Rant thread 2

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
So it's been a while since I've been here and I've gone up and down in weight, I was diagnosed year and a half ago was something called gastric paresis so that is when your stomach does not digest food it's pretty much paralyzed it is damaged to the Vega nerve there is no cure for it for the longest time I had a Gtube then that went wonky and that's the best way to describe it so they put in at central line into my heart and I had TPN so at night I'd hook up a pump and it would be a special bag me specifically for me with everything that I was missing ..... that seemed to work than I was in an accident a couple months ago and I broke both my wrist and my shoulder so they had to pull the pick line obviously because I couldn't use it and I couldn't thread the pump anymore so they pulled it so here I am pretty much healed still suffering not being able to eat it's pretty much think of having the stomach bug that nauseous 24 /7 and the thought of food just makes you want to Gag so that's pretty much how I live...

But that's not my rant thread so the beginning that was just to give a background of me so again I admit I am a little on the lean side I get it so I belong to a gym and I was riding a spin bike I was doing my own thing 'cause I'm a spin teacher so I had my music I was doing my own thing coming up with the class because I do sub classes not often but I do before Covid hit I had 20 classes and then everything came to a halt .... that was my side hustle I'm a therapist by trade.....anyway I go into the bathroom after I'm done and I can hear these two women talking and it went like this " did you see that skeleton on the spin bike "? and I was like are they talking about me? So I sat for a minute and the other girl goes "oh my God I know it was awful she's like she should be ashamed of herself " well I turned around the corner and I said listen have you two cackling bitches I'm like you ever call me that again (because I was the only one on the spin bike ) so I said if I ever hear you talk that way about me again I'm like I'll throat punch you how about that I'm like at least I'm trying I said I'm not trying to lose weight I said that's the problem with you people that are idiots I said I'm trying to distress myself this is my coping skill I said am not trying to lose weight no am I trying to maintain yes you don't know my life you don't know what's going on in my life I'm like but it looks like the two of you and I could stand to be on the spin bike a little longer than me and I don't pick on people for weight I never have I mean I've been 300 pounds you know , I know what its like to be big and how people look right past you or be disgusted by you I've also am now at 130 so like I know I'm 511 I know what I look like so my rant is people should shut their mouths and just ignore if you have something negative to say wait so I get you a car because if I over here it again like that will be an issue so and I do go to the gym every day and sometimes I ride the bike sometimes I do light weights its something that my doctor and I are trying to figure out because I don't eat so that's my rant today people that should shut their freaking pie holes before they know the truth. End rant

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
So it's been a while since I've been here and I've gone up and down in weight, I was diagnosed year and a half ago was something called gastric paresis so that is when your stomach does not digest food it's pretty much paralyzed it is damaged to the Vega nerve there is no cure for it for the longest time I had a Gtube then that went wonky and that's the best way to describe it so they put in at central line into my heart and I had TPN so at night I'd hook up a pump and it would be a special bag me specifically for me with everything that I was missing ..... that seemed to work than I was in an accident a couple months ago and I broke both my wrist and my shoulder so they had to pull the pick line obviously because I couldn't use it and I couldn't thread the pump anymore so they pulled it so here I am pretty much healed still suffering not being able to eat it's pretty much think of having the stomach bug that nauseous 24 /7 and the thought of food just makes you want to Gag so that's pretty much how I live...

