Post-Shoulder Surgery - Still in Pain

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Had a DCE and shoulder decompression for an arthiritic AC Joint on my right shoulder back in September 2022. It's been about 3.5 months and my range of motion is practically 100%. Therapy has gone well and now I'm getting back in the gym. I'm on my 2nd week of working out and did chest/shoulders tonight. I had a little bit of soreness going into it and felt a lot of pain doing incline bench and shoulder presses. Its a stabbing type pain at the AC joint that radiates to my front shoulder and almost gives me a pin like feeling that runs down my arm. My shoulder also feels pretty unstable like something is going to rupture if I go too deep with the bar or heavy weight. I'm still noticing tightness along my right collar bone that doesn't want to go away. Is this common or do I need to see my shoulder doctor to see what is going on. He was confident he provided me space between my clavicle and AC area.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for what you’re going through. I can’t comment on whether what your experiencing is common. But I can make a training suggestion. Rather than using a pronated grip when bench or overhead pressing, try a neutral grip which should be more shoulder friendly. Hopefully your gym has a multi-grip Swiss bar. If not then use dumbbells with a neutral grip.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You have to take it really slow. I did not attempt to flat press 135lbs x 1 rep until 10 months after my surgery and I repped 3 plates pre surgery. You did not indicate what weights you are using, but please go very light and work on getting in volume and better an better depth (ROM) through the shoulder movements you are doing. You have to retrain the shoulder physically and neuroglically - like you have a brand new shoulder. Keep doing your therapy exercises while you introduce the shoulder to these brand new movements. Some discomfort is ok / Pain is not ok. Push that edge slowly and you will advance and be fine. Good luck!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First if it really hurts during the movement stop. There is a difference between pain and discomfort. Discomfort is okay, pain is not, at least when under load. I just had a SLAP 2 repair, with a torn RC shaved down, and some bursitis removed at th AC joint and my biceps tendon reattached on the front of my arm. At 3.5 months it would hurt post training and get sore but only discomfort during training. I am at 5 months now and making progress but if something hurts I stop it and try something else that doesn't. I am making nice progress now but I have to be very reactive to how things feel and take good notes on my workouts so I know what is and isn't an issue as well as retesting regularly. I didn't even touch a barbell until a few weeks ago. Just wasn't worth the risk.

You should probably avoid barbell work for a little bit while you re-strengthen the area and the stabilizer muscles. A lot of that may work itself out. I now mine did.

Also, you should definitely go back and see your physical therapist and see what they say. They will be able to work you a little and guide you more safely. However if you can't your biggest rule is if it hurts during doing an exercise stop. Discomfort is fine but it should also improve as the workout goes on, things get warm and more malleable. Remember where cartilage is involved it can take 6-8 months for it to finish healing, not too much you can do about that, just not enough circulation in cartilage to heal much faster.

Good luck Brother!

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the responses from you guys. I'm more frustrated at my doctor's nonchalant comment about this type of AC joint procedure. Pretty much telling me after 7-8 weeks most people are back lifting weights again. Based on what I see from YouTube channels and others who have had the procedure, my doctors comments are a bit out of touch with reality. I will just need to take it easy and not just jump into it again, I think some doctors today need to withhold their own opinions.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Appreciate the responses from you guys. I'm more frustrated at my doctor's nonchalant comment about this type of AC joint procedure. Pretty much telling me after 7-8 weeks most people are back lifting weights again. Based on what I see from YouTube channels and others who have had the procedure, my doctors comments are a bit out of touch with reality. I will just need to take it easy and not just jump into it again, I think some doctors today need to withhold their own opinions.
Your body is telling you he is wrong. I agree to get a good Physio to see every few weeks or so to help you map out appropriate strengthening. I did push ups off high blocks and graduated to lower blocks etc… and tons of band work in every direction. I got back to doing more pulling stuff before doing much pressing. I did not touch a barbell/ dumbbell until I could do 25 full push ups nice and tight. You got one shot at this. You don’t want more surgery and the area is primed for injury.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Well good news. Tonight was back night and lat pulldowns used to be a problem for me with my AC joint. No pain whatsoever on lat pulldowns or hardly any of the back exercises. My problem seems to be pushing and not pulling of the joint.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry for what you’re going through. I can’t comment on whether what your experiencing is common. But I can make a training suggestion. Rather than using a pronated grip when bench or overhead pressing, try a neutral grip which should be more shoulder friendly. Hopefully your gym has a multi-grip Swiss bar. If not then use dumbbells with a neutral grip.
This is a very good idea, as they say Been There Done This !!

