Recent Lab Results

mr13percent

Awards
stats: 22/male 5'4".5 @ 130lbs
Hey guys, had some blood work done because i was feeling tired, low libido, poor sleep, etc.

Attatched is a copy of my test results which I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind interpreting. I am seeing my endo doc tomorrow, so i want to know what to ask him about etc.

thanks

Attachments

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
stats: 22/male 5'4".5 @ 130lbs
Hey guys, had some blood work done because i was feeling tired, low libido, poor sleep, etc.

Attatched is a copy of my test results which I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind interpreting. I am seeing my endo doc tomorrow, so i want to know what to ask him about etc.

thanks
You have a low Total Testosterone
no known reason, if you want to know, do LH and FSH testing,
before you do anything.

You have a high SHBG
that increases demand for extra testosterone.
Even if you had good (natural testosterone) levels,
you would not have enough
===========================================
Depending on your health insurance/financial status, mind set etc, you may go different routes.

I will givie you what I do for my self:

Blood test as on my post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

That is done at Quest Diagnostics blood drawn at Quest.

Also at Genova Diagnostics

NutrEval
and
EstroEssence
Ask more questions as you need.

mr13percent

Awards
You have a low Total Testosterone
no known reason, if you want to know, do LH and FSH testing,
before you do anything.
Thanks for the input JanSz, so you think if I decided to do the TRT, they wouln't have a problem with it? I will be sure to get LH and FSH tested(hope my endo already knows to do that!)..but I'll remind him.

On a side note, my TSH tested in at 0.704 UIU/mL (range:0.200-4.700)..on the low side (sister is on synthroyid) and Glucose was 63 mg/dL (range: 70-99)

These hold any relevance?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, my TSH tested in at 0.704 UIU/mL (range:0.200-4.700)..on the low side (sister is on synthroyid)
Lower TSH actually indicates higher thyroid function. If your thyroid is running hyper, it could disrupt sleep.

Low glucose could affect energy... if you're hypoglycemic, make sure to snack between meals... but first ask your doc for a glucose tolerance test.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input JanSz, so you think if I decided to do the TRT, they wouln't have a problem with it? I will be sure to get LH and FSH tested(hope my endo already knows to do that!)..but I'll remind him.

On a side note, my TSH tested in at 0.704 UIU/mL (range:0.200-4.700)..on the low side (sister is on synthroyid) and Glucose was 63 mg/dL (range: 70-99)

These hold any relevance?
If you would choose all the tests I listed, you would know a lot about your body.

If you want to do piece meal;

Adrenals
Thyroid
metabolic
androgens
estrogens

Usually you have to know what you want, endos are tought to get to cooperate. That is in general, your particular may be different.

Best, learn, it will help you.

Go thru my threads and read thru this board.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/77385-jansz-metabolic-analysis.html

http://74.54.133.233/forum/showthread.php?t=174

Kingston pt

Awards
options

Have him check your estradiol or E2, which can lower testosterone if to high. Ask him if he would be willing to do any treatments and what they are. Check back with forum.

mr13percent

Awards
endo update

hey guys. i saw my endo doc today and showed him my list of things i wanted him to test for, but he only thought my LH and FSH were going to be needed. So he had me draw blood again to check those and my total and free testosterone.

His diagnosis right now is hypogandism, but said we'd know for sure in a couple days. He told me I could go on TRT if the numbers came back low again, which he thought they would.

I'll post the results of the blood test as soon as i get them.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
hey guys. i saw my endo doc today and showed him my list of things i wanted him to test for, but he only thought my LH and FSH were going to be needed. So he had me draw blood again to check those and my total and free testosterone.

His diagnosis right now is hypogandism, but said we'd know for sure in a couple days. He told me I could go on TRT if the numbers came back low again, which he thought they would.

I'll post the results of the blood test as soon as i get them.
SHBG=42

195 1312 xxxx 300 xx55 250

You have to start with 195mg/week
E2D schedule, every other day
use 200mg/ml DepoT

195/7*2/200=0.27857=0.28cc=28units

use
BD 31Ga 5/16" long needle 3/19cc insuline syringe
for either T or hcg shots

use 380iu HCG E2D

Day #1 T shot plus Liquidex
Day #2 380iu HCG

Liquidex if used, max 1.5cc, but blood tested values take precedence

test 6 weeks to three months after starting

you need to know your E2

your goal

FreeT3 close to top range
BAT~575
BAT bioavailableT
FreeE2 (0.45 -0.6)

to find out need for adjustment do these tests at Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at Quest at the day of the shot, time of the shot, before shot

T3, Free
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)
Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS)

mr13percent

Awards
JanSz thanks for a very informative post. I have a question for you.

