Pinning Through Tattoos Causes Cancer?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got a booster shot yesterday. My arms have 100% coverage from wrist to chest/back on both sides. The idiot doing the im injection (some ancient old pharmacist) pinned me in the back of the triceps, basically in my armpit because he said he didn't want to push ink into my blood and cause cancer. I laughed, but then this morning decided to try to figure out where he got this from. I couldn't really find anything. Anybody heard of this? It's got to be bullshit, right?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"I got a booster shot yesterday. My arms have 100% coverage from wrist to chest/back on both sides. The idiot doing the im injection (some ancient old pharmacist) pinned me in the back of the triceps, basically in my armpit because he said he didn't want to push ink into my blood and cause cancer. I laughed, but then this morning decided to try to figure out where he got this from. I couldn't really find anything. Anybody heard of this? It's got to be bullshit, right?
"We are not aware of a reported cancer case directly attributable to tattooing. However, evidence does show that some tattoo inks contain carcinogens (cancer-causing substances) – chemicals that have been classified as known or possible carcinogens by the WHO's International Agency for Research on Cancer." - Cancer .org

I'm not sure how much dry ink would be "pushed," into the bloodstream, via a booster shot (have you seen the miniscule size of the pins used for things like that now?).

But hey, he had the ability to put it somewhere else, which made it a non-question.
.... And it definitely seemed to make him feel better.
:)

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
"We are not aware of a reported cancer case directly attributable to tattooing. However, evidence does show that some tattoo inks contain carcinogens (cancer-causing substances) – chemicals that have been classified as known or possible carcinogens by the WHO's International Agency for Research on Cancer." - Cancer .org

I'm not sure how much dry ink would be "pushed," into the bloodstream, via a booster shot (have you seen the miniscule size of the pins used for things like that now?).

But hey, he had the ability to put it somewhere else, which made it a non-question.
.... And it definitely seemed to make him feel better.
:)
And eventually made me slightly paranoid. I've pinned through a few of my tats hundreds of times! Haha

Recently I'm mostly doing vents and glutes, no ink there yet, so not a huge concern. But, prior to that all of my pins were 23G and 25G through ink.