Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Protein Wars Removal of fake votes

Protein Wars III, Round 2: Fake votes identified and removed

. The two battles that we’ve had to adjust are BSN versus RSP Nutrition, and Beast Sports versus Muscle Elements. Regardless of what you saw if you caught the final results this morning before they were removed, the actual winners and percentages are BSN with Syntha-6 on 51%, and Muscle Elements with the Truth on 55%.

and their previous case on another online retailer:

RSP encouraging unrealistic reviews at Bodybuilding.com

forums an image has been posted of an email from RSP Nutrition. In it are steps from the brand to team members about using a $50 gift card and their BodySpace account to purchase trial sizes of CreAde, Quadralean and DyNO. After that the email says to wait a day, something that is highlighted and enforced in capitals, then rate each product a 10/10.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
The Protein Wars are a joke bc so many companies do this. Didn't RSP beat out Select in the first round? Yeah on what planet is that feasible.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
60-Billion-Dollars-Per-Year

Imagine the stuff we *don't* know about :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
60-Billion-Dollars-Per-Year

Imagine the stuff we *don't* know about :)
so so so so so much. and unfortunately the industry insiders who have the info are more often than not muzzled on the forums (not AM.com, but BB big time...and lawsuits from said companies if we do open our mouths)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
so so so so so much. and unfortunately the industry insiders who have the info are more often than not muzzled on the forums (not AM.com, but BB big time...and lawsuits from said companies if we do open our mouths)
One guy who knows a lot gets banned a lot for being honest and shooting down some
Of those companies haha

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One guy who knows a lot gets banned a lot for being honest and shooting down some
Of those companies haha
yea, I used to get banned pretty often for the same thing. Since I'm not the ceo of a company, I just had to agree to follow the rules.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Interested to see what kind of disinformation campaign is started when this is posted in the other forum...

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interested to see what kind of disinformation campaign is started when this is posted in the other forum...
it will be closed very very quickly.

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
Where there is money to made! There will be companys trying to hustle.. Its sad truth

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
RSP is one of the brands participating in the protein of the year thread on that other forum.

Reactions: LLN

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
The Protein Wars are a joke bc so many companies do this. Didn't RSP beat out Select in the first round? Yeah on what planet is that feasible.
If they go by taste I can see Select getting beat by everyone, profile great but taste horrible.

Saying that, I just bought another tub of Select Vanilla :p

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If they go by taste I can see Select getting beat by everyone, profile great but taste horrible.

Sometimes taste is not the factor
Just like in the Olympia awards in Vegas for the other site it's based off sales . Where if RSP had to go vs sales in some of the other major brands they would get destroyed

Some brands may not be the best tasting for example ON but since they dominate the international market their sales and reputation are much higher

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mod closed and reported within minutes most likely

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Mod closed and reported within minutes most likely
Let's take bets and then give the wheel a spin by running the experiment :)

I can't volunteer bc I've already gotten badly mod negged for exposing sh*t on that forum.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Let's take bets and then give the wheel a spin by running the experiment :)

I can't volunteer bc I've already gotten badly mod negged for exposing sh*t on that forum.
Not worth getting banned over

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
it will be closed very very quickly.
That is why those forums are straight TRASH. I browse them once in a while, but never post bc of **** like that, the constant rep spam and it being filled to the brim with a bunch of morons. #AM4Lyfe

TASTES HORRIBLE? WE TALKING BOUT THE SAME SELECT?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
TASTES HORRIBLE? WE TALKING BOUT THE SAME SELECT?
If we talking about PES Select so yes, horrible taste! I haven't tried all of them but those I tried have been undrinkable except Vanilla that's ok.

I only getting Vanilla from PES because of reliable profile, not because of taste.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
If we talking about PES Select so yes, horrible taste! I haven't tried all of them but those I tried have been undrinkable except Vanilla that's ok.

I only getting Vanilla from PES because of reliable profile, not because of taste.
Hahah man I think you're crazy but one thing we can agree on is even if I didn't like the taste of Select, I would still use it as my day-to-day protein simply on the strength of its profile.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Hahah man I think you're crazy but one thing we can agree on is even if I didn't like the taste of Select, I would still use it as my day-to-day protein simply on the strength of its profile.
Lol! I really think that people trying to play a trick on me with this talk about Select is tasting good?!

With Vanilla I can at least mask the horrible taste with mix ins :p

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol! I really think that people trying to play a trick on me with this talk about Select is tasting good?!

No tricks here... the majority of this forum has tried and is now fans of Select.

As are other boards,
Myself and over a dozen family members,
Every friend I have let sample,
And anyone with working tastebuds IMO ;)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

I only use Select when I can get it for around $10/Lb, if not, I custom blend my own from RawDynamix. But the Vanilla *is* one of the best I've tasted, have to be honest. Different strokes I guess.

Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
Shady as hell company. But one of many that got caught again. Would not even support a shady company like that. I wouldn't even touch their protein no matter how good it tastes. There are so many forum nut huggers cling and support those types of shady companies SMH.

Them trying to pimp their protein in the bb.com forum challenge. LOL yeah we were busted before but our chit tastes good.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'd post it - I never go there... but at this point Caveat Emptor and doom on you if you are ignorant :)

Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
No tricks here... the majority of this forum has tried and is now fans of Select.

