Playoff predictions

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I don't see the Cards beatin' the Eagles,.. no way, no how. Yes, they are a better team than earlier in the season when the Eagles licked them,.. but the D is to good at this point.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
At the rate my picks are going. Anything is possible.

So far at least my pitt pick is holding up. All others went to shambles.

1 and 2 seed out.
Historically speaking, statistically the odds (of them making it to the superbowl) were stacked against them.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is just making me sick :frustrate

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Well my boys represented for the "Bye" and home field group. My hat is off to the Chargers for a great season. Next week will be defensive armaggedon in Pittsburgh with the Ravens. I won't hazard a guess between the Eagles and Cardinals. This is definitely a year when anything can happen.

:bruce3:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 for 4 this weekend AND the Chargers lost. God I hate losing.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thrilled for the steelers, but this has been a crazy playoff. Eagles v. Cardinals? WTF is that?

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
That's why they play the games folks, it's more than entertainment. They don't keep score at a concert!!
I think it's good for the sport to see underdogs, or whatever you want to call them, representing!!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Thrilled for the steelers, but this has been a crazy playoff. Eagles v. Cardinals? WTF is that?
It's what Paul Tagliabue worked towards when he was commissioner, parody.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitryWI
Well, someone's gotta be first, might as well be Bolts.

Fastone
Yeah, next year

Looks like your right. LT will be healed and Merrimen will be back as well.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitryWI
Well, someone's gotta be first, might as well be Bolts.

Fastone
Yeah, next year

Looks like your right. LT will be healed and Merrimen will be back as well.
There is no doubt the Chargers whole season would have been different with those guys healthy.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Nobody believed me...

Sproles 11 carries for 15 yards rushing. He's not an every down back.

Game was over when it became 28-10, the two touchdowns past that point by the Chargers were against a prevent defense (which in my opinion prevents the defense from stopping a score no matter who uses this stupid defensive package).

Congrats to the Chargers on a come back season, and good luck trying to keep LT from leaving in the off season as plenty of people have predicted.

Now it's Raven's time baby, and our offense is back.

Go Steelers!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Two tickets to Tampa please...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
coming from a yankee fan that might be the funniest thing I've ever heard...

:lol:
First and foremost since 1920 Yankee fans have always had a reason to feel confident and yes a little cocky at times. 2nd Philly fans for the most part are the most fickle fans in sports however, with the way the Eagles have played down the stretch optimism is understandable. As far as Steelers fans being cocky, let's see, nobody predicted that we would win 10 games with our so called impossible schedule much less be in the championship game. Also it was accomplished by one of the best coaching jobs I've seen in a long time managing injuries, etc.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nobody believed me...

Sproles 11 carries for 15 yards rushing. He's not an every down back.

Game was over when it became 28-10, the two touchdowns past that point by the Chargers were against a prevent defense (which in my opinion prevents the defense from stopping a score no matter who uses this stupid defensive package).

Congrats to the Chargers on a come back season, and good luck trying to keep LT from leaving in the off season as plenty of people have predicted.

Now it's Raven's time baby, and our offense is back.

Go Steelers!
I knew he's not an every down back and didn't want him to. He just needed to keep the Steelers busy enough with him to free up Rivers passing game. The game was over in the 3rd quarter when we had only 1 possession for nothing, zero. Oh, and off the helmet??? WTF??? When the hell does something like that happen. Did you see him afterwards looking around going WTF just hit me??

LT will play for SD next year I have no doubt. They'll ensure that both he and Merrimen are healthy and good to go. And they know how to use Sproles better as well along with a good more aggressive d-line. Aslong as they can keep the defensive line from being on the field a whole quarter.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
The game was over in the 3rd quarter when we had only 1 possession for nothing, zero. Oh, and off the helmet??? WTF??? When the hell does something like that happen. Did you see him afterwards looking around going WTF just hit me??
Yeah that was a pretty ridiculous third quarter. And I laughed so hard when it bounced off Weddle's helmet. That's the third time this year, the Steeler's have recovered a punt after it bounces off an opponent (not the punt returner). Everyone expects a punt to go 45-55 yards, but our punter is so bad that players over run the punt and it bounces off of blockers. I couldn't help but laugh, that was just terrible luck for SD.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First and foremost since 1920 Yankee fans have always had a reason to feel confident and yes a little cocky at times. 2nd Philly fans for the most part are the most fickle fans in sports however, with the way the Eagles have played down the stretch optimism is understandable. As far as Steelers fans being cocky, let's see, nobody predicted that we would win 10 games with our so called impossible schedule much less be in the championship game. Also it was accomplished by one of the best coaching jobs I've seen in a long time managing injuries, etc.

very true.

