Potassium Nitrate

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Would taking condense with potassium nitrate be stupid.. They're both kinda the same thing, right? Obviously iforce has more in the serving
You're trying to stack them?
I could possibly see going 2 caps with 1 scoop of condense.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Will too much vitamin c negate the effects of potassium nitrate? I take around 6-12g a day during the winter months

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
That's a lot homie! I'm pretty sure you're not absorbing all of the Vit C, more likely you're just peeing it out.
I usually stick to 6g a day spread out throughout the day in 2g doses and only up
It when I feel a cold coming on and it always helped me out. But high levels won't mess with the positive effects if PN will they?

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Also is it a general consensus that PN increases strength?

Nyrin

Awards
Also is it a general consensus that PN increases strength?
Strength? No, that's not really well-substantiated. Bloodflow, time to exhaustion, oxygen utilization and so on are well-documented, though. Nitrates generally make things work more efficiently without substantially enhancing peak power output.

On the other hand, I think there was at least one ex vivo study of murine tissues that found contractile strength of fibers to be a little higher with nitrate supplementation; that hasn't translated to in vivo results, though, particularly in humans.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Strength? No, that's not really well-substantiated. Bloodflow, time to exhaustion, oxygen utilization and so on are well-documented, though. Nitrates generally make things work more efficiently without substantially enhancing peak power output. On the other hand, I think there was at least one ex vivo study of murine tissues that found contractile strength of fibers to be a little higher with nitrate supplementation; that hasn't translated to in vivo results, though, particularly in humans.
interesting, I was just asking because OP seemed to get nice increases in strength from PN, over doubling some of his reps on bench but I didn't really see anyone else comment on strength related benefits

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
interesting, I was just asking because OP seemed to get nice increases in strength from PN, over doubling some of his reps on bench but I didn't really see anyone else comment on strength related benefits
the perceived strength could just be mistaken endurance + placebo.

dbenj7

Awards
Same here on both counts. For me, that is a good thing because pumps have always seemed to hinder my workouts. For me, the mental aspect is by far the best part about agmatine and think that people may not realize it is why they like it so much since they concentrate on the pump so much.
I have noticed this as well. What is your favourite brand of agmatine? I need to purchase some more