Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Take your blood pressure before you get out of bed. As soon as your moving around it will go up and influenced by a lot of things.
Yeah, but if he’s having headaches and consistently getting high readings, and red face, and his bloodwork supports top end phlebotic values, and he has been trying to crank estrogen up hard, and he was borderline before…it’s pretty likely it’s truly elevated.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah, but if he’s having headaches and consistently getting high readings, and red face, and his bloodwork supports top end phlebotic values, and he has been trying to crank estrogen up hard, and he was borderline before…it’s pretty likely it’s truly elevated.
Short of popping dbol and eating McDonalds every day, there’s not much more that I could have done to raise BP any more.

I tried rolling out of bed and immediately testing it, and still hit 140’s/90’s.

I dropped dermacrine, stopped HCG, added baby aspirin, grapefruit juice and telmisartan at 40mg/day and started actually doing cardio. I started to feel better within 2-3 days.

I ended up skipping a dose of test/primo last week too being busy with thanksgiving and I had a follow up appointment with my pcp for an unrelated issue. I didn’t want to go in there with a red face and a high BP to have him start questioning me. That morning I used my Omron machine at home first thing, 144/90 was the lowest number I saw. 10 hours later in the doctors office after having caffeine, a full day of stress and annoying traffic jams, I was at 135/85 in the doctors office!

So the telmisartan and other steps are working at lowering BP. The Dr also noted that the Omron might be off, so I’m scheduled for a follow up in early January where I will bring the machine in and do a few tests with a nurse to verify accuracy.

Other than that, this is the start of week 4 and it is going well. I look leaner and fuller than the start of the cycle and I’m up about 2-3 pounds at this point. The weights are also starting to move easier too. I am completing workouts with max lifts in squat/dead/bench/OHP at about 90% of my all time PR’s. I feel like I could hit those PR’s this week and break them next week but that would be short sighted and lead to an injury. With another 12+ weeks planned in this cycle, I’m happy with where I’m at right now, plenty of time and room to ramp up.

I am going to up the dose a little this week too, 400test/300 primo.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Between dropping Dermacrine and HCG, estrogen will be lower.

Adding 100 primo will also further lower estrogen slowly in time, likely.

You are still raising the dose prematurely (especially in the context of all the progress you just reported, everything is kicking ass). I would recommend waiting another week before upping dosage to be able to evaluate how you’re feeling now that the Dermacrine & HCG are out.

You will do whatever you want obviously, and it probably won’t matter results-wise either way, but if things are working well and peak levels aren’t fully established I wouldn’t go changing variables right away. Just my 2 cents - good luck!

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad to hear everything is working out for you bro. High blood pressure is the worst when your on. The constant sweating and breathing hard gets annoying quick

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m into week 6 on this cycle and everything is going well. I’ve seen slow, steady increases in strength and body weight every week. I had hoped for maybe more weight or strength gains by now, but I am not bloated or carrying a ton of water weight like I would on an oral cycle so I guess that’s a win. Deadlift and squat are right at the top of my strength plateau, I’m focusing on getting in good quality sets with 2-5 reps of what used to be a 1RM, so that is progress. I’m not making the progress that I thought I would on bench press, so I think I really need to focus on improving technique.

Currently taking 400 test/300 primo per week. I have plenty of both on hand, so I may look into increasing the doses again after week 10, and start anavar in weeks 12-20.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
T
I’m into week 6 on this cycle and everything is going well. I’ve seen slow, steady increases in strength and body weight every week. I had hoped for maybe more weight or strength gains by now, but I am not bloated or carrying a ton of water weight like I would on an oral cycle so I guess that’s a win. Deadlift and squat are right at the top of my strength plateau, I’m focusing on getting in good quality sets with 2-5 reps of what used to be a 1RM, so that is progress. I’m not making the progress that I thought I would on bench press, so I think I really need to focus on improving technique.

Currently taking 400 test/300 primo per week. I have plenty of both on hand, so I may look into increasing the doses again after week 10, and start anavar in weeks 12-20.
That sounds like a solid plan..like 500/ 400 or 600/ 4-500, the var finish will be a nice touch as well

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All sounds good.

