Top Cortisol Reducing Supplements

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just as the title says what are some of the best cortisol reducing supplements/PED’s.

Most people in my opinion whether natural or enhanced could really benefit from lowering their cortisol.

Besides Ashwaghanda what other supps are out there?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
endo amp

i use it as a staple for it's cognitive benefits, but it also helps to modulate cortisol---which is good for me since i am a regular heavy stim user and endo amp can be used daily for long term-i've been on it daily for well over a year.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
endo amp

i use it as a staple for it's cognitive benefits, but it also helps to modulate cortisol---which is good for me since i am a regular heavy stim user and endo amp can be used daily for long term-i've been on it daily for well over a year.
Yeah I like looked up Endo Amp and like the ingredient profile. But $70 per bottle? That’s rough.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Invictus - .5 am and .5 before bed
Endoamp 3 caps preworkout @ 7pm
What if I workout earlier in the day?
1/2 in the morning and 1/2 preworkout still? Or should I space them out more?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sns reduceXT ( best caps option )

3 topical's that i like ..
xpg suppress-c ( topical ) ( old school cel version was one of the 1st topical baet)
apex - aet-50
Invictus

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would still dose all caps pre. The cognitive benefits tremendously improve the mind to muscle connection.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just as the title says what are some of the best cortisol reducing supplements/PED’s.

Most people in my opinion whether natural or enhanced could really benefit from lowering their cortisol.

Besides Ashwaghanda what other supps are out there?
I'll be honest I feel this is a pretty faulty logic to start with. Could many do better with lowered stress? Probably. That doesn't directly mean they could do better with lower Cortisol though. I'd caution trying to lower Cortisol in a strong fashion just to lower Cortisol and ask why you want to lower it. If it is stress related actions that help lower stress may be more beneficial (behavioral change, reaction to stress, exercise, diet, sleep, etc.). We don't want to destroy Cortisol or eliminate stress, but more develop the ability to actively use these properly (Cortisol can be beneficial in acute scenarios the long term highs of it may be the issue).

Sorry don't want to go too off topic, I just see this often with people on here wanting to lower Cortisol without thinking through why and if that will really help.

That said, and with that in mind, I think it can be beneficial in certain scenarios with different ingredients and products depending on the why and how you want/need to go about it. A lot of these will be stress related, as that tends to be a cause (or why people feel they Cortisol is high) and may not directly lower your Cortisol (if tested), but should make you feel better, recover better, and be beneficial.

On a scale of effects or how strongly they lower cortisol, from balancing to more so blocking:
Ashwagandha (particularly looking at Withanolide content and being more of a balancing ie lowering Cortisol if too high for daily levels, but even outside of Cortisol seems to decrease stress in both cognitive and physical modalities)
Tongkat Ali (typically seen in testosterone boosters but has shown decreases in both Cortisol and objective levels of stress)
Phosphatidyserine (possible acute lowering of training related Cortisol increases)
b-AET
Reduce XT (w/e this active is I don't know off the top of my head)
Emodin (inhibits conversion of cortisone to cortisol, albeit poor bioavailability)

Again don't take that list as a hard direction of strength nor that "stronger is better", but maybe it can help narrow down which type would work best for you. Also again not comprehensive, there is a ton of other stress/cortisol/anxiety/etc type ingredients that may work for some as well.

As far as products here are some I've personally enjoyed and/or see lots of people note they enjoy:

SNS Stress and Anxiety Support: Not directly formulated for Cortisol control, but the combo of Ash, Rhodiola, Bacopa, and Theanine all have stress (and some Cortisol) improvement backing, as well as cognitive and performance benefits.

Morphogen Morphocalm/Core Hard Extreme: Similar enough I lumped together. Higher dosed PS, Ash, Theanine, DIM, and a few other things different between them, they both are a little stronger for stress, Cortisol reduction, and some performance as well.

EndoAmp: Huge PS + Alpha-GPC doses. Strong nootropic, performance, and during exercise hormonal modulator.

b-AET (Invicutus or AET-50): No personal experience, but tons of great feedback and if I wanted something a bit "stronger" for Cortisol would probably be one of my top choices.

SNS Reduce XT: Seemingly been around and recommended forever, which stands to say probably pretty effective for a stronger attack as well.

