Pork Tacos El Gringo

T

TexasGuy

Awards
So I made this tonight and it was pretty good. Not exactly carnitas but inspired by:

Ingredients

• Pork Roast
  • Garlic Salt
  • Ground Cumin
  • Cayenne Powder
  • Black Pepper
  • 1 Cinnamon stick
    • Tomato Paste
Put the roast in a crock pot, submerged in water. Stir in seasonings to taste, my preference is enough to have covered the outside of the roast, and half as much cayenne. Hold tomatoe paste.

Cook on high for 3 hours, remove roast, cut in to roughly quarter to half inch slices to allow flavor to absorb completely. Place slices back in crock pot for 2 more hours.

Remove slices and shred with a fork. The meat should almost fall apart anyways. Mix more of the seasonings in to the tomatoe paste to taste, hold cinnamon. Pour in to pan with pork and simmer until there isn't a soupy texture.

Serve on flour tortillas with cilantro, chopped onion, sour cream (or plain yogurt) and avocado slices. Top with Queso Fresco or what ever cheese you prefer.

Nutritional info dependent on serving size.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
So I made this tonight and it was pretty good. Not exactly carnitas but inspired by:

Ingredients

• Pork Roast
  • Garlic Salt
  • Ground Cumin
  • Cayenne Powder
  • Black Pepper
  • 1 Cinnamon stick
    • Tomato Paste
Put the roast in a crock pot, submerged in water. Stir in seasonings to taste, my preference is enough to have covered the outside of the roast, and half as much cayenne. Hold tomatoe paste.

Cook on high for 3 hours, remove roast, cut in to roughly quarter to half inch slices to allow flavor to absorb completely. Place slices back in crock pot for 2 more hours.

Remove slices and shred with a fork. The meat should almost fall apart anyways. Mix more of the seasonings in to the tomatoe paste to taste, hold cinnamon. Pour in to pan with pork and simmer until there isn't a soupy texture.

Serve on flour tortillas with cilantro, chopped onion, sour cream (or plain yogurt) and avocado slices. Top with Queso Fresco or what ever cheese you prefer.

Nutritional info dependent on serving size.
Sounds great Texas, Stephen100 just sent me a line to find out if you could give a variation of the vegan variety