Quick question about Anabolics and cutting

Bryan

Awards
I noticed alot of people use anabolics(gear or ph) to cut. Now my question is, if you do go use anabolics to cut, then during the post cycle recovery, dont you have to keep the calories up high? which might would create a rebound weight gain effect?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There certainly is that distinct possibility when coming off of anabolics, although there are things you can do to avoid too much of a rebound occuring. One method is to dose ephedrine and caffeine at a small dose every few hours or so for the nutrient partitioning effects, or perhaps take clenbuterol post cycle for the same reason.

I believe I've heard of people using T-3 post cycle as well, in order to increase metabolism and protein synthesis.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Not to mention the use of good post cycle meds, such as Clomid stacked with Femara to prevent estrogen rebound at get your GnRH back to normal as fast as possible.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Basically, the use of androgens for cutting purposes is mainly for anti-catabolic reasons.. In a caloric low, you can't build more muscle, just the muscle you have becomes more pronounced due to the ability to heal faster, and the bodyfat around it fueling it constantly..

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the results you obtain using anabolics on a cut all depend on how low you go with the caloric intake. If consuming maintenance levels or just above maintenance it's possible to lean out and build new muscle simultaneously. I'll be putting that theory to test myself in a few weeks.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I think the results you obtain using anabolics on a cut all depend on how low you go with the caloric intake. If consuming maintenance levels or just above maintenance it's possible to lean out and build new muscle simultaneously. I'll be putting that theory to test myself in a few weeks.
yea, thats true. i think hardgainers should take that info and use it. since its extra hard for ecto's to retain muscle while on such a restricted, low calorie diet.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I believe it's possible I am on a 600 caloric deficit while on a cycle, and I am certainly putting on new mass and lowering my body fat. I am on a 50/15/35 P/C/F diet right now.