Technique really matters on bench. If you give up just 2” of extra stroke to press the bar, that could be 20lbs. Literally the difference in months & months of work, or over 10lb personal bodyweight difference.

A better powerlifting technique on benchpress also greatly improves the safety by better protecting the entire shoulder girdle and pec inserts, regardless of grip width. I believe anyone training the benchpress should do so that way and just treat it as an upper body foundation builder, and use the strength built with it to raise the loads usable for more specific chest/delt/tricep hypertrophy. Ie if you are a bodybuilder who even chooses to flat bench, still use a powerlifting stance and apply the acquired strength to your dumbbell, smith, fly, extension work.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

^Good 5 minute explanation of fundamentals for anyone.

-Even feet, foot pressure
-Even grip, tight grip
-Pulling the bar out, maintain tension in lats
-Keep chest up, make a bridge that puts tension in UPPER back

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
All sounds good.

Technique really matters on bench. If you give up just 2” of extra stroke to press the bar, that could be 20lbs. Literally the difference in months & months of work, or over 10lb personal bodyweight difference.

A better powerlifting technique on benchpress also greatly improves the safety by better protecting the entire shoulder girdle and pec inserts, regardless of grip width. I believe anyone training the benchpress should do so that way and just treat it as an upper body foundation builder, and use the strength built with it to raise the loads usable for more specific chest/delt/tricep hypertrophy. Ie if you are a bodybuilder who even chooses to flat bench, still use a powerlifting stance and apply the acquired strength to your dumbbell, smith, fly, extension work.
I don’t understand that - give up 2” of extra stroke?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
All sounds good.

Didn't loui Simmons say bench pressing is actually you pushing yourself away from the bar rather than th bar away from you

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Didn't loui Simmons say bench pressing is actually you pushing yourself away from the bar rather than th bar away from you
Not sure where I heard that - that’s a very common and helpful queue (for me).

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

^Good 5 minute explanation of fundamentals for anyone.

-Even feet, foot pressure
-Even grip, tight grip
-Pulling the bar out, maintain tension in lats
-Keep chest up, make a bridge that puts tension in UPPER back
I’ve been studying and watching a lot of technique video, but that Tate video really dumbed it down for me to focus on the setup essentials. I’m a little embarrassed that I’ve been lifting this long and haven’t addressed this yet. I have scoliosis and the top 8 thoracic vertebrae do not stack right, so my shoulders/ collar bone line is not level or parallel with the floor if I’m standing - this has always made it awkward for me to feel like I’m getting proper scapular retraction on any exercise.

I had one of my best pressing sessions ever yesterday through. It was definitely the best arch and scapular retraction I’ve achieved, I’m excited to build on this for the next session. I felt confident all the way up to 1RM, and a burnout session with 135 at the end felt lighter than ever.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
New phone who dis? I’ve been away for a little while because I got a new phone and couldn’t down load the app, back in action now though with the Tapatalk app.

I’m into week 9 on the cycle and it’s going well except for a gastric virus that ran through the house over the NYE weekend.

At the end of week 8 I hit 176lbs on the scale and looked lean and full, about 10 pounds up and not looking ‘wet’. I was feeling really strong in the gym, I felt stronger than ever on squat, bench and DL. In all three exercises I hit a previous 1RM weight and got 3 reps at that weight.

I planned to try and eat my way up to 180lbs over the the holiday weekend, but the big hit really hard. I got a fever for the first time in a few years and spent a few days constantly puking and shitting. It was gross, I couldn’t keep any food down at all. I ended up loosing 10lbs and dripping down to 166lbs. I look pretty shredded right now but I feel awful. It’s like I did a cut to get on stage.

My appetite just came back so I’m ramping back up on the calories, I expect that I’ll put most of the lost ten pounds back on quick. I only ended up skipping one dose of the gear and about a week in the gym. I’m going to get back to working out tomorrow and take few days to ramp back up. I’m hoping to be back in full form by the end of week 10 and this will just be a small blip on the 20 week cycle.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New phone who dis? I’ve been away for a little while because I got a new phone and couldn’t down load the app, back in action now though with the Tapatalk app.

