Picked up some XPG, question

J-Test

Awards
I snagged some Suppress-C and Ursa Gel from DPS. Suppress C goes on fine, the Ursa Gel immediately starts flaking and congealing when I rub it in. Is the product actually getting into my skin or what's happening here?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't u sed Ursa yet but that's a question for @sns8778

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I snagged some Suppress-C and Ursa Gel from DPS. Suppress C goes on fine, the Ursa Gel immediately starts flaking and congealing when I rub it in. Is the product actually getting into my skin or what's happening here?
Yes, the product is still getting into your skin.

Shake well before applying and spread a thin layer, don't try to run in too thoroughly - trying to really rub it in is part of what can cause it to seem like its turning into flakes or clumps.

Every ingredient is different and has different properties and with XPG the carriers are adjusted accordingly.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't seem to get this issue with Ursa-Gel. I think you might be trying to rub it in too hard. Just need a thin layer.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't think of that. or maybe too much in one area? I only use one pump of any TD to any part of skin real estate. so one pump to left upper arm/shoulder trap, one pump to left, one pump to each foot, etc. if for some reason I need 5 pumps I'll either split my dose in half over the day, or at least wait 5-10 minutes before adding the other pump if I'm out of dry real estate.

J-Test

Awards
I might have figured it out; I just applied an Ursa pump to my shin but with no plastic glove and it didn't clump as much. Also I was thoroughly rubbing it in. Thanks for the replies! Will check out other XPG stuff, TDs are superior IMO.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ursa for me is the most "delicate" of the XPG gels. I have to try really hard not to over do it. Where as Pump Gel is super liquidy and I have to rub more.

All still work really good, just require slightly different "technique" in application for me.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i ran a month of ursa gel . i found that if i pump the gel directly on my body then rub it in works the best, if i try and rub it around in my hand before application to my body it clumps up like dried glue and is useless. the fragrance of this product is nice but i did not care for the mildly tacky skin feel. i only took it a month so i did not notice any effect for fat loss or endurance, ursa need a minimum of 2-3 months to see any significant results so be sure to buy a few bottles...i needed around2-3 months while taking PA's prototype UR Spray to get a noticeable effect

J-Test

Awards
i ran a month of ursa gel . i found that if i pump the gel directly on my body then rub it in works the best, if i try and rub it around in my hand before application to my body it clumps up like dried glue and is useless. the fragrance of this product is nice but i did not care for the mildly tacky skin feel. i only took it a month so i did not notice any effect for fat loss or endurance, ursa need a minimum of 2-3 months to see any significant results so be sure to buy a few bottles...i needed around2-3 months while taking PA's prototype UR Spray to get a noticeable effect
last time I ran Ursa I got results quick; I was using 3mL minimum per day. I don’t like the skin flaky thing either but I’ll take the trade off if means I can be more cost effective.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've never heard of anyone rubbing it around in their hand before application, but I would never suggest that with any topical. It's best to either pump the 1 ml onto the skin or unto the fingertips and apply directly to the skin.

When applied correctly, I can't tell its on my skin within 5 minutes of applying it but I suppose everyone's different.

I think its an ingredient that different people respond differently to in the sense that some people say it takes awhile to really start to see results and others see results kick in pretty quickly.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When applied correctly, I can't tell its on my skin within 5 minutes of applying it but I suppose everyone's different.
sounds about right. I won't put my socks on until my feet are dry to the touch and it's not much more time than like brushing teeth, putting on deodorant etc. (I have a very specific order of operations from 4:45am till 5:15am. LOL)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sounds about right. I won't put my socks on until my feet are dry to the touch and it's not much more time than like brushing teeth, putting on deodorant etc. (I have a very specific order of operations from 4:45am till 5:15am. LOL)
I'm the same way - whether its applying it to tops of feet or inside of arms, I apply it and by the time I brush my teeth and put on deodorant and take my morning supplements, its dried and I'm ready to put socks or shirt on.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take a hot shower, shave my upper body, use nitrile gloves to apply, stand in front of a fan for 5-10 mins... Let's just say I have a system with topicals.

J-Test

Awards
I take a hot shower, shave my upper body, use nitrile gloves to apply, stand in front of a fan for 5-10 mins... Let's just say I have a system with topicals.
Yep - I discovered that the Ursa Gel goes on best for me immediately after a hot shower. It goes right into the skin with zero flaking. Otherwise, if I lightly rub there's some flaking depending on application area. I just put some on at the office and it's flake city. I'll go through these two bottles and make an assessment from there.

Funny enough - immediately after showing using the Suppress-C, that flakes as opposed to the Ursa right after a hot shower.

Keep Pressin,

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep - I discovered that the Ursa Gel goes on best for me immediately after a hot shower. It goes right into the skin with zero flaking. Otherwise, if I lightly rub there's some flaking depending on application area. I just put some on at the office and it's flake city. I'll go through these two bottles and make an assessment from there.