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the advice on neutral grip. I'm not going for barbell exercises until I'm completely healed. Dumbbell exercises seem to be the best for my shoulder right now but low weight, 10-12 rep range. Other advice I wanted to share, after speaking with a trainer at my gym I mentioned to him about my AC Joint surgery and still in pain 4 months after. Apparently there isn't a great amount of blood flow in the AC Joint area to promote rapid healing unfortunately. I can believe this as for having a bone shaved down its surprising the healing just hasn't happened. We aren't talking about tendons or ligaments, its the clavicle bone itself causing inflammation. He said it will heal but will always be a sensitive area for me and will need to watch it in the future.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you tried a higher rep range (18-20) to try and push a little more blood to the area ?

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Problem I'm having now is upper bicep pain and is as painful as my AC Joint area in my right shoulder. I'm going to get another opinion as the physical therapy I'm doing isn't helping hardly at all anymore. I've been doing PT now for over 7 weeks.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Problem I'm having now is upper bicep pain and is as painful as my AC Joint area in my right shoulder. I'm going to get another opinion as the physical therapy I'm doing isn't helping hardly at all anymore. I've been doing PT now for over 7 weeks.
Pain and instability are par for the course unless your doing something to irritate it. What exactly are u doing at this point and what do u think may be irritating it or where it’s lacking?

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
It's really a good question. I'm slowly trying to get back into the gym and having pain with pushing exercises like bench press, military press. Bicep curl exercises cause some pain but no one is giving me an answer of what I need to do.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's really a good question. I'm slowly trying to get back into the gym and having pain with pushing exercises like bench press, military press. Bicep curl exercises cause some pain but no one is giving me an answer of what I need to do.
How many weeks since surgery? It takes about 6 months to be 80 percent. And 8/9 months to 100 percent / meaning your ready to start progressing your bench press toward 50 percent of whatever your 80 percent used to be. So if your max was 200lbs, you would be working toward using 80lbs. The upper bicep pain is demonstrating that the shoulder is not stable enough for what your trying to do (and this is putting stress on the surgery and other parts of your shoulder). Your moving too fast. Step back. No Physio would have you doing any traditional exercises like your doing with more than a bar until at least 4 months. The protocol is tons of high rep band work in all directions / range of motion work and other stability challenging exercises. At about 3-4 months, Push ups off a yoga block progressing lower over many weeks until your able to do 5 easy sets of 20 full push-ups in 10 minutes - long before u would ever think of using a barbell.

Don’t mess up your surgery and mess up other parts of your shoulder - like the bicep tendon / rotator cuff tendons by going to quick.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How quickly did you start straightening your arm out after your surgery? My first shoulder surgery I didn't straighten it immediately and the tendon stayed tight for months. I had to really work on my biceps extension and shoulder mobility to get passed it. I wasn't able to really start pushing the weights until I recovered most of the ROM.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
What is frustrating is my physical therapy isn't improving my situation and just taking money from my pocket. I need a form of therapy that pushes me in the right direction. I feel like I'm only regressing and not building strength or stability. I'm going for a 2nd opinion tomorrow and will let you know what my next steps are.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is frustrating is my physical therapy isn't improving my situation and just taking money from my pocket. I need a form of therapy that pushes me in the right direction. I feel like I'm only regressing and not building strength or stability. I'm going for a 2nd opinion tomorrow and will let you know what my next steps are.
If you are paying out of pocket make sure you are getting your moneys worth !!