My doctor said he usually goes with a patch. I'd rather do the injections, but he says they are once every 2 weeks...i told him that would put me on an hormonal rollercoaster..he said that's why he likes to use patches..

Is there anyway to get him to do shots once a week instead? I was thinking of asking him about it, if my tests do in fact comeback warranting TRT.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz thanks for a very informative post. I have a question for you.

My doctor said he usually goes with a patch. I'd rather do the injections, but he says they are once every 2 weeks...i told him that would put me on an hormonal rollercoaster..he said that's why he likes to use patches..

Is there anyway to get him to do shots once a week instead? I was thinking of asking him about it, if my tests do in fact comeback warranting TRT.
With SHBG=42 there is no need to do LH & FSH testing.
Assuming everything there is ok it is hard to get SHBG down,
you would be low on BAT even if your testis were 100%

Up hill battle with your doc.

use what you can, look for another doc.
Paches, creams, gells will not provide enough testosterone,
plus it will increase your DHT.

That assuming good thyroid.
If thyroid needs help, usually transdermals are totally useless.

Transdermals can be tried only if someone have low DHT.

By shots I mean every other day you do T shot.
Forget about one every 2 weeks.

mr13percent

Awards
By shots I mean every other day you do T shot. Forget about one every 2 weeks.
how much T were you thinking for every other day? how much do you think he's thinking when he says one every 2-4 weeks?

You have to start with 195mg/week
E2D schedule, every other day
use 200mg/ml DepoT
which amount is for testosterone? and depot = test cyp right?

thanks again

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
how much T were you thinking for every other day? how much do you think he's thinking when he says one every 2-4 weeks?

which amount is for testosterone? and depot = test cyp right?

thanks again
Whatewer he is thinking on 2-4 weeks basis is wrong.
First you going to have too much then nothing at all.
Good way to get screwed.

I have given you detailed information in post #8 on this thread.

Use Depo-Testosterone
it is
Testosterone cypionate.
if you are outside of USA
use
Testosterone enanthate
I calculated your dose assuming (common) 200mg/ml strenght
check what you will have, recalculate if it is not 200mg/ml

If you have 200mg/mL
one shot = 28 units on insuline syringe
least expensive T at womens intntnl
keep asking untill you 100% sure

mr13percent

Awards
*Update*

Hey guys.

Well I got the results from my second blood test back and it looks like I have a "mild" case of hypogandism. My test came in at 0.93..the range was 0.95-4+..so my doc told me to pick up a Rx for Androgel tomorrow and get started right away.

He wants me to take 2.5mg everyday. He said he wants me to be in the middle range when I asked where it was going to put my test levels. I was kind of disappointed to hear this, but I guess it's better than nothing. Anyway to up it without experiencing any negative sides?

I am going to get a hard copy of the blood work tomorrow, so I'll be able to post the numbers on here when I get home. He said my LH, FSH. and Prolactin all came back normal. He didn't mention anything about HCG or AI..so I'm still planning to see Dr. Crisler to be on the safe side and get his opinion.

What do you guys think?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

Well I got the results from my second blood test back and it looks like I have a "mild" case of hypogandism. My test came in at 0.93..the range was 0.95-4+..so my doc told me to pick up a Rx for Androgel tomorrow and get started right away.

He wants me to take 2.5mg everyday. He said he wants me to be in the middle range when I asked where it was going to put my test levels. I was kind of disappointed to hear this, but I guess it's better than nothing. Anyway to up it without experiencing any negative sides?

I am going to get a hard copy of the blood work tomorrow, so I'll be able to post the numbers on here when I get home. He said my LH, FSH. and Prolactin all came back normal. He didn't mention anything about HCG or AI..so I'm still planning to see Dr. Crisler to be on the safe side and get his opinion.

What do you guys think?
Waste of time.
Do not waste time buying 2.5gram Androgel.

Look at my post #8 on this thread.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/82423-recent-lab-results.html#post1152197

Your
SHBG=42

You need someone who knows what that men.

Possibly a lawyer.

Androgel is not the way, you would need 15 or 20 grams to get close to TT that you need.
That would screw everything else.

mr13percent

Awards
Well unfortunately it's the best I can do for the moment until i can see Dr. Crisler. Would upping the dose help? Not sure if doing so will make the testes shut down or up my estrogen levels though.

I plan on making an appt to see Crisler tomorrow, should I start taking the Androgel now or should I just wait?

My endo said my SHBG was in normal range..

MarkLA

Awards
AFAIK any external testosterone will shutoff your natural production.

