Pre Workout nurition schedule

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For many years I followed a pre-workout food consisting of protein and carbs (usually a shake of oat and protein and some fruits) 30 minutes to 1h prior to my workout (I workout in the evening.

Now I want to add some supplements before my workout, and I’m trying to take them away from my pre-workout nutrition (45 minutes before my workout and at least 1h/1h30 after my last meal).

So I’m thinking of doing the following:

- 2.5h pre workout: Solid food consisting of protein and carbs
- 15 minutes pre-workout, some whey hydrolisate or Peotopro or EAA+BCAA.

Any thought on this? Isn’t taking my carbs 2.5h prior to workout too far from my workout? Do you think I’ll be better served by adding some carbs during workout (just because my last pre workout meal will be 2.5h prior to my workout?

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
2.5 hours before workout is totally fine. They're stored in your body as glycogen for later use so no problem there at all. I usually carb load about 1 1/2 hours before a gym session.

As for carbs intra workout I mean there's no problem with it but unless you work out for a couple hours it's not necessary.

You just have to go with what your body needs. I've tried carbs intra workout but it made me sick so to say during workouts.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As for carbs intra workout I mean there's no problem with it but unless you work out for a couple hours it's not necessary.
I don't realy like intra workout carbs. But was just wondering if it would be better to have some since my last feed would be 2-3h pre training.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I don't realy like intra workout carbs. But was just wondering if it would be better to have some since my last feed would be 2-3h pre training.
Not needed unless your workout is an extremely long session. That timing is good, at most add in BCAAs or EAAs before/during the workout