Funny enough - immediately after showing using the Suppress-C, that flakes as opposed to the Ursa right after a hot shower.

Keep Pressin,
Which is better for fat loss?

J-Test

Awards
Which is better for fat loss?
URSA recomps well.. I’ve kept off 12 pounds since mid December and I hit 255 twice on flat bench back on the 9th weighing 208-210, two shoulder surgeries, I’m stronger on pull than push. Oral Ursa is trash. topicals better.
Also you gotta eat decent, can’t wild out eating entire pizzas and **** like that. URSA for the win.

Last edited:

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
URSA recomps well.. I’ve kept off 12 pounds since mid December and I hit 255 twice on flat bench back on the 9th weighing 208-210, two shoulder surgeries, I’m stronger on pull than push. Oral Ursa is trash. topicals better.
Also you gotta eat decent, can’t wild out eating entire pizzas and **** like that. URSA for the win.
I’m on the fence between Supress c or the Ursa. Looking mainly fat loss. Never used either. Would running Suppress C and ECA stack be better than Ursa? Figure it would counter act the cortisol spike from the eca.

J-Test

Awards
I’m on the fence between Supress c or the Ursa. Looking mainly fat loss. Never used either. Would running Suppress C and ECA stack be better than Ursa? Figure it would counter act the cortisol spike from the eca.
Never used ECA. Current xpg stack: Ursa Gel, Suppress C, Alpha Gel. Using a couple other topicals from one of their competitors.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Does it take weeks to notice anything like some say?
For me personally; With Ursa, using 3mL applied once a day a couple hours pre, I can feel myself being generally 'warmer' and sweating more, more or less right away. More vascular after a couple weeks, endurance boost probably takes ~3/4 weeks before I start noticing anything. Gets better with longer use. Ran it for about ~7 months straight last year haha.

With Supress-C, there isn't necessarily a whole lot to actually feel... but I can say that I notice my sleep is much deeper/less waking up fairly quick using it. 2mL a couple hours pre-sleep is my sweet spot.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I love the stack of Suppress-C and Ursa-Gel.

If choosing between them, one person may wind up liking one better and another person the other.

I think Ursa-Gel is more of what I'd consider for recomp and Suppress-C I would consider for fat loss, relaxation, etc.

They make an excellent stack because they're both great products but work differently.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love the stack of Suppress-C and Ursa-Gel.

If choosing between them, one person may wind up liking one better and another person the other.

I think Ursa-Gel is more of what I'd consider for recomp and Suppress-C I would consider for fat loss, relaxation, etc.

They make an excellent stack because they're both great products but work differently.
Is it normal for the Ursa to flake? Not a big deal but just wanna make sure it’s actually getting absorbed.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it normal for the Ursa to flake? Not a big deal but just wanna make sure it’s actually getting absorbed.
Yes, normal. It's still absorbed. Just means you probably applied too much or rubbed too hard.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some little things for Ursa-Gel: I find it applies best shortly after a shower, and on a clean shaved area, and shake the living **** out of the bottle before pumping some out. I also use gloves when applying.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some little things for Ursa-Gel: I find it applies best shortly after a shower, and on a clean shaved area, and shake the living **** out of the bottle before pumping some out. I also use gloves when applying.
Most of the XPG gels don't do much of anything when you shake them.

J-Test

Awards
1 pump and literally starts to flake immediately. Gel actually feels rough.
yeah, I think that particular batch from DPS must be flake-prone. I find immediately after shower it doesn’t flake. There’s a film but not flakey to where I feel it’s a waste. Another workaround I found is to get hot water and apply it to the area I’m going to apply, dry it off, and then apply XPG Ursa. Goes on as if I took a shower.
Interested to see if future batches are similar or if I just got a “have to shower first” batch

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What’s your dosage and timing? I’ve been doing 2-3 pumps within the first 3 days of TRT shot then 4 pumps on and after day 4
at times I throw it in to counter the effects of something else. for instance on long runs of ultrahard, or even a short stint of dermacrine i got minor gyno symptoms. I apply 2-3 pumps of alpha gel and within a few days my chest looks normal again.

I like that this product absorbs so well that I can put a pump on each foot, 5 minutes later put on my socks and I get the benefits of the product. Today I applied 2 pumps to my shoulders, the only product i'm currently on is

XPG Alpha Gel
SNS Optimize T
Anabolic Effect

so I'm enjoying the alpha gel more heavily since I'm not sharing skin real estate with another transdermal. one pump on each foot before bed always works well for me too.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't know what you mean by flaking, but if you're asking if its normal for there to be some residue from it, it's possible.

All XPG products use the Avant Labs carriers and are customized to the exact product/ingredient(s) for maximum absorption.

