Red Sox 2008

Will the Red Sox take the AL east in 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beckett wins, yanks lose.

All is good! :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Beckett wins, yanks lose.

All is good! :D
Josh Beckett is tha shiznit indeed. BTW...I'm still sticking to my fantasy ideal World Series bud....Red Sox Vs. Cubs FTW!!!! LOL. :D

Cheers Brutha Man!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Josh Beckett is tha shiznit indeed. BTW...I'm still sticking to my fantasy ideal World Series bud....Red Sox Vs. Cubs FTW!!!! LOL. :D

I'll take that venue!

Watching the yankees struggle.......priceless! :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pap comes right back tonight and gets the save against the twins. The AL east will be ours again this year. Mark my word. ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is not a doubt in my mind that the sox will win the AL east pennant. Lets see how the rays play after the all-star break....i'm predicting they'll break themselves and be down with the yankees hahaha. :)

I don't take anything away from any team in the AL east, but i'm sorry, the Red Sox have the best team. Whether they are in first now or not, they will be.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The sox have a nice comeback win over the twins tonight. Manny hits a homerun. The rays lose again. Woot, Woot!!! :clap2:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trauma, can I get a moment of silence? They began demolishing old Tiger's Stadium this week, brought a tear to my eye :sad:
That is sad indeed.

Silence observed. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man the sox freakin' PUMMELED the twins today 18-5. 23 total hits. The rays lose again. Now we're only 2 back. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The yanks lose to the pirates, and the rays get POUNDED by the indians! I love it.

The sox are now only 1.5 gms back. We now open a series in fenway against a team we absolutely have owned in the last 4years(The Orioles). GAME ON! :bruce2:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And.......the sox end the first half of the season in first place once again! :D

We get big papi back on july. 25th for the series with the yankees. All is looking pretty good in red sox nation! WOOT, WOOT! :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I watched Fever Pitch last night, good sox story.
You aren't kidding. It was the clincher in converting my wife haha!! Was a skankee fan(because of her family being from queens initially), However now she dons red sox gear all over town! :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah Drew!!​

2008 ALL-STAR MVP!!!​

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sure my boy drew will be ALL OVER the daily news in new york tomorrow ahaha!

"Red Sox Player sends off yankee stadium with a bang".......

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
Nada. Wish I saw the game, and the HR durby! How's the move?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nada. Wish I saw the game, and the HR durby! How's the move?
Almost done man. The big move is on either the 30th or 31st this month. I already have a great job lined up back in tampa that will pay out nicely. It's a good thing because i'm freakin' broke! :)

Then i can start concerntrating more on RPN related stuff, as well as getting my swole on! :D

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
Very cool. We'll be down that way shortly, i'll tell you later.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found this by accident (well, sort of), and i just had to post it haha! ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOIJHh3mKcQ"]YouTube - Boston Red Sox- "Greatest Day"- Yankees Choke[/ame]

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I LMFAO....hahahahahah. :toofunny:

I had to watch it again ahahahaha!!

I love the universal choke pics lol!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I had to watch it again ahahahaha!!

I love the universal choke pics lol!
That was what got me going the most...the T-Shirt with the Yankmee logo and the choke....lmao. :toofunny:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Admittedly, that was a gigantic choke however, it was one time in 90 something years. Shall we count the Red Sox Chokes, You have to take your shoes off to count them

:bruce3:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Admittedly, that was a gigantic choke however, it was one time in 90 something years. Shall we count the Red Sox Chokes, You have to take your shoes off to count them

You took the bait haha. ;)

I can admit the sox had their times of hardship, however they DON'T own the greatest choke in the HISTORY of the game! :)

That would be the new york yankmees!

This is all in good fun though. I do hate the yankees with a passion, but i do like the smack talk with the rivalry. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This song is pretty funny.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=nO1cotbCIRk&feature=related"]YouTube - red sox rule!!! yankees suck[/ame]

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=_qbxqxygjIo&feature=related"]YouTube - Chokeback Mountain[/ame]

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Minnesota Twins: Domination with a small market budget.
Dominating what? 2nd place? :thumbsup: LOL!

Oh it's a joke, don't go all postal now....:)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How far back are the sox? On yeah! Farther back than the Twinks are!
Umm....try again there bud. The sox have a better record than the twinks.

They are "twinks", that's for sure. :thumbsup: :lol:

A series sweep ending with an 18-5 slaughter.....sound familiar. :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established

I can admit the sox had their times of hardship, however they DON'T own the greatest choke in the HISTORY of the game! :)

This is all in good fun though. I do hate the yankees with a passion, but i do like the smack talk with the rivalry. :D
Um actually bud...just to add on for ya...the Yankmees officially own the title of the BIGGEST CHOKE in sports history, not just baseball...lol. :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Um actually bud...just to add on for ya...the Yankmees officially own the title of the BIGGEST CHOKE in sports history, not just baseball...lol. :D

Absolutely......biggest choke in SPORTS overall. :)

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Umm....try again there bud. The sox have a better record than the twinks.

They are "twinks", that's for sure. :thumbsup: :lol:

A series sweep ending with an 18-5 slaughter.....sound familiar. :)
Blah blah blah

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

Actually, that is incorrect, other teams have lost a 3-1 lead in the Championship series. Because it was the Yankees\Red Sox, it was magnified. I can't hate the Red Sox though, they haven't won enough for that :lol:.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, that is incorrect, other teams have lost a 3-1 lead in the Championship series. Because it was the Yankees\Red Sox, it was magnified. I can't hate the Red Sox though, they haven't won enough for that :lol:.

But....it was 3-0, not 3-1. :) Nobody has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit in the ALCS OR NLCS.

I hear you though, the hate is mutual. We've certainly won enough to have you boys fear our presence. :D

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
But....it was 3-0, not 3-1. :) Nobody has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit in the ALCS OR NLCS.

I hear you though, the hate is mutual. We've certainly won enough to have you boys fear our presence. :D
Touche:duel: The second half of the season should be a barn burner. I have a feeling in the end You guys will be adding to Bucky F in Dent and Arron F in Boone:lol:. Yankee fans have nothing but nice names for Red Sox players.:rolleyes:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Touche:duel: The second half of the season should be a barn burner. I have a feeling in the end You guys will be adding to Bucky F in Dent and Arron F in Boone:lol:. Yankee fans have nothing but nice names for Red Sox players.:rolleyes:

You think we don't have our trademark names for the resident skanks either?

You boys will continue to look up at us all year........this is a decade of change. The dinosaurs are effectively becoming extinct lol! ;)

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Actually, your prediction may be proved wrong within the next week since your boys don't play so well on the road. The so called dinosaur still has big teeth.

You know what's funny? we argue about who's best or who is going to do what. Except for when they are on the field for a couple of hours, the players probably discuss who has a better agent,their portfolios and where they may be vacationing this winter.:lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know what's funny? we argue about who's best or who is going to do what. Except for when they are on the field for a couple of hours, the players probably discuss who has a better agent,their portfolios and where they may be vacationing this winter.:lol:

So true! :lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T1, what do you think is going to happen with Manny after this year? He hasn't really come out of this funk and he's getting older and his numbers are declining. Do you think maybe he just misses Big Papi?
I really don't know what they'll do. I would ASSUME that they'll try to land him to a possible short term contract(3 years max), however they also may be in the market to trade/pay out for another big bat. I know Matt Holliday's name has come up a few times.

My personal stance.....i love manny to death, and want to have him stay in boston. Wheter or not that will happen, only time will tell.