Philadelphia Eagles fans, no haters please

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I'm excited to see what watkins brings to the team. He appears to be a really good guy who takes pride in giving 100%. We need a new fan favorite. A leader on this team. Seeing the eagles win that award at the espy's for that miracle win at the meadow lands suddenly got the adrenaline going for football. I'm tired of hearing about the lock out but it suddenly hit me, I need football! lol

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
So I guess picking Jarrett means Mikell will be gone? I won't miss Mikell for sure! ESPN posted the cons on Jarrett as this:

Cons: Gets in position to make a play on the ball but doesn't always finish. Will mis-time some jumps and hands are questionable. Lacks elite playmaking ability in this area.

Those are pretty much the same cons Mikell had! Hope this is not the case.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mikell is more than likely a goner....

as far as J, its hard to say cause we havent seen him play in the NFL. heck, who knew Jamar Chaney would be a stud? nobody.

as far as his college play, alot of NFL teams thought of him as a high 2nd, or 3rd round pick. ESPN analysts that have coached or played in the NFL before have all said they would love to have him on their team in a heartbeat.

he does need coaching, like every rookie does. but he brings physicality to the table. he hits hard. he will be put at SS, not FS so his hands dont need to be perfect. he is an in the box run stopper and will knock you out. thats what we need!!

he and nate allen compliment each other perfectly. while nate is the center fielder who has speed to go from side line to side line making plays on the ball, J will knock a dude on his butt

youtube his highlights

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I really like nate allen. Though a lot were concerned about his size he plays at a big level. Just hope we can fill that dawkins hole with jarret!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO, nates size is good. if he put on muscle that would be a plus, but not every FS needs to be a bdawk

mjtags67

Awards
go flyers..i havent been this excited about an upcoming season since they got lindros

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so who all did they get and how good are they? i used to be up to speed with all philly sports but the past few years ive been eagles and phillies only.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know they traded there two main players and got jagr and a crap ton of players and a goalie who is apparently better than bouche

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well....how u like the team now? told ya we would sign nnamdi

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I don't remember being this excited for a season ever. A explosion of quality players have been added to this team and in positions much needed. I'm not too worried about the eagles linebacker situation now that the backs are so solid, I think they will be ok. Stewart bradley leaving doesn't leave much of a hole I don't think. I think the guy LOOKS like the ideal line backer but he's only been injury prone and never amounted to a quality linebacker. Way overhyped. Also the D-line has been beefed up nicely.

I'm still wondering about the special teams.. There's been no talk about that. They were horrendous last year.

Looks like Desean should be returning to camp soon, I think because of his size he's not a clutch redzone guy so I don't believe he deserves the kind of cash the bigger guys get but at the same time we can't afford to lose him. He's a game changing kind of player. Other teams will pay top dollar for him if the eagles don't. For the catches he doesn't make he more than makes up for them in his ability to get down the field faster then anyone.

Signing a guard for vick is really good. Though the guy has been on 4 different teams in a short period of time his stats are pretty good so hopefully he will come through. They need help on the O-line desperatley. Having jamal back at center and watkins on the other side I think things should be much different.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed with everything you said.

also, im very worried about maclin. he has mono off and on since the spring....maybe we sign braylon edwards??? who knows with this team...

also, is asante going to be traded? not sure. if a team offers the right price, probably. i dont wana see him get traded though. love his attitude.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go get braylon!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah thats who i want if maclin is for sure struggling.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
They seem to have plenty of wide recievers so it looks like they have thought about the possibilities of jackson or maclin not being able to play. Granted they aren't really proven quality players. Like you said at this point nothing would surprise me. Why not go out and sign randy moss for a year? He said he wasn't getting the money he wanted so he retired. Maybe the eagles can bring him back out of retirement. haha.

I would hate to see asante go too but things aren't looking good, I really don't know how they are going to make it work. Also his trade value is high so they will definetely hear offers.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reason I like Braylon is size.....Eagles have no size in the WR department. For the most part, they can be pushed around...at least Braylon gives you some size.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
they got some great players now lets hope andy reid doesn't choke in the playoffs this year.
Along with choking in the playoffs every season, He's also extremely good at covering his butt so that when they lose it's never his fault. I imagine if they do the same this year the story will be "Hey we tried everything, Look at all the good players we got, unfortunately it just didn't work out". Last year would of been a great time to get rid of him but if they win I'd give very little if any credit to him. He has a probowl team. They shouldn't do anything but win a superbowl this year. Reid just has way too much power, If he was really smart he would just sit back like Joe paterno and be more of a figure and let the other coaches do their job and then take the credit for the wins. I guess having that power and security of knowing you'll be back next year no matter what is good enough insurance for him though.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Along with choking in the playoffs every season, He's also extremely good at covering his butt so that when they lose it's never his fault. I imagine if they do the same this year the story will be "Hey we tried everything, Look at all the good players we got, unfortunately it just didn't work out". Last year would of been a great time to get rid of him but if they win I'd give very little if any credit to him. He has a probowl team. They shouldn't do anything but win a superbowl this year. Reid just has way too much power, If he was really smart he would just sit back like Joe paterno and be more of a figure and let the other coaches do their job and then take the credit for the wins. I guess having that power and security of knowing you'll be back next year no matter what is good enough insurance for him though.
I agree 100%

