Punthra's Contest Prep (DC Style Journey to the stage next June)

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks everyone! I've decided to just use comments such as, " you need juice to win", as motivation because i love silencing people who say i can't do something.
That is great motivation bro.:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone! I've decided to just use comments such as, " you need juice to win", as motivation because i love silencing people who say i can't do something.
Next time some fool says something like that tell them, yeah it is kinda like your chances at scoring some p*ssy with a stud like me standing next to you huh? Not very likely... Now take off dueche bag!

A lot of those guys look SO BIG until they drop the water that is ballooning them up. You are friggen huge! Just remind those idiots about mass with class! Lower level bodybuilding is going back towards aesthetics and size not just size.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Next time some fool says something like that tell them, yeah it is kinda like your chances at scoring some p*ssy with a stud like me standing next to you huh? Not very likely... Now take off dueche bag!

A lot of those guys look SO BIG until they drop the water that is ballooning them up. You are friggen huge! Just remind those idiots about mass with class! Lower level bodybuilding is going back towards aesthetics and size not just size.

Very well said my friend.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Dude, you got to 250 by yourself. It takes juice for most guys to get there. 250 with juice or 250 without juice is still 250 freakin pounds.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words guys!! Finally got back in the gym yesterday, i'll post my numbers later on today.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Arms

Close Grip Bench Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x8 / 285x5

Barbell Curls 95x10 / 115x8 / 135x6

V-Bar Pressdowns sup/ Dumbbell Hammer Curls (set 1) 145x10 & 40x10 (Set 2) 190x10 & 45x10 (Set 3) 235x8 & 50x10

Dumbbell French Presses Sup/ Dumbbell Preacher Curls (set 1) 80x12 & 30x10
(set 2) 100x10 & 40x10 (Set 3) 120x8 dropset w/ 60x10 & 50x7 dropset w/ 25x10

Notes:
- decided to start the week with arms as a change of pace
- I'll be doing shoulders and traps today, legs tomorrow, and then chest / back on christmas day!!! Man it's nice to have keys to the gym!!!! Hard workout and then pig out at christmas dinner

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms

Close Grip Bench Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x8 / 285x5

Barbell Curls 95x10 / 115x8 / 135x6

V-Bar Pressdowns sup/ Dumbbell Hammer Curls (set 1) 145x10 & 40x10 (Set 2) 190x10 & 45x10 (Set 3) 235x8 & 50x10

Dumbbell French Presses Sup/ Dumbbell Preacher Curls (set 1) 80x12 & 30x10
(set 2) 100x10 & 40x10 (Set 3) 120x8 dropset w/ 60x10 & 50x7 dropset w/ 25x10

Notes:
- decided to start the week with arms as a change of pace
- I'll be doing shoulders and traps today, legs tomorrow, and then chest / back on christmas day!!! Man it's nice to have keys to the gym!!!! Hard workout and then pig out at christmas dinner
Keys to the gym WOW!!!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy smokes, nice close grip bench you got the bro :thumbsup:

//CC

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. I've been busy with family and friends. I trained all last week and had a particularly amazing leg workout last week. I'm happy to announce that my AI supps have shown up and i'll be firing them up starting January 2nd with a brand new log to follow along with!!!! Here's yesterdays and todays workouts......

Back / Biceps

Pro Grip Pulldowns 200x10 / 250x10 / 300x6

Behind The Neck Pulldowns 150x12 / 160x12 / 170x12 (Could go heavier but i worry about my rotator cuffs so i just go for a pronounced squeeze to get a good pump)

V-Bar Cable Rows 200x10 / 250x10 / 300x7

Dumbbell Rows 120x8 / 110x8 / 100x10

Padded T-Bar Rows Undergrip 90x10 / 135x10 / 135x7

Iso Bodyweight Rows (varying grips) bw x10 / bw x10 / bw x8

Chest / Triceps

Flat Barbell Bench Presses 135x10 / 185x5 / 235x5 / 285x5 / 335x4 / 385x1 ( Just felt like going for a final bench maxout for the new year)

Incline Barbell Presses 135x10 / 185x10 / 235x8 / 285x5

Dumbbell Pullovers sup/ Pec Deck (Set 1) 90x10 & 275x10 (Set 2) 100x10 & 275x10
(Set 3) 110x8 & 275x10

Cable Pressdowns 145x10 / 190x10 / 235x8

Skullcrushers sup/ Close Grip Bench Presses 115x10 & x10 / 95x10 & x10 / 75x10 & x10

Notes:
- these two workouts were a great way to lead off into the new year
- really excited to start my bulk in a few days

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice Workout Big P!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
385?! Man I have some work to do! Time to go eat another steak so I can grow up to be big and strong like P!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
385?! Man I have some work to do! Time to go eat another steak so I can grow up to be big and strong like P!
Count me in!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Pun, were you a powerlifter in the past?

My routine as a teen into early 20's was BBing style. I got into powerlifting with full gear mid to late 20s and now I do a combo of both.

