Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie rides the White Raspberry wave of Controlled Labs' White Flood (Sponsored)

INTRODUCTION

Controlled Labs has been very generous in sponsoring me with a tub of the newest flavour of White Flood for the next 3 weeks, as I get back into my regular daily and training schedule.

Name: Rosie.
Training Status: Highly Trained/Ex-Elite Athlete.

GOAL

I have been struggling quite a lot with fatigue since I have been in the US. That, on top of supplement choices, has affected my training, and I have not been training even close to Maintenance level. In turn this has led to a change in body composition, which is unacceptable. Over the next 5-8 weeks I am going to get back to the 8% bodyfat that I arrived with...

BODY STATISTICS

Height: 156.6 cm (i.e. 5'1.7")
Mass: 53.81 kg (i.e. 118.4 lb)

FITNESS STATISTICS

Resting Heart Rate: 30 beats per minute
Maximum Heart Rate: 206 beats per minute

DIET

I use a calorie/CHO cycling method, but no specific diet as such, as I listen to my body. Therefore macronutrient ratios and amount of calories (anywhere from 1800 to 4000+ cal/day) will change on a day-to-day basis. CHO sources are primarily from fruit (especially apples and bananas) and berries (especially blueberries and raspberries), oats, basmati rice, kumara and potatoes. Protein sources are from protein powder, tofu, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, beef, salmon, turkey, buffalo, egg whites and seafood. Fat sources are from fish oil, flaxseed oil, natural peanut butter, nuts and seeds (i.e. almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds).

SUPPLEMENTS

Preworkout
White Flood - 2 scoops 30-45 min pre-resistance training (or pre-cardio, if no resistance training that day)
RPM - 2 caps 60 min pre-resistance training (or pre-cardio, if no resistance training that day)

Creatine
Cre-02 - 3 caps 120 min pre-resistance training (~60 min pre-cardio)

Multivitamin/Antioxidants
Complete-Balance - 2 caps post-breakfast.
Bio-Mend - 2 caps post-breakfast.

Good Fats
Omega-Essentials - 2 caps post-breakfast.

Protein/BCAAs
Combat Powder - 1 scoop with breakfast.
BC+EAA - 3 scoops with mid-morning meal and 3 scoops with mid-afternoon meal.

Joints
OsteoSport - 4 caps first thing.

Sleep
Lipotrophin-PM - 2 caps first thing and 2 caps pre-bed.

Fat Loss Stack
DCP - 2 caps first thing, 2 caps pre-lunch, 2 caps pre-dinner, and 1 cap pre-bed.
AlphaBurn - 1 cap first thing and 1 cap 6-8 hours later.
Suppress C - 2 pumps post-am shower and 2 pumps post-pm shower.
Sustain Alpha - 5 pumps post-am shower (5 days on, 2 days off).

TRAINING

Resistance Training

4-5 sessions per week. The aim is for 5 sessions per week, but it's fine if I only 4 get done. I haven't assigned resistance sessions to a particular day of the week; instead they are done in the order Day 1 to Day 4/5 each week, with recovery days between sessions as my body sees fit. My resistance training varies week by week re exercises and order, sets and reps, always striving to increase weights/strength, and continually progress.

Day 1 - Shoulders/Hamstrings
Day 2 - Back/Chest
Day 3 - Full-Body*
Day 4 - Arms/Abs
Day 5 - Full-Body*

* One of the Full-Body sessions will be high rep.

Cardio

3 x HIIT sessions per week
3-4 x steady-state 20-30 min sessions per week
2-4 x 20-30 min sessions per week (whatever day I feel like, done either post-weights or pm)

Stretching

6-7 x 20-30 min sessions (usually after am cardio session)

Note that for any given week training can be changed and adapted, based on how I am feeling.

DAILY COMMENTS

Focus and Stamina
Energy
Endurance
Strength
Explosiveness and Power
Pumps and Vascularity
Recovery
Body Composition
Other Effects

My first session with White Flood was this morning...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Initial Impressions

White Flood (White Raspberry Flavour)

Smell: 9.5/10. As soon as I opened the tub the scent of magnolias filled my senses. There was the faintest hint of raspberry, but to me it was predominantly floral (um, WTF???). The scent was gorgeous and made me look forward to trying it!

Taste: 8/10. White Flood in White Raspberry tastes exactly like raspberry sorbet. The taste is strong. However, there IS another taste underneath the raspberry that hit about halfway through consumption and it is NOT pleasant.

Solubility: 10/10. As soon as I added the powder to water it almost instantly dissolved. On shaking there was no trace of the powder and no clumps or excess was left in the water or on the bottom of the shaker.

Texture: 10/10. Like fruit juice diluted with water.

