Please critique my keto recomp/cut diet

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before I even start writing this let it be known I am on two anabolic compounds- epistane-40mgs and 11 oxo at 450 mgs. Both of these aid in anti catabolism esp. the 11 sterone(oxo)

So I want to get cut up without loosing to much muscle I am not trying to do both merely a successfull cut without loosing mass

Diet is going to go keto

Day one

Do a cardio sesh for 20 mins first thing in the morning

Will consume 20g's of fat and 40 g's of protien every mean coming out to about
140g's of fat and 280 g's of protien- 330 if you include my postworkout protien

Carbs- want it to be under 35 g's
For the first day I will have a banna pre workout
After this I will not be eating any carb dense meals

Do this for ten days then carb cycle with about 250g's of carbs and REPEAT!
What does everyone think?

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
I ran Keto for quite sometime - the better part of two years. Your protein is right on, and you have a good plan for carbs. Your fat might be a bit low though. You can always down a tbsp or two of coconut or olive oil or add some mayo to your meats or use the mayo and some oil to make a light dressing.

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
i would keep the fats higher than the protein to get into keto faster. remember what i told you?? your body will convert protein into glucose, thus keeping you out of ketosis. first two days ur macros should be 80% fats, 15% protein, 5% carbs. after two days change it to 65% fats, 30% protein, 5% carbs. I'm telling you cant be afraid to eat really fatty food if you want to get into ketosis. go eat double cheeseburgers with bacon and mayo but no bun obviously. for breakfast have eggs with cheese and butter and bacon. force your body to get used to burning fats. honestly for the first couple of days i don't even worry about being in a deficit or not. i eat whatever til i'm full, just no carbs. then i start dialing back the calories and bump the protein up a little. this is how i got into deep, deep ketosis bro. my ketostix were turning dark purple. just trust me

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
The KFC Double Down is a perfect Keto food for being on the go! Also, use mayo, cheese (blue cheese is great!), bacon, butter - everything fatty to dress up your meats. Also, pork rinds can really add in some fat. They are carb free, come in about 5 different flavors, and give you a good snack option that is higher in fat. When ketoing, don't use FAT FREE cheese or reduced fat cottage cheese or anything like that. You need the fat to keep your body from feeding on your proteins and getting at your muscles.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I like to keep protein to 1 gram/lb of Lean body weight. Then the rest in fat. If fats are too low, its harder to get into ketosis.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
you know... keto to me always sounded like it was harsh on cholesterol and blood pressure. but i may consider a diet to lose some fat when I go into my cut. Maybe for the last 4 weeks of my cut. Something like that. You gonna log the diet Schwell? I hope you do so I can see how its workin out

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
you know... keto to me always sounded like it was harsh on cholesterol and blood pressure. but i may consider a diet to lose some fat when I go into my cut. Maybe for the last 4 weeks of my cut. Something like that. You gonna log the diet Schwell? I hope you do so I can see how its workin out
I don't know, my cholesterol numbers actually get better when I am on a keto diet,and that is with eating a ton of eggs, bacon and tuna in olive oil mixed with mayo (and bacon :) ). I went for a cholesterol check once and it came back at 205, went on the keto diet and 6 weeks later the cholesterol test came back at 170.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
you know... keto to me always sounded like it was harsh on cholesterol and blood pressure. but i may consider a diet to lose some fat when I go into my cut. Maybe for the last 4 weeks of my cut. Something like that. You gonna log the diet Schwell? I hope you do so I can see how its workin out[/QUOTE

Another forum, BB, has an entire section dedicated to Keto. 100x as many Keto posts and threads there as here. Always wondered why there wasnt more keto discussion here