I'd take it all pre. The high dosed PS studies use it prior to training for most benefit and that Alpha-GPC dose should provide a strong Nootropic benefit with potential for HGH and strength/power benefits during training.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My glucosamine has MSM in it
I don't think that would be enough. From I read the dose for that purpose should be 3g per day. But again I have no idea if MSM has a real effect as I couldn't find any article on that. All I could find was that it changes the stress response to cortisol which doesn't really mean it reduce cortisol. If anybody has any info, that would be good.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be honest I feel this is a pretty faulty logic to start with. Could many do better with lowered stress? Probably. That doesn't directly mean they could do better with lower Cortisol though. I'd caution trying to lower Cortisol in a strong fashion just to lower Cortisol and ask why you want to lower it. If it is stress related actions that help lower stress may be more beneficial (behavioral change, reaction to stress, exercise, diet, sleep, etc.). We don't want to destroy Cortisol or eliminate stress, but more develop the ability to actively use these properly (Cortisol can be beneficial in acute scenarios the long term highs of it may be the issue).

Sorry don't want to go too off topic, I just see this often with people on here wanting to lower Cortisol without thinking through why and if that will really help.

That said, and with that in mind, I think it can be beneficial in certain scenarios with different ingredients and products depending on the why and how you want/need to go about it. A lot of these will be stress related, as that tends to be a cause (or why people feel they Cortisol is high) and may not directly lower your Cortisol (if tested), but should make you feel better, recover better, and be beneficial.

On a scale of effects or how strongly they lower cortisol, from balancing to more so blocking:
Ashwagandha (particularly looking at Withanolide content and being more of a balancing ie lowering Cortisol if too high for daily levels, but even outside of Cortisol seems to decrease stress in both cognitive and physical modalities)
Tongkat Ali (typically seen in testosterone boosters but has shown decreases in both Cortisol and objective levels of stress)
Phosphatidyserine (possible acute lowering of training related Cortisol increases)
b-AET
Reduce XT (w/e this active is I don't know off the top of my head)
Emodin (inhibits conversion of cortisone to cortisol, albeit poor bioavailability)

Again don't take that list as a hard direction of strength nor that "stronger is better", but maybe it can help narrow down which type would work best for you. Also again not comprehensive, there is a ton of other stress/cortisol/anxiety/etc type ingredients that may work for some as well.

As far as products here are some I've personally enjoyed and/or see lots of people note they enjoy:

SNS Stress and Anxiety Support: Not directly formulated for Cortisol control, but the combo of Ash, Rhodiola, Bacopa, and Theanine all have stress (and some Cortisol) improvement backing, as well as cognitive and performance benefits.

Morphogen Morphocalm/Core Hard Extreme: Similar enough I lumped together. Higher dosed PS, Ash, Theanine, DIM, and a few other things different between them, they both are a little stronger for stress, Cortisol reduction, and some performance as well.

EndoAmp: Huge PS + Alpha-GPC doses. Strong nootropic, performance, and during exercise hormonal modulator.

b-AET (Invicutus or AET-50): No personal experience, but tons of great feedback and if I wanted something a bit "stronger" for Cortisol would probably be one of my top choices.

SNS Reduce XT: Seemingly been around and recommended forever, which stands to say probably pretty effective for a stronger attack as well.

I'd take it all pre. The high dosed PS studies use it prior to training for most benefit and that Alpha-GPC dose should provide a strong Nootropic benefit with potential for HGH and strength/power benefits during training.
I would say that I live a fairly stressful life (maybe not compared to others) but I’m a full time grad student, while also working full time. I workout and do cardio x6 days/week. I’ve posted on a few threads that I have incredibly bad insomnia (making it harder to recover). I see a therapist to help mitigate stress and anxiety, so in that regards I’m covered.

I’m also on a low carb diet and in a deficit trying to cut right now.

So I’m looking for something to help me recover better, help reduce fat around the abdominal area and also mitigate the cortisol from high stress.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you not see the GIANT banner right on the homepage saying 35% off site wide with code LABOR?
I didn’t see the banner the first 3 times I tried, but now it’s showing up. Thanks

Maybe I’m blind lol

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would say that I live a fairly stressful life (maybe not compared to others) but I’m a full time grad student, while also working full time. I workout and do cardio x6 days/week. I’ve posted on a few threads that I have incredibly bad insomnia (making it harder to recover). I see a therapist to help mitigate stress and anxiety, so in that regards I’m covered.