As are other boards,
Myself and my non fitness family and friends have tried Select and enjoyed them all. I even gave a tub of CNC to my sister from my compensation stash when she came to visit for my wedding.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Shady as hell company. But one of many that got caught again. Would not even support a shady company like that. I wouldn't even touch their protein no matter how good it tastes. There are so many forum nut huggers cling and support those types of shady companies SMH.

Them trying to pimp their protein in the bb.com forum challenge. LOL yeah we were busted before but our chit tastes good.
but is it verified bro :)?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Myself and my non fitness family and friends have tried Select and enjoyed them all. I even gave a tub of CNC to my sister from my compensation stash when she came to visit for my wedding.
Great to hear this brother,
Have you tried them all yet?

Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
Great to hear this brother,
Have you tried them all yet?
yes, have had them all and was probably the first e-tailer to sell Select.

I was almost burned at the stake for comparing Select Snickerdoodle to XF Cinnamon roll.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein Wars Removal of fake votes

Protein Wars III, Round 2: Fake votes identified and removed

. The two battles that we’ve had to adjust are BSN versus RSP Nutrition, and Beast Sports versus Muscle Elements. Regardless of what you saw if you caught the final results this morning before they were removed, the actual winners and percentages are BSN with Syntha-6 on 51%, and Muscle Elements with the Truth on 55%.

and their previous case on another online retailer:

RSP encouraging unrealistic reviews at Bodybuilding.com

forums an image has been posted of an email from RSP Nutrition. In it are steps from the brand to team members about using a $50 gift card and their BodySpace account to purchase trial sizes of CreAde, Quadralean and DyNO. After that the email says to wait a day, something that is highlighted and enforced in capitals, then rate each product a 10/10.
Except, it says in the post that most brands involved had fake votes cast for them, and then that it affected the outcomes of those two contests only, and that blame doesn't go to any brand individually.

Seems pretty disingenuous to try and frame the topic as 'RSP cheats' and not 'People participating in anonymous online polling cheat'

Ameyer9

Awards
Who knew there was deception in the supplement industry

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
most people on bb.com feel that RSP stuff was all a farce. I know for a fact that MANY supplement companies fake their reviews. Just start watching some of the new stuff dropping and their corresponding links on said website. Next thing you know 15 people who rate only said companies product will post a 10 rating.

I got disgusted with protein wars rather quickly this year. I'm sure MTS got a big boost so everyone wants a piece of that

I've been warned not to say anything though cause you will get banned talking about anything shady done by a supplement company..

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
speaking of that how is nutra bio beating animal whey?

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
I've been warned not to say anything though cause you will get banned talking about anything shady done by a supplement company..
I'm assuming you are talking about bb.com. Here there is much more freedom of speech.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

As are other boards,
I've yet to have any of them. I can't justify spending that much on protein when MyProtein is 1/4 the price and has some pretty solid flavors - albeit some aren't so solid.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I was a part of a team that was sponsored by a company that told us to go on this and that site to give thier products a good rating... sad but true... I bet all site that sell stuff have the same.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm assuming you are talking about bb.com. Here there is much more freedom of speech.
I agree. You may get into rabid debates, but there is no censorship/shady stuff. If you stick to the rules, you can say anything, whether it's popular or not. It's called integrity - nice to see here... I don't go "there" except for the occasional purchase when there is a really good deal.

Ameyer9

Awards
You can speak fairly freely if you're not a rep there though. Just don't use any personal attacks. However, as a rep you're highly filtered.

That being said, I'll refrain from commenting on the whole ordeal as I represent a company ;)

Protein wars has always sort of been a clusterfk. Some of the match ups early knock out good proteins that don't stand a chance again brands that have a cult following. I like the idea of it, but it needs to be set up differently.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You can speak fairly freely if you're not a rep there though. Just don't use any personal attacks. However, as a rep you're highly filtered.

That being said, I'll refrain from commenting on the whole ordeal as I represent a company ;)

Protein wars has always sort of been a clusterfk. Some of the match ups early knock out good proteins that don't stand a chance again brands that have a cult following. I like the idea of it, but it needs to be set up differently.
I could definitely put that to the test - but man, who has the time? :)

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards

You can speak freely till you say something that could damage another company's sales. I would not post anything about them stuffing the ballots on there.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
This is not what experience indicates. Have seen plenty of threads that hurt companies' sales get closed and comments from non-reps which might result in the same outcome get deleted by mods.

In fact, I have gotten mod negged for calling out this behavior in a respectful and civil way.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Except, it says in the post that most brands involved had fake votes cast for them, and then that it affected the outcomes of those two contests only, and that blame doesn't go to any brand individually.

Seems pretty disingenuous to try and frame the topic as 'RSP cheats' and not 'People participating in anonymous online polling cheat'
You always gotta ruin the fun with your "facts" and "logic". Just let us wave our pitchforks in the air in peace!

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
This.

If you follow any of the companies on social media, most of them buy their votes.
Im sure of this...When we are talking so much money to be made...Whi hasnt read a review from a supposed buyer, thinking wooow great im gonna try this.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
"What the American public doesn't know... is what makes them the American public" - Ray Zalinski (Dan Akroyd), 'Tommy Boy' :)

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is not what experience indicates. Have seen plenty of threads that hurt companies' sales get closed and comments from non-reps which might result in the same outcome get deleted by mods.

In fact, I have gotten mod negged for calling out this behavior in a respectful and civil way.
Which mod

Status
Not open for further replies.