PIP tips

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, so I’m mid cycle right now. I typically inject my glutes (IM, 23 gauge needle). But my glutes have gotten so damn sore from pip.

What other injection suffers do you guys recommend?

What tips do you have for avoiding/reducing pip?

Currently, I just inject and then lay down on a heating pad.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Avoid injecting always in the same little spot in glutes. You’ll regret it down the road. You inject VG or medius?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Avoid injecting always in the same little spot in glutes. You’ll regret it down the road. You inject VG or medius?
Medius, I usually switch between left to right glute but I feel like I need another spot to pin.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys, so I’m mid cycle right now. I typically inject my glutes (IM, 23 gauge needle). But my glutes have gotten so damn sore from pip.

I’d switch to delts as well. Honestly haven’t really noticed much difference personally with heating, massaging, etc in regards to pip. Best bet is to be as smooth as possible when pinning and maybe try new needles as well; 25g 1inchers on a 1cc slin barrel have been a lot of help to me. Other then that, better quality gear and the muscles adapting to the pip will also make differences.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’d switch to delts as well. Honestly haven’t really noticed much difference personally with heating, massaging, etc in regards to pip. Best bet is to be as smooth as possible when pinning and maybe try new needles as well; 25g 1inchers on a 1cc slin barrel have been a lot of help to me. Other then that, better quality gear and the muscles adapting to the pip will also make differences.
The heat really helps for me! Noticeable difference. Maybe I’ll start hitting some quads and delts.

For reference I use a 23G 1” needle to inject.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The heat really helps for me! Noticeable difference. Maybe I’ll start hitting some quads and delts.

For reference I use a 23G 1” needle to inject.
I personally prefer glutes, and recommend using them.

However, some guys have dexterity issues when trying to pin glutes, and can end up moving the pin around.
Not the best scenario.
(y)

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What are you injecting?

I’ve had almost zero pip and great results with sub a injections. Very rarely will I get a lump
Or pain.

I pin delts/quads after years of IM glutes

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wife is a nurse. You shouldn't message the injection. I usually will do some light lifts or cardio after a shot to help get the blood flowing in what ever area is injected. delts = side laterals for a few easy sets.. glutes= a little cardio or lunging. thats the one thing i do literally every time and I rarely get any pip. this would include 3 cc in the shoulder which if you have done, you will know its a bear.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
wife is a nurse. You shouldn't message the injection. I usually will do some light lifts or cardio after a shot to help get the blood flowing in what ever area is injected. delts = side laterals for a few easy sets.. glutes= a little cardio or lunging. thats the one thing i do literally every time and I rarely get any pip. this would include 3 cc in the shoulder which if you have done, you will know its a bear.
just out of interest whats the reason not to massage bro? Not doubting what your wife is saying at all but massage is such a commonly given piece of advice in the bb community (including by me) I’m interested to learn why not do it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just to be clear.. so we are talking about the same thing. I was specifically referring to right after the injection. not later when you are sore from it, ect. .. i cant remember the reason so when she gets up, i will ask !

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
just to be clear.. so we are talking about the same thing. I was specifically referring to right after the injection. not later when you are sore from it, ect. .. i cant remember the reason so when she gets up, i will ask !
yep straight after was what I meant. I often use the massage gun on the spot after I inject.....

thanks

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote

You really shouldn't be stiff for more than a day after a shot. I've done 3.5 cc's in glutes, delts and even pecs for years and never had more than a little bit of stiffness for a day or two. If it's stiff from too many frequent injections, in addition to investing some time into learning some new sites to inject, training the muscle group immediately after injecting is beneficial. I also highly recommend a massage gun to break up stiff injection sites.

Other than that the only thing that could be causing issues is poor quality gear with too much alcohol/solvent, that's always going to be sore regardless of how solid your technique is and how much heating, training or massage you do. I see this all the time when guys buy these "super concentrated" blends of say 500 test or 400 masteron etc. There's so much solvent it's just going to be sore AF for days and there's nothing you can do about that besides stop buying that crap.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
apparently you can cause the injection to breakdown and enter the blood stream too quickly. I'm guessing this might be of particular concern on fragile peptides and what not. LOL i had to go wake her up to get the answer, ( for me ) curiosity killed the cat with this one..

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I pin everything in my quads with an insulin syringe. If I get bad pip, I wrap my upper leg with a heating pad and hit it with a heavy old wooden rolling pin from the kitchen. This either completely eliminates it, or at least makes it tolerable. Just don't roll any pin that is less than 12 hours old, as you may force the oil out of the muscle and the pip might get worse. I made that mistake exactly once! Lol

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
3ml in the delt? You're a beast! 😯

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've heard theories that pip increases when the injection leaks into sub q space, as some of u have suggested. There's a few videos on YouTube for a Z technique that reduces leakage.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
apparently you can cause the injection to breakdown and enter the blood stream too quickly. I'm guessing this might be of particular concern on fragile peptides and what not. LOL i had to go wake her up to get the answer, ( for me ) curiosity killed the cat with this one..
Not to de-rail your wife, as she knows more about injections then I do. I’ve had a lot of shots, injections and IV’s put in. All from various nurses and they almost always massage it with an alcohol pad to stop the bleeding.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not to de-rail your wife, as she knows more about injections then I do. I’ve had a lot of shots, injections and IV’s put in. All from various nurses and they almost always massage it with an alcohol pad to stop the bleeding.
a lot of nurses will put pressure on it to stop the bleeding and mask the acute pain. not sure i would equate that to actually messaging the injection. that said, i have seen many utube videos were the person was literally messaging it after the injection.. saying that it "helps push it around and keep it from knotting up" which is more to the point i was making

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh...I see what you are saying! Sorry miscommunication on my end!!

Did quads for ably the second time ever. Decent of pain, took hot shower, drive to gym. PIP is now completely gone.

Probably be alternating glutes and quads now!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ahhh...I see what you are saying! Sorry miscommunication on my end!!

Did quads for ably the second time ever. Decent of pain, took hot shower, drive to gym. PIP is now completely gone.

Probably be alternating glutes and quads now!
If you haven't pinned *quads* yet, I recommend watching some YouTube videos first.
(I also always recommend that whenever anyone pins Any site for the first time).

(y)

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t watch any videos on how to do it (although great idea) but I did find a couple of nurses charts that outline where to inject into the muscle bellies.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
35 and Older 13
Aeter462 Post Cycle Therapy 2
Anabolics 25
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 11
Punkrocker Anabolics 23