Your SHBG is within range. The range is 8 to 50. That's pretty wide. The more SHBG you have, the more of your T is bound up and not Free Testosterone.

High SHBG requires a bigger T dosage to get Free T to a normal level. A nice side effect of T supplementation is that it seems to reduce SHBG.

My advice (not a doctor) is to not fill the prescription and just go find someone more knowledgeable.

Mark

mr13percent

Awards
AFAIK any external testosterone will shutoff your natural production.

Your SHBG is within range. The range is 8 to 50. That's pretty wide. The more SHBG you have, the more of your T is bound up and not Free Testosterone.

High SHBG requires a bigger T dosage to get Free T to a normal level. A nice side effect of T supplementation is that it seems to reduce SHBG.

My advice (not a doctor) is to not fill the prescription and just go find someone more knowledgeable.

Mark
Thanks for both of your help..reps

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Well unfortunately it's the best I can do for the moment until i can see Dr. Crisler. Would upping the dose help? Not sure if doing so will make the testes shut down or up my estrogen levels though.

I plan on making an appt to see Crisler tomorrow, should I start taking the Androgel now or should I just wait?

My endo said my SHBG was in normal range..
Things to remember.
You cannot do HRT without PROPER testing.
Transdermal T raise DHT
Injected T raises E2
You newer know how much, and where they balance.
Need to wait 6 week after starting new change in schedule
and
do PROPER testing.

There is a lot of wrong testing going around, then guys are stuck with meningless numbers and try to guess what it should have been.

Wrong testing is doctor's fault, but once someone starts reading this and other boards, it is his fault if he allows doc screwing him.

It is new field for most doctors, we should be gratefull if they are open minded and make effort to help us, but we have to wach our backs.

mr13percent

Awards
Thanks JanSz.

The plan right now is to pick up Rx for Androgel, but wait to use it until I can make an appt. to see Dr. Crisler.

I'm going to go soon to pick up my bloodwork, so you guys will be able to get a better idea of the situation (hopefully).

One more quick question, it's my understanding that Androgel is to be put on in the AM. We'll the only time i can get my workouts in is then, right before classes. Does this mean I can still workout with the gel on..or should I wait to do it at night?

Thanks a ton.

MarkLA

Awards
One more quick question, it's my understanding that Androgel is to be put on in the AM. We'll the only time i can get my workouts in is then, right before classes. Does this mean I can still workout with the gel on..or should I wait to do it at night?

Thanks a ton.
Put the gel on in the morning. It is absorbed in an hour or few and so it's OK to workout, shower, etc. hours later. ...but you're going to wait for Crisler before starting anyway, right!

Mark

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm sort of in the same boat..but waiting on new blood work for the new endo. I don't think she treats with HCG (I think she told me only a select # of urologists here in NYC will use it), unless a patient is aiming for fertility, then they treat with HCG / HMG...so I went and sourced my own HCG to stock up on for now, in case I start treatment with her until changing dr's. I'm also going to refuse treatment with gel if my DHT #'s come back high...I guess I can do the same if she's not wanting to use HCG too.

We'll see what happens though, I may be able to convince her to prescribe HCG...even though it's not toooo expensive for me to buy on my own...I'd just rather not self-prescribe HRT at all.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks JanSz.

The plan right now is to pick up Rx for Androgel, but wait to use it until I can make an appt. to see Dr. Crisler.

I'm going to go soon to pick up my bloodwork, so you guys will be able to get a better idea of the situation (hopefully).

Thanks a ton.
Reread post #8
Get injectable testosterone.

mr13percent

Awards
New Bloodwork

Here are my latest Lab reports, which were done on Jan. 3

Srry for the small image, not sure why the other was bigger. These numbers seem ok to me the Prolactin(3.9), FSH(2.9) and LH(2.6) are on the low side but still normal...My Total T actually went up from 405 to 548 ,which maybe explains why he has me at 2.5g instead of 5g or 7.5g daily for the Androgel. How much should I expect my Total T to go up..possibly to the 700 or 800 range?

My Free T again tested below the range, hence the reason for TRT.

After seeing the results of this test, I plan on following through with his wishes(taking the Androgel) and checking my levels again when I for my physical on Jan.25. If things test abnormal I will take further action(ie: change my dose/talk with Dr. Crisler).

Thanks all for the help.

MarkLA

Awards
My guesses:

You can expect your T to go up to 700 for about a week. This is the external T adding to your endogeous T. You'll feel better.

At about week 2 or 3, I'd expect your T to be 400. Your endogenous T would be shut down and only the Androgel will be supplying your testosterone. You'll feel worse than before.

Mark