Resistance bands solo

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got a little extra money and was thinking of adding some resistance bands to the gym bag. My only concern is I workout solo. You guys think it would be safe to set up and do say squats and bench solo with bands? My concern since I haven't used them is honestly unracking and getting into position. I would be using dumbbells as anchors.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a little extra money and was thinking of adding some resistance bands to the gym bag. My only concern is I workout solo. You guys think it would be safe to set up and do say squats and bench solo with bands? My concern since I haven't used them is honestly unracking and getting into position. I would be using dumbbells as anchors.

Thanks guys

Just as safe as working out with no bands.

Although I've never used DB's as anchors I generally attach them to the rack.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just as safe as working out with no bands.

Although I've never used DB's as anchors I generally attach them to the rack.
I guess I'm picturing too much tension at the top that moving into position would be hard. I am thinking db's bc I workout at a commercial gym and I don't thing all the racks have pegs to set up too.

Thanks man

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I'm picturing too much tension at the top that moving into position would be hard. I am thinking db's bc I workout at a commercial gym and I don't thing all the racks have pegs to set up too.

Thanks man

As long as its weight you can handle it should be no different than when you unrack regularly.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you calculate the resistance at the top accurately and can handle that load, you should be fine. The problem with bans is that most people use too thick of a band. For most people, mini and monster mini bands are going to be more than enough.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As long as you calculate the resistance at the top accurately and can handle that load, you should be fine. The problem with bans is that most people use too thick of a band. For most people, mini and monster mini bands are going to be more than enough.
Those are exactly what I was thinking of getting. Thanks for the input man.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Rodja , these bands you speak of are these the standard SPRI Xertube bands with handles or a different kind of monster or mini monster bands?

aceroni

Awards
Are you referring to bench?
Have you ever used to onyx bands? Those guys aren't a joke

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you referring to bench?
Have you ever used to onyx bands? Those guys aren't a joke
For any of them. The onyx bands are a lineup with varying thicknesses and resistances. The thickest bands I've ever used are the average ones on deadlifts and those were way too much for me. Even the lights are pushing it for most people.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John Meadows has a package of bands at Elite FTS that has a good variety for anything you might need.