Red Sox 2008

Will the Red Sox take the AL east in 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dice-k was a beast tonight, and the sox win again. :D

Big papi will be back soon in time to whoop the skanks in boston! I love it! :D

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Get you Tylenol and crying towels ready, here we come.

:bruce3:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
going to be a fun series, Joba v. Beckett

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What took you so long.:lol:

Last night was my going away bash with my friends at work. So, it's been a rough morning haha.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
One down.......................... That was some duel between Joba and Beckett. Also is Mariano The Man or what!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I missed the whole damn game because today was my last day at work........dohhhh!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yankees win 7 straight. Sounds like we could be up to some of those post All-Star break dynastic run aways...

Petite and Wakefield tomorrow.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
2 down........................ No duel today, Buttwhoop:lol: Our primary goal has been achieved (win at least 2 of 3).

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yankees win 7 straight. Sounds like we could be up to some of those post All-Star break dynastic run aways...

Petite and Wakefield tomorrow.
was it Joe Buck who said "there is a huge shift in power". That lead is dwindling and this sweep is going to be sweet.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
was it Joe Buck who said "there is a huge shift in power". That lead is dwindling and this sweep is going to be sweet.
The season is FAR from over my friend. We lost today, but tomorrow is another game. ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just a little observant of statistical trends that tend to repeat themselves from time to time. There are many days left to produce more sample data to dispute any trend that I may perceive to be on its way. The fat lady is still on her vacation. There is time in either case. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW - Our bullpen S*CKS right now.......that is all. :frustrate

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gotta love the yanks, now with Marte in the pen.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lester is mow'in them down once again.......:D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Joe Buck needs to lay off the ganja brian. ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jon Lester continues to impress me more with every start he makes. He will oneday soon be the sox ace, as well as one of the best lefties in the game. It's not often you see a starter command his 5 pitches with such precision.

Beckett....... once he gets out of this funk, is still one of the best in baseball.

In Lester's last 2 games against the yanks, he's effectively smoked them......:D

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Quite alright, We did what we needed to this weekend. The timely hitting we needed wasn't there tonight and I credit Lester with pitching a great game.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quite alright, We did what we needed to this weekend. The timely hitting we needed wasn't there tonight and I credit Lester with pitching a great game.

You mean.....still looking UP at boston. ;)

It was as always an entertaining series.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey, if the yanks take 2 out of 3 I am happy. I would have loved the sweep, but 2 of 3 is excellent and we have made a boat load of headway since the break

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Boston should continue to piss Manny off, he's beating the crap out of the ball. I personally hope he goes back to being fat and happy:lol:.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boston should continue to piss Manny off, he's beating the crap out of the ball. I personally hope he goes back to being fat and happy:lol:.

Fat, god i know you're kidding now.

Arod is equally a horrible distraction to the yankees. However, the difference is at least manny produces in the post season. :lol:

Oh....the yankee killer he is over his career.....and i LOVE every aspect of it! ;)

Posada is looking rather plump himself though, it probably was time to have the surgery.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Fat, god i know you're kidding now.

Arod is equally a horrible distraction to the yankees. However, the difference is at least manny produces in the post season. :lol:

Oh....the yankee killer he is over his career.....and i LOVE every aspect of it! ;)

Posada is looking rather plump himself though, it probably was time to have the surgery.
I meant that figuratively, btw, for all of the Yankee killing he's done:rolleyes: they've only gotten through twice in how many years, him and big Sloppy. As far as A Rod goes, he has never taken himself out of a game and he doesn't "dog it" when he's not happy or pmsing.:sad: Anyway enjoy those Angels:lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I meant that figuratively, btw, for all of the Yankee killing he's done:rolleyes: they've only gotten through twice in how many years, him and big Sloppy. As far as A Rod goes, he has never taken himself out of a game and he doesn't "dog it" when he's not happy or pmsing.:sad: Anyway enjoy those Angels:lol:

You're right, Gayrod doesn't have to. He just doesn't produce in the post season period. That's a fact. ;)

Check out manny's numbers against the yankees over his career (Boston and Cleveland). He's among the leaders (Active and Past) in almost EVERY statistical category against them. So in effect, he is most definitely a yankee killer... world series or not.