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as far as choking last playoffs, i honestly blame it all on Akers. if he would have made those two easy FGs, we would have beat the pack. i also blame that game on vick for not checking down more

as far as size at WR, we are small, but maclin is a decent size (he is back at camp btw) and riley cooper is our size. size doesnt mean good players. look at steve smith, desean. u can still win.

and if we keep asante, we would go nickel or dime all game like the packers do and have nnamdi our version on charles woodson on pakers. he spoke about that role on eagles website. DRC and nnamdi said if asante stayed, they would make it work.

i can totally see how ppl blame reid for choking...but seriously....how can u blame a coach for winning so much. sure he hasnt won the big game, but not many coaches can say they have. we are in the playoffs almost every year. dude is a qb guru. im fine with reid if he ran the ball just a tad more. i mean honestly, who else would u rather have? cohwer? heck no.

and reid has power in the offense, and our offense is fine. look who he hired for D. best D line coach in the game in washburn. he will leet wash coach his boys up and get to the qb. our D sucked last year cause injuries and sean McD's schemes were too complex. u want the players to read and react, not think. if sean had the players we have this year, i think he would do alot better. we have alot more talent.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reid is the biggest draw back to that team. He is a horrible in game coach, and as was said before, is very quick to place blame on everyone else. I am curious to see what happens to him if this team does not meet its potential this year.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i can totally see why everybody hates on him, but he is better than 90% of the NFL coaches.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's true akers missing those kicks cost us a win but how many wins have the eagles had because of akers? It was a bizzare fluke that he missed those two kicks.

I blame a coach for winning so much because he should be winning with the kind of talent they have had over the years. It's the little things that win a game. The basics. The "small ball" of baseball. Poor play calling. Times when you the fan knows what they are gonna do and so does the opposing defense yet they run the play anyway. No surprise. It's like with the phillies. How do you beat them. You throw them off speed stuff. They suck at hitting curveballs and sliders but they still approach each game with the fastball mindset. If they are gonna win the world series they HAVE to be patient and learn how to hit the off speed stuff because teams like the Giants know this. This second series with the giants will tell it all I think.

Last year they averaged 5 some yards a carry. Simple math tells you run the ball more but reid can't add. That "small ball" rush here and there leads to first downs. With that average yards per carry that tells you you have a decent chance at getting a first down on 3 rushing plays. Why not implement that!

We don't need to get into his time management...

Regarding shawn, how can you replace a LEGEND like Jim Johnson? That made him look worse then he was. I think the injuries and just plain lack of talent had the most to do with the lack of defense.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lack of talent and injuries had a major part with the D. as far as the GB game, i would say we had a good plan. we were the only team to get beat by GB 5 points or less. smallest losing margin in means of points. GB killed all the other teams basically. and vick didnt pick up the blitz...thats his fault, not the coaches. he needs to study, which he is this off season.

as far as the run game, the reason its so good is because we never do it, if that makes sense. teams expect us to throw on 2nd and 8, yet we run the draw and catches them off guard and go for a gain of 7. but i do wish we ran a bit more.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Dude, your giving me horrific flash backs of GB blitzing. There was no blocking! Vick stood no chance! The way they were getting blitzed they should of put a DL as tight end and make him block. Along with the full back. They never adjusted to the blitz. They let them keep coming over and over. I seriously was convinced they wanted vick hospitalized. I couldn't disagree more with Vick not picking up the blitz, he was running for his life almost every down.

I think your running theory has some logic but I also feel like we all know when they are running. I feel like they are the easiest team to read in the NFL and we only get by because of sheer talent. Guys getting open and making plays.

BTW it's been reported that the EAGLES have made a post-retirement offer to Randy Moss. With all this talent, I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to come to the eagles even if their offer isn't exactly what he wants. Unless at this point nothing will bring him back in.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i can totally see why everybody hates on him, but he is better than 90% of the NFL coaches.
I gotta disagree. He has had some serious talent in the past, and has underachieved often. On top of that, his in game skill as a coach is terrible.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my biggest knock on him is he is really really bad when things get tight and he has to make changes.hopefully this doesn't happen again this year.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
with mcnabb, we have never had real offensive talent other than westbrook and owens for a year. even with no start go to WR, we went to the playoffs like 9/11 years...not every team can say that. and what has stayed the same on the team? the coach, andy reid. players have come and gone, and yet every year it seems like we are in the playoffs. andy knows how to coach. he just has flaws like every other coach. who is better than andy? i know bellicheck, but who else? if i had to pick a head coach other than bill b, i would pick andy 10times outta 10 no question. dude wins games.

