Prayers for Puccah

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some of you may or may not know that @puccah8808 is in critical condition and likely currently on a ventilator due to recently contracting COVID-19. From what we know, she became ill on 9/26. On Saturday 10/2 she was rushed to the ER and by Sunday 10/3 she was requiring 60% oxygen. On Tuesday 10/5 she was requiring 100% oxygen, and was hoping she could stay off a ventilator. We haven’t heard from her since, which more than likely means she is currently on a ventilator at 39 years old.

I thought it would be nice to make people aware and also put her in all of our thoughts for a healthy recovery. Before she became ill, she had requested that I post some pictures of the fall foliage here in Maine. I went out today to do that, so these are for her.

Please join me to show your support for Puccah in any way you see fit...

*** To the dismay of us all, @love2liftkat has informed us that Puccah passed away on the very day this thread was created. RIP Puccah 10/08/2021 😔

D700C850-8635-4FE4-BDA4-CF37D0E33E17.jpeg

F3BDD7DD-3F36-42F8-B9AE-58C8BD4AEF33.jpeg

BFC41F80-2699-434F-A57C-F85FD2C082CF.jpeg

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro this is the best thread ever! Prayer for Puccah!! I hope and pray she pulls through. Thanks for making this thread rick10!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sad to see this happen to one of us. Prayers to her and her family.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks to everyone for joining so far! I wasn’t sure how this would go over but I was definitely hoping for a positive response..

Here are quotes from Puccah in the thread that made us aware of what was going on..
Welp, I’m sick… but I have homework due in 3 hours, and work tomorrow. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think it’s just the flu….
I was rushed to the ER this am. Oxygen level was at 84-85%. Nurse said it was a good thing I came in and suffered for too many days. Chest/lung X-rays are not looking good either. This Covid stuff….
Hi everyone,

I got transferred into the icu yesterday after spending a day and a half waiting for a room in the ER. I’ve been going back and forth between the c-pat and the regular breathing machine. I’m trying my best to not to get put on a ventilator.

My numbers drop quite often on the breathing machine, depending on my movements or if I’m eating/coughing.

It’s easier for me to sleep with a c-pat so I don’t have to breathe as hard.

I’m really scared, guys. @ricky, do I sound like I’m getting better?

Thank you for all your thoughts and concerns. This is so scary.
Oxygen usage is at 100%, they keep wanting me off the machines and get on the ventilator. I am going to die people… help me.
I will post more pictures of the foliage for her as the days go by. It’s certainly not at it’s peak yet…

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just saw it in the other thread yesterday where Puccah told about her situation 😔 Keeping her in my thoughts and wishing for strenght ❤

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great stuff guys….keep it coming! I can’t stop thinking about her, I feel so bad..

Meanwhile, I’m off to work. Hope everyone has a great day!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@puccah8808 Your are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Puccah is a massive part of the AM family, I’m genuinely upset she’s going through this and praying for good news soon.

thoughts are with you puccah, your strong as **** physically and mentally. I know you got this xx

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
A huge rainbow over lake windermere from my recent holiday and a view from mt snowdon few months ago, you'll see many beautiful sights when you get better, i know you're gonna be fine! Best wishes @puccah8808IMG-20210929-WA0005.jpegIMG-20210829-WA0003.jpeg

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Praying hard!! It's crazy, I have better relationships here than out in public.. This community has been more of a family. I never like seeing family ill..
Praying for you, @puccah8808 you got this girl!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys…thank you so much for doing this! Unfortunately I just got a text from her brother letting me know she passed yesterday. She was one of a kind and my heart breaks that she’s gone! She made an incredible impact every where she went! I know my life has forever been changed because of the friend she was to me!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys…thank you so much for doing this! Unfortunately I just got a text from her brother letting me know she passed yesterday. She was one of a kind and my heart breaks that she’s gone! She made an incredible impact every where she went! I know my life has forever been changed because of the friend she was to me!!
oh Jesus no. I’m devastated. I don’t know what to say. I know you two were so close kat, so sorry for your loss x

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is horrible....i'm very sad.

sorry for you Kat...please let her brother know how much she meant to us here at AM.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
****!!!!! Just goes to show you how serious this virus is. Yea you may know people who had mild or no symptoms from Covid but that does NOT mean you won’t. If you’re not vaccinated wear an N95 mask because those cloth masks aren’t doing anything for you. Puccah should still be alive. I don’t know why she waited so long to seek treatment but if you start feeling symptoms get tested and start treatment ASAP! Go to a hospital! Don’t wait. If there are monoclonal antibody treatment sites in your area go there first

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
oh Jesus no. I’m devastated. I don’t know what to say. I know you two were so close kat, so sorry for your loss x
Thank you. There just are no words! Just so broken!!

this is horrible....i'm very sad.

sorry for you Kat...please let her brother know how much she meant to us here at AM.
Thank you…I will!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh my god you guys…I really can’t believe this. I knew she was up against a massive battle but I didn’t expect at all to come home and discover this. Many of you may know that I work with COVID patients so I see this all the time. However, we have never lost a single person this quickly, or anyone this young. Such a tragedy…

I don’t really know what else to say. You guys said it all…

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ladies and Gentlemen - when we face the reality of things like this, please let it resonate - this life we have is not a dress rehearsal. Please remember to reach out to those you love, especially of there has been friction or distance.

I hope she did the same with her family. I really do.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh my god you guys…I really can’t believe this. I knew she was up against a massive battle but I didn’t expect at all to come home and discover this. Many of you may know that I work with COVID patients so I see this all the time. However, we have never lost a single person this quickly, or anyone this young. Such a tragedy…

I don’t really know what else to say. You guys said it all…
I’m shook. So sad

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
...... Really don't know what to say here :( I of course understod the seriousness of the situation, but still didn't believe this to happen.. I'm so sad for everyone involved. God bless you all and god bless Puccah and her family. I want to believe she's in a good place now, what ever that may mean for our understanding.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
RIP my friend !

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Terrible news, puccah was a fixture here at AM. Hope that she, her family, and friends find some peace.