Pregnenolone

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
For those who have used it what are some of your experiences with Pregnenolone? Reasons for using it, age, and doses.

Thanks in advance...

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ve used it off and on for several years, but never really dialed in the best dose for me. I’m in my 40s and have been on TRT for a pretty long time. Pregnenolone is something that is sometimes suggested to add with your HRT protocol. I love what it does for my mood and overall sense of well being, but it usually ends up aggravating my small amount of gyno, likely through increased estrogen (or progesterone, not really sure to be honest) from the preg. I like Alpha Gainz Alpha P5, which is the same thing as Iron Legion’s Neuro P5 (same company, different line). I do like transdermals though, and these are TDs. I typically used 1ml, but think I will try 0.5 next time I give it a shot. It’s pretty cheap as it is, but maybe @thebigt has a discount code for it if you decide to give theirs a try.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve used it off and on for several years, but never really dialed in the best dose for me. I’m in my 40s and have been on TRT for a pretty long time. Pregnenolone is something that is sometimes suggested to add with your HRT protocol. I love what it does for my mood and overall sense of well being, but it usually ends up aggravating my small amount of gyno, likely through increased estrogen (or progesterone, not really sure to be honest) from the preg. I like Alpha Gainz Alpha P5, which is the same thing as Iron Legion’s Neuro P5 (same company, different line). I do like transdermals though, and these are TDs. I typically used 1ml, but think I will try 0.5 next time I give it a shot. It’s pretty cheap as it is, but maybe @thebigt has a discount code for it if you decide to give theirs a try.
THEBIGT is always good for 20% off at both iron legion and iconic formulations.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DHEA is where it's at for men. Pregnenolone causes increases in progesterone, and I can tolerate 10mg fine but otherwise it needs to go in the trash. I'm sensitive to progesterone, a female hormone. It's the source of deca dick, delayed ejaculation, gyno, etc. DHEA bypasses the whole progesterone conversion. So unless I'm on a 19-nor, 25mg DHEA and 10mg pregnenolone works for me. If I'm on a 19-nor I drop the pregnenolone. But women use pregnenolone for all sorts of things.
Interesting what you are saying here. I’ve never tried progesterone and I’m not on TRT but I read articles from some HRT doctors suggesting low dose (like1-2mg) transdermal progesterone for
men. Specially for those who don’t want to be on TRT.

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Yes pregnenolone always scared me. I have taken 7 keto dhea and loooved it! Never did plain dhea though.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
DHEA is where it's at for men. Pregnenolone causes increases in progesterone, and I can tolerate 10mg fine but otherwise it needs to go in the trash. I'm sensitive to progesterone, a female hormone. It's the source of deca dick, delayed ejaculation, gyno, etc. DHEA bypasses the whole progesterone conversion. So unless I'm on a 19-nor, 25mg DHEA and 10mg pregnenolone works for me. If I'm on a 19-nor I drop the pregnenolone. But women use pregnenolone for all sorts of things.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On TRT for ~12 years and have been taking pregnenolone for the last 8 years for the memory and mood benefits. I take 10mg sublingual eod and it keeps me near the top of the range. It is subtle when taking it because it just makes me feel like everything is firing and normal- especially on TRT. When I stop or miss some time from it, I realize it because I am little more "up and down" with mood and energy. I guess you could say that it helps regulate things.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dermacrine is a great combo of both dhea and preg + it has 7,8 benzo and trans resveratrol for anti-aromatase and additional libido benefits-always a plus in my book.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
dermacrine is a great combo of both dhea and preg + it has 7,8 benzo and trans resveratrol for anti-aromatase and additional libido benefits-always a plus in my book.
This is one of my favorite stand alone or combo supplements.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This thread just reminds me of how much I miss thebigt !! RIP my Friend !!