Other Effects: 5/10. I started out using 2 scoops as opposed to the recommend half scoop for the first usage, as I am usually ok with most products, and even the 'stronger' products that have recommended starting out at less than full-dosage have not affected me, so I just went straight ahead with White Flood from the start...I have experienced Beta-Alanine tingles before, but they have never been as strong as what I got from the White Flood. They started ~10 minutes after dosing and lasted for a good 50-60 minutes once they started. The tingles were pretty bad in my face and ears (which I have never felt them in before). I felt like my face was burning up and it became a little more flushed than the usual ruddiness from exercise.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

0539 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

0550 - Stretch 4 min.

0601 - Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between supersets/sets):
Superset A -
1. BB Clean and Press 4 x 8
2. DB Lateral Raise 4 x 12
3. BB Military Press 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Superset B -
4. DB Shoulder Press 4 x 8
5. Incline DB Rear Raise 4 x 12
Superset C -
6. Leg Curls 4 x 12
7. BB Good Mornings 4 x 12

0656 - Stepper 20 min.

0735 - Stretch 16 min.

Focus and Stamina: Complete focus during training. Despite my heart feeling like it was trying to jump out of my chest and causing extreme shortness of breath and some small pain after BB Clean and Press sets and at other times during resistance training I shook my head, gritted my teeth and kept focused!...Stamina was fine...

Energy: I actually did NOT feel as though I had a lot of energy for training this morning (I passed out early last night again and slept for ~7 hours; and as mentioned previously, anything more than 4-5 hours sleep and I am not as functional), but I managed to "just keep going like the Energizer Bunny" (as has been said to me on numerous occasions before)...

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: First time in a new gym means getting used to the weights there, etc. (since they all differ slightly) and finding where I was at. I kept finding that I was actually underestimating what I was capable of, even though it was often LESS than what I HAVE been using when I HAVE trained over the last few weeks!

Explosiveness and Power: First effort during HIIT was out of the blocks, full speed ahead...Only my BB Clean and Press was about power in resistance training...

Pumps and Vascularity: Got a massive pump in legs and shoulders during training...Vascularity was pretty badass...

Recovery: Recovery has been slow. Still feeling my hamstrings quite a bit (and the leg curl did not help today; PAIN!) since those BB Back Squats two days ago. Walked VERY slowly home and hamstrings have been tender walking all day. Feeling quite shattered as well (and looking it).

Body Composition: Softer than I want, but still seeing definition.

Other Effects: I have experienced Beta-Alanine tingles before, but they have never been as strong as what I got from the White Flood. They started ~10 minutes after dosing and lasted for a good 50-60 minutes once they started. The tingles were pretty bad in my face and ears (which I have never felt them in before). I felt like my face was burning up and it became a little more flushed than the usual ruddiness from exercise...During resistance training my heart was beating so hard and fast during and after some exercises it was hurting and felt like it was trying to jump out of my chest and I was having a hard time breathing. NOT happy (nor pleasant)...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

0912 - 1 mile Run.

0927 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between alternate sets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 8, 6, 6, 2
2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 6
Alternate Set B -
3. BB Deadlifts 4 x 4, 6, 6, 6
4. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 10
Alternate Set C -
5. BB Bent Over Row 4 x 4
6. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on DB) 4 x 12

1021 - Spin Bike:
20 min @ 100-102 rpm

1058 - Stretch 22 min.

Focus and Stamina: Definitely focused, although getting quite heady while lifting, because of the effort and also because there is poor air conditioning and I get overheated easily...Stamina fine; time passed quickly...

Energy: Whole body ached all over on waking and did not have the energy to be FAST. Had the energy to do it at a steady pace and just keep going...

Strength: FAR from ok with Pull-Ups; I am going to have to work my way BACK up AGAIN (that's the SECOND time this year I've had to do it!) to what I was doing (I'm also heavier than I was, so...) Everything else was fine...

Explosiveness and Power: There...

Pumps and Vascularity: Wasn't doing the reps for a pump...Vascularity on the other hand, was strong, with knots all through my arms...

Recovery: Legs are fine now...Feeling upper traps (since waking)...It will be the fifth day in a row in the gym tomorrow; be interesting to see how I feel after THAT!

Body Composition: Working on it...

Other Effects: Unlike yesterday I did NOT get strong Beta-Alanine tingles today, and I did not experience them until I was on the spin bike and it was 98 minutes after I took my White Flood. They didn't last long either, only ~20 minutes and were so mild...Tight chest and shortness of breath did NOT occur in the gym today...Walking home from the gym I almost threw up (but squashed it down), which is saying SOMEthing (either about the intensity I was working at or getting back into it), since I do NOT throw up (I can count the amount of times I have in my lifetime on one hand, and even putting a finger down my throat canNOT induce vomiting!)...I LOVED the smell of the White Flood yesterday, but today it seemed even BETTER and it's honestly the best smelling supplement that I have ever used and I almost felt like just sniffing it and siffing it for the scent, LOL :D

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
sub'd, looking good rosie. i've heard good things about white flood. Thinking bout swapping out Jack'd to try something new. Will deffinally be watching

] White Flood in White Raspberry tastes exactly like raspberry sorbet. The taste is strong. However, there IS another taste underneath the raspberry that hit about halfway through consumption and it is NOT pleasant.