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
You got that right. I also don't like therapy clinics where the secretary pushes you about making appointments 2-3 weeks in advance. It's a business but I would think they would want to run a business not to keep patients lingering on but want to eventually graduate from their care.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Really glad I got a 2nd opinion. What the doctor said is I have the classic symptoms of weight lifters who have AC joint issues and develop biceps tendinopathy. Oddly enough on the X rays I have some calcification at the top of the bicep before it makes a 90 degree turn at the shoulder. Kind of bums me out but doctor is hopeful a tendonesis is a potential good option.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Really glad I got a 2nd opinion. What the doctor said is I have the classic symptoms of weight lifters who have AC joint issues and develop biceps tendinopathy. Oddly enough on the X rays I have some calcification at the top of the bicep before it makes a 90 degree turn at the shoulder. Kind of bums me out but doctor is hopeful a tendonesis is a potential good option.
I got tendonesis done when they did my rotator cuff. It worked well, but its a lonnnng recovery. Like 8 months to be 100% and really easy to fk it up if you don't graduate slowly. Mine is doing super good. Lots of banded shoulder work with hi reps is the key breaking up the calcification in the meantime and strenghthening it after and for like.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Yep he mentioned tenodesis but he mentioned a 6 week recovery. Kind of wish doctors were more honest about recovery than what I've been experiencing.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep he mentioned tenodesis but he mentioned a 6 week recovery. Kind of wish doctors were more honest about recovery than what I've been experiencing.
Recovery for the general population usually means being able to perform normal everyday tasks, which is different than recovery which enables a individual to engage in strenuous weight training. That’s the reason why I go to ortho/sports medicine docs who treat predominantly athletes rather than sedentary folks.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm going to bring that up to this doctor once he provides me with my results. I did rounds of BPC and TB and didn't see much benefit honestly. I'm a bit self loathing right now because I'm going on a potential 7th surgery in my 39 years I've been alive. Everything from scoliosis fusion, disc replacement, AC joint surgery, hernia. To me it's like when does it stop. Doctors admittedly really don't care as it's their job to fix people but they also create more problems.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'm going to bring that up to this doctor once he provides me with my results. I did rounds of BPC and TB and didn't see much benefit honestly. I'm a bit self loathing right now because I'm going on a potential 7th surgery in my 39 years I've been alive. Everything from scoliosis fusion, disc replacement, AC joint surgery, hernia. To me it's like when does it stop. Doctors admittedly really don't care as it's their job to fix people but they also create more problems.
Good grief. That’s way more surgeries than one should have in a lifetime, let alone by age 39.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holly Cow! I'm 64, I had my tonsils removed when I was 6, and Carpal Tunnel at about 40, I guess I have be lucky !!

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
My surgeon did not even allow Physio for 8 weeks and because of the bicep tendon reattachment and not the rotator cuff which is 6 weeks to start Physio (i tenodesis and rotator cuff to be exact) the bicep is super prone to Re tearing cause of lack of blood flow and what it does. I only was allowed to lift the arm up and down for 8 weeks. It’s 6 months to 80 percent meaning you can do everyday stuff and lift the weights given to you in Physio - not the weights u do in the gym. At 8 months I was pressing a plate (where I was pressing 265 pre surgery). It takes everyone a long time for tendon to glue itself to bone - no one recovers any quicker unless maybe your doing stem cell replacement (which only helps a bit if u look a strongman who are out a year when they have a bicep reattached).

