Question about where im at

cassimus

cassimus

Awards
I am 5'10 175 and im natural and i was wondering was 95lb dumbell press and a 35lb dumbbell curl a significant amount of weight for my stats... the reason im asking is that its taking me a good while to work up to it and i just wanted some feedback

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 5'10 175 and im natural and i was wondering was 95lb dumbell press and a 35lb dumbbell curl a significant amount of weight for my stats... the reason im asking is that its taking me a good while to work up to it and i just wanted some feedback
No one can tell you what is "significant" for your stats, since everyone is different, has different backgrounds and training history, nutrition and supplementation regimes, etc., and even someone with the same body stats as you cannot be - and should not be - used re comparison. You can only compare yourself to yourself - where you were when you first started out, or were before, and where you are now. It's about you versus you, not you versus everyone else.

~Team APPNUT

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Dumbell press isn't bad, are you talking 1rep max with these or what? You should be able to do quiet a few concentration curls with 35lbs.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Rosie is right though, as long as you're improving you're doing well.

cassimus

cassimus

Awards
nah the 95lbs is on my set of 6 to end my work out i do 10 warm up 8 8 6, and my curls are 10 warm up 8 8 8 with 35 on my last two sets but i concetrate on form for both exercises and to rosie i understand where your coming from

Cubate

Awards
Practce isolating with low weight one week.
Maxing out on other weeks. I can curl 50 lb dumbell 8 reps each arm when I start the workout. It all depend on how I want to work out. I started with 25 lbs and now work out normal midrange sets with 30's and 35's. I know guys at the gym that are ripped, natural and dont curl 70 lbs x 5 sets they mostly work in the 35 to 50 range. Diet is key not how much you can lift. There are people that don't eat properly work out a lot and don't gain!!!

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
your training dictates strength. If you want to be a powerlifter focus on strength if you want to focus on bodybuilding focus on what gives you the most amount of mass. No judge cares what you can bench, however he does care if ur chest looks like ****..

Pick which one you want to do. As a powerlifting stat those arent great, as a bodybuilder stat, all depends on how u look.. i know this didnt help answer your question but realistically looks at the situation.

Chico222

Awards
Stats are good imo. We are vary and have our strengths in certain things.

For example. I max out on 90lb dumbbell press, thats it. But, i curl 50lb dumbbells like nothing. I can deadlift over 315lbs, but my weak ass legs struggle with 225lbs. Weird.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
95lbs for 6 reps is pretty strong. I am assuming that you are going all the way down. I know that when I was repping 90-100lb dbs I was benching 300+. Sadly I'm not pressing anything now because my shoulder.

I say good progress! That is def a good press for someone 170lbs! Keep it up!