Don't you just hate when that happens lolol :yuck:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub'd, looking good rosie. i've heard good things about white flood. Thinking bout swapping out Jack'd to try something new. Will deffinally be watching

Don't you just hate when that happens lolol :yuck:
Liking it so far :)

Wasn't as bad today (I drank it faster too, though).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

1105 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 24 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 5 min jogging

1130 - Stretch 22 min.

1158 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between rounds):
3 rounds -
1. BB Good Mornings x 10
2. Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Down x 10
3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on DB) x 10
4. BB Military Press x 10
5. Lateral Raise x 10
6. Weighted Dips x 10
7. E-Z Bar Bicep Curls x 10
8. Weighted Crunch x 10
9. Deadbug with 25lb plate x 10
10. Double Straight Leg Raise (on bench) x 10
11. Plank x 1 min

Focus and Stamina: Focused 100%...Stamina there (no need to do a second cardio after HIIT AND Full-Body)...

Energy: Energy was steady...

Strength: This session was not about strength...

Explosiveness and Power: Fine...

Pumps and Vascularity: Had a pump from the time I finished my HIIT Run (which is interesting, considering HIIT does NOT usually give a pump anywhere, let alone ARMS!) Pump continued during resistance training...Vascularity strong...

Recovery: Arms and Chest ache from the last couple of days (also been 5 days in a row resistance training in the last 7 weeks, so that's playing a part in the DOMS as well)...Feeling pretty ok though...

Body Composition: Looked ok...

Other Effects: Experienced the Beta-Alanine tingles 8 minutes after dosing White Flood today. Again they were mild and only lasted ~10 minutes...Did my resistance session 60 minutes post-dose as well, just to see what difference (if any) having it 60 min pre-weights made (since I have the last two days had it 45 min pre-weights). Didn't notice any difference...

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
Who do you have take that picture LOL

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who do you have take that picture LOL
It was part of a series of artistic images during a photoshoot earlier this year :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4

This week's Day OFF...Because it is a Day Off I am NOT using White Flood today...

Focus and Stamina: Focus is there...

Energy: Energy has been ok since I got up at 0515, despite being shattered last night and not falling asleep until close to 0200 this morning...

Endurance: N/A.

Strength: N/A.

Explosiveness and Power: N/A.

Pumps and Vascularity: It barely takes me waving my arms around to get a pump in them (WTF???)...Vascularity good...

Recovery: I ache all over from training over the last 5 days (DOMS is to be expected, especially getting back into it after what feels like forever 'off'). Arms feel the worst.

Body Composition and Look: Definitely look (and feel) better when I am doing 4-5 resistance training sessions...I am noticing that my muscles are back to being hard almost all the time as well (love that).

Other Effects: None.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5

Did not use White Flood today either...However, HAVE been using 1 cap of Cre-02 15-30 minutes pre-meals 2-3 times daily on non-resistance training days...

Focus and Stamina: Focused I was this morning...Spent the afternoon and evening passing in and out of sleep...

Energy: Energy was there this morning...Feeling exhausted after walk (er...)

Pumps and Vascularity: My triceps have had a constant pump in them for a few days now and it hurts so much that I can barely move my arms and is NOT pleasant at all...Vascularity the usual...

Recovery: Not sure if it is poor recovery or something else, but the DOMS in arms (with pump) is NOT fun...

Body Composition and Look: Muscles harder and starting to get back that definition..Triceps have gained size (this is especially noticeable in right side, which looks a lot bigger than my left; wonder why).

Other Effects: Aside from the weird constant tricep pump, none.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6

Because of the circumstances had another day OFF (you can be sure that from now on I will be only having ONE day off a week, if that!)

Focus and Stamina: Focused all day...

Energy: Some energy today...Bit lethargic afternoon...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pump subsided slightly in the evening, although still painful in the morning...Vascularity good...

Recovery: Starting to feel a little better (triceps and arms still hurt am)...

Body Composition and Look: Haven't been drinking as much as I usually would over the last 3 days and it has caused me to retain a bit of water (I need to be drinking over a galleon a day, else it does that).

Other Effects: N/A.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7

0917 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
2. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 8 min jogging

0940 - Stretch 20 min.

1008 - Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets. no recovery between trisets):
Superset A -
1. Weighted Dips 4 x 12
2. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curl 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
Superset B -
3. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 4 x 6, 5, 4, 4
4. Zottoman Curls 4 x 12
Superset C -
5. Overhead Rope Cable Tricep Extension 4 x 12
6. Incline Bicep Curl 4 x 12
Superset D -
7. Rope Tricep Push-Down 2 x 12
8. E-Z Bar Bicep Curls 2 x 21s
Triset -
9. Rope Crunch 1 x 50
10. Knee-Ins (on floor) 1 x 50
11. Plank x 1 min

1057 - Gazelle 20 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus right on all day...Stamina there...