I’m also on a low carb diet and in a deficit trying to cut right now.

So I’m looking for something to help me recover better, help reduce fat around the abdominal area and also mitigate the cortisol from high stress.
perhaps some 11 KT would be better since youre cutting now at the same time as well as trying to loose stubborn stomach fat.
https://www.apex-alchemy.com/collections/frontpage/products/kronos its also on BOGO.. you could even combine the two items for total cortisol control

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank-you guys for all the recommendations thus far. Please keep them coming!

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
perhaps some 11 KT would be better since youre cutting now at the same time as well as trying to loose stubborn stomach fat.
https://www.apex-alchemy.com/collections/frontpage/products/kronos its also on BOGO.. you could even combine the two items for total cortisol control
Since they are both topical, what body parts would you recommend applying them to?

Previously I’ve done topicals on my upper chest and shoulders, but I’ve never ran 2 topicals simultaneously.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Since they are both topical, what body parts would you recommend applying them to?

Previously I’ve done topicals on my upper chest and shoulders, but I’ve never ran 2 topicals simultaneously.
you can still do the same. nothing to worry about. but as it is... you could apply the Kronos directly to your stomach as well. and to be clear... Apex topicals do not irritate the skin so you can apply early and apply often! obviously if youre feelin frisky you can get creative and apply at offset times different skin locations ect.. but why make it hard? you know why i like topicals? cause its one less pill i have to take,, its that simple.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In addition to the great recommendations above:

Vitamin C at 2-3 grams/day split into 1g doses.

Eating carbohydrates.

Controlled breathing exercises, meditation, walking outside sunlight for 5-15 minutes are very useful powerful tricks that can be added in as well.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you can still do the same. nothing to worry about. but as it is... you could apply the Kronos directly to your stomach as well. and to be clear... Apex topicals do not irritate the skin so you can apply early and apply often! obviously if youre feelin frisky you can get creative and apply at offset times different skin locations ect.. but why make it hard? you know why i like topicals? cause its one less pill i have to take,, its that simple.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I already swallow enough pills as it is haha.

Do you think I need to spread the 2 compounds out??

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In addition to the great recommendations above:

Vitamin C at 2-3 grams/day split into 1g doses.

Eating carbohydrates.

Controlled breathing exercises, meditation, walking outside sunlight for 5-15 minutes are very useful powerful tricks that can be added in as well.
Big fan of meditation (I prefer guided meditation), I do breathing exercises to help calm my body/brain before bed. Probably could use it during the day more.

I don’t always get to walking outside every day but I do use a bright light therapy light in the morning from 30-45min.

Trying to maintain a lower carb diet since I’m cutting. I take Vit C but not at that dose more like 1g, whatever is in my multivitamin and there is some in the B vitamins I take. Would it be beneficial to take more?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Big fan of meditation (I prefer guided meditation), I do breathing exercises to help calm my body/brain before bed. Probably could use it during the day more.

I don’t always get to walking outside every day but I do use a bright light therapy light in the morning from 30-45min.

Trying to maintain a lower carb diet since I’m cutting. I take Vit C but not at that dose more like 1g, whatever is in my multivitamin and there is some in the B vitamins I take. Would it be beneficial to take more?
If you want more cortisol control via vitamin C...

It’s just an affordable option someone can rotate in.

Walking outside can be a good option when you have a 10 min break at work.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want more cortisol control via vitamin C...

It’s just an affordable option someone can rotate in.

Walking outside can be a good option when you have a 10 min break at work.
Sounds good!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Invictus is a steel right now with the promo at iron-legion.com

There's a reason most companies undergoes PS - it's expensive! But, Iconic formulations is one of the only companies out there offering the clinical dose of 800mg...we also combine the benefits of a nice dose of Alpha GPC. with the labor day sale you won't find anything that compares for the price.

The long term benefits of using endoamp are amazing for a myriad of reasons. But, if you want a strong cortisol control product then Invictus is your winner.

11-keto is not an ideal product for cortisol reduction, as it does not lower cortisol, but manages it in target tissue

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer