your arms short and your pull long. I like to try to wrap my scaps low and toward the front, then flex my lats like I'm finishing a pullover or straight arm pulldown. Now the upper back extensors, those guys need to be strong on pulls.

EDIT: 132 or bust! Go after Brandon Smitley!
My wording was a piss poor way to describe what i was invisioning lol

I tuck/tighten my lats like I'm doing a "front relaxed mandatory". I guess what I'm getting at is, I need more row work to keep my back neutral and to help me from rounding? Although, I've always pulled like that.

Brandon smitley ~ natty?

Dudes a hoss. I've seen numerous vidz. He doesn't want to see me on the platform 8)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're dead on with how to work your lats. I was just making sure you weren't leaving 30lbs on the table!

No idea on Smitley's natty status. He's muscular as hell tho. Also, the amount of chewing tobacco he can fit in his lip is very much a tremendous unfair advantage.