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you live in the US? Here in America we make our money by keeping people sick, Injured and compliant. You need to find a Dr. That loves his job and cares about his patients. It's easier said then done unfortunately.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely do tenodosis not tenotomy so you can lift better and less likely to have pain or biceps deformation. I had this with my SLAP Repair and RC surgery on 8/22/22. I went to a sports medicine specialized ortho and was able to begin training my biceps a lot earlier than @botk1161. Like him, I was not allowed to curl anything but my empty hand the first 8 weeks then start using it normally from then on. On the 3rd month I was released to train lightly, and told I could move up as I was able to but to spend 2 months in the 15-20 rep range. That by 6 months I should be able to train hard and not to have much to worry about regarding pain from the surgery. Here I am at 6 months almost exactly and I am benching 225x5 on my 5th working set, and able to curls 85lbs with my ez curl bar for 15 reps.

I think it has a lot more to do with how comfortable your doctor feels with allowing you to push things. I told him to treat me as if I was a professional athlete that needed to get back to work. So he gave me guidance like he would someone in that situation.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely do tenodosis not tenotomy so you can lift better and less likely to have pain or biceps deformation. I had this with my SLAP Repair and RC surgery on 8/22/22. I went to a sports medicine specialized ortho and was able to begin training my biceps a lot earlier than @botk1161. Like him, I was not allowed to curl anything but my empty hand the first 8 weeks then start using it normally from then on. On the 3rd month I was released to train lightly, and told I could move up as I was able to but to spend 2 months in the 15-20 rep range. That by 6 months I should be able to train hard and not to have much to worry about regarding pain from the surgery. Here I am at 6 months almost exactly and I am benching 225x5 on my 5th working set, and able to curls 85lbs with my ez curl bar for 15 reps.

I think it has a lot more to do with how comfortable your doctor feels with allowing you to push things. I told him to treat me as if I was a professional athlete that needed to get back to work. So he gave me guidance like he would someone in that situation.
That's awesome progress. Well at 55, I don't want anymore shoulder / bicep surgery's, so I took my time for the first time in my life actually and am reaping the rewards right now. I rushed so many other surgeries and paid the price later - not this time. My shoulder / bicep is now better than it was when I was 30. I am going down to do the other side less the bicep in March. Getting the 55 thousand mile tune up lol

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate everyone's comments. Yes I live in the United States and unfortunately face the problems of a capitalist world and its influence on the medical community. As I explained to my wife I wasn't dealt a good hand with severe scoliosis as an adolescent. It's degenerating multiple areas of my body much faster than I anticipated. Scoliosis effects shoulder blade stability and thus it was inevitable I would have shoulder issues one day. What's been my experience so far with procedures, esp. in the orthopedic realm is one surgery will cause another surgery. At least in my experience. I told my wife it might just start making sense to start enduring the pain and stop procedures with physical therapy. My doctor can swear up and down this won't cause other procedures if I get a tenodesis in my right bicep. Unfortunately my case is more complicated than just myopically focusing on one joint at a time. Bodybuilding has always been a passion of mine but I'm starting to see consequences of working harder than my body allows.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I appreciate everyone's comments. Yes I live in the United States and unfortunately face the problems of a capitalist world and its influence on the medical community. As I explained to my wife I wasn't dealt a good hand with severe scoliosis as an adolescent. It's degenerating multiple areas of my body much faster than I anticipated. Scoliosis effects shoulder blade stability and thus it was inevitable I would have shoulder issues one day. What's been my experience so far with procedures, esp. in the orthopedic realm is one surgery will cause another surgery. At least in my experience. I told my wife it might just start making sense to start enduring the pain and stop procedures with physical therapy. My doctor can swear up and down this won't cause other procedures if I get a tenodesis in my right bicep. Unfortunately my case is more complicated than just myopically focusing on one joint at a time. Bodybuilding has always been a passion of mine but I'm starting to see consequences of working harder than my body allows.
Surgery always comes with a cost. I am finding that if i dig deeper and keep diggingn (I am almost 56 now), I can find non surgical solutions to things like tenodesis. If the shoulder is more stable, the bicep will bother you less and the "junk" attached to the tendon will actually be able to be removed via movement. High rep banded shoulder exercises (the same ones you do in post surgery physio and many others) and other stabilization exercises like carries with a kettlebell work wonders - and are what your one would have to do anyways - post surgery if they have a hope of the area getting better - let alone better than it was pre-surgery and say 10 years ago. I have fixed so many weak points in my body using this through process - its amazing. As a aging powerlifter, weak points get exposed. If they are not addressed and crushed, I am done. Good luck brother.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. That is well said. Part of me just thinks adding a small dose of Deca to my next cycle would get me through the pain and with building strength should start healing any micro tearing at the bicep.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a lot of pain in my shoulders. But as a owner operator of a blue collar business I can't afford the time down. Deca can heal ?