I’m into week 9 on the cycle and it’s going well except for a gastric virus that ran through the house over the NYE weekend.

At the end of week 8 I hit 176lbs on the scale and looked lean and full, about 10 pounds up and not looking ‘wet’. I was feeling really strong in the gym, I felt stronger than ever on squat, bench and DL. In all three exercises I hit a previous 1RM weight and got 3 reps at that weight.

I planned to try and eat my way up to 180lbs over the the holiday weekend, but the big hit really hard. I got a fever for the first time in a few years and spent a few days constantly puking and shitting. It was gross, I couldn’t keep any food down at all. I ended up loosing 10lbs and dripping down to 166lbs. I look pretty shredded right now but I feel awful. It’s like I did a cut to get on stage.

My appetite just came back so I’m ramping back up on the calories, I expect that I’ll put most of the lost ten pounds back on quick. I only ended up skipping one dose of the gear and about a week in the gym. I’m going to get back to working out tomorrow and take few days to ramp back up. I’m hoping to be back in full form by the end of week 10 and this will just be a small blip on the 20 week cycle.
Good job man…..sorry to hear about the virus, but it seems everyone has had some type of virus or another this winter. Usually when you drop weight quickly from being sick, you put it back on really quickly as well.

Last edited:

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Life has been so busy so I haven’t had any time to update the log, but I have been plugging g along with this cycle. I’m starting week 18, currently at 500 test/ 450 primo a week and have been taking 50mg anavar a day for the last 7 weeks. I was lucky enough to have some dbol thrown in to my last shipment, so before a few heavy works outs I’ve used it as PWO a handful of times too.

I thought that I would see a little more results in terms of strength and body weight gains BUT I am currently at my heaviest all time body weight without excessive bloat, and all of my lifts are at new PR’s so I cannot complain.

Looking back on the first post of this thread, I did accomplish what I had laid out. I went from 165-170lb range, lowered body fat and added lean mass up to the low 180’s.

I have a really lean, athletic look right now, more of a Hollywood look than a dirty bulk look. I hit the 180’s before on an msten cycle and a tbol cycle, both of those times I looked a lot juicy-er and got a lot more dumb comments/questions on gear usage.

Diet has been clean and consistent. I’ve been shooting for 4K calories a day, but I’ve fallen short of that several times, so I know that I’ve missed out on some weight gains as a result.

This week will be the last big push in terms of diet/lifts/gear. I have an annual physical about 8 weeks out, so I’m going to taper the primo down over the next two weeks, then drop back down to TRT only for 6 weeks before the physical.

I’d appreciate and input or advice on what I should do to maximize the end of cycle and transition back to cruise doses. I am obviously trying to minimize the inevitable roll back of size and strength.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Life has been so busy so I haven’t had any time to update the log, but I have been plugging g along with this cycle. I’m starting week 18, currently at 500 test/ 450 primo a week and have been taking 50mg anavar a day for the last 7 weeks. I was lucky enough to have some dbol thrown in to my last shipment, so before a few heavy works outs I’ve used it as PWO a handful of times too.

I thought that I would see a little more results in terms of strength and body weight gains BUT I am currently at my heaviest all time body weight without excessive bloat, and all of my lifts are at new PR’s so I cannot complain.

Looking back on the first post of this thread, I did accomplish what I had laid out. I went from 165-170lb range, lowered body fat and added lean mass up to the low 180’s.

I have a really lean, athletic look right now, more of a Hollywood look than a dirty bulk look. I hit the 180’s before on an msten cycle and a tbol cycle, both of those times I looked a lot juicy-er and got a lot more dumb comments/questions on gear usage.

Diet has been clean and consistent. I’ve been shooting for 4K calories a day, but I’ve fallen short of that several times, so I know that I’ve missed out on some weight gains as a result.

This week will be the last big push in terms of diet/lifts/gear. I have an annual physical about 8 weeks out, so I’m going to taper the primo down over the next two weeks, then drop back down to TRT only for 6 weeks before the physical.

I’d appreciate and input or advice on what I should do to maximize the end of cycle and transition back to cruise doses. I am obviously trying to minimize the inevitable roll back of size and strength.
Good job man….the gains you got on this cycle will be a lot more keepable than the Msten cycle, and with you on TRT really just try to continue the same with your workouts and diet. Don’t try to change too much for at least a couple of months, to allow your body to settle in with the new added weight, and you may fluctuate a little but you have now increased your base weight with the added muscle. You may want to add something like SNS Reduce XT for Cortisol, but mainly just stay the course of the good healthy eating and progressive workouts.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Good job! I would recommend to keep the same intensity in the gym OFF cycle as you did ON and I would also keep diet about the same, only lower if you feel you gain fat. That way you give yourself the best chance to keep as much as possible of what you just gained.

Keep pushing hard!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great job being consistent and hitting your goals!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do your best to keep the same intensity up in the gym, and largely eat nearly the same amount. If you cut anything out, cut the crap/cheats out first.

Glad you saw great results!

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I just got some blood test results back and I’m pretty happy with the post cycle numbers.

Cholesterol was dL last year before the cycle and is now down to 174mg/dL. HDL took a little bit though, it was above 60 before, now it’s at 56mg/dL. LDL is down from 118 to 104.

AST is at 38 U/L (2-50) and ALT is at 48 U/L (2-60). Both of those are some of the better readings I’ve seen since I started paying attention to those values. I was using 50 mg of anavar a day for the last 8 weeks of the cycle which is ended in March - so I’ll admit that I did consume some alcohol during the oral phase and immediately after they cycle with St Patrick’s day celebrations. I honestly expected the liver numbers to look worse.

I didn’t realize that the Dr didn’t order a CBC, so I don’t know where I’m at with H&H. Based on my consistently flush red face and ongoing BP struggles, I’m going to assume that it’s at the upper limit of the range in the best case scenario. I have another blood test due in July, so I plan to donate before then to address this.

I’m still maintaining a relatively lean 175lb frame about 10 weeks post cycle. That’s roughly a 5-7lb gain of lean mass. Calories are way down and I’m only doing light weight high rep workouts right now to give my joints a break from heavy compound training.

Overall, I’m very happy with the cycle and give a lot of credit to the knowledge I’ve learned here in regards to gear, training and support supplements. Numbers would not have been that good without taking CEL Cycle Assist, Ubiquinol, Natokinase, fish oil, NAC, SNS BP support and telmisartan.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just got some blood test results back and I’m pretty happy with the post cycle numbers.

Cholesterol was dL last year before the cycle and is now down to 174mg/dL. HDL took a little bit though, it was above 60 before, now it’s at 56mg/dL. LDL is down from 118 to 104.

AST is at 38 U/L (2-50) and ALT is at 48 U/L (2-60). Both of those are some of the better readings I’ve seen since I started paying attention to those values. I was using 50 mg of anavar a day for the last 8 weeks of the cycle which is ended in March - so I’ll admit that I did consume some alcohol during the oral phase and immediately after they cycle with St Patrick’s day celebrations. I honestly expected the liver numbers to look worse.

I didn’t realize that the Dr didn’t order a CBC, so I don’t know where I’m at with H&H. Based on my consistently flush red face and ongoing BP struggles, I’m going to assume that it’s at the upper limit of the range in the best case scenario. I have another blood test due in July, so I plan to donate before then to address this.

I’m still maintaining a relatively lean 175lb frame about 10 weeks post cycle. That’s roughly a 5-7lb gain of lean mass. Calories are way down and I’m only doing light weight high rep workouts right now to give my joints a break from heavy compound training.

Overall, I’m very happy with the cycle and give a lot of credit to the knowledge I’ve learned here in regards to gear, training and support supplements. Numbers would not have been that good without taking CEL Cycle Assist, Ubiquinol, Natokinase, fish oil, NAC, SNS BP support and telmisartan.
Honestly 5-7 pounds of " stage weight" from this cycle is really good bro. You should get happy with this results, obviously you did everything right. That's awesome