Pork in diet? Yes or no.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I can't understand why pork is so taboo in diet. Does anyone have a reason for or against it? Pork loins can be a great lean white meat. I don't see why I couldn't have it regularly.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, I've always wondered this too~

bump for answer :D

Bagged01

Awards
  • Established
Yes bump for the ans, because I just ate some pork loin

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Other than religious reasons there is no reason why pork can't be in your diet.

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I have heard this plenty of times too, but have never understood it.

When trying to put on weight I hear to stay away from pork, could it be because it's to lean?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Other than religious reasons there is no reason why pork can't be in your diet.

Figured so much. I use pork a lot in my diet. In japan pork is very cheap, and when i'm dieting my pallet likes to take a break from chicken breast.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I buy the whole pork loin cryopack at Sams club.. it makes up a large percentage of my dinner meals. Just trim the excess fat off. I charcoal grill it or put it in the George Forman. Yum!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
It's cheap, tasty, lean, not harsh on the liver like red meat. Other than religious reasons I see no problem with it. The only rationale against it I've ever heard was that it comes from a swine which waddles in filth all day. Years past it was disease prone but I'd like to think we've moved past that with sanitation laws. So then it really just becomes personal preference on meat choice rather than the quality of the food itself. Pork loin for dinner tonight!!

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Labor day... i always confuse the two. What a patriot I am haha

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I love me all sorts of pork. Bacon, Sausage, Brats, Loins, Steaks, Filet... Mhumhumm!

Granted I'm on a keto like diet so that's ok. But hey, it's the OTHER white meat! :lol:

No reason not to have it in your diet, they have all sorts of different cuts too, some are pretty damn lean.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
never heard of pork being bad for a bb'er. i could see how the excess fat may be bad for a cutting diet, but other then that...eat up! i eat pork daily, it never fails me in the tasting-fockin-awesome department.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plus, Iberian pig lard significantly increases testosterone (in rats, granted) compared to fish oil, olive oil, or sesame oil.

Testosterone
levels were signifi cantly higher (ranging from two-fold
to four-fold) in animals fed the Iberian pig lard – enriched diet
than in rats fed olive oil (p < 0.001), fi sh oil (p < 0.01), or sesame,
sunfl ower, or coconut oil (p < 0.05).

Horm Metab Res. 2008 Apr;40(4):289-91.
Dietary fat influences testosterone, cholesterol, aminopeptidase A, and blood pressure in male rats.
Segarra AB, Ramirez M, Banegas I, Alba F, Vives F, Gasparo M, Ortega E, Ruiz E, Prieto I.
Source

University of Jaén, Jaén, Spain.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances
LinkOut - more resources

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
never heard of pork being bad for a bb'er. i could see how the excess fat may be bad for a cutting diet, but other then that...eat up! i eat pork daily, it never fails me in the tasting-fockin-awesome department.
So trim it! or follow what ZiR RED said about its test boost potential. Pork chops are super lean though

ntornado

Awards
I always thought Pork was not a great option because you are what you eat and Pigs do not eat well.

Organic pork could be a better option.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
If it has a soul and face, eat it.

If it's a fattier cut trim it best you can.
Try to eat free range only. Organic isn't always best.
Increase our omega 3:6 ratio

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it has a soul and face, eat it.

If it's a fattier cut trim it best you can.
Try to eat free range only. Organic isn't always best.
Increase our omega 3:6 ratio
^^Exactly. Which is why Iberian pig lard was so effective at boosting T and improving blood lipids in the study I posted. Iberian pigs are free range and eat their natural diet...much like a wild boar. Better yet, eat wild boar, and kill them with bare hands!

Br

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Wild boar has gotta be one of the best tasting animals in existence.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Probably is tasty

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I read about a pro who only consumes bison meat. Cant rememebr the name. I dont have a wallet that fat to be spending at ShopRite.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Would be nice... Bison is almost not existent in Australia.
Venison and kangaroo kick ass

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Venison...mmm, its been too long.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Where did you eat this?
theres wild boars on every island of Hawaii. Just gotta hunt em down. Its always a treat to eat, no matter what.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read about a pro who only consumes bison meat. Cant rememebr the name. I dont have a wallet that fat to be spending at ShopRite.
Shop rite has free range beef (from australia) at very reasonable prices. Its about as close to bison meat as you will get, and since its true free range (not a cow with a 10x10 pen of grass and a feed lot near by) its gong to give you all the advantages: leaner, more vitamins, higher omega 3:6 ratio, etc; and disadvantages - tougher, different taste (though I enjoy the taste).

Br

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Shop rite has free range beef (from australia) at very reasonable prices. Its about as close to bison meat as you will get, and since its true free range (not a cow with a 10x10 pen of grass and a feed lot near by) its gong to give you all the advantages: leaner, more vitamins, higher omega 3:6 ratio, etc; and disadvantages - tougher, different taste (though I enjoy the taste).

Br
I have noticed this. They do have good prices on their black angus. Better than other places for their "higher quality" beef market. Thanks for the insight.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I love a New York cut or prime rib.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
New York cut is delicious because of the fats for flavor.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cool it in the George foreman grill lol