and how can u say hes not better than most coaches in nfl? he has the more wins and more playoff appearances than 90% of the league.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I always felt They should of kept Jon Gruden and made him head coach and got rid of Reid a long time ago. Look what he did in Tampa. They didn't exactly have the greatest team on paper either. His first season he went 12-4 and won a superbowl!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gruden would be good. but look what reid has done. he brought in the best O line and D line coaches in the league. hes trying hid best.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always felt They should of kept Jon Gruden and made him head coach and got rid of Reid a long time ago. Look what he did in Tampa. They didn't exactly have the greatest team on paper either. His first season he went 12-4 and won a superbowl!
indeed he did.I'ma huge TB fa by the way ;)

.andy is a good coach but when its time to make changes he's awful

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
.andy is a good coach but when its time to make changes he's awful
Exactly! I'm not saying he's the worst coach out there, I'm just saying when it counts, when it really really counts he lets you down. I also think his biggest downfall is his ability to change. He has a set way of doing things and that's IT! Sure he might have integrity but he can take a big lesson in humility.

Also in philadelphia fans love someone when they give them a little honesty. We respect that they can't tell all and we understand that but give us a little something, a little emotion. Reid has never done that. He gives the most political answers I've ever seen in any other NFL coach or player. I will say though, bring us a championship and we will forgive REID of all his sins and he will be acquited of all charges! haha

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
If it truly worked we'd have a championship. It just shows the pieces that are missing are so small because we get close every year but so big at the same time because we can't finish. If Reid just worked on the few missing pieces mentioned above, we'd have a championship. We would of had a couple. I feel very strong about that.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know we want a ring, but we have had more success than most. im very thankful that i can look forward to a playoff run every season

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it truly worked we'd have a championship. It just shows the pieces that are missing are so small because we get close every year but so big at the same time because we can't finish. If Reid just worked on the few missing pieces mentioned above, we'd have a championship. We would of had a couple. I feel very strong about that.
I agree

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow....steve smith....i love the players abilities, hate the player (ex giant)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh, back to philly talk....i agree with alot of what you both are saying, and yes, he does screw up. but we have a tendency to take advantage and for granted what we have. we win so many games. not very many teams can say that. and we win with alot of people injured. every year it seems we start off with SB or bust, then we get hurt (knock on ALOT of wood!) and just hope to make it to the playoffs . if we stayed healthy for a few of these past years, i truly think we would have make it to the SB. we had a TERRIBLE RCB last year and we almost beat GB....we have talent. especially this year. lets go win us a ring now

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Last night breakdown.

Offensive line was offensive!!! Vick getting slammed to the ground time after time. Horrible flashbacks of last year. I thought I was seeing replays! Vick had no time to drop back and step into a throw. They HAVE to fix this! uggggghhh!!!!!

Unlike last week they adjusted. Mccoy did a excellent job catching short passes in the old familiar brian westbrook role. Shady looks real good and he's gonna be a big threat this year. Brown is looking like a solid back up as well.

The defense made drastic improvements. Matthews stepped up big time in this game. Maybe there's hope that he can be a solid MLB. Chaney looked good on the outside. Maybe they got 2 LB's secured? We can only hope.

Special teams is looking better then last year but it's really hard to tell with the new kick off rule. Ball seems to be always at the 20 no matter what. New kickers look pretty solid so far.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anyone see that what if m vick was white ****?? wtf was that stuff about??

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah that was messed up mich.

as far as the O line, look....Todd has been moved to RT and evan mathis is LG, which pro football talk rated him the 10th best G in the NFL. It will be bumpy at first with two rookies on the line, but our screen game is gonna b sick with kelce in there. boy can move. if he plays bad vs the rams, i want him out for sure.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad mike got paid but some of that money should have went to protecting him. All that money means nothing once he gets hurt. That's what I"m most worried about. He won't get protection so he'll scramble and mike's animal kicks in and he's no wuse, he'll be going head first for first downs if it comes down to it. It sure is nice to have a real leader on this team though. Donavan was just not that guy. I think that's always been a big missing link, along with Reid's coaching mistakes. I think Donavan did got tired in the superbowl but I know for sure that Vick wouldn't have neither would he. He will single handedly win games for this team. Especially at crunch time.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i agree on the O line, but we havent seen THIS O line play yet. it could be alot better, it could be worse. it seems to be, on paper, ALOT better. Todd H has always wanted to play RT so he has the desire to. This will also help Danny Watkins since Todd is an established vet. Danny wont have a scrub playing next to him

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
reid has had some solid teams.I at least expect them to make it to the nfc champ game.but of course they will lose to my bucs in this game :)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Can't believe they are still shuffling the line around! Danny Watkins is out now! This whole season is gonna be a experiment, and I see Vick doing a lot of scrambling. The lack of mini camps and training is really hurting.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I thought they were going to dismember the 49ers but they truly gave that one away. They'll have to go 8-2 the rest of the way to get in the Play-Offs IMO. They may even win the division if they beat Dallas twice and the Giants in the next match up

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hope they turn it around....Like ALL THE WAY around!

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Hello all. Just wanted to remind everyone that the Eagles are still the 2018 super bowl champions !!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love it!!!! Tomorrow I gotta post my super bowl story. It’s EPIC.