Pointers on Pinning?

Blatalian

Awards
Can someone give me some pointers on pinning without leaving bruises or marks behind.

I look like a freakin heroin addict.. :mad:

Deffinitely not something that chicks dig.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Where are you trying to pin? www.spotinjections.com has good shots of where you can try in general to pin. Whats your technique like? I personally (for quads in this case) sit down, relax my leg, and pick a point in between your hip and knee, draw a line around your leg at this point. Then halfway between straight up and straight out pick a spot to push the pin in, wipe down with alcohol, and slowly push the pin in, when it's all the way deeep. Aspirate (just pull back a little to see if you draw blood in), then if all goes well, slowly inject the oil, let the pin sit a little bit before pulling it out, and massage the area after pulling the pin out (and cleaning up any blood trickles).

ManBeast

NE1

-Just make sure you arent going in at a funny angle.
-Try holding the bottom of the syringe with one hand, and pushing the plunger in with another.
-If you start shaking or twitching, stop, think of something else, and relax...I know my leg always starts twitching when i do thighs.
-Sit down for thighs and delts, and sorta lay down, or at least sit down for glutes.
-Go slow.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I've only gotten bruises in places where i can only use one hand like delts (especially the right delt cuz i have to use my left hand). For me, it's important to keep the dart as steady as possible to keep bruising to a minimum. For this reason, i prefer pec and thigh (front and side) shots best b/c i can use both hands and keep things steady while injecting.

Blatalian

Awards
Thanks for all the info bro's.

I've already checked out spotinjections.com.. it's an awesome site... and I use it.

I have injected every body part except my lats so far. And yes, I aspirate every time.

My problem areas seem to be my biceps, quads, and triceps. Big buising on my biceps!

My tecnique is super-slow. I like to see the pin breaking the skin.. don't know why...? I guess I feel safer doing that because I want to know if I hit a nerve.

corteztk1982

Awards
I think you'll probably know if you hit a nerve whether you're going fast or slow lol

Blatalian

Awards
I do use a small guage for spot injections.. 25 guage.

Except for glutes.. 20 guage.

size

Awards
  • Established
Rotate injections sites.
Use 25 gauge for everything. it may take longer to inject but it causes less tissue damage.

Blatalian

Awards
I do rotate every day. In fact... I inject the same location only once per week.

I know that you guys are trying to give me pointers.. but it's not going in the right direction.

I've followed all rules and precautions while injecting ... still I get bruising.

I was just wondering if there was any way to prevent bruising.

size

Awards
  • Established
My guess is that your hand is shaky either on the way in, while the needle is in, and/or on the way out.

If you move the needle, you will bruise. You may also bruise even w/o moving the needle.

Sorry, I can't be more help, this just happens sometimes. if you are bruising everytime then I do find that odd.

Blatalian

Awards
My guess is that your hand is shaky either on the way in, while the needle is in, and/or on the way out.

If you move the needle, you will bruise. You may also bruise even w/o moving the needle.

Sorry, I can't be more help, this just happens sometimes. if you are bruising everytime then I do find that odd.
You helped more than you know bro....
I now realize that I did move the needle alot on the instances that bruising occured.
I figured that pain was the only result of that... guess I was wrong.

I'm gonna have to work on keeping the needle steady when injecting..

Thanks.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
also sometimes you are just prone to bruising.. I know I have at least one good bruise during a cycle.. I just say I banged into one of the machines.. which happens even not on cycle... :D

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have yet to bruise, even though I tend to tear thru nerves alot.. :)

Kinda like the feeling, odd yes?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Pete... you push it through your nerves?

ManBeast