But that's not my rant thread so the beginning that was just to give a background of me so again I admit I am a little on the lean side I get it so I belong to a gym and I was riding a spin bike I was doing my own thing 'cause I'm a spin teacher so I had my music I was doing my own thing coming up with the class because I do sub classes not often but I do before Covid hit I had 20 classes and then everything came to a halt .... that was my side hustle I'm a therapist by trade.....anyway I go into the bathroom after I'm done and I can hear these two women talking and it went like this " did you see that skeleton on the spin bike "? and I was like are they talking about me? So I sat for a minute and the other girl goes "oh my God I know it was awful she's like she should be ashamed of herself " well I turned around the corner and I said listen have you two cackling bitches I'm like you ever call me that again (because I was the only one on the spin bike ) so I said if I ever hear you talk that way about me again I'm like I'll throat punch you how about that I'm like at least I'm trying I said I'm not trying to lose weight I said that's the problem with you people that are idiots I said I'm trying to distress myself this is my coping skill I said am not trying to lose weight no am I trying to maintain yes you don't know my life you don't know what's going on in my life I'm like but it looks like the two of you and I could stand to be on the spin bike a little longer than me and I don't pick on people for weight I never have I mean I've been 300 pounds you know , I know what its like to be big and how people look right past you or be disgusted by you I've also am now at 130 so like I know I'm 511 I know what I look like so my rant is people should shut their mouths and just ignore if you have something negative to say wait so I get you a car because if I over here it again like that will be an issue so and I do go to the gym every day and sometimes I ride the bike sometimes I do light weights its something that my doctor and I are trying to figure out because I don't eat so that's my rant today people that should shut their freaking pie holes before they know the truth. End rant
So I took the highroad today I saw those two women and I went up to them and they took off your earbuds and I said I apologize for yesterday I wasn't quite nice to you and I apologize I said but I want you to understand what I have so maybe you'll understand why I do what I do so I went and explained what I have that there is no cure for it and they were like wow OK we didn't know and I said right so don't ever judge a book by its cover but I want to apologize for being rude it wasn't nice that I said but it wasn't nice what you said either...... i said so don't judge people because you don't know what they are going thru..... I Get tired of fighting it seems with my friends my doctors like I'm going to do what I want to do with the time I have left and that's just the way it's going to be and I get really annoyed really quickly and I need to work on that ...... OK maybe I educated two people in the world about what I have because until I got it I had no idea what it was

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m sorry your going through such a major challenge. I’ve not heard about your condition before, but I couldn’t imagine how hard it is.
You had every right to tell those women off and call them out on being judgmental. And even though you didn’t have to, because you did nothing wrong, it’s very admirable that you took the high road and apologized and explained your situation. At least maybe you helped them to not be so judgmental next time they see a person that may be going through a challenge that they have no clue of.👍👏🙏

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I’m sorry your going through such a major challenge. I’ve not heard about your condition before, but I couldn’t imagine how hard it is.
You had every right to tell those women off and call them out on being judgmental. And even though you didn’t have to, because you did nothing wrong, it’s very admirable that you took the high road and apologized and explained your situation. At least maybe you helped them to not be so judgmental next time they see a person that may be going through a challenge that they have no clue of.
Thanks. I was not always as forgiving but I'm trying. I'm not going to get better, no cure but I want people to know what I have.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Seems on the only one doing this rant thread but that's OK I'll do it anyway so I'm sitting at the hospital right now as I do every Friday and I get in infusion of iron, potassium (by the way which burns ) and my banana bag which is everything I need my carbohydrates, my fats, my vitamins, and it is yellow like a banana which is pretty funny so I'm sitting here and I do this every Friday and I feel pretty good till about Tuesday or Wednesday then it start feeling shitty again But the nurses know me here so I walk in and I always say the same thing I say all the time please give me Zofran first because I get nauseous and I will throw up on you and you need to use a small needle and it can't go in my right arm it , please try my left arm because that's where you have the best luck.... but it seems like every other time I come here I have a nurse that has to prove something so she sticks me in my right arm then she sticks me in my right hand then she finally says I'm gonna try one more time and I look at her and I said you're not touching me get me a nurse who knows me because I've let you stick me twice and I'm not talking stick like she sticks the needle in me and then she's moving around in my vein owwwwww!!!!! I think I know my body well enough to know what works and what doesn't work then she looks at me and goes "you're a tough one to do" you don't say.... so here i sit for the next two hours next to people and I do feel bad that have cancer And are going through chemo therapy and here I am with my eating issues of not being able to eat but I always do feel a little bad sitting here because I know they are worse off than I am. I just miss food I miss eating like I just crunching chewing tasting like I miss all that