Red Sox 2009

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
as a man and yankee fan I will show up and take the early abuse. I will say this: please put joba in the pen Girardi
Joba's best role is relief. You see he cant handle the pressure of starting. All those walks.

protempsfish

Awards
It looks like Roy Halladay and the Toronto Blue Jays are going to the World Series. It has only been since 1992.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
I love the fact the yanks spent a boat load of money in the offseason and look terrible. The red sox spend a third of that and are a better team

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those that may have missed it:

The look on pettite's face at the end of the clip.....PRICELESS!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joba's best role is relief. You see he cant handle the pressure of starting. All those walks.
agree, best option is in the pen. He has a very bright future as a closer, and will be a marginal starter

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There is just something EXTRA glorious when the Sox RUN OVER the Yankess as opposed to beating other teams.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is just something EXTRA glorious when the Sox RUN OVER the Yankess as opposed to beating other teams.
There is truly nothing better than steam rolling the yank me's! It's made my whole week. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make that.......11 straight thanks to Jason Bay's 3-run bomb. How freakin' good has wakefield been so far this year?!?!

It looks like sabbathia and the skanks dropped another one...:D

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Make that.......11 straight thanks to Jason Bay's 3-run bomb. How freakin' good has wakefield been so far this year?!?!

It looks like sabbathia and the skanks dropped another one...:D
Wakefield has been money....ive been streaming him all year in a fantasy league im in.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
lol surprisingly for some reason wakefield has been doing amazing lol and KERRY WOOD HAS SUCKED! lol hey did anyone else notice that uh the yankees were uh SWEPT! LOL GO SOX!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Does it get any better at this point? It was a fantastic series; as it always is every year. The yankees glaring weakness in their middle relief couldn't have been more evinced. Have you guys seen some of their ERA's? LOL! The sox took advantage, and swept the skirts in style.

Not to mention making it even more special in it being the sox 10th win in a row. Look at it this way NY - at least you got it handed to you by the hottest team in baseball.....THE BOSTON RED SOX!! :usa1: :wave2:

Not a fond Yankees memory to say the least, but definitely some pluses to come out of it. Just wait until the home opener when we have Arod, Bruney, maybe even Nady, and CC Sabathia in the zone.

Until then, the Sox's are by far the hottest team in baseball.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I place bets based on Jordan's Furniture marketing.

Anyone from new england will know what i'm talking about

I don't even watch the games, I just look for the commercials.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I guess you didnt see my post was right above yours
I don't consider that whining. I was expecting more Yankee fans to continually live in the past and bring up some nonsense that doesn't hold any weight in real world time.

Oh well.

Yankee anguish sustains me.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't consider that whining. I was expecting more Yankee fans to continually live in the past and bring up some nonsense that doesn't hold any weight in real world time.

Oh well.

Yankee anguish sustains me.
by that argument we should both be whining, as neither of our clubs are the defending champs.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Sure, I guess 2 days ago is considered the past. Touche

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I place bets based on Jordan's Furniture marketing.

Anyone from new england will know what i'm talking about

I don't even watch the games, I just look for the commercials.
All I got to say is M.O.M........you know what I'M talking about.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, I guess 2 days ago is considered the past. Touche
Wait, you guys won a title 2 days ago? Wow, some interesting Red Sox history right there.

Also, glad to see Hughes with a nice start last night, and hopefully the Yankee management opens their eyes and allows Joba to be transitioned to the pen

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, a Sox thread. Will have to follow this one.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Being from Nebraska, Joba is my boy! I do agree however that he needs to be moved back to the pen. It's the smartest move because he's already proven he is lights out in relief and that's exactly what the bullpen needs.

Cashman also needs to figure out that you can't keep holding on to players that are in the twilight of they're career as he is notorious for doing (Abreu, Sheffield, Damon). This screws us because we're stuck with old players and we literally sold the farm to get them.

To getbigbyjune: You're a rambling idiot with no structured arguments. Find a razor blade and do the right thing.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being from Nebraska, Joba is my boy! I do agree however that he needs to be moved back to the pen. It's the smartest move because he's already proven he is lights out in relief and that's exactly what the bullpen needs.

Cashman also needs to figure out that you can't keep holding on to players that are in the twilight of they're career as he is notorious for doing (Abreu, Sheffield, Damon). This screws us because we're stuck with old players and we literally sold the farm to get them.

To getbigbyjune: You're a rambling idiot with no structured arguments. Find a razor blade and do the right thing.
Friendly smack talk is one thing, but if you're going to bring this childish bullsh*t to my thread go find another one...

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sheff put up some good numbers and Abreu was consistent. Damon was never really that good.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
read my first post. theirs enough information to make u take that razor and do the right thing.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
nice job trauma 1. here you go for structured arguments. oh and did i mention that u lost to the tribe AT HOME! why don't u take that razor and finish the job you rediculous frontrunner bandwagon fan.GO SOX!
hahahahaahhahahaha omg omg omg omg omg rofl rofl rofl that guy that said wang cc and somebody else would beat lester lol omg omg omg rofl rofl rofl WHEN YOU LOSE 22-4 AT HOME WHEN YOU JUST SPENT 135 MILLION DOLLARS ON PLAYERS TO THE ****ING INDIANS YOU CAN'T TALK **** AT ALL! HAHAHAAHAHA WANGS ERA HAHAHAHAH 35 HAHAHAHAAHHA GO HOME YOU WON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO WINNING THIS YEAR. yah and the tide is changing *******. lol keep paying for those big names. CC GETS LIT UP AGAINST WHO? OH THATS RIGHT........THE DAMN O'S HAHAHAHAHA and texieras average=206 ahahahahahha. lol hold on one sec, all of yankees pitching averaged together =6.84 and that includes closers. bostons overall era=5.11 and you know what the funniest **** is, when cc era=3.57 is higher than tim wakefields 3.00 hahahah you know your team sucks ahaahahahaahahha oh and did i mention you lost 22-4............TO THE TRIBE! AHAHA AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Bandwagon?

I have no problem with Red Sox fans, and if you noticed in my posts I never attacked the team. They are a very good baseball team and Epstein did a heck of a job assembling them and if they go all the way I wouldn't be surprised. It's a great rivalry and that's what makes it so much fun. But it's people like you that went out and bought a new Boston hat, threw it under the lawn mower and washed it a few times to make it look old and claim you've been a Sox fan your entire life when they won the 2004 Series.

Yes, every team has people that make their entire team look bad when all they do is throw around stats and talk smack with no idea of what they are talking about.

Trauma, I do agree with you that was a little out of line. Sorry bro.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Sheff put up some good numbers and Abreu was consistent. Damon was never really that good.
Sheff was alright but didn't have production anywhere near what he was paid for. Abreu produced as well but was never the same hitter after the All-Star break that he was in the HR derby for some reason.

Cashman got a woody over Damon when he saw the tear that Damon went on against us in the ALCS.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Wait, you guys won a title 2 days ago? Wow, some interesting Red Sox history right there.

Also, glad to see Hughes with a nice start last night, and hopefully the Yankee management opens their eyes and allows Joba to be transitioned to the pen
We are not seeing eye to eye here. Apparently we are talking about two separate topics.

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
let me give u some info there hot shot. My father and his father and his FATHER have been redsox fans ever since my great grandmother divorced my great grandfather because she wanted to move to new york and my great grandfather liked boston and hated new york. TO THIS DAY everyone in my family has liked the red sox and ever since I was three, i have loved the red sox. And why in the hell would anyone throw a damn hat into a lawn mower? thats retarded. I am originaly from PLYMOUTH mass and everyone in my family loves and has loved the red sox ever since I can remeber.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bandwagon?

I have no problem with Red Sox fans, and if you noticed in my posts I never attacked the team. They are a very good baseball team and Epstein did a heck of a job assembling them and if they go all the way I wouldn't be surprised. It's a great rivalry and that's what makes it so much fun. But it's people like you that went out and bought a new Boston hat, threw it under the lawn mower and washed it a few times to make it look old and claim you've been a Sox fan your entire life when they won the 2004 Series.

Yes, every team has people that make their entire team look bad when all they do is throw around stats and talk smack with no idea of what they are talking about.

Trauma, I do agree with you that was a little out of line. Sorry bro.
No problem. No harm, no foul. :)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sheff was alright but didn't have production anywhere near what he was paid for. Abreu produced as well but was never the same hitter after the All-Star break that he was in the HR derby for some reason.

Cashman got a woody over Damon when he saw the tear that Damon went on against us in the ALCS.
The yanks picked up Abreu too late. HE was a BEAST in Philly. Yanks have a habit for overpaying on everything.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm man enough to admit we got our azz beat last night. Garza looked fantastic, so i can't take anything away there. The sox seriously looked lethargic at best. I think some of the long series games are catching up with them; especially in terms of pitching.

Let's hope masterson can get up back on track tonight. Overall though winning 12 out of the last 14 is pretty damn impressive.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Garza was doing good. Was hoping they would get to him in the later innings. Guy im facing this week has garza.:lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Garza was doing good. Was hoping they would get to him in the later innings. Guy im facing this week has garza.:lol:
You could see the fatigue in beckett from the very start. His stuff had no bite at all. Beckett makes himself evident early on in games based on his curveball and overall ability to command location. His curve ball was flat, and he left too many pitches up high in the zone. All classic signs of fatigue.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
He's been off the last 2 starts. Looking like he is pressing. Arm angle and weight distro is off.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's been off the last 2 starts. Looking like he is pressing. Arm angle and weight distro is off.
His delivery hasn't been consistent at all. He had flashes of his typical great stuff last night, but you could see it quickly fade. I tend to think this is probably a combination of factors contributing. I just hope he's not playing here and in pain again...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still too early for any team to get panicked, I am just glad that Phil Hughes looked good and hope that will push Joba back once Wang (who better remember how to pitch) returns

getbigbyjune

getbigbyjune

Awards
yah garza played amazing. just glad i didn't grab beckett for fantasy baseball. he hasn't be doing that well.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fckin' rays. Boston looked pretty damn battered in that series. Hopefully we'll just take it all out on new york tonight. :D

I'm becoming worried in ways about ortiz. He looks lost at the plate, and his power has taken a noteable decline. He's not getting the bat around on the inside fastball again (a problem he had in minnesota prior to signing with boston.) It used to be ortiz they feared; he's almost looked at as an out now. I have a feeling things are going on that aren't being openly disclosed right now with him. I know it's early in the season, but he's over 100 AB now without a HR. Completely uncharachteristic, and concerning.

Either way, we need a big bat in there, and soon. It's the one dynamic this line-up is missing. There are some great hitters in the line-up, but the power aspect is still lacking in ways. If big papi isn't getting it done in the coming months, the sox better look to add someone to the roster if they seriously want to contend at the end of the season.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
That is true. Ortiz looks horrid thus far. They Rays have a solid club, Longoria is a stud. I knew who was on the market this year, but can't think for the life of me right now.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is true. Ortiz looks horrid thus far. They Rays have a solid club, Longoria is a stud. I knew who was on the market this year, but can't think for the life of me right now.
Longoria is going to be one hell of a ball player; to that i certainly agree.

As far as ortiz goes, it should be very concerning at this point to not only the team, but management as well. This doesn't look like a slump either; this looks like major issues at hand. Whether they're physical, mental, or a combination of both.

Bay was a great pick-up. Let's hope they can pull off something similar if the opportunity presents itself.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Not here to bash on the Sox, as I actually like most of your players, but having attended two of the 4 games (Thurs and Sun) - it looked like TB finally woke up from their off season slumber.

As much as you all love Varitek, he simply can't throw out baserunners. I know he's the Captain, and he's a helluva guy, but I hope you've got someone in the wings.

Now - go pound the Yanks, and lets hope TB and Boston meet in the ALCS again.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and Adam Dunn would've been a great addition to the Sox, and will probably be available from the Nationals at the break. He'll never hit much better than .260, but he'd have a field day at Fenway, and could spell Ortiz at 1B and DH.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's nice to see the sox put up the first run and home run of the rivalry in the new stadium, haha! :borladuck:

Jon Lester is just simply filthy when he's on his game. This kid is going to have one hell of a career. He has 5 different pitches in his arsenal, and one of the nastiest cut fastballs (if not the best) in the game.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Stayed up till the end of the 8th last night, then went to bed figuring the W was in the bag with Paps warming. It is damn nice to have a dominant closer.

protempsfish

Awards
Well the AL East is shaping up to be quite the spectacle. I am a Jays fan and so far they have been tearing up the league and this is WITHOUT 3 out of the 5 starting pitchers. Bullpen tops in the AL last year and they are playing great ball. It will be interesting when they actually get some of the regular starters back. Go Toronto.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the yank-me's get......

SWEPT AGAIN. AHAHAHA!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

There is nothing like breaking in a new stadium and getting swept by the sox....eh, ny?!?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
And the yank-me's get......

SWEPT AGAIN. AHAHAHA!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

There is nothing like breaking in a new stadium and getting swept by the sox....eh, ny?!?
As long as we don't start getting swept in 4 games by the Rays any time soon I think we'll be just fine :D.

Honestly Johnny hit the nail on the head, well in a way. In a Yankees Red Soxs series right now, the Red Soxs are the better team no doubt. To me its a mental block with the pressures of performing with the payroll (which although applies when we play every team, is ten fold more felt in a Yankee Soxs series), extreme lack luster Yankee clutchness (Yankees of old capitilize with runners in scoring position ~ Robbie's been amazing, but got to come up big), and some untimely errors (Jete??!?!?).

The only thing that has me worried is the possibility that the Red Sox's will have this grasp over the Yankees all year (even if we finish ahead of you in the standings).

With the Rays pitching coming into form, and those bats looking nice (Longo is a monster), this season is going to be 100+ winner, borderline 100, and a 90 game winner, aka these intradivisional series are quickly becoming dire even in early May.

**Protem, I'm sorry man, but as soon as the blue jays loose vernon (which would suck for 2 of my fantasy teams), run support will go down (also because I don't think Rios will step up and lind will come back down to earth), and more significantly trade Roy (mark my words they will), they'll fall back into that Realized Niche

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as we don't start getting swept in 4 games by the Rays any time soon I think we'll be just fine :D.

Honestly Johnny hit the nail on the head, well in a way. In a Yankees Red Soxs series right now, the Red Soxs are the better team no doubt. To me its a mental block with the pressures of performing with the payroll (which although applies when we play every team, is ten fold more felt in a Yankee Soxs series), extreme lack luster Yankee clutchness (Yankees of old capitilize with runners in scoring position ~ Robbie's been amazing, but got to come up big), and some untimely errors (Jete??!?!?).

The only thing that has me worried is the possibility that the Red Sox's will have this grasp over the Yankees all year (even if we finish ahead of you in the standings).

With the Rays pitching coming into form, and those bats looking nice (Longo is a monster), this season is going to be 100+ winner, borderline 100, and a 90 game winner, aka these intradivisional series are quickly becoming dire even in early May.

**Protem, I'm sorry man, but as soon as the blue jays loose vernon (which would suck for 2 of my fantasy teams), run support will go down (also because I don't think Rios will step up and lind will come back down to earth), and more significantly trade Roy (mark my words they will), they'll fall back into that Realized Niche
The red sox were not swept by the rays; but the yankees have been courtesy of the sox.....twice! ;)

If you guys don't fix your middle relief soon, kiss your season goodbye. Seriously, they are awful; worst in the majors. They walked the bases loaded last night...then walked in a run. Granted dice-k drives me nuts with all the walks he gives up, but he always gets out of it somehow.

The sox have some issues as well, but not nearly as glaring as the yankees do. I'll take these bragging rights until our next series; where you'll be swept yet again! :006:

I'll give you that chamberlain looks good, but i don't see that guy as a starter. He reminds me of a young clemens in some ways.

As for the rays, i'll say this. They have a pretty good young baseball team, and longoria is going to have one hell of a career. However, the rays fans' down here are the ultimate bandwagon morons (most of them, not all.) When they're winning, you see the shirts out and talking it up like 1 playoff makes them the beasts of the east; they're a far cry from it. When they're losing, you can't find someone wearing a shirt or talking smack to save your life. During this whole first month, i didn't see any rays crap until they won a few games....then here come the bandwagon dipsh*ts out of the woodwork again. Now there are bandwagon fans on EVERY team, but the rays seem to take the cake. I'll at least hand it to the sox and yankee fans; even when they're not playing well, the support and fan-base is just as strong as ever.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a side note: how about Jason Bay?; the new yankee killer!! :usa1: