Pinning through tattoo

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recently got a tat that covers my entire delt. I’ve been rotating delts for my trt, and just curious if pinning through a tat will mess up the tat over time. From what I’ve read through it ain’t a problem but just thought I’d ask to get more feedback.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It won't mess it up

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Negative. You’re fine pinning through your tattoos. I’ll just add that with a larger gauge needle it could potentially start messing with the ink (perhaps dull/fade the color), but I think that will take a very long time and I think you’d have to pin the exact same spot every time. For what it’s worth, I’ve pinned delts for years and both my shoulders are fully tattooed. I have no ink issues.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Na that’ll be fine

my tattoo has areas of skin in the markings so I use it as a marker so I can change the exact spot a little bit each time lol

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're actually taking a bit of the ink with you when you inject through a tattoo - maybe.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man this kid got banned and came back one of my deepest wish on this forum is to see him gone. What an absolute fucking *****. I used to be here daily but I just can’t stand to read his ****. Jesus Chris

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the feedback guys. Figured it wasn’t a problem, but wasn’t quite sure.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Man this kid got banned and came back one of my deepest wish on this forum is to see him gone. What an absolute fucking *****. I used to be here daily but I just can’t stand to read his ****. Jesus Chris
Lol, I feel you but it’s weird, sometimes I miss Starscream’s dumb posts, he’s kind of the retarded guy in the class that annoys you but you still have to see his dumb ass everyday so you feel sorry for him and let him be 😂

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol, I feel you but it’s weird, sometimes I miss Starscream’s dumb posts, he’s kind of the retarded guy in the class that annoys you but you still have to see his dumb ass everyday so you feel sorry for him and let him be 😂
He’s still here for you bro... just under a new account. Follow his profile and you’ll get your daily posts of google studies 😂

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am going to go against the advice given here. I stopped using my delts, even though they are my favorite place to pin, because I noticed there were legit holes in my tats. I have fully shaded colored sleeves. I think the repeated removal of small bits of ink in the same general areas caused light spots that look like there was never ink there.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, snopes is a site that debunks popular myths.
I’m gonna give you some advise, and I mean this sincerely. Take everything you read on snopes with a grain of salt. And don’t ever use them as a resource for people, anybody who knows anything about snopes will consider that to be a sign of lack of intelligence on your part. It’s not a good look buddy.

And now a funny, I’d actually rather listen to the anabolic doc than anything found on snopes. So you know they have to be bad

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m gonna give you some advise, and I mean this sincerely. Take everything you read on snopes with a grain of salt. And don’t ever use them as a resource for people, anybody who knows anything about snopes will consider that to be a sign of lack of intelligence on your part. It’s not a good look buddy.

And now a funny, I’d actually rather listen to the anabolic doc than anything found on snopes. So you know they have to be bad
This is obviously a political thing so I'm not going to get into it, but snopes is a very reliable source for information in debunking common myths and urban legends. The same goes for Politifact, Hoax Slayer, the Skeptical Inquirer and other extremely relatable sources.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is obviously a political thing so I'm not going to get into it, but snopes is a very reliable source for information in debunking common myths and urban legends. The same goes for Politifact, Hoax Slayer, the Skeptical Inquirer and other extremely relatable sources.
Nothing to do with politics, they just aren’t reliable. They are an information gathering site, they don’t actually test any experiments lol. But like with all information gathering sites, it’s garbage in equals garbage out. They have been proven to be wrong so many times It’s not even funny anymore.
You should try using the Urban Legends Reference Pages, they are much more reliable, 😂.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to do with politics, they just aren’t reliable. They are an information gathering site, they don’t actually test any experiments lol. But like with all information gathering sites, it’s garbage in equals garbage out. They have been proven to be wrong so many times It’s not even funny anymore.
You should try using the Urban Legends Reference Pages, they are much more reliable, 😂.
Show me some examples of where they've been proven wrong. They thoroughly vet their sources, but I'm sure they aren't right 100% of the time.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not entirely sure why an article that states ‘undetermined’ on whether women with tattoos should get an epidural is entirely relevant here.

doctors being overly cautious about possibly introducing dye into the spine is always going to skew the thinking.

and then we have the obvious difference in the size of the needle used. An epidural is normally an 18g used, not many bros are slamming an 18g into the delts now are they......25g in delts is pretty common and it’s rare I’ve seen anyone use more than a 23g in glutes. If you ever eyeballed an 18g the cunt looks like a mini shovel, I can totally imagine that ‘might’ take a tiny amount of the dye. But a 23g or 25g, totally different.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was using 23g in my delts for years. That's what recommended at the time. I now use 27g and may try cycling the delts in again to test the theory eventually. 6 IM sites would be better than 4!

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was using 23g in my delts for years. That's what recommended at the time. I now use 27g and may try cycling the delts in again to test the theory eventually. 6 IM sites would be better than 4!
I just noticed your previous reply regarding some of your ink disappearing. If I were a betting man, I’d wager that the 23s are the reason some of your ink faded. I personally haven’t noticed any issues with my shoulder tattoos, but I’ve used 27g slin pins in delts for a while now. I’m currently hitting the same shoulder multiple times a day with 29g slin pins (BPC and TB500) on top of TRT injections and still haven’t noticed any change in tattoo ink consistency. Would be interested to see what happens if you add delts back to your rotation.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just noticed your previous reply regarding some of your ink disappearing. If I were a betting man, I’d wager that the 23s are the reason some of your ink faded. I personally haven’t noticed any issues with my shoulder tattoos, but I’ve used 27g slin pins in delts for a while now. I’m currently hitting the same shoulder multiple times a day with 29g slin pins (BPC and TB500) on top of TRT injections and still haven’t noticed any change in tattoo ink consistency. Would be interested to see what happens if you add delts back to your rotation.
I might try this weekend's jab in the delts. I do miss the whole no pip thing I got up there! Pretty much never had issues til I moved to quads. Though vents almost never cause issues. If delts go well I might stop using quads all together.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might try this weekend's jab in the delts. I do miss the whole no pip thing I got up there! Pretty much never had issues til I moved to quads. Though vents almost never cause issues. If delts go well I might stop using quads all together.
Yes, the no PIP thing is totally worth it. Plus, at least for me, I rarely have bleeders in delts. I all but stopped pinning glutes and never pin quads anymore because of gushers. It’s not like it’s a big deal to bleed after a pin, but it’s unsettling lol.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Show me some examples of where they've been proven wrong. They thoroughly vet their sources, but I'm sure they aren't right 100% of the time.
I could literally post hundreds of articles about things they have been wrong about, but then you could say articles are biased and we could go back and forth so I’m not.

I’m going to say 2 more things. Snopes was founded by david mikkleson and his wife in the basement of their house. He went off the deep end and they divorced: she sold her half of the company . His own company then sued him for embezzling money and using company funds for prostitutes and drugs. He then started a bogus go fund me to keep the company afloat and claimed they were being held ransom by hackers and needed 500k. The only thing that saved the company is facebook hired them to be ther fact checkers. You’re getting information from face book fact checkers, 😂.
And lastly I don’t care what you do, but you’re just making it worse for yourself on here when you post bullshit articles from bullshit sources. I was legit trying to point that at.

Sorry I derailed this thread.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could literally post hundreds of articles about things they have been wrong about, but then you could say articles are biased and we could go back and forth so I’m not.

I’m going to say 2 more things. Snopes was founded by david mikkleson and his wife in the basement of their house. He went off the deep end and they divorced: she sold her half of the company . His own company then sued him for embezzling money and using company funds for prostitutes and drugs. He then started a bogus go fund me to keep the company afloat and claimed they were being held ransom by hackers and needed 500k. The only thing that saved the company is facebook hired them to be ther fact checkers. You’re getting information from face book fact checkers, 😂.
And lastly I don’t care what you do, but you’re just making it worse for yourself on here when you post bullshit articles from bullshit sources. I was legit trying to point that at.

Sorry I derailed this thread.
I also apologize for derailing this thread. I'm aware of that version of the story, but that's the wife's version, not his. That's not to discount her completely, but claiming they hired strippers to be fact checkers is just simply not true. I'm going to keep posting links to debunking sites, anabolic doc, and other legitimate sources as I see fit, and you can be there to criticize me for it. As long as we stay civil.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So what about transdermals over a tat? Does it hinder absorption?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
No scientific info to provide, but I apply over tattoos every day and it seems fine. This got me thinking about how annoying it would be to accidentally apply a TD over a fresh tattoo lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If the tattoo is fresh then it will increase absorption because the skin is damaged from getting the tattoo, once it heals it should be like it was before the tattoo.

For transdermal application use areas with thin skin.

Ianmerannel

Ianmerannel

Awards
I've seen tattoos that cover deltas. I think the quality of the color coating depends on the chosen paint and on the abilities of the tattoo artist. Of course, the diameter of the game also affects the final result. All the tattooed deltas I saw had a good look and evenly distributed paint without bare spots. So I don't worry about this place if I want to stuff something there. I start moving from the wrists up on both hands. I plan to make everything from Persian Tattoo's but with an interweaving of skulls and calligraphy.

Last edited: