Props to Nintendo

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've actually been getting a decent amount of Pokemon since the update (both in variety and quantity) relative to before the update. Granted, I'm not getting the really rare Pokemon that I had gotten (although it's too early to tell; I did catch a Scyther and see an Exeggutor on my radar somewhere, but I didn't have the time to look (wander in circles? too much for him).

There's something about these damn Pidgeys! They're regularly escaping and running at a much higher rate than basically any other Pokemon, including higher CP and rarer Pokemon. I just had a 239 CP Pidgey escape from 5 Pokeballs and run, but a 300 CP Eevee and a 332 CP Ekans were caught with 1-2 Pokeballs each. I think I'm just going to stop catching Pidgeys. Maybe they did that on purpose? There's so many of them, and they evolve quickly at only 12 candy, now just spam catching/evolving Pidgey to level up isn't realistic. I really need to stop wasting Pokeballs on Pidgeys.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've actually been getting a decent amount of Pokemon since the update (both in variety and quantity) relative to before the update. Granted, I'm not getting the really rare Pokemon that I had gotten (although it's too early to tell; I did catch a Scyther and see an Exeggutor on my radar somewhere, but I didn't have the time to look (wander in circles? too much for him).

There's something about these damn Pidgeys! They're regularly escaping and running at a much higher rate than basically any other Pokemon, including higher CP and rarer Pokemon. I just had a 239 CP Pidgey escape from 5 Pokeballs and run, but a 300 CP Eevee and a 332 CP Ekans were caught with 1-2 Pokeballs each. I think I'm just going to stop catching Pidgeys. Maybe they did that on purpose? There's so many of them, and they evolve quickly at only 12 candy, now just spam catching/evolving Pidgey to level up isn't realistic. I really need to stop wasting Pokeballs on Pidgeys.
I use 1, maybe 2, pokeballs on Pidgeys. If they don't want to be caught, I don't need them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There' a new Android App you can use to track Pokemon. Smart Poke V2. You sign in using a Pokemon Trainer Club Account (they suggest making a BS new one; it takes a minute or two), and it works very well so far. I'm not quite sure how to really use it, but it seems pretty promising!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got another Exeggutor sitting at my kitchen table. 991 CP and I'm level 18. My brother is level 20 and his was 1600+.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
is everyone seeing more aggressive (more movement and "attacks" during the catching phases) than before too? I feel like I'm getting beat up ha

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I'm noticing that too.

Just caught a Bulbasaur in a few Pokeballs, but an Ivysaur escaped after a few balls. It's ok though, since I already have a higher Ivysaur.

Maybe they're trying to get people to go through more Pokeballs so they spend more money buying more?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I'm noticing that too.

Just caught a Bulbasaur in a few Pokeballs, but an Ivysaur escaped after a few balls. It's ok though, since I already have a higher Ivysaur.

Maybe they're trying to get people to go through more Pokeballs so they spend more money buying more?
Well it's working... I had over 180 balls yesterday and now have like 65 and nothing good to show for it ha.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well it's working... I had over 180 balls yesterday and now have like 65 and nothing good to show for it ha.
Haha, I've spent a few dollars the past couple of days. I finally caught one of these guys:

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
How cool would it be when you hit level 40, you were put on Victory road and had to battle like Brock and team rocket and the last person you had to battle was Ash?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How cool would it be when you hit level 40, you were put on Victory road and had to battle like Brock and team rocket and the last person you had to battle was Ash?
I think they should have more "traditional" gyms in addition to the team gyms. You should be able to get gym badges. I don't know how you'd do it geographically, but it'd be cool to get badges, and have incentive to use different Pokemon against different gym leaders.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think they should have more "traditional" gyms in addition to the team gyms. You should be able to get gym badges. I don't know how you'd do it geographically, but it'd be cool to get badges, and have incentive to use different Pokemon against different gym leaders.
That's why I quit playing for the most part. Catching em all is cool and all but I wanna be the very best. Like no one ever wasssssss.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's why I quit playing for the most part. Catching em all is cool and all but I wanna be the very best. Like no one ever wasssssss.
Then you see the people using the IV calculators to make sure they only evolve and/or level up the strongest Pokemon of a species (supposedly it accounts for up to 10% strength). I just eyeball it, haha.

I wish you could teach Pokemon new moves, with HMs and TMs like in the games. I could see that making some money; sell them for a little money. I'd also like to see Pokemon have the option of at least 2 moves to use any time. Maybe 2 quick and 1 charge move? That way you're not inherently screwed with types, and you have some strategy.

I want them to add trading (just local though) and the ability to battle other people in person. That would help a lot IMO.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Then you see the people using the IV calculators to make sure they only evolve and/or level up the strongest Pokemon of a species (supposedly it accounts for up to 10% strength). I just eyeball it, haha.

I wish you could teach Pokemon new moves, with HMs and TMs like in the games. I could see that making some money; sell them for a little money. I'd also like to see Pokemon have the option of at least 2 moves to use any time. Maybe 2 quick and 1 charge move? That way you're not inherently screwed with types, and you have some strategy.

I want them to add trading (just local though) and the ability to battle other people in person. That would help a lot IMO.
tading has been confirmed. not sure if local or other though yet

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tading has been confirmed. not sure if local or other though yet
I remember seeing trading in a commercial for Pokemon GO a while back. I'm keeping extras of some of the rarer Pokemon for when trading is added. You still only get 1 candy for an evolved Pokemon, so I'm holding some in the hopes I can trade them for other Pokemon.
I have an extra Arbok, Exeggutor, Scyther, Magmar (2), and Dragonair (2). Even if I don't get anything high CP for them (most of them aren't very high CP), it could help me fill my Pokedex by trading for Pokemon I don't have.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1470216644.827228.jpg

Them post-update feels

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smart Poke V2 (the tracking App for Android) seems to be down. It still loads, but no Pokemon seem to be showing up on the map at all.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can't get a Flareon from my Eevees...

I've named and evolved 3 now, all became Jolteons...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I've heard that it doesn't always work, but it seems to work every time for me for some reason. My last Eevee evolved into a 1306 CP Flareon.

My first 10km egg hatched into a Pinsir. It's 1126 CP, and now I have 82 Pinsir candy, but I would have liked a Pokemon I didn't already have.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just got a 1220 Jolt...

But I have 3 now, and 2 Vaporeons
No Flareons

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Did you close and restart after naming? That was the trick for me. I kept getting flareon and wanted jolteon ha.

Side note tho I have 3 of each, 6 eevees over 450cp and 92 candy haha

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Jelly!
What is your Pokedex completion?

It was definitely closed and restarted a few times between the name change and when I had enough candy to evolve it

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you close and restart after naming? That was the trick for me. I kept getting flareon and wanted jolteon ha.

Side note tho I have 3 of each, 6 eevees over 450cp and 92 candy haha
Nice. My Eevee was between 500-550 CP, and evolved into a 1306 Flareon with ember and heat wave (pretty good moveset). I also have a 1096 CP Vaporeon with water gun and hydro pump (I think the best moveset for it). I don't want to use any stardust now, so I'm just going to keep getting more Eevee candy and evolving 500+ Eevee. Probably a Jolteon next, since I don't have any 1000+ Jolteons.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Jelly!
What is your Pokedex completion?

It was definitely closed and restarted a few times between the name change and when I had enough candy to evolve it
88 caught... Only a scyther that popped up while I was on the highway escaped haha.

All I want is squirtle tho and I've literally only seen 2 and caught 1

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1470615640.118103.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1470615649.854925.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
88 caught... Only a scyther that popped up while I was on the highway escaped haha.

All I want is squirtle tho and I've literally only seen 2 and caught 1
You're 1 ahead of me. I've caught 87 and seen 88; a Cubone escaped.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Please nobody play this while driving.

I pass my phone to my passenger (Jana, also playing lol) to spin pokestops

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1470714360.584717.jpg

Woah, what a roll on the evolved CP lol.
From a 300(ish) Nidoran

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe I can learn something here lol all I do is go around catching the Pokemon that pop up and hitting poke stops.

I just now learned what powering up did and I've yet to go to a gym. I'm level 12.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I can learn something here lol all I do is go around catching the Pokemon that pop up and hitting poke stops.

I just now learned what powering up did and I've yet to go to a gym. I'm level 12.
I've learned it's better to save stardust and wait to evolve high CP Pokemon than to level up and/or evolve the first Pokemon of a given species you catch.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've learned it's better to save stardust and wait to evolve high CP Pokemon than to level up and/or evolve the first Pokemon of a given species you catch.
Yeah, I evolved a few of my first ones in the beginning and then leveled up a couple of my highest CP but other than that I'm waiting until I get some better Pokemon.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finally got this guy (originally evolved from an Oddish), and he has pretty good grass moves:

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^Great grass option, I have 2 now

Still no Flareon though lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got a Hitmonchan from a 10km egg. It's my first Chan, so I can't really complain (I haven't even seen one on my radar before):

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good grass Pokemon are very useful against all the water Pokemon at gyms.

Apparently Vileplume is based off of the largest flower in the world, the Rafflesia arnoldii (corpse flower), and the resemblance is very clear:

http://www.kew.org/science-conservation/plants-fungi/rafflesia-arnoldii-corpse-flower
I learned something today! Yay Pokemon, haha.
So true. I have a tangela that has vine whip and solar beam and that under cp'd mofo romps on water types. Hoarding dust to train him up even further.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
On a side note tho, I NEVER get anything fun from my eggs.... Literally have yet to get anything new, and 99% of them have been like weedle, zubat, or some other find-anywhere lame ones. Even my 10's blow. So frustrating.

Pretty sure my best hatch was a pinsir which j already had but only because it was stronger. Has awful moves tho so not really any worth there either.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just got my first Sandshrew from an egg

And evolved my Ekans & Cubone today already

String of egg hatches

Still really want another magmar. Even one so I can bump the CP of mine into my top 6

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So true. I have a tangela that has vine whip and solar beam and that under cp'd mofo romps on water types. Hoarding dust to train him up even further.
Haha, I have an 811 CP Tangela with vine whip and power whip, but I haven't used him at a gym yet. I'm glad my Vileplume knows two good grass moves.
Just got my first Sandshrew from an egg

And evolved my Ekans & Cubone today already

String of egg hatches

Still really want another magmar. Even one so I can bump the CP of mine into my top 6
Cubone is the only Pokemon in my Pokedex I've seen but haven't caught, haha. Arbok is pretty cool too.

My highest CP Magmar is only 757 CP, and has karate chop instead of ember, although fire blast is good. Flareon is my go to fire Pokemon ATM (1306 CP with ember and heat wave). I have an 745 CP Arcanine with even better moves, but it's hard to find Growlithes to level him up.

What are your top 6 right now?
On a side note tho, I NEVER get anything fun from my eggs.... Literally have yet to get anything new, and 99% of them have been like weedle, zubat, or some other find-anywhere lame ones. Even my 10's blow. So frustrating.

Pretty sure my best hatch was a pinsir which j already had but only because it was stronger. Has awful moves tho so not really any worth there either.
I have 82 Pinsir candy and an 1126 CP Pinsir, haha. He just doesn't have the best moves (although rock smash did get a nice boost when they changed the moves).

I caught a Nidoking with good moves, but he's only 102 CP, and last night and this morning I had a 500+ CP Eevee escape several balls and run.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My top CP's

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1471107460.239744.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm jealous of that Omastar, haha. Do your Jolteons have good charge moves? My only 1000+ CP has discharge, which sucks compared to thunder. I like the names you gave them, haha.

These are my highest CP Pokemon:

But the 6 with stars are my top-6 team (assuming no duplicate Pokemon; I don't want my team filled with Slowbros even though I have several good ones):

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So many Slowbros!!!

Woah lol, I've only seen one Slowpoke

My best Jolteon has Thunder, both others are Discharge.

Omastar is trippy, people come at me with the wrong types when I drop him in the gym, his charge move is Rock (Ancient Power)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So many Slowbros!!!

Woah lol, I've only seen one Slowpoke

My best Jolteon has Thunder, both others are Discharge.

Omastar is trippy, people come at me with the wrong types when I drop him in the gym, his charge move is Rock (Ancient Power)
There are a ton of Slowpoke in my neighborhood, and a decent amount of Slowbro as well. They are actually pretty good, with water gun or confusion for a quick move, and psychic for a charge move (ideally).

These are my Eevee evolutions:

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Jealousy rising lol

Very nice!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I like this move set
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1471109157.986069.jpg

Only fighting move on a Pokemon otherwise is a Machop...

Might invest some Stardust

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like this move set
View attachment 139086

Might invest some Stardust
That is a nice moveset. What CP is he now?

Have you ever used this page to see the DPS of moves?
https://thesilphroad.com/research

I read in multiple reliable places that there is a 1.25x STAB bonus for attacks, so a fighting type Pokemon using rock smash will do 25% more than a non-fighting type using it. Combine that with super effective only doing 1.25x damage (it was 2x for super effective and 1.5x for STAB in Gameboy games I think), and it's a strange system IMO.

Edit: there is still definitely advantages picking the right types to fight though. For example, a grass Pokemon using grass moves against water Pokemon will do 1.56x damage, while a water type using water moves against a grass type will only do 1x damage. Also, Gyrados has a double weakness to electric, so electric STAB should do basically 2x damage. Same with bug moves against Exeggutor, water and grass against Golem and Rhydon, Grass against Omastar and Kabutops, ice against Dragonite, and rock against Charazard (I found a chart, haha).