Reducing Water Retention

GatoLoiro

GatoLoiro

Awards
What are some of your guy's preferred methods for reducing water retention? What has worked for you in the past? What were the contributing factors?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Monitoring and tracking sodium intake is the main contributor for me. If I fluctuate my sodium intake I hold water pretty easy.

Valdosta

Valdosta

Awards
e2 increases sodium sensitivity. Decreasing sodium will always work. Decreasing e2 will sometimes work.

Recently ive stuck to drier dht type stacks with around 250 test and nothing more watery than test and I haven't needed any ai, have been able to eat whatever amount of sodium I want, and havent seen much water sitting on my face.

Anthony SM

Awards
Reducing carb intake or always use 200 mg Dihydroberberine when I'm eating carbs, and Water Out by NOW helps me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Monitor your potassium intake. Make sure you are getting enough fruits & veggies like oranges, beets, greens like spinach. Beans, potatoes, meat/fish are also great sources.

In addition to watching sodium, if potassium total is lacking you can try a granulated potassium condiment like NuSalt or Morton Salt Substitute on food to bump it up. Be mindful this can promote heartburn and/or the runs in some people if you overdo it, and potassium is not something you want to megadose - you want it coming mainly from your diet.

GatoLoiro

GatoLoiro

Awards
Reducing carb intake or always use 200 mg Dihydroberberine when I'm eating carbs, and Water Out by NOW helps me.
This sounds like a great strategy. I looked into these supplements and have them ordered. My blood glucose is shooting up to over 160 from mid 80s after a single meal with 350 grams of chicken and 250 grams of rice. I think my insulin sensitivity is awful right now.

Monitor your potassium intake. Make sure you are getting enough fruits & veggies like oranges, beets, greens like spinach. Beans, potatoes, meat/fish are also great sources.

In addition to watching sodium, if potassium total is lacking you can try a granulated potassium condiment like NuSalt or Morton Salt Substitute on food to bump it up. Be mindful this can promote heartburn and/or the runs in some people if you overdo it, and potassium is not something you want to megadose - you want it coming mainly from your diet.
Taking 2,000 mg daily of potassium citrate. Great tip. It's definitely an important aspect. I get most of my dietary potassium from spinach.

dandelion root
Water Out by NOW has dandelion root as an ingredient. You guys have turned me onto this. Thanks a lot.

GatoLoiro

GatoLoiro

Awards
Going keto, the dandelion root, berberine, and hydrochlorothiazide, I am down 22 lbs in under two weeks.