Energy: Had fresh, bright energy today. HIIT Run was awesome, as was cooler today, and was perfect for me, energizing me the air...

Strength: I did the same exercises and similar rep range as last week for this session. However weights for all exericses in Supersets A and B were quite a bit more than last week.

Explosiveness and Power: Not an explosive nor powerful session re exercises (and not trying to be either).

Pumps and Vascularity: Pump came on strong during resistance training...Vascularity was good...

Recovery: Felt fresh as during HIIT Run...Resistance training did not suffer...And felt great during post-weights cardio (I am used to the Gazelle now)...

Body Composition and Look: Still holding a little subcutaneous water.

Other Effects: I did NOT experience ANY Beta-Alanine tingles today at all...No nausea or feeling like throwing up...Tricep pump has subsided now and not painful as it was...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8

This week's Day OFF (all these days off in a row are enough to make my head SPIN; it wasn't so long ago that I would barely have 1-2 weeks off over a whole YEAR!)

Focus and Stamina: Focused all day, especially since highly stressed and tense...

Energy: Neither here nor there during the day. Lots of nervous energy come pm that would have benefited from a good beating...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pump in triceps returned late afternoon, but not painful like last time. Had painful back pumps on left side (odd), though...Vascularity fine...

Recovery: Felt recovered from the week before, aside from the fact that I slept longer than usual...

Body Composition and Look: Feeling bloated and puffy and water retentive (???)

Other Effects: No White Flood use today, as no training...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9

0558 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

0617 - Stretch 20 min.

0707 - Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between supersets/sets):
Superset A -
1. BB Clean and Press 4 x 8
3. BB Military Press 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
Superset B -
4. DB Shoulder Press 4 x 12
Superset C -
6. Leg Curls 4 x 12
7. BB Good Mornings 4 x 12

0801 - Treadmill:
a. 2 x 1 min effort @ 3.75 min/km / 30 sec rest
b. 3 x 30 sec effort @ 3.75 min/km / 1 min rest
c. 4 x 1 min effort @ 3.75 min/km / 1 min rest
d. 1 x 30 sec @ 4.17 min/km

Focus and Stamina: Despite a few moments during resistance training when I got lightheaded, kept my focus...Stamina there...

Energy: Felt completely SMASHED during resistance training...

Strength: I did better than last week, with either weight or reps, so good.

Explosiveness and Power: The only exercise that was really explosive was the BB Clean and Press; and I was breathing heavily between reps.

Pumps and Vascularity: Pump started during HIIT Run, in my anterior deltoids. It intensified during resistance training; appearing in triceps as well...Vascularity started coming out more during BB Military Press...

Recovery: Ok, I guess. The Treadmill after my resistance session was an effort and then some, but didn't fall off the treadmill or land on my face...

Body Composition and Look: Still feeling like I am holding water (what's up with that? I'm drinking enough and there's NO other reason for it)...

Other Effects: Felt the Beta-Alanine tingles today; they started ~40 minutes after dosing it, and instead of being on my face and ears, I felt them all over my legs and glutes and down my arms, which was weird. Not a strong tingle like it was the first time I used White Flood, but different, nonetheless...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i guess i am one of the few who really enjoys the ba tingles. white flood is one of my favorites, can really feel it working.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i guess i am one of the few who really enjoys the ba tingles. white flood is one of my favorites, can really feel it working.
I didn't say that I didn't enjoy them. However, I am ambivalent either way; they don't bother me, nor do I find them that great.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't say that I didn't enjoy them. However, I am ambivalent either way; they don't bother me, nor do I find them that great.
i see, a lot of people complain about them. then again a lot of people like me seem to enjoy them. to me they kind of give a boost to the stim effect of white flood.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i see, a lot of people complain about them. then again a lot of people like me seem to enjoy them. to me they kind of give a boost to the stim effect of white flood.
I'm not noticing a "stim effect" from White Flood in the sense of jittery, nervous energy followed by a crash. The energy I am noticing is more like that I get from RPM, but doesn't last as long.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not noticing a "stim effect" from White Flood in the sense of jittery, nervous energy followed by a crash. The energy I am noticing is more like that I get from RPM, but doesn't last as long.
i get a nice wake up call from white flood, but it is when i start moving that it really kicks in. mood enhancement is good too, plus the strength boost. glad to see you are liking it too. white flood is one of my favorites.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10

1008 - HIIT Run:
a. 5 min jogging
c. 5 min jogging
d. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
e. 5 min jogging

1041 - Stretch 24 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus there some. Quite tired and distracted, though...Stamina ok...

Energy: Not a lot. Highly stressed, which is not helping things (then again, the best way for me to relieve my stress is through hard training sessions, and when I don't have the energy or don't get them in, it INcreases the stress)...