We have similar bodytype/lifts/weight (although I carry more bf, im sure). If I bic'd my head, we'd be close to twins..LMFAO

Can you comment? Thanks bro.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
No, i wasn't a competitive powerlifter but i did train with a few, i also train off and on with a competitive strongman competitor. Training variety is always good!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, i wasn't a competitive powerlifter but i did train with a few, i also train off and on with a competitive strongman competitor. Training variety is always good!!
Yah the thought has crossed my mind that you have the strength to go that way.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pun, I bet you will see around 6 lbs of lbm off of this run. Note I said LBM not total weight gain. I got 4 lbs lbm out of this in 4 weeks so with expected slowing of gains in second month I bet you easily see 6 lbs of LBM on this stack while eating for a bulk. Kill it and lets see what happens Bro!

Yeah you are nasty strong too Bro, gotta love it.
He'll be starting his prep though so might be on restricted calorie intake. I am down around 300 cals a day from maintenance myself.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He'll be starting his prep though so might be on restricted calorie intake. I am down around 300 cals a day from maintenance myself.
Oh okay, I thought his contest prep was starting after this run. That he was using this as his one last push to add muscle before he got into his prep. I actually deleted this comment and moved it to his other log. I thought I was responding there. LOL Gotta love tabbed browsing you can get lost coming from the control panel with all the new tabs. LOL

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh okay, I thought his contest prep was starting after this run. That he was using this as his one last push to add muscle before he got into his prep. I actually deleted this comment and moved it to his other log. I thought I was responding there. LOL Gotta love tabbed browsing you can get lost coming from the control panel with all the new tabs. LOL
Actually you may have it right, I thought he was competing in May but that can't be if he's bulking till march... at least I hope not.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Actually you may have it right, I thought he was competing in May but that can't be if he's bulking till march... at least I hope not.
You must have me and Pun confised we are so similiar. LOL He is a hulk, and I am a David Banner! ;) My contest is going to be in May with you, I will be competing on May 8th. Maybe again May 15th. I will already be in shape for it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must have me and Pun confised we are so similiar. LOL He is a hulk, and I am a David Banner! ;) My contest is going to be in May with you, I will be competing on May 8th. Maybe again May 15th. I will already be in shape for it.
Well the difference is not that much as you make it sound..

The only problem with that schedule is it might be hard to do 2 carb ups in that short a time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well the difference is not that much as you make it sound..

The only problem with that schedule is it might be hard to do 2 carb ups in that short a time.
I will be using Skip Loading so I will bascally be repeating my peak weak for the last 6-8 weeks of my prep. The basic premise is carb up first then drink enough water to while dropping cals to leave you dry and full on game day. He does not water deplete nor mess with soduim. I would eat up until Tues of the second peak weak then pull back on carbs increase water can end up very dry. I was almost doing this unintentionally during my last prep and was ready for show time by Friday after a heavy carb up on Wednesday night then lowering carbs increasing water I dropped sub q and stayed full. So I know it will work well for me.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be using Skip Loading so I will bascally be repeating my peak weak for the last 6-8 weeks of my prep. The basic premise is carb up first then drink enough water to while dropping cals to leave you dry and full on game day. He does not water deplete nor mess with soduim. I would eat up until Tues of the second peak weak then pull back on carbs increase water can end up very dry. I was almost doing this unintentionally during my last prep and was ready for show time by Friday after a heavy carb up on Wednesday night then lowering carbs increasing water I dropped sub q and stayed full. So I know it will work well for me.
That's very different, I will need more details...:006:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well I made a conscious decision to remove rear delts from this workout and add them to back tomorrow as i want to be as fresh as possible for back day. Anyways here's chest and shoulders....OUCH!!

Chest / Shoulders

Incline Barbell Presses 205x10 / 255x10 / 305x6

Weighted Dips 40x10 / 60x8 / 80x6

Standing Cable Flyes (FST-7) 75x10 / 70x10 / 65x10 / 60x10 / 55x10 / 50x10 / 45x10

Barbell Military Presses 135x10 / 165x8 / 195x6

Dumbbell Laterals (FST-7) 40x8 / 35x9 / 30x10 / 25x10 / 20x10 / 15x10 / 15x10

Notes:
- Alternating stretching and flexing in between sets of FST-7, was definitely better than the way i was doing before which was just consuming alot of water in between sets
- chest and shoulders are trashed......Love It!!!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I made a conscious decision to remove rear delts from this workout and add them to back tomorrow as i want to be as fresh as possible for back day. Anyways here's chest and shoulders....OUCH!!

Chest / Shoulders

Incline Barbell Presses 205x10 / 255x10 / 305x6

Weighted Dips 40x10 / 60x8 / 80x6

Standing Cable Flyes (FST-7) 75x10 / 70x10 / 65x10 / 60x10 / 55x10 / 50x10 / 45x10

Barbell Military Presses 135x10 / 165x8 / 195x6

Dumbbell Laterals (FST-7) 40x8 / 35x9 / 30x10 / 25x10 / 20x10 / 15x10 / 15x10

Notes:
- Alternating stretching and flexing in between sets of FST-7, was definitely better than the way i was doing before which was just consuming alot of water in between sets
- chest and shoulders are trashed......Love It!!!
Damn dude that is a sick workout!!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Hope all is well punny, i wish the wife a speedy recovery and i know you will destroy when you get back in the gym. Life is too short and you are so close to doing what you've always wanted to. I think you will do some serious damage on the stage and all your hardwork WILL pay off.