Come'on now....making fun of ortiz. The guy is one of the games best hitters without question (Clutch and Overall.) He can look anyway he wants as long as he's putting it over the fence. Remember the 2004 ALCS.....he did that a lot against those "Mighty" yankees. :rolleyes: But wait, the yankees did set a record that year too. Biggest CHOKE in the history of baseball. :lol:

BTW - I do enjoy are smack talking sessions. No harm is indended as you know, but i certainly like to talk it up. :D
I wish more people on this board would contribute to this rivalry talk. It seems only 3 or 4 of us even participate. What's up with that? Oh yeah, and enjoy those last place orioles as well. :lol:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
You're right, Gayrod doesn't have to. He just doesn't produce in the post season period. That's a fact. ;)

Check out manny's numbers against the yankees over his career (Boston and Cleveland). He's among the leaders (Active and Past) in almost EVERY statistical category against them. So in effect, he is most definitely a yankee killer... world series or not.

Come'on now....making fun of ortiz. The guy is one of the games best hitters without question (Clutch and Overall.) He can look anyway he wants as long as he's putting it over the fence. Remember the 2004 ALCS.....he did that a lot against those "Mighty" yankees. :rolleyes: But wait, the yankees did set a record that year too. Biggest CHOKE in the history of baseball. :lol:

BTW - I do enjoy are smack talking sessions. No harm is indended as you know, but i certainly like to talk it up. :D
I wish more people on this board would contribute to this rivalry talk. It seems only 3 or 4 of us even participate. What's up with that? Oh yeah, and enjoy those last place orioles as well. :lol:
I just started getting in on this...lol. I have yet to really lay down the smack talk....you'll see plenty of it in fantasy football though John. Just to give you a preview...

[youtube]mKT3-FdOLYM[/youtube]

Now to get back on topic....the Yankees do indeed suck monkey balls...lmao. :toofunny:

[youtube]TYJJ-4C1xw8[/youtube]

Cheers!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started getting in on this...lol. I have yet to really lay down the smack talk....you'll see plenty of it in fantasy football though John. Just to give you a preview...

[youtube]mKT3-FdOLYM[/youtube]

Now to get back on topic....the Yankees do indeed suck monkey balls...lmao. :toofunny:

[youtube]TYJJ-4C1xw8[/youtube]

Lol - You're the man sean!

Oh, and fantasy football.......bring it on! :D I look forward to the trash talking this season haha.

The blizkrieg shall fall upon all those who challenge me! :cheers:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I'll admit to the biggest choke however I can also boast about accomplishing the best and most and this in my lifetime. I'm just bustin with Ortiz though, I actually like him. And yes btw, your bullpen does suck right now. Your right about one thing, where the heck is everybody.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I'll admit to the biggest choke however I can also boast about accomplishing the best and most and this in my lifetime. I'm just bustin with Ortiz though, I actually like him. And yes btw, your bullpen does suck right now. Your right about one thing, where the heck is everybody.

It's almost unbelievable that more people don't contribute to the trash talk. Maybe we scare them. :lol:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I was agreeing with you. Looks like we both gave the Rays a gift tonight.:frustrate

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Manny gone or Theo gone. It will be one way or the other.

In other news, Twins will be in the WS this year!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

riiiiggghhhttt.......:rolleyes:

My money is on the white sox anyway to take the central.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
riiiiggghhhttt.......:rolleyes:

My money is on the white sox anyway to take the central.

The white sox who are about to be SWEPT by the twins?
AH BOOYAH!

I'll bet you on the manny theo thing. Say some DCP/HAVOC against a supplement of your choice?

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Hey Trauma:

Where are you..........................

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established

Twins will be lucky if they even get in the playoffs. Angels and Red Sox will most likely be duking it out to see who goes to WS. White Sox will win the central and the wild card will be either the Yankmees, or Rays (I'd like to see it be the Rays).

Two other points of interest...I got all excited when I saw that my fav player Griffey got traded to the windy city, but then realized it was the Sox and not the Cubs...F*ck that. Eh regardless I am happy to see Griffey out of Cincinnati.

Now the big blockbuster...Manny to LA and the Red Sox get Jason Bay and the Pirates get some young guys with potential (Andy Laroche in particular, Adam Laroche's younger brother...Andy at 3rd and Adam at 1st...I think would be kinda cool)...quite a stunning deal there. Honestly, I think Boston certainly got the better end of the deal. Jason Bay still has potential to be a 285 to 300-40-120-20 type of player, and possibly a candidate for the 30-30 club.

