Philadelphia Eagles fans, no haters please

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
the eagles are the 3rd seed, if the giants win this weekend they'll be the 6th seed, that means a 3rd game, it's hard enough to beat a more talented team, harder to beat them twice, but almost impossible to beat them 3 times especially when the team has already outplayed the eagles 5 out 8 quarters
The main problem is that there are 2 games to go and a lot can happen especially in the NFC. Ask the Ravens about losing 3 times in a season to the same team:mischievous:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
the eagles are the 3rd seed, if the giants win this weekend they'll be the 6th seed, that means a 3rd game, it's hard enough to beat a more talented team, harder to beat them twice, but almost impossible to beat them 3 times especially when the team has already outplayed the eagles 5 out 8 quarters
spoken like a true giants fan. let me remind you that you guys are 0-6 against us in the last 2 years.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
from philly, born there, lived there for a while....i have my own sports blog. i get info faster than espn does lol go birds baby

anyways, washburn is going to make this D line insane. Castillo is a genius move. if u wanna know why just ask. howard mudd is going to do some amazing things to our line. we have great second year men who are going to make a push to start like howard and lindley. i believe the CB position is going to be addressed in FA if we have one....first pick of the draft would not surprise me if we traded out of the first round....if we dont, we will get a RG/RT. reid likes to convert tackles to guards like todd herremans...this is why i think austin howard is going to make a push for starting RG unless we draft a stud. he has some experience at LT, and mudd's coaching is going to make a world of difference. if you dont believe me, ask colts center jeff saturday. he was an UDFA coming into the league and mudd transformed him into an all pro. i could go on and on all day but ill stop and get back to supplements lol oh by the way...the phantastic phour rotation is going be so fun to watch :D

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Dude I hate The Eagles. Hotel California is so overrated.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
u understand we are talking about the football team right lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
btw, any of u fans watch eagles live on the site?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i love that we got washburn and mudd but how is Castillo a great move???? guy hasnt coached defense since 1989 HS team. hes gotta learn substitutions and NFL packages and all kinds of stuff. explain?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i love that we got washburn and mudd but how is Castillo a great move???? guy hasnt coached defense since 1989 HS team. hes gotta learn substitutions and NFL packages and all kinds of stuff. explain?
i thought the same. check it out. castillo and jim johnson would BOTH develop blitz packages constantly. JJ said castillo was constantly in his ear about new ideas. think about it this way....castillo spends soo much time coming up with protection schemes to defeat the blitz. he constantly looks at film of opposing teams so he knows what they are trying to do and he knows how to stop it...he just doesnt have a good right side of the line right now to work with. that being said, dont u think somebody who has seen every NFL teams defense and how they blitz and what works for them, and trying to figure out what blitz works well against certain protections be an awesome D coordinator in drawing up blitzing schemes to defeat opposing teams protection? now am i saying all O lineman coaches should move to D? no, not at all. but castillo is different...he is a pure football coach. he could coach any position if he wanted to. he is known around the league as the hardest working coach in the NFL. he will have our new CB coach who is a veteran coach and washburn who has been around for a while to help him along the way. andy reid made a bold decision, but this could be gold for our defense.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
sure can. i just hope he can manage it all in game type situation. we already have enough fuk ups from reid when it comes to timeouts,personnel i wouldnt want to see juan struggling with packages/substitutions. i think his success entirely depends on this upcoming draft class and free agency. we need bigger and stronger players, period. we got pushed around like a bunch of high school kids last year. just look at the green bay game, they didnt even need to throw the ball at all!!! this "speedy" mcdermott team got manhandled at the line of scrimmage almost every single game. please Andy, draft some bonecrushing facespitting wilderbeasts from down south.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed. but there was only a five point margin in the loss, best in the NFL players by teams who packers beat. also, we SHOULD have won that game. akers missed 2 fields ( i believe it was because the news about is daughter having cancer) and jackson on that potential long run TD when he got caught by the shoe lace...he said he had a MCL sprain and played through it. but yes, i agree we need different personell. our D line is fine...washburn will handle that. i think chaney and stew and fokou will be our LBs unless something changes which it can and im fine with chaney, stew, fokou...asante is a lock, nate allen/coleman im fine with...if mikell stays, hes a lock at SS...its that RCB position. eagles will make a strong push for nmadi..but will it happen? we will see.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Anyone find it Ironic that Andy's son Spencer is a running back who just signed up for temple football and Andy never runs the freaking ball!?? It don't take brains to figure out that their relationship isn't that close. LOL.

