Post Cycle Therapy: A User's Guide

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
The two that immediately come to mind are a greater chance of losing more of what he gained on cycle, and T levels not recovering to what they were before cycle.
Didn't realize your test may not recover all the way, dang. I will try to persuade him to use clomid in his PCT.... again.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump for the newer guys here.

Johnjaychaves

Awards
Bump for the newer guys here.
Hey Yates,

I am going to start on your gyno reversal. I have some mild gyno, no hard lumps behind my nipples but they are noticeably more puffy than before. I have been working out for 7 years and I’m not overweight and no matter how lean I get they’re still puffy. Would you still recommend the same Ralox - 120 mg Ed and exemestane 12.5 mg eod protocol?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey Yates,

I am going to start on your gyno reversal. I have some mild gyno, no hard lumps behind my nipples but they are noticeably more puffy than before. I have been working out for 7 years and I’m not overweight and no matter how lean I get they’re still puffy. Would you still recommend the same Ralox - 120 mg Ed and exemestane 12.5 mg eod protocol?
He hasn't been on the forum in almost a year.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Yates,

Yates isn’t around anymore. My advice would be to first have your estro levels checked. Exemestane is a suicidal AI so you don’t want to risk decimating your Estrogen completely. You need a baseline reading. Then I would begin with the Raloxifene as outlined if Estro isn’t near the bottom of the healthy range then you could add it in at 12.5 mg EOD or even every 2-3 days, dependent upon where your Estrogen sits at the beginning. Is this gyno pre-pubertal or related to AAS usage?

glocaveli

Awards
When any exogenous hormone (such as SARM's, anabolic androgenic steriods, pro-hormones, or designer steroids) is used, your natural testosterone production will be suppressed. When the use of these exogenous hormones is discontinued natural testosterone production will still be suppressed, and if left to recover naturally will take an extended period of time. A PCT, or post cycle therapy, is used to help the recovery process happen much faster.
The backbone of every PCT should be a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator), such as Nolva or Clomid. Be careful NOT to confuse SERM with SARM (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator). SARM's, as previously stated, are suppressive. Thus, they will NOT help in the recovery process. A SERM is very effective at stimulating the pituitary gland to release more luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone. As a result, the testicles will be stimulated to produce more testosterone. The hormone that was used while on cycle plays a big factor in when to start PCT. SARM's, Pro-hormones, and designer steroids all have a short half life (usually 24 hrs or less). So, PCT needs to be started the day after your last cycle dose. Anabolic androgenic steroids are different, because of the esters used to prolong half life. With large ester AAS's, the user will want to wait 14-18 days before beginning PCT. While for smaller ester AAS's it is recommended the user wait 3-5 days before beginning their PCT.
There is an important rule when cycling exogenous hormones....time on cycle + PCT = time off cycle. This allows the body to reach homeostasis again, and stay that way for a an appropriate amount of time. Following this rule allows for the least amount of strain on the HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis), and lessoning the chance of permanent HPTA shutdown. PCT should NOT be used if the user plans to use any exogenous hormones sooner than time on + PCT = time off . It is better to leave testosterone levels low, rather than "roller-coaster" the natural hormones up and down. To "roller-coaster" the hormones can put a lot of stress on the body and can permanently damage the HPTA.
There are OTC (over the counter) PCT options also available. These are usually all-in-one supplements that help boost testosterone, but can also help encourage healthy blood pressure levels and lipid profile. These are great supplements to use IN ADDITION TO a SERM. SERM's are pharmaceutical grade drugs that require a doctor's prescription to obtain. There are some "gray area" ways of obtaining a SERM, but more independent research will need to be done, on the user's behalf, on this option.
Aromatase inhibitors, or AI's, are another popular PCT tool. Aromatase inhibitors bind to the aromatase enzyme. Which, in turn, keeps the body from turning testosterone into estrogen. Controlling estrogen is very important during PCT. When estrogen levels are low, luteinizing hormone rises. As a result, the testes are signaled to make more testosterone so that the testosterone can be turned into estrogen. When estrogen is too high, luteinizing hormone is lowered causing testosterone production to decline.
There are 2 types of aromatase inhibitors....irreversible and reversible. Irreversible AI's (exemestane, armistane) permanently bind to the aromatase enzyme, permanently deactivating it. As a result, this means there is less of a chance of rebound. So, and irreversible AI is best suited for PCT. Reversible AI's (anastrazole, letrozole) are non-steroidal and inhibit the synthesis of estrogen, through reversible competition for the aromatase enzyme. Reversible AI's are better suited for on cycle, and being used in conjunction with aromatizing AAS's, PH's, and DS's.

