cristiano88

Awards
Micro dose Proviron to try and treat libido

Hello!
35M.
My symptoms are
-inexistent libido
-inexistent morning wood
-there may be others like lack or motivation but these are highly subjective so i just brush them off.

My labs after 2 weeks of eating at maintenance, after a cut in which i lost 3-4 kg in 2 months time.
Total test-460-this seems a little low
Estradiol-19
shbg-53-this seems high to me
Prolactin-6-this seems fine
Vitamin D-33(this seems low, 30-100 is the interval but i ve seen people claiming that even above 100 you can reap benefits-Henselmans is one of those claiming this).

Based on this and considering albumin 43(like i usually had, this fluctuates very little so i stop paying to test it) i have a free t of about
1,1% if i remember correctly. Kinda low.

My question is:
Would a low dose proviron help me by lowering the SHBG?
Or would it do more harm than good by crashing estrogen?
By microdose i refer to 12,5mg per day, like VigorousSteve mentions in a video of his.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What do you consider a microdose? Less then 25mg proviron is a total waste of time. I gotta use 50+ per day to notice anything at all

cristiano88

cristiano88

Awards
What do you consider a microdose? Less then 25mg proviron is a total waste of time. I gotta use 50+ per day to notice anything at all
By microdose i refer to 12,5mg per day, like VigorousSteve mentions in a video of his.-i edited my post.Sorry, my bad for not posting this from the begining.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By microdose i refer to 12,5mg per day, like VigorousSteve mentions in a video of his.-i edited my post.Sorry, my bad for not posting this from the begining.
I would notice absolutely nothing from that dose, I wouldn't imagine it would have a significant impact on estrogen either. Honestly proviron is such a mild hormone that I would just try it out and play around with the dose and see if you find a sweet spot that's worth while. For me, 50mg a day was minimum to notice any effect and the cost $$ vs. Reward was not in favor of proviron so I don't bother.

6-12mg of Boron citrate daily seems to work similarly to 25mg proviron for increasing free testosterone. Not as good but similar and it's dirt cheap. Since you only wanna use 12.5 proviron I'd probably try Boron first. It's like $5.00 a bottle

cristiano88

cristiano88

Awards
I would notice absolutely nothing from that dose, I wouldn't imagine it would have a significant impact on estrogen either. Honestly proviron is such a mild hormone that I would just try it out and play around with the dose and see if you find a sweet spot that's worth while. For me, 50mg a day was minimum to notice any effect and the cost $$ vs. Reward was not in favor of proviron so I don't bother.

6-12mg of Boron citrate daily seems to work similarly to 25mg proviron for increasing free testosterone. Not as good but similar and it's dirt cheap. Since you only wanna use 12.5 proviron I'd probably try Boron first. It's like $5.00 a bottle
Thank you for your very detailed answer.
I tried boron and it did not work.
The main difference between our situations is that where i live 1 month of proviron for 1 month 25/day is 6 bucks

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The main difference between our situations is that where i live 1 month of proviron for 1 month 25/day is 6 bucks
I want to live where you live.

Under these circumstances, what do you have to lose? In the worst case you spent $12.50 and may not have seen benefits. There may be a downside in terms of higher blood pressure or changes in cholesterol levels, but I "think" they would be very small (meaning, I would do it).

If you go ahead with it, please do a detailed log. I would be interested. Good luck.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You should see the prices of some medications in other countries. Metformin from Europe is like $50 for 1000×500mg
I remember the golden age of PHs/DS where just about everything was inexpensive and widely available.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I remember the golden age of PHs/DS where just about everything was inexpensive and widely available.
When SD got banned......$5.00 - $10.00 a bottle

I should have bought 10 of everything 🤦‍♂️