BTW besides akers missing the 2 FG's, the birds would have beat the pack if they would of just kept running the ball. They were getting near 4 yards a rush. Since andy never goes with what's working it just makes it so difficult. Even with a team with this much talent. When you look at what went wrong the big things are coaching calls. We had a HORRIBLE offensive line, non existent, and VICK was getting pounded so they should of ran the ball more but they Didn't!!! It was so frustrating. Get a extra lineman in there as a tight end to block. Get the full back in there for split backs. There were no adjustments made!!! It was killing me! Vick getting pounded time after time and you knew what was coming.

I believe they had and have the talent, it's not about that. With certain adjustments they could of got further. Even with a week defense and o line.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
our linebackers cant stop the run that well. stew cant cover his own a$$. we need a good second corner. it just feels like our D cant shed routine blocks even when we know the run is coming. graham didnt play all that great but he is a rookie so its expected.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
andys sons are garbage at football

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DE is the hardest defensive position for a rookie to come out and own at his first year. he will be fine. stew is slow, hes more of a run stopper. and our D did GREAT during the season against the run when we had all starters in. chaney is going to be a beast, watch. him and stew should and i think will be on the field together next season. as far as CB, its either going to be a hot free agent or trevard lindley is going to be the man. i know you guys dont watch film or training camps, but dudes a beast.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is how i see our offseason going

Draft: RG , safety, DE, LB, C

Free Agency: Jasin Babin is a possibility if titans dont tag him, nmadi is a hot choice and eagles do show strong interest, maybe a lineman or LB.

our salary cap is perfect right now. we will be able to spend the money we want to in free agency. if nmadi gets with eagles, it will make castillos job so much easier. either way, the CB position will be addressed.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i watch whatever training camp videos they have on the eagles site. lindley definitely shows some promise.

didnt we release Jason Babin?? eagles are definitely too cheap to get nmamdi.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i watch whatever training camp videos they have on the eagles site. lindley definitely shows some promise.

didnt we release Jason Babin?? eagles are definitely too cheap to get nmamdi.
we released babin prior to this season but now he is a free agent and he had 12.5 sacks last season (i believe) under coach washburn who is our coach now and babin said at the pro bowl that he would love to play for washburn again. i think it would be a GREAT pickup for talent and depth..

as far as being cheap...i dont agree with you here. we have made many big money moves. TO, Kearse, Asante, Shawn and Stacie Andrews, Jason Peters...etc just philly doesnt like to pay over priced for older players. but believe me, nmadi is NOT out of there radar. am i saying it will happen? no, but im saying its a strong possibility.

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
man i just found this.........niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

other than FA and the draft....i truly beleive Kolb will be moved, i doubt anyone will cough up a 1, but 2nd rnd picks are gold anyway.....so many qb needy **** teams who'd pull the trigger

i understand keeping him at his bargain price to backup for another year, but his value will only go down imo

CanadianJuicy

Awards
man i just found this.........niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

other than FA and the draft....i truly beleive Kolb will be moved, i doubt anyone will cough up a 1, but 2nd rnd picks are gold anyway.....so many qb needy **** teams who'd pull the trigger

i understand keeping him at his bargain price to backup for another year, but his value will only go down imo
The Eagles better think twice about trading Kolb. If any team needs a strong back-up it's a team that has Vick as their starter. I know if I were an Eagle fan I would want a capable back-up with Mike's injury history and style of play.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
listen, we HAVE to trade kk. his contract is up at the end of next season and we wouldnt get anything for him. and trust me, teams WILL give up a first rounder in the top 10 for kk. just watch. i PROMISE you that if the CBA gets settled before the draft, we will trade kk for a top 10 first rounder....once we trade him, we will sign a veteran qb who is proven like chad henne or hasselbeck...or somebody of their caliper.

also, sure vicks style is dangerous...but the more he played, the more he learned how to slide and get out of bounds. our line is so crappy that he HAD to run...sure he held the ball to long sometimes and didnt pick up the blitz at times, but this was his first real year as a qb....just wait till we sure up the line in the draft and FA, getting jammal jackson back is huge...mike mcglynn might slide to RG depending on draft and FA.

as far as KKs value, listen. washington gave up a 2nd and a 4th to an old qb who was on the downside of his career....teams ARE CURRENTLY negotiating with the eagles for kk...but deals cant be done till CBA is resolved. during the combine, kk was the hottest topic being talked about. last season, teams said they would offer a first round pick and MORE. and kk is not a back up. he is a ready starter in the NFL...just needs time to get adjusted...his first two starts he threw for over 300 yards and he destroyed the first seed falcons when vick went down the previous game. hes ready. trust me. we will get what we want for kk and that is a first round top ten pick

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
listen, we HAVE to trade kk. his contract is up at the end of next season and we wouldnt get anything for him. and trust me, teams WILL give up a first rounder in the top 10 for kk. just watch. i PROMISE you that if the CBA gets settled before the draft, we will trade kk for a top 10 first rounder....once we trade him, we will sign a veteran qb who is proven like chad henne or hasselbeck...or somebody of their caliper.

also, sure vicks style is dangerous...but the more he played, the more he learned how to slide and get out of bounds. our line is so crappy that he HAD to run...sure he held the ball to long sometimes and didnt pick up the blitz at times, but this was his first real year as a qb....just wait till we sure up the line in the draft and FA, getting jammal jackson back is huge...mike mcglynn might slide to RG depending on draft and FA.

as far as KKs value, listen. washington gave up a 2nd and a 4th to an old qb who was on the downside of his career....teams ARE CURRENTLY negotiating with the eagles for kk...but deals cant be done till CBA is resolved. during the combine, kk was the hottest topic being talked about. last season, teams said they would offer a first round pick and MORE. and kk is not a back up. he is a ready starter in the NFL...just needs time to get adjusted...his first two starts he threw for over 300 yards and he destroyed the first seed falcons when vick went down the previous game. hes ready. trust me. we will get what we want for kk and that is a first round top ten pick
the draft is deep with d linemen....id go there or o-line for sure seeing its a need...if kolb got moved for a top 12....i can see philly trading down and picking up a couple 2s and 3s with their 1s....makes more sense and they usually draft well

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
we NEED O linemen. we were awful there last year. andy needs to go back to his ways and fill the room up with big boys

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we have already upgraded both of the lines with washburn and mudd as the coaches. those two are the best in the NFL at there positions. we will address the O line and D line this off season

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established

k
I think if this does happen, they pick a corner early and take the O-lineman from Wisconsin if they still have the later pick.

Im not feeling good about the CBA though, these things never ever get done early

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
andys sons are garbage at football
I played against them in highschool, the older druggie ones, they went to Harriton High School, they sucked, pretty sure they didn't even make all conference, they were real tall but very skinny, like maybe 6'4" 200lbs, straight up poosies

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I think if this does happen, they pick a corner early and take the O-lineman from Wisconsin if they still have the later pick.

Im not feeling good about the CBA though, these things never ever get done early
i just saw that O lineman on NFL channel at the wisconsin pro day. he looked pretty small. i want us to get a nasty angry mean fat guy with no teeth.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
i just saw that O lineman on NFL channel at the wisconsin pro day. he looked pretty small. i want us to get a nasty angry mean fat guy with no teeth.
yea I want another Runyan, and huge bulldozer that makes Tuck look like a baby

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you guys are talking about Gabe Carimi. He is 6'8" 320....thats a good size lineman right there. and yes, i agree. if we trade kolb, we need to draft CB peterson. dude is raw. develop lindley more and we will have our future CBs