Yes yankee fans are cocky, and 26 championships gives us good reason :fing02:

I live just outside of Philly, and the fans there are crazy. One week MCNabb and Reid need to go, and the next they are the greatest coaching/QB combo in the league.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very true.

Yes yankee fans are cocky, and 26 championships gives us good reason :fing02:

I live just outside of Philly, and the fans there are crazy. One week MCNabb and Reid need to go, and the next they are the greatest coaching/QB combo in the league.
San Diego fans are the same way. It's bullshit. Be a man, be a fan. Like your team on the bad days as well as the good or go somewhere else.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree.

I hated this year for the Yankees, however, we cant make it every year. So we will start brand new in 2009 and win it all :)

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
It's called passion ,.. I mean sometimes you wanna leave your wife , but,.. well,,,

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My predictions for Sunday...

Steelers and eagles

However, in the office my money is on the ravens and eagles. After my losses last weekend I need to pick against 2 of my coworkers in order to still be in the running going into the superbowl to win the office pot. The pot has been ongoing for sometime and to stay in u have to put in 5 bucks each week. It's too big not to fight for it. If I win this weekend then I will b tied with at least 1 person or it can b a 3 way tie going into the superbowl.if we pick the same superbowl pick then If that happens then our call of the final score will b the tie breaker.

Posted from an iPhone

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Sounds cool cat,.. good luck!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mcnabb is a bum. Learn to throw consistant. Andy Reid... Ur blitz is sucking give it up and double team Fitzgerald dammit

Posted from an iPhone

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
At this point it appears that they made some good halftime adjustments. btw, for all of McNabb's so called bumness it was their defense that got torched in the 1st half.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Great game, too bad the Eagles didn't show up in the 1st half. I guess the Cardinals aren't who we thought they were.:18:. Now the fun starts

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man who would have thought: the cardinals in the super bowl. Now all I need is to see the lions and I can die after seeing it all

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At this point it appears that they made some good halftime adjustments. btw, for all of McNabb's so called bumness it was their defense that got torched in the 1st half.
Yeah their blitz was sucking and they were not doubling up on fitzgerald. Even when mcnabb threw to an open player he was throwing it at their feet etc and they couldn't make the catch or if they could they couldn't run with it because of it. Good on Arizona

Posted from an iPhone

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Posted from an iPhone

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, I hope that bad call wont ruin the game for the steelers, Holmes had possession and droped it as he hit the ground. :aargh:

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
man who would have thought: the cardinals in the super bowl. Now all I need is to see the lions and I can die after seeing it all
NO, you then have to wait for the Cubs to win a World series, then you will have seen it all. Steelers D is relentless today and the offense is managing, I'm reasonably happy right now. Plenty of time to go.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
The Eagles came out to flat, hats off to the Cards. It was a great run, very exciting,..now I have to go and eat some humble pie!!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Posted from an iPhone

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Another week where the Steelers D rocked the house, gave up less than 200 yards total. The Super Bowl should be a barn burner.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I think it will be a great Super Bowl. As a Cardinals fan, I am excited for them. They are as good as anyone. They have the talent, but underachieved a bit in the regular season, but that isn't difficult to do in that division. They have been great in the playoffs, and when the Eagles took the lead and the momentum in the second half, they didn't give in to the pressure and put up a great drive to win the game.

If Warner is given time to throw the ball, and the defense brings the energy - then Arizona will win the title. Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston are the greatest group of receivers in the NFL in my opinion.

It should be a great Super Bowl and it will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

utefan

Awards
It should be a very good Superbowl. It will be interesting to see if Warner can keep this run going. He has been outstanding.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I lost my office pool. I'm going to try and recoup my $$ with a side bet in the office on the superbowl. I know that they are all going to pick Pitts as the winners and I'm going to go with Arizona. I've been betting against them the whole playoffs and they keep winning. Time to stop doubting and see if they can get me my movie check.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As an aside, how about Boldin's behavior on the sidelines at the end of the game. YOu are going to the super bowl and you do not celebrate with your teamates?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
As an aside, how about Boldin's behavior on the sidelines at the end of the game. YOu are going to the super bowl and you do not celebrate with your teamates?
He's pissed because they kept him out on the entire final drive. Not to mention he isn't being utilized except for a few short screen passes. He's looking for a spotlight so he can command more money when he leaves at the end of this year. Don't get me wrong, I don't find it very classy of him, but I'm sure he's feeling upstaged at the moment.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
He's pissed because they kept him out on the entire final drive. Not to mention he isn't being utilized except for a few short screen passes. He's looking for a spotlight so he can command more money when he leaves at the end of this year. Don't get me wrong, I don't find it very classy of him, but I'm sure he's feeling upstaged at the moment.
Or he feels like the real celebration is yet to come......:bsflag:NAH!!!!