SERM Descriptions and Dosing

Clomid - Clomiphene citrate is a first generation SERM that is very powerful and has a high affinity for the estrogen receptor. Clomid is mainly used for PCT, since it is not optimal for gyno protection. One should be aware that Clomid can cause emotional side effects.
PCT dosing
Clomid - 50/50/25/25

Nolvadex - tamoxifen citrate is a first generation SERM that is very powerful and has a high affinity for the estrogen receptor, more specifically in breast tissue. Nolva can help restart the HPTA during PCT. However, it can also be used on cycle (in conjunction with an aromatase inhibitor) for gyno protection. This is the perfect protocol for PH/DS/AAS that aromatize heavily or aromatize into methyl estrogen, such as dianabol and trestolone.
PCT dosing
Nolva - 20/20/10/10
On cycle dosing
Nolva - 10mg ed with Exemestane @ 12.5mg eod or Adex @ .5mg eod
*adjust as needed*

Fareston - toremifene citrate is a second generation SERM that has far less of a chance of side effects and is less liver toxic compared to first generation SERM's. Torem does encourage HPTA restart, but also increases SHBG. An increase in SHBG means a decrease in free testosterone. Torem has been shown to be about 50% less effective at raising LH levels than Clomid and Nolva. Anecdotal reports still show full recovery using Toremin PCT. If a user can't handle Clomid side effects, Torem might be for them.
PCT dosing
Torem - 90/90/60/30

Raloxifene - Ralox is a second generation SERM that is less liver toxic and has a lower chance of side effects than a first generation SERM. Ralox is not favorable for HPTA restart. However, because of its very high affinity for the estrogen receptor specifically in breast tissue, it makes it the perfect SERM for on cycle gyno prevention and even gyno reversal. Ralox should be the preferred choice over Nolva on cycle for gyno protection. Ralox is more expensive to source though. As a result, it is more often counterfeited than Nolva. If a user does not have access to pharma grade ancillaries then they should opt for the more readily available Nolva.

On Cycle gyno protection
Ralox - 60mg ed
Exemestane 12.5mg eod or Armidex .5mg eod

Gyno Reversal Protocol
Ralox - 120mg ed
Exemestane - 12.5mg eod
*One should follow this protocol until lumps have subsided. At which point the Ralox dose should be reduced to 60mg ed and continued for another 4 weeks, and exemestane should be continued at 12.5mg eod for another 6 weeks. Continuing the exemestane for 2 weeks after discontinuing the Ralox helps prevent rebound.
Hey man i just started a Rad 140 cycle one week and 2 days ago. I am 17 years old and dosing 5mg everyday and i’m already seeing puffiness of the nipples. I am seriously researching PCT but clomid and nolva are real hard for me to obtain being i don’t have a prescription and i’m not a legal adult. I need some easy to obtain alternatives that can help after i finish my 8 week rad cycle. please help me out man

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey man i just started a Rad 140 cycle one week and 2 days ago. I am 17 years old and dosing 5mg everyday and i’m already seeing puffiness of the nipples. I am seriously researching PCT but clomid and nolva are real hard for me to obtain being i don’t have a prescription and i’m not a legal adult. I need some easy to obtain alternatives that can help after i finish my 8 week rad cycle. please help me out man
Yates probably won't respond.
I don't think he's been on here in a while.

My best advice....
Stop using it.

Why would a non-adult want to mess with their endocrine system before it's fully matured?

There's good reason why "non-adults" aren't supposed to be posting about using these types of compounds.

Seriously .... reconsider your choices.