I have some laying around and not using due to everything I've read says either you bloat up like crazy or get deca d1ck.
Resorted to glucosamine chondroitin and I've ordered a shoulder sling off amazon. Wish I could barbell bench again. Nothing is better than a great bench day. Still can get after with dumbells. I guess you take what you can and be grateful.
Good look with your recovery bro.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a lot of pain in my shoulders. But as a owner operator of a blue collar business I can't afford the time down. Deca can heal ?

I have some laying around and not using due to everything I've read says either you bloat up like crazy or get deca d1ck.
Resorted to glucosamine chondroitin and I've ordered a shoulder sling off amazon. Wish I could barbell bench again. Nothing is better than a great bench day. Still can get after with dumbells. I guess you take what you can and be grateful.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Deca is known to reduce joint pain at low doses like 100mg per week. You won’t get deca dick on this amount. Deca is the long ester so it takes a few weeks to kick in and if you get side effects, it can a long time to wash out of your system. I would recommend the sort ester “nandolone” which acts quicker and will wash out in a week if you get side effects. However I probably won’t get any side effects on 100mg of either. It’s not a long term solution imo but people do run it long term. Look up deca or nandrolone for pain you tube.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There is a place called QC Kinetics here in Houston that does PRP injections (Platelet Rich Plasma) into the affected areas and it is supposed to help quite a bit. It's something that has been big for a while with professional athletes and is now making it way down to the layman.

Might be worth looking into. Basically they take yur blood and spin it in a centrifuge to separate the RBC from the platelets and plasma then inject the concentrated plasma into the area drastically improving healing. Might be worth a shot if you can find someone around you that will do these as well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is a place called QC Kinetics here in Houston that does PRP injections (Platelet Rich Plasma) into the affected areas and it is supposed to help quite a bit. It's something that has been big for a while with professional athletes and is now making it way down to the layman.

Might be worth looking into. Basically they take yur blood and spin it in a centrifuge to separate the RBC from the platelets and plasma then inject the concentrated plasma into the area drastically improving healing. Might be worth a shot if you can find someone around you that will do these as well.
I could do that, Draw some blood, put in on the tire balancer and that shoot it back in, Easy, Pesy

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I'm now in a bit of a dilemma and not sure what to do. Based on the MRI report of my right shoulder some fluid showed up near my AC joint area which is common after a DCE and decompression surgery. My bicep area showed no abnormalities. My doctor seems puzzled and tells me his opinion is an MRI doesn't show everything and still recommends an arthroscopic tenodesis. My gut tells me he just wants to do surgery for the heck of it. I told him I'm a bit hesitant to do this and after many prior surgeries I'm not going to undergo something and then there be no issue at all. I don't understand why bursitis didn't show up. It's painful at my glenohumeral joint area.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
imo, if the tendon is in the bicep groove and it is not shredded, then you can get rid of the "junk" which is calcification and alignement of the tendon on your own. I am pretty damm sure that if your shoulder and upper back is given the right stimulus - this will disappear. I am just about to get my other shoulder done and I am not getting tenodesis on this side cause everything is intact. You don't do tenodesis when everything is intact (bicep is in the groove and it is not shredded) where I come from (Canada).