Endurance: Fine.

Pumps and Vascularity: Pump in anterior delts during and after HIIT Run (what is with the getting pumps during CARDIO???)...Vascularity as normal...

Recovery: Not so great. My hamstrings are definitely feeling yesterday's session (I so miss my IGF-2; NOTHING gives me recovery like that does!) So painful come the afternoon that could barely walk without extreme pain (doing the HIIT Run after yesterday's HIIT Run, resistance session, and treadmill didn't help, either)...

Body Composition and Look: Still holding water and looking a little puffy and feeling rather UNcomfortable...

Other Effects: None. I may start using White Flood on days that I do just cardio as well, to see if that makes a difference or if I feel any other effects...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11

Yeah, these are NOT cool. I've only done 4 days of training each of the last two weeks, at not even HALF of my usual Maintenance training, and I feel more like sh*t every time I miss a session (and missing a DAY; WHOAH!) This week is going to get 5 days in, and next week had better get back to being 6-7 days!!!

Focus and Stamina: Focus highly irritated (why the fcuk can't people get things right the fcuking first time instead of screwing everyone else around???)...Stamina petering and passing out later in the afternoon...

Energy: Not when I woke up. And the stress (as well as body still aching) draining me...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps in arms have returned...Vascularity ok...

Recovery: Legs still feeling DOMS this morning...Tired...Recovery NOT great at all...

Body Composition and Look: Shoulders and arms are definitely harder all the time; starting to see a little more definition as well because of it (I need to do resistance training 5-6 days a week to FEEL (and look) decent)...

Other Effects: Aside from experiencing some minor lethargy late afternoon, then nothing. I'm finding that I pass out not long after eating all my meals post-12pm these days; never been like that before. I had better NOT be getting sensitive to insulin (well, girl, you knew that you had to clean up your act re nutrition; this is a wake-up call; PAY ATTENTION to it!!!)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12

0505 - Gazelle 20 min.

0534 - Stretch 24 min.

0610 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. BB Deadlifts 6 x 6
2. Flat BB Bench Press 6 x 6
Superset B -
3. BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7
4. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on BB) 6 x 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7
Superset C -
5. Lat Pull-Downs 2 x 15
6. Push-Ups (feet and hands on floor) 2 x 15

Focus and Stamina: Focus there during training...Outside of training, deep concentration to get other matters sorted and finished...Stamina fine...

Energy: Had energy right through training (the only reason that I did NOT go for a HIIT Run post-weights was because I was so heady) and lasted right up until ~1500, when passed out for ~3 hours...

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Better.

Explosiveness and Power: Definite explosiveness.

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps in chest, anterior delts, and arms right through training and lasting quite some time afterwards...Vascularity pretty fantastic with high knots on my skin...

Recovery: Terrible. Feeling DOMS severely from training this morning ~12 hours later. Whole body aches and every move I make is called 'pain'...

Body Composition and Look: It might be acceptable to others, but NOT to me!!!

Other Effects: Beta-Alanine tingles were experienced ~30 minutes after dosing White Flood, all though ears and down back of legs and glutes again...Numbness and minor tingling in fingers come ~1900, but not for long..

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed.. might try this out after my ragnaork is done.. interested if it help with energy and explosiveness

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed.. might try this out after my ragnaork is done.. interested if it help with energy and explosiveness
It definitely helps with energy. As for explosiveness, that depends on what your training is like and whether you do/need power.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go through I period where I try and work alot of deadlifts, hang cleans, clean and preses, push presses, high pulls, and kettle bell, sand bag, burpees, sled, and tire work... now I am trying out a 12 week hypertrophy program by scivation and after this focus more time on my explosive drills. Thinking of maybe picking this up after my program now.

Currently I use caffeine free ragnaork as a preWO, but I aslo have a tub of jack3d here for when I dont have any energy

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 13

This morning was highly stressful, finishing off an uber important task and the afternoon was filled with babysitting my nephews (my FIRST time babysitting; being the oldest when the adults went out when I was younger doesn't count)...SO, NO training today (GRRR); just when I probably need it the MOST...

Focus and Stamina: Complete focus all morning (I HAD to be!)...Stamina fine...

Energy: Made it through the morning withOUT crashing...Made it through a trying afternoon as well before passing out briefly...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps in chest (WTF???) and arms...Vascularity not a lot today...

Recovery: The worst ever; feeling Chest and Legs sore as from yesterday's session and the HIIT Run the day before...

Body Composition and Look: I don't look any different to the condition that the majority of fitness models are in; but NOT lean enough for me...

Other Effects: None. I do NOT take White Flood on NON-resistance training days.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 14

1102 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

1119 - Stretch 30 min.

