pre-contest cycle log

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
go get em kyfra, I'm sure you look amazing and are gonna do awesome at the contest.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Dying to see what happens and THE PICS!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Your last set of pics was 2 weeks ago and you looked phenomenal. I'm sure you look even better now, so don't sweat it. You're gonna kick some major ass.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
snapped a couple of pics tonight before the digital lost it's charge.

overall, i'd have to say i'm pretty happy with where i'm at. if i don't f*** anything up this week, i should come in where i want to. no real report on the cycle. at this point i'm in survival mode. no real sides right now. i actually feel pretty decent, but i constantly feel like i'm on the verge of being sick...like my body has had enough of this crap. hopefully i can hang on a little longer.

Attachments

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
lookin damn damn good, cant wait to see the tan and it all come together wtih pics from the stage.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
lookin damn damn good, cant wait to see the tan and it all come together wtih pics from the stage.
thanks man. for as hard as i trained and dieted this time, i got super lazy with the posing and tanning. i'm going to start painting coats on wednesday, and i should be set by saturday. as for the posing...maybe i should start putting a routine together :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
hey kyfra my first contest is coming up in a few weeks and there are a few q's i'd like to ask you if you don't mind .. but i can't PM you .. would you mind emailing me at so i can ask you a few things

and post on here when you see my email addy so i can remove it, even if you don't want to help me lol ... thanks a ton man .. btw you look sick!

Last edited:
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Nice Cuts! YOu should be proud of your accomplishments.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
thanks guys. i'm trying not to get my hopes up. the quality of competition really seems to be up around here since i was active in the 90's. i competed last fall for the first time in years and basically got my ass handed to me, but i came in flat and smooth for that one. i'm much happier with how i look now.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
kyfra could edit post #60 and take my email addy outta the quote lol thanks

I just gonna say KEYFR needs to edit his quote! Hey Key, looking amazing bro....we got your back if you need the support!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
that's my excuse for just about everything nowadays lol

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
hey dr. d (if you're still following this), or anyone else for that matter, i'm starting to put my pct together in my head. i'm thinking with the length of this cycle i better not half-ass pct (not that i would anyway). i'm pretty sure i'm going to try rebound, but i was wondering if there is any advantage to stacking anti-estrogens? i have rebound, nolva, 6-oxo and formestene. i know they don't all block e through the exact same mechanism, but i'm not that familiar with them (or smart enough) to know which might stack well. if stacking isn't an option, then would staggering work? say 3-4 weeks of rebound follwed by 3-4 weeks of another compound.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
quick update...had the first show yesterday. took 3rd in a class of 11. i screwed up and went on stage way too pale for pre-judging. everyone (including the head judge) commented on it. i came back darker than anyone at night, but by then it was pointless. i spent the day thinking that my mistake might have knocked me out of the placings, but in the end it cost me, at the most, one spot. the guy who won the class was really good...so much so that he took the overall, beating out a huge heavy and superheavy. the guy in second had me in upper body thickness, i had him in legs and conditioning. like i said, my mistake might have cost me there. i'll get another shot at him next week though.

i'll be back after next week's show with pics and some final thoughts about the cycle.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great, 3rd is nothing to shy away from, I look forward to the pics.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Congrats, bro. Definitely looking forward to the pics. They are very inspirational. They give me something to work towards.

Just chiming in on whats already been said....3rd is nothing to be ashamed of, DEF looking forward to the pics! Good luck on your next show, we're all here rooting for you and here for support bro!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
congrats man! that's awesome .. i'm sure you'll take your next show with better coloring :)

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
well, as expected, the 2nd show was tougher than the first. the good news is that i did come back with better color (thank you dream tan) and beat the guy from last week. the bad news is i only took 4th in the middle's. crazy good competetion in this one. for the 2nd week in a row the middleweight won the overall (different guy this time...much better than the one from last week). i'll have pics back on wednesday and wrap this thread up then.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
here's a couple of jay cutler and one of all the guest posers...gunter, ronnie, dexter, cormier, darrem c, jay, roc shabazz, victor martinez...maybe a couple more. i can't remember.

Attachments

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
wow man you look great .. bone dry .. definitely right about your color though .. your conditioning was phenemonal now

how's the post show rebound been?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
You look tremendous Kyfra. What weight did you end up competing at? And how much of the last pounds do you think were just water?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, bro. Sweet cuts, I know that took a lot of work.

You definitely looked GREAT Keyfra! I know I have seen it at other boards but do you think we can get Bobo to create a competition section in the forum? I know I have aspirations to compete in the near future!

raylewis

Awards
wow looks like all the hard work paid off!

just out of curiosity and not knowing too much about being in "contest shape", how long can you hold that type of look or conditioning? do you gain a bunch of weight after a week or so?

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
thanks for the kind words guys. to answer some questions...i weighed 175 the first show and 174 the second. i didn't try to drop water at the end, because i wasn't really retaining any. i was only taking sd at the time. i think i could maintain that condition for a few weeks if i had another contest coming up (and i had to), but since i know i can eat again, it's tough. i'm not a naturally lean person and my body struggles at a low body fat %. i'd rather be fat and happy. right now i weigh 185 (and that's only because i've restrained myself :) ) my record is 30 lbs in 20 days. however, i think i'm going to do one more contest at middleweight in the fall, so i don't want to get too heavy. after that i'm going to take 18 months and try to compete as a light-heavy, so after that it's hello fatboy.

glenihan, after competing for 17 years i think i've finally found the perfect formula for contest tanning. it's what i'll be doing from now on.

assuming saturday morning pre-judging:

1. apply 3 coats of pro-tan throughout the day on friday
2. upon waking saturday, do not shower. instead appy another coat of pro-tan.
3. one hour before getting on stage begin to appy one coat of dream tan #2. this will take about 20 minutes. bring someone along to help...it will be a bitch by yourself. do not put your clothes back on. do not apply oil...there is enough of a sheen in the dream tan for pre-judging.
4. some of the dream tan will wear off between the morning and pre-judging. you should still be dark enough for the night show though, so only apply another coat if you really need it. you should be dry enough at night to apply oil. use a spray-on like pam and don't rub it in.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the tanning info man .. only problem as far as i'm concerned is the place that's holding the contest i'm doing doesn't allow dream tan to be applied on the premises (i guess i don't blame them, the **** can get everywhere) ..
do you shower at any time after applying the first coat friday?

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Not to jump in, as I do not have the experince of our friend here - but I had great luck with protan being spray tanned - I did it Wensday - showered light , then again Thursday, then again light shower - and Friday - no shower. By Sat morning the tan was thick, you could spray hot stuff on or pam, and you could ware clothes to the show, and not mess with the tan between prejudging and the night show. Just a thought for you - good luck