Recommendations for best damage control supplement?

Steve_W

Awards
What do you guys think?

I've seen a few nutrient partioners mentioned, but I see recommendations of these best used with a high carb meal as opposed to high carb high fat. I have an end of season trip coming up for a week at the end of September, while I'm not overly stressed about it, there's going to be alot of bad eating/drinking so wondering if there are any recommendations to help minimise the damage?

Thanks!

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you guys think?

I've seen a few nutrient partioners mentioned, but I see recommendations of these best used with a high carb meal as opposed to high carb high fat. I have an end of season trip coming up for a week at the end of September, while I'm not overly stressed about it, there's going to be alot of bad eating/drinking so wondering if there are any recommendations to help minimise the damage?

Thanks!
Prototype Nutrition's Ur Spay, hands down!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
End of September? I would hold off and pick up my new Slintensity. I would also recommend DCP for Damage Control

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
End of September? I would hold off and pick up my new Slintensity. I would also recommend DCP for Damage Control
So your saying Slintensity is close?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In production right now. Shooting for the 16th to arrive at Nutra.
You sexy beast you know all the right words to say. I'm for surely interested in this from all the positive things I have heard already.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You sexy beast you know all the right words to say. I'm for surely interested in this from all the positive things I have heard already.
I stake my reputation on this product...it is a whole new level of awesome.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I stake my reputation on this product...it is a whole new level of awesome.
Well now. That just means I have to get it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
For fat: raspberry ketones, high-dosed GSE (orlistat-like effect)
For carbs: Phaseolus vulgaris, gymnema sylvestre, berberine, green coffee bean extract

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Early feedback is showing Slintensity might be the strongest GDA for damage control.

Steve_W

Awards
Out of curiosity, has anyone experimented with a damage control supplement for alcohol consumption? I know this is a tricky one as alcohol creates an unfavourable environment for anabolism/fat loss for a certain time post consumption - but wondering if you guys have used anything to help mitigate the effects?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Out of curiosity, has anyone experimented with a damage control supplement for alcohol consumption? I know this is a tricky one as alcohol creates an unfavourable environment for anabolism/fat loss for a certain time post consumption - but wondering if you guys have used anything to help mitigate the effects?
ALCAR will mitigate neurological effects. A basic product like CEL Cycle Assist will boost liver function, thus mitigating negative effects in that regard. You should probably have a look at this though: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Long story short, avoid fats during the day of drinking and avoid carbs during the hours before drinking/while drinking, consume as much protein and alcohol as you want, and you will be fine (and actually probably LOSE fat since alcohol is an AMPK stimulant and protein/alcohol are poor substrates for lipogenesis).

domore

Awards
For carbs: Phaseolus vulgaris, gymnema sylvestre, berberine, green coffee bean extract
Would acute dosing of raspberry ketones or grape seed extract mitigate the effects of a cheat meal? Or, would it require consistent dosing?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Looks close to Anabolic Pump. :)

ALCAR will mitigate neurological effects. A basic product like CEL Cycle Assist will boost liver function, thus mitigating negative effects in that regard. You should probably have a look at this though: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

Long story short, avoid fats during the day of drinking and avoid carbs during the hours before drinking/while drinking, consume as much protein and alcohol as you want, and you will be fine (and actually probably LOSE fat since alcohol is an AMPK stimulant and protein/alcohol are poor substrates for lipogenesis).
Ha.. had two big carb meals before my alcohol tonight.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This^^ whenever I know I'm gonna drink, I eat good the day before, then the day of I have nothing but recover pro aminos and Zero carb/fat protein. I also have an emergen c packet. I drink pretty 'clean' but will have one or two sugary drinks to start the night lol but point is, I definitely wake up much more defined and drier, and soak up the nutrients i eat the day after..

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This^^ whenever I know I'm gonna drink, I eat good the day before, then the day of I have nothing but recover pro aminos and Zero carb/fat protein. I also have an emergen c packet. I drink pretty 'clean' but will have one or two sugary drinks to start the night lol but point is, I definitely wake up much more defined and drier, and soak up the nutrients i eat the day after..
The whole waking up drier and leaner phenomenon is simply due to the diuretic effect of alcohol. Regardless of how much you eat, expect to weigh several pounds less the night after drinking.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The whole waking up drier and leaner phenomenon is simply due to the diuretic effect of alcohol. Regardless of how much you eat, expect to weigh several pounds less the night after drinking.
This is what advocates my yearly drinking binge pre shoot lol. It is the only reason I drink now.

gahcase21

Awards
the ones with the "orlistat like effects" will they also have the orlistat like side effects(runs etc)?

and do all those carbs ones need to be taken 30min or so prior to consuming carbs? or can it be at the same time for some?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
the ones with the "orlistat like effects" will they also have the orlistat like side effects(runs etc)?

and do all those carbs ones need to be taken 30min or so prior to consuming carbs? or can it be at the same time for some?
To a lesser degree, certainly. If it's not absorbed, it's excreted. Do the carbs need to be taken 30 min prior to consuming carbs? I don't follow.