1st time w/HCG some redness and pip

Aeter462

Aeter462

Awards
Pinned in 2 locations subq abdominal fat, about 1.5 - 2 units each location. (Why 2 locations? Cause I messed up my calculations and realized I needed another dose). Used a 29g 1/2"

Morning after, I've got some redness and very minor pain on palp around the areas, roughly 1/2" dia, sorta like a little bee sting.

Is this due to poor technique? Perhaps I'm pushing too quickly? Maybe a reaction to the bacteriostatic water?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pinned in 2 locations subq abdominal fat, about 1.5 - 2 units each location. (Why 2 locations? Cause I messed up my calculations and realized I needed another dose). Used a 29g 1/2"

Morning after, I've got some redness and very minor pain on palp around the areas, roughly 1/2" dia, sorta like a little bee sting.

Is this due to poor technique? Perhaps I'm pushing too quickly? Maybe a reaction to the bacteriostatic water?
It can happen with sub q spots but since it's water based I'd be concerned if the red tender spot stays more then a day or 2. Probably has nothing to do with the hcg and more to do with the liquid used to reconstitute or sterile practices

Aeter462

Aeter462

Awards
It can happen with sub q spots but since it's water based I'd be concerned if the red tender spot stays more then a day or 2. Probably has nothing to do with the hcg and more to do with the liquid used to reconstitute or sterile practices
Thanks for the input!
I've done injections professionally so am fairly confident with my sterile practices. Makes me wonder... as of now, the redness doesnt quite have the quality of infection 🤞

I tested the HCG dilute on a pregnancy test, so at least qualitatively I know it's present.