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
you guys are talking about Gabe Carimi. He is 6'8" 320....thats a good size lineman right there. and yes, i agree. if we trade kolb, we need to draft CB peterson. dude is raw. develop lindley more and we will have our future CBs
o hes that big? ok nvm

yeah peterson is a beast

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
me too! hopefully we can get something good from the kolb trade.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Danny Watkins is a perfect fit. im pumped
He looks like one, but I'm so used to all hype in philly. We haven't had a real leader on the line since runyan. The big thing I'm worried about though is Vick needs someone to cover his blindside, last year he was getting nailed time after time and they did nothing to solve the problem. Wish they would address that issue more openly.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Justice had a need issue and had surgery during this offseason. He performed well in the beginning of the season. eagles are very high on winston and with Howard Mudd coaching, he can only get better. Speculation has it that, depending on how danny watkins does during camp and preseason if we have one, he will either play RG or LG and todd would move to LG to help with vicks blind side. but that whole blind side, IMO, is a bunch of crap. even if pass rushers come on the opposite side of blind side, vick isnt looking at them, hes looking down field anyways so in reality, every side is a blind side.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
o man read the article on philly.com about Mudd and his style. eagles players already talking about how Mudd is much more capable than Juan. and we moved Juan to Def Cordinator, good luck defense..

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
have u actually thought of why they moved juan to defense? sure its hit or miss, but if its a hit, andy reid is gonna look like a freakin genius.

and yes, mudd is the best O line coach in the NFL. and washburn is the best D line coach in the NFL. it all starts at the line!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
have u actually thought of why they moved juan to defense? sure its hit or miss, but if its a hit, andy reid is gonna look like a freakin genius.

and yes, mudd is the best O line coach in the NFL. and washburn is the best D line coach in the NFL. it all starts at the line!
yes you explained to me your view. what if juan is simply not a very good coach and he is still on the team because of being Andy's boy? dont get me wrong i hope you are 100% right

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
but that whole blind side, IMO, is a bunch of crap. even if pass rushers come on the opposite side of blind side, vick isnt looking at them, hes looking down field anyways so in reality, every side is a blind side.
Yea, a quarterback should be focused on looking downfield but the majority of shots I saw vick take were from his blind side. I seriously thought Justice was gonna get him killed by the end of the season. I was probably more upset over vick taking shots then anything last year. The O line was just non-existent. If they get a good leader in there (hopefully danny) that pumps the guys up and makes them perform better it could be a whole different line.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes you explained to me your view. what if juan is simply not a very good coach and he is still on the team because of being Andy's boy? dont get me wrong i hope you are 100% right
where did u see juan was not a good coach? he was one of the best OL coaches in the league and highly regarded and coveted by alot of NFL teams. He had so many injuries on the O line and inconsistency from players. new center, RG was a huge hole, and an upcoming player in RT.

as far as being andys boy, wasnt dmac his boy? dawk? b west? he lets ppl go when he needs/wants to. he understands if he doesnt do his best, he is gone also.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, a quarterback should be focused on looking downfield but the majority of shots I saw vick take were from his blind side. I seriously thought Justice was gonna get him killed by the end of the season. I was probably more upset over vick taking shots then anything last year. The O line was just non-existent. If they get a good leader in there (hopefully danny) that pumps the guys up and makes them perform better it could be a whole different line.
vick taking shots was NOT completely all the O lines fault. sure it had a big influence, but lets talk o line first then get to vick.

Peters is locked in at LT
Todd H is locked at LG, possibly RG
Jammal Jackson and Mike McGlynn will compete at C. If mike loses, he will compete for RG or LG as well as backup at all three inside line positions.
Watkins likely starter at RG unless Todd plays RG and he competes with Mike McGlynn for LG/RG
Dunlap/Justice will duke it out for RT. Dunlap played pretty well last season and eagles were impressed. with mudd, he may beat out Justice.

Justice he even said his knee should have had surgery during the season, therefor ending his season, but he played through it. that affected his play. i am not worried about him. he played very well during the beginning/middle of the season. clay matthews blew him up round 1 of playoffs.

Now on to VICK
Teams were not blitzing him at all during most of the season. When we had miracle at the meadowlands, NY put out the blueprint on how to stop vick. when vick was heavily pressured, he did NOT check down at all to Mccoy or his quick slant, he kept looking down field, scrambling and most of the time running away like he did in ATL.

He had a very hard time picking up the blitz. combine that with poor O line and you are screwed.

