proviron post cycle and an apology to yj

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
a few weeks ago , yj posted about using proviron post cycle and i said it was wrong as proviron is an androgen , so its use post cycle would only affect recovery and supress htpa , ive been researching on this and ive come to realise proviron use post cycle can be very benefitial . the study below shows this :

Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1988 Feb;26(1):121-8 Related Articles, Links

The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men.

Varma TR, Patel RH.

Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, St. George's Hospital Medical School London, U.K.

Two hundred fifty subfertile men with idiopathic oligospermia (count less than 20 million/ml) were treated with mesterolone (100-150 mg/day) for 12 months. Seminal analysis were assayed 3 times and serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) luteinizing hormone (LH) and plasma testosterone were assayed once before treatment and repeated at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months after the initiation of treatment. One hundred ten patients (44%) had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients (34%) had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone. One hundred seventy-five patients (70%) had moderate oligospermia (count 5 to less than 20 million/ml) and 75 patients (30%) had severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million/ml). Seventy-five moderately oligospermic patients showed significant improvement in the sperm density, total sperm count and motility following mesterolone therapy whereas only 12% showed improvement in the severe oligospermic group. Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated. There was no significant adverse effect on testosterone levels or on liver function. One hundred fifteen (46%) pregnancies resulted following the treatment, 9 of 115 (7.8%) aborted and 2 (1.7%) had ectopic pregnancy. Mesterolone was found to be more useful in patients with a sperm count ranging between 5 and 20 million/ml. Those with severe oligospermia (count less than 5 million) do not seem to benefit from this therapy.

PMID: 2892728 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so yes , since proviron isnt affecting lh recovery , its use wud keep androgen levels normal post cycle keeping the user away from experiencing the crash of androgen levels . but still proviron lowers total and bound testosterone but not free testosterone or lh . if post cycle recovery means bringing total test back to normal, and proviron lowers total test, then I would not use it post cycle. but then , still , i think it wud be a decent addition post cycle as its not messing with lh recovery too much . so proviron use should be stopped a week or 10 days before the end of post cycle therapy i feel .
so yj , u were right then :) . and your contribution to the board is appreciated as always :) .

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Dont sweat it brother.... I knew what I was talking about, just couldnt spit it out, good information none the less also man, appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 43
Anabolics 2
cristiano88 Pro Bodybuilding 10
DinosaurMuffins Anabolics 3
GLHF Anabolics 6