1212 - Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets; no recovery between trisets):
Superset A -
1. Weighted Dips 4 x 6
2. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
Superset B -
3. Weighted Incline Dips 4 x 6
4. Zottoman Curls 4 x 12
Superset C -
5. Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions 4 x 12
6. Incline Bicep Curls 4 x 15
Superset D -
7. Rope Tricep Push-Down 2 x 15
8. E-Z Bar Bicep Curls 2 x 21s
Triset -
9. Rope Crunch 1 x 50
10. Knee-Ins (on floor) 1 x 50
11. Plank 1 x 1 min

1253 - Gazelle 20 min.

Focus and Stamina: Unwavering, both in training and afterwards (it's back to work time)...

Energy: Despite how my body felt, energy was smooth and carried me through my training (even when I started getting tired during resistance session)...

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Improving.

Explosiveness and Power: HIIT Run was on the slower side re efforts today...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps painful and hard in Arms...Vascularity knots struggling to break through the skin surface...

Recovery: Still feeling Chest from two days ago re DOMS; it even hurt while I was RUNNING...

Body Composition and Look: Have increased body mass over the last two weeks, now sitting at 54.9kg (i.e. 120.8lb)...

Other Effects: Beta-Alanine tingles up back of legs and glutes ~40 minutes after dosing, but not for long...

Other Notes: It's been a difficult last two weeks. I have managed 4 training days each week. Next week there's NO more excuses NOT to be back at 100% Maintenance training levels...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 15

0606 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

0629 - Stretch 11 min.

0708 - Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between supersets/sets):
Superset A -
1. BB Clean and Press 4 x 8, 6, 6, 6
3. BB Military Press 4 x 12, 12, 10, 8
Superset B -
4. DB Shoulder Press 4 x 8, 10, 12, 12
Superset C -
6. Lying Leg Curls 4 x 15
7. BB Good Mornings 4 x 15

0759 - Stepper 20 min.

0841 - Stretch 10 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus on target. Not as many heady spells during resistance training as there has been for this particular session the last two weeks...Stamina just fine...

Energy: Although the HIIT Run took something out of me I still had energy for my resistance session and the Stepper afterwards. Energy clean and smooth...

Strength: Increasing the weight, especially for BB Clean and Press, from last week.

Explosiveness and Power: Explosive, not so much during HIIT Run, aside from the first few efforts (slowed a little)...Powerful, yes, in the gym...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps in anterior delts started during HIIT Run; they continued during resistance session, and I STILL feel them...Vascularity was pretty high during resistance session, moreso BETWEEN supersets than when actually lifting; seeing the veins strong through my arms and deltoids...

Recovery: Still feeling as if I have NOT recovered from last week's training sessions yet...

Body Composition and Look: Getting there...

Other Effects: NO Beta-Alanine tingles today...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 16

1051 - 3 mile Run.

1123 - Stretch 20 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus there the first half of the run; just wanting it to be over the second half...Stamina there; speed NOT...

Energy: Started out on run ok. Couldn't hold the pace though. Realized a quarter of the way through that I notice this difference in energy when I am NOT using RPM first thing (I have been out of RPM the last week or so)...

Endurance: Fine.

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps not a lot today...Vascularity was ok...

Recovery: Nowhere near as good as IGF-2 (NOTHING beats recovery on that!)...

Body Composition and Look: Calves and arms are getting more defined...

Other Effects: Nothing.

Other Notes: As I mentioned above I realized the effects re not using RPM during my run. Something else I realized was that whenever I am not using Drive my running suffers re speed. My speed endurance also suffers and I generally do not enjoy my runs...So, going to be starting back on the Drive when I get some more...And going to keep RPM as a STAPLE...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
rosie, your drive and commitment is unreal. i get the feeling you are your worst critic, this is what will get you to the top. best of luck. tom. :cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rosie, your drive and commitment is unreal. i get the feeling you are your worst critic, this is what will get you to the top. best of luck. tom. :cheers:
We are all our own worst critics, Tom. However, I rarely let myself 'settle' for anything, and regardless of how someone else views me I almost always never see myself the same way and strive to be what and get where I want me to be.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We are all our own worst critics, Tom. However, I rarely let myself 'settle' for anything, and regardless of how someone else views me I almost always never see myself the same way and strive to be what and get where I want me to be.
you give em hell, rosie. i think you are doing great. and good luck.:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 17

1151 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

1217- Stretch 7 min.

1257 - Back/Chest (1 min recovery between alternate sets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 4
2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 8
Alternate Set B -
3. BB Deadlifts 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
4. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 12, 12, 6, 6
Alternate Set C -
5. BB Bent Over Row 4 x 12, 6, 3, 3
6. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on medicine balls) 4 x 12
Alternate Set D -
7. Close-Grip Seated Row 2 x 15, 8
8. Cable Crossovers 2 x 10, 8

1352 - Treadmill:
a. 1 x 2 min @ 4.69 min/km/1 min break
b. 1 x 2 min @ 4.41 min/km/1 min break
c. 1 x 2 min @ 4.16 min/km/1 min break
d. 1 x 2 min @ 3.95 min/km/1 min break
e. 4 x 1 min @ 3.75 min/km/1 min break
f. 4 x 30 sec @ 3.57 min/km/30 sec break
g. 1 x 30 sec @ 3.41 min/km

1517 - Stretch 18 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus high...Stamina amazing...

Energy: Energy during HIIT Run took a while to get there and feeling drained by the end of it and glad to get home...Resistance training saw me coming alive and feeling as if I could go on for ages...Treadmill efforts started off at an easy pace as wasn't sure how body was feeling, but kept on increasing it and body responded well, managing the faster paces that I pushed it to without feeling exhausted and fatigued as it has been...

Strength: Did a lot better today than either of the last two weeks during resistance training, increasing the weights every set from the second set on; strength continues to rise and soon I will be back at where I was pre-USA.

Explosiveness and Power: Definitely there. Treadmill required some today and had it to spare.

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps excellent, starting from the HIIT Run and continuing through to the walk home from the gym...Vascularity awesome...

Recovery: For the first time over the last two weeks I do not feel shattered after training, so recovery is starting to pick up...

Body Composition and Look: Need to be leaner, harder, tighter, drier, more vascular and defined and slender...

Other Effects: Barely any Beta-Alanine tingles...On third set of Push-Ups felt like I was going to throw up (but didn't)...Making sure I push myself HARD...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn, rosie. you really do have to be your own worse critic. i don't know many others who would find much to criticize. that pic is scorching hot. wow

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 18

1119 - Spin Bike:
20 min @ 100-102 rpm

1146 - Full-Body (1 min recovery between supersets; 30 sec recovery between trisets):
Superset A -
1. BB Romanian Deadlift (on box) 4 x 10
2. Lying Leg Curl 4 x 20
Superset B -
3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on medicine balls) 4 x 10
4. Close-Grip Seated Row 4 x 10
Superset C -
5. BB Military Press 4 x 10
6. DB Lateral Raise 4 x 20
Superset D -
7. Dips 4 x 10
8. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 10
Triset -
9. Rope Crunch 4 x 15
10. Weighted Crunch (on bench) 4 x 15
11. Plank x 30 sec

1300 - Treadmill:
a. 1 x 1 min @ 4.16 min/km/1 min break
b. 1 x 1 min @ 3.95 min/km/1 min break
c. 1 x 1 min @ 3.75 min/km/1 min break
d. 3 x 30 sec @ 3.57 min/km/30 sec break
e. 3 x 30 sec @ 3.41 min/km/30 sec break
f. 1 x 1 min @ 4.16 min

1348 - Stretch 20 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus unbelievable...Stamina quite something...

Energy: High. Hardly even felt fatigued after resistance training...

Strength: This session was NOT about strength.

Explosiveness and Power: There all right.

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps were hard and painful at times, especially in anterior delts and upper traps...Vascularity was strong...

Recovery: Felt pretty good afterwards...

Body Composition and Look: Got told that I look leaner from last week and even from a few days ago, and I have GAINED weight...

Other Effects: Felt Beta-Alanine tingles for a few minutes once finished on the Spin Bike (~40 minutes after having White Flood), but they were barely there and hardly lasted...Feeling good...

Other Notes: I have been chewing ThermoGum during training, and I am noticing that that is making a small difference, along with White Flood re energy...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 19

1059 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 1 x 1 min effort
d. 2 min jogging

1112 - Gazelle 10 min.

1124 - Stretch 20 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus there; so ALERT when woke up I was still bouncing off the walls at a hundred miles an hour like I was yesterday...Stamina ok...

Energy: There; decided NOT to do resistance training today, though; which is ok, considering I am NOT having a day off this week...

Explosiveness and Power: Ok...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps in anterior delts and arms strong...Vascularity strong as well...

Recovery: DOMS in mid to lower back (from deadlifts on Wednesday probably); decided to have a break from resistance training today, even though if I'd gone to the gym I would have no doubt blitzed through...

Body Composition and Look: Definitely noticing a difference (see what training properly again does!)...

Other Effects: Nothing...

Other Notes: Since I have been back training properly again my sleeping patterns have returned to normal. However, they are normal for the times it would be if I were in NEW ZEALAND (NZ) right now (i.e. I am going to be ~2030-2130 NZ time and waking up (no alarm clocks) at ~0300-0400 NZ time). Guess that's a START. Now to get those times to US time and I'll be ok. Regardless, I am going to train first thing every day and do as much as possible to get back into a regular schedule...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i spent several years in the r.p. time conversion was easy though 12 am = 12 pm. btw you seem to have a strong tolerance to stims for someone your body weight. when i weighed 210 i got a nice lift from a scoop of wf, and that's close to double what you weigh. very thorough log rosie, meticulous.:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i spent several years in the r.p. time conversion was easy though 12 am = 12 pm. btw you seem to have a strong tolerance to stims for someone your body weight. when i weighed 210 i got a nice lift from a scoop of wf, and that's close to double what you weigh. very thorough log rosie, meticulous.:cheers:
r.p.?