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I have an appointment next week with an outstanding physical is is therapist in my area. He does dry way way wayside ⁴way and I still feel that my AC joint is the cause of my pain and not my bicep. AC joint pain even if it is healing happen happen happen nnot causes front shoulder pain. P r¾

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Definitely feeling more pain in my upper bicep area now. Since nothing showed up on the MRI I'm wondering if the tendonitis is still in early stages and PRP could be a viable option for me. Anyone get PRP for bicep tendonitis and have positive results?

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely feeling more pain in my upper bicep area now. Since nothing showed up on the MRI I'm wondering if the tendonitis is still in early stages and PRP could be a viable option for me. Anyone get PRP for bicep tendonitis and have positive results?
Proper movement and exercise selection is what you should be focused on. All the procedures in the world won't fix the alignement of the tendon within the shoulder.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PRP lol

Bone pain after SA decompression takes a long time quite frequently.

Doc can make that tendon look better on an MRI via surgery. So that's the service he's offering. He has no idea if that's causing ur pain. If he thought the calcification was so important, why didn't he clean it up with the first procedure?

I believe u need scapular stability and to slow your roll with gym expectations for a few months.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Yes I definitely think that's what I need to do right now. An upcoming visit to a PT will definitely be what I need to do. The doctor who performed my DCE is only taking workers comp patients so I just had a 2nd opinion. Scapular instability is really my underlying problem.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure not every physical therapy clinics are the same but I've had bad experiences up to this point. My health insurance stopped covering me last year after 20 visits and the clinic I was at really didn't care. They just kept asking for additional visits to be approved by my doctor and my doctor blindly kept accepting. I'm going to tell my shoulder doctor today I'm not going to a PT clinic again that would rather keep me for additional visits than to get me better and allow me to be discharged. PT is really commercialized and feeds off greed to say the least.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I had a really good visit today with the doctor. First thing he came off saying was he apologized for sounding pushy over the phone about having surgery on my bicep. He said all my rotator cuff muscles look really good, I'm healing well from my AC shoulder surgery last September and I most likely have bicep tendonitis. Most intense pain near the superior tuberosity. I told him about why I'm leery of ever stepping foot in a PT office again and he let me know the office that I've been going to is notorious for keeping patients around just to drain my bank account. Why aren't these places further investigated is my question? Anyway he works close with a PT that only has me going for 2 days for 4 weeks and then to stop. If no improvement, we do surgery. I also have scapular dyskinesia due to scoliosis and I know its directly causing this bicep strain. I am taking adequan now and want to see if it helps with the healing. About to get on Nandrolone 100mg and with my PT hope I won't have another surgery.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good luck my friend !

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had a really good visit today with the doctor. First thing he came off saying was he apologized for sounding pushy over the phone about having surgery on my bicep. He said all my rotator cuff muscles look really good, I'm healing well from my AC shoulder surgery last September and I most likely have bicep tendonitis. Most intense pain near the superior tuberosity. I told him about why I'm leery of ever stepping foot in a PT office again and he let me know the office that I've been going to is notorious for keeping patients around just to drain my bank account. Why aren't these places further investigated is my question? Anyway he works close with a PT that only has me going for 2 days for 4 weeks and then to stop. If no improvement, we do surgery. I also have scapular dyskinesia due to scoliosis and I know its directly causing this bicep strain. I am taking adequan now and want to see if it helps with the healing. About to get on Nandrolone 100mg and with my PT hope I won't have another surgery.
I agree 100 percent that the scapular issue is causing the bicep issue. Like I said earlier, upper and mid back work to pin the scap back and tighten that area up should be the focus. Imo, the noted surgery to your bicep will only make you weaker and not do a thing to make your bicep feel better. Focusing on the bicep in PT will not fix the bicep.