Also, this was his first year back as a STARTER. he hasnt seen a heavy, blitz happy team in years. I guarantee that is one of his main focus' this off season. He even said he is constantly watching tape right now and going through in his head what he did wrong and how he can fix it.

as far as your leader, look for jamaal to make a solid return and be the anchor of the O line barring no injuries

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
where did u see juan was not a good coach? he was one of the best OL coaches in the league and highly regarded and coveted by alot of NFL teams. He had so many injuries on the O line and inconsistency from players. new center, RG was a huge hole, and an upcoming player in RT.

as far as being andys boy, wasnt dmac his boy? dawk? b west? he lets ppl go when he needs/wants to. he understands if he doesnt do his best, he is gone also.
well for one, players said that when they watched tape with Mudd he got pissed at all the things that Juan would praise. im also not sure why Juan couldnt make something out of Stacy Andrews and why (as the article states) Peters has struggled to fit into Juan's system. for guys that performed well on other teams i dont see why they cant do the same on the eagles.

Dunlap was close to not making the team last year. they were saying how he couldnt get low which was something he needed to do being 6'7". im just skeptical at this point. we have a championship caliber team and instead of going out and hiring **** Jauron or someone else we move Juan to Defense. Sounds to me like they wanted to hire Mudd and didnt want to fire Juan.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
vick taking shots was NOT completely all the O lines fault. sure it had a big influence, but lets talk o line first then get to vick.

when vick was heavily pressured, he did NOT check down at all to Mccoy or his quick slant, he kept looking down field, scrambling and most of the time running away like he did in ATL.

He had a very hard time picking up the blitz. combine that with poor O line and you are screwed.

Also, this was his first year back as a STARTER. he hasnt seen a heavy, blitz happy team in years. I guarantee that is one of his main focus' this off season. He even said he is constantly watching tape right now and going through in his head what he did wrong and how he can fix it.

as far as your leader, look for jamaal to make a solid return and be the anchor of the O line barring no injuries
I'd give the blame about 90% on the o line. Vick made a effort to stay in the pocket more then he ever has. He did a great job too for what he's not known for doing. What I didn't get was why didn't they bring in the FB to help out to protect him when he was getting globbered time after time. The last few games of the season were like watching someone get killed and you know how to save them and you can't do anything about it. I couldn't believe they would allow it to happen time after time. I'm like do they want this guy to get hurt? What's going on!!!

Also the play calling as usual. They weren't working the screen and utilizing the backs like we saw for years with westbrook. I don't know where they game went. That would of definetely helped out vick. They had a good rushing game too but they didn't utilize that enough. They were averaging near 5 yards a carry.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well for one, players said that when they watched tape with Mudd he got pissed at all the things that Juan would praise. im also not sure why Juan couldnt make something out of Stacy Andrews and why (as the article states) Peters has struggled to fit into Juan's system. for guys that performed well on other teams i dont see why they cant do the same on the eagles.

Dunlap was close to not making the team last year. they were saying how he couldnt get low which was something he needed to do being 6'7". im just skeptical at this point. we have a championship caliber team and instead of going out and hiring **** Jauron or someone else we move Juan to Defense. Sounds to me like they wanted to hire Mudd and didnt want to fire Juan.

whoa whoa whoa....hoooold up. Peters has struggled in Juans system? why did he make the pro bowl two years in a row? and King almost not making the team??? who else would have been backup Tackle? a rookie? no way. and where is stacy andrews now? there is a reason he isnt doing anything. he is garbage. Im not sure where u read all this info on mudd not liking Juans system....eagles never leak inside info.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd give the blame about 90% on the o line. Vick made a effort to stay in the pocket more then he ever has. He did a great job too for what he's not known for doing. What I didn't get was why didn't they bring in the FB to help out to protect him when he was getting globbered time after time. The last few games of the season were like watching someone get killed and you know how to save them and you can't do anything about it. I couldn't believe they would allow it to happen time after time. I'm like do they want this guy to get hurt? What's going on!!!

Also the play calling as usual. They weren't working the screen and utilizing the backs like we saw for years with westbrook. I don't know where they game went. That would of definetely helped out vick. They had a good rushing game too but they didn't utilize that enough. They were averaging near 5 yards a carry.

vick lost faith in his O line and had to rely on his athletic ability to get the job done which produced sacks. he didnt start to get sacked until the Giants second game which they blitzed ALOT and laid the blueprint on how to stop vick.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
check my new thread in this section. i