Yes, it has been established before that I have a very high tolerance to stimulants. THREE scoops of White Flood would probably hit the spot quite nicely as opposed to only two; and I am going to do that next week.

Thanks, bud!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
r.p.?

Yes, it has been established before that I have a very high tolerance to stimulants. THREE scoops of White Flood would probably hit the spot quite nicely as opposed to only two; and I am going to do that next week.

Thanks, bud!
republic of philipines. i never tried 3 scoops but willing to bet it would have lit me up.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 20

This week's Day OFF...

Focus and Stamina: Focus there for sure; spent the afternoon writing another article (and for those that don't already know I am a writer for Bodybuilding.com; see Bodybuilding.com Writer Profile - Rosie Chee...Stamina fine (ThermoGum really does give you that much more focus and energy)...

Energy: Bouncing off the walls (but respecting the day off)...

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps in arms and back appearing on and off throughout the day...Vascularity pretty reasonable, considering it was cooler today...

Recovery: A bit of pain from pumps (not sure WHY they would be there, seeing as I did NOT train today), but otherwise fine...

Body Composition and Look: Recomping nicely...

Other Effects: N/A.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow- rosie taking a day off! been hearing good things about the gum too. hey since you are taking the day off, you might post another pic. the last one burnt a hole in my computer.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 21

0808 - 5km Run.

0838 - Stretch 27 min.

0916 - Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets; 30 sec recovery between trisets):
Superset A -
1. Weighted Dips 4 x 12
2. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
Supserset B -
3. Incline Dips 4 x 12
4. E-Z Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 12
Superset C -
5. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 4 x 6
6. Zottoman Curls 4 x 12
Superset D -
7. Rope Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 12
8. Incline Bicep Curls 4 x 12
Triset -
9. Weighted Crunch (on bench) 4 x 15
10. Straight-Leg Double-Leg Raise (on bench) 4 x 15
11. Plank 4 x 30 sec

1017 - Gazelle 20 min.

Focus and Stamina: Focus has been awesome; having to find something to do to keep myself BUSY...Stamina just fine...

Energy: This last week has seen me much more alive and energetic, since training has been at Maintenance levels and more the way I like it and stress has eased somewhat and I am chewing ThermoGum a LOT...

Strength: Getting better; increasing weight for almost every exercise.

Explosiveness and Power: Good.

Pumps and Vascularity: Pumps in arms strong, especially by the end of the second superset...Vascularity good...

Recovery: Slept for nearly 11 hours last night (must have needed it)...Body is definitely a little sore, but not as much as it was (guess I just needed to get 'used' to training more again)...

Body Composition and Look: Starting to see the progress; this week has seen me noticeably lean up a bit (see what a different training makes for me!)...

Other Effects: Beta-Alanine tingles started after the second superset (which was ~50 minutes after having White Flood) and lasted for only a few sets.

Other Notes: From tomorrow I am going to start dosing White Flood at THREE scoops and see how that compares to two scoops. I am also going to NOT chew ThermoGum during a few sessions, to see how the White Flood actually does re energy on its own and see if it is any different (as I noticed that my energy was BETTER when I chewed ThermGum as well as dosing White Flood)...Aside from not doing one resistance session (i.e. I did 4 instead of 5, but 4 is still 'ok') I completed all the planned training sessions for this week. Next week is going to see me take it up a notch just a little more (as I have managed to do each week) re training by adding in that fifth resistance session and a couple more cardio sessions...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow- rosie taking a day off! been hearing good things about the gum too. hey since you are taking the day off, you might post another pic. the last one burnt a hole in my computer.
The day off was YESTERDAY (update was made today, since I passed out before I planned on going to bed and didn't wake up until this morning when my husband got home from work)...Got to make sure that I have ONE day OFF per week, though, since having a day off every FEW weeks was part of the contributing factors to why I have been so fatigued and shattered since I've been in the US...ThermoGum is indeed great stuff. Definitely something to chew on when you're training or need that extra energy (I am bouncing off the walls like an excitable puppy when I chew it for more than 3 hours and Sean tells me that I'm like an ADHD child, LOL)...Pics another day...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The day off was YESTERDAY (update was made today, since I passed out before I planned on going to bed and didn't wake up until this morning when my husband got home from work)...Got to make sure that I have ONE day OFF per week, though, since having a day off every FEW weeks was part of the contributing factors to why I have been so fatigued and shattered since I've been in the US...ThermoGum is indeed great stuff. Definitely something to chew on when you're training or need that extra energy (I am bouncing off the walls like an excitable puppy when I chew it for more than 3 hours and Sean tells me that I'm like an ADHD child, LOL)...Pics another day...
given your tolerance for stims that is a huge endorsement for thermogum.

Status
Not open for further replies.