I've ordered Ursa recently from DPS and no issues with the carrier.
Thanks. And you are correct, there are no issues with the carrier on any batch.

It's ironic, I use Ursa-Gel consistently and I have never been able to replicate this issue. I have opened so many bottles trying to when this thread was originally posted, I'm not exaggerating that I probably have a 2 year supply I've opened and haven't been able to replicate it a single time.

I don't doubt that people do experience this, but it's definitely not common - and I think it is likely related to the product changing temperature in transit. All XPG products are stored in a climate controlled warehouse before shipping and I know DPS has a climate controlled warehouse, but no one can control the temperature of any product/ingredient in transit.

yeah, I think that particular batch from DPS must be flake-prone. I find immediately after shower it doesn’t flake. There’s a film but not flakey to where I feel it’s a waste. Another workaround I found is to get hot water and apply it to the area I’m going to apply, dry it off, and then apply XPG Ursa. Goes on as if I took a shower.
Interested to see if future batches are similar or if I just got a “have to shower first” batch
There is no issue with any batch of Ursa Gel.

I went into detail above in this post - as to number of bottles checked and not being able to replicate, as well as my thoughts on if anything, it could be related more to temperature changes in transit.

I don't ever apply any topical after showering bc I can't - and I've never had any issues with it. There may be a white residue, but that does not mean the product is not absorbing.

People want a super high dose per ml - that's what people have with Ursa-Gel. But as with anything, you push the dosing threshold to the highest point possible, there may be some residue from it.

There is 70 mg per ml/7 grams per bottle of Sodium Ursolate. Even IF let's say 5 mg. per ml was lost (which it isn't), you still have by far the most cost effective Sodium Ursolate product on the market by far.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Xtreme Performance Gels Ursa-Gel contains:

70 mg. Sodium Ursolate per ml
100 ml per bottle
7 grams Sodium Ursolate per bottle

All Xtreme Performance Gels products use the Avant Labs carriers, which have long been considered by many people, especially those that remember Avant, to be the gold standard of topical carriers.

XPG does not use a one carrier fits all approach – the carrier is customized for each individual product/ingredient set to ensure maximum absorption.

Xtreme Performance Gels shares Avant Labs dedication to both science and quality.
  • The Sodium Ursolate in XPG Ursa-Gel are made for XPG by a 25 mil+ branded ingredient company.
  • Each batch of raw materials is sent for independent testing before the product is made.
  • Each batch of finished product is sent out for independent testing after being made.
And even with all of the above, XPG Ursa-Gel is still by far the most cost effective Sodium Ursolate product available.

Last edited:

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Xtreme Performance Gels Ursa-Gel contains:

70 mg. Sodium Ursolate per ml
100 ml per bottle
7 grams Sodium Ursolate per bottle

All Xtreme Performance Gels products use the Avant Labs carriers, which have long been considered by many people, especially those that remember Avant, to be the gold standard of topical carriers.

XPG does not use a one carrier fits all approach – the carrier is customized for each individual product/ingredient set to ensure maximum absorption.

Xtreme Performance Gels shares Avant Labs dedication to both science and quality.
  • The Sodium Ursolate in XPG Ursa-Gel are made for XPG by a 25 mil+ branded ingredient company.
  • Each batch of raw materials is sent for independent testing before the product is made.
  • Each batch of finished product is sent out for independent testing after testing.
And even with all of the above, XPG Ursa-Gel is still by far the most cost effective Sodium Ursolate product available.
Had me absolutely drenched all day. 2 ml dosage. Definitely getting absorbed and I think I agree with the temperature explanation…now that it’s been in my house for few days it’s not doing it anywhere near as much.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't know what you mean by flaking, but if you're asking if its normal for there to be some residue from it, it's possible.
I'll preface this by saying I intentionally rubbed this in a little bit harder than I normally do to get this, but I'm assuming this is what others mean by 'flaking'... kinda little white balls that form up. But again, this is from me really 'rubbing' down, as opposed to just kind of gently spreading it out over the skin.

Attachments

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll preface this by saying I intentionally rubbed this in a little bit harder than I normally do to get this, but I'm assuming this is what others mean by 'flaking'... kinda little white balls that form up. But again, this is from me really 'rubbing' down, as opposed to just kind of gently spreading it out over the skin.
Thanks, and yeah, I absolutely agree.

I've been able to replicate that like what you posted there, but like you said, it was by really rubbing it in, versus applying it gently, which is the way its supposed to be.

I think some people think of it as having to rub it into the skin so good in order to make it penetrate, when that's not the case at all. Penetrating the skin is the carriers job, it just needs to be applied gently over the skin.

In day to day life, I always tell people with topicals - you want to rub them on your skin, not try to rub them thru your skin.

I think what @BillD was asking about is likely a temperature change in transit thing, which I'm glad to see that after it's been at his house at room temperature that it isn't doing as much and that he can feel it working.