Manny is still a hell of a hitter, but defensively Boston certainly upgraded. LA finally gets the big bat they needed in Manny. Look out for the Dodgers down the stretch now.

I'm calling my playoff picks now...

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: White Sox
AL West: Angels
AL Wildcard: Rays

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wildcard: Brewers

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so happy to see manny gone, that will certainly not help the sox. yes better d, but a gaping hole in the lineup.

and the yanks just got better

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tremendous respect for Manny as a player and am relieved to never have to have Yankee pitching face him again this season...during the regular season ;)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Manny being Manny is getting old. I don't care how good you think you are, baseball's rule of thumb is to ALWAYS run things out to the fullest. It doesn't matter what month it is; every game means something.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Twins will be lucky if they even get in the playoffs. Angels and Red Sox will most likely be duking it out to see who goes to WS. White Sox will win the central and the wild card will be either the Yankmees, or Rays (I'd like to see it be the Rays).

Two other points of interest...I got all excited when I saw that my fav player Griffey got traded to the windy city, but then realized it was the Sox and not the Cubs...F*ck that. Eh regardless I am happy to see Griffey out of Cincinnati.

Now the big blockbuster...Manny to LA and the Red Sox get Jason Bay and the Pirates get some young guys with potential (Andy Laroche in particular, Adam Laroche's younger brother...Andy at 3rd and Adam at 1st...I think would be kinda cool)...quite a stunning deal there. Honestly, I think Boston certainly got the better end of the deal. Jason Bay still has potential to be a 285 to 300-40-120-20 type of player, and possibly a candidate for the 30-30 club.

Manny is still a hell of a hitter, but defensively Boston certainly upgraded. LA finally gets the big bat they needed in Manny. Look out for the Dodgers down the stretch now.

I'm calling my playoff picks now...

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: White Sox
AL West: Angels
AL Wildcard: Rays

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Dodgers
NL Wildcard: Brewers

ha. White Sox are getting a work out from the twins. They don't have a pitcher the twins can't light up. Whitesox also have a more difficult schedule remaining.

As for the red sox, Jason bay is about equal to manny offensively aside from OBP. I think they'll take the defense in exchange. They are better off with out him.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
ha. White Sox are getting a work out from the twins. They don't have a pitcher the twins can't light up. Whitesox also have a more difficult schedule remaining.

As for the red sox, Jason bay is about equal to manny offensively aside from OBP. I think they'll take the defense in exchange. They are better off with out him.
I was still shocked to see him traded though. I was following the media a small bit to see where they were at with the deadline, and I had honestly thought that it was just the media hyping up another possible trade, when the actual Red Sox were not planning on making the move. Ahhh, I love suprises.

You're right though - Bay's numbers are almost identical to Ramirez's. Personally, I have a pet peeve against people who don't put out... amazing player, but I really got unnerved at his lack of willpower at times. As a Red Sox fan, it's bittersweet for me. Like to see the home team do well of course, but it was coming at the cost of character.

Man, I'm ready for this season to be over to be honest. Ready for a real sport (lol). All I can say is... ARE YOU READY FOR SUM FOOTBALLLLLLL ITS A MONDAY NIGHT... PARTAYYYYY

IainDaniel

Awards
so happy to see manny gone, that will certainly not help the sox. yes better d, but a gaping hole in the lineup.

and the yanks just got better
How is that a tremendous hole. Jason Bay is hardly a lump on a log. Check his numbers, and that is playing in Pittsburgh. Plus he is less of a liability in the field.

Although I don't understand the trade. Seems like a foolish one for the sox.

They trade manny, cash, and two kids for Jason Bay?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
How is that a tremendous hole. Jason Bay is hardly a lump on a log. Check his numbers, and that is playing in Pittsburgh. Plus he is less of a liability in the field.

What the... there's more prospects out from the Red Sox for this trade? I guess I better get in tune with what's going on... I somehow did not catch that on the initial reports.... !?!?!?!

I guess they really did want him gone, wow.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget Manny will be a free agent over the winter, too.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

you are right he is not a hole per se, but in comparison he is no where near the threat that manny is. As a yanbkee fan, I am thrilled manny is gone

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
you are right he is not a hole per se, but in comparison he is no where near the threat that manny is. As a yanbkee fan, I am thrilled manny is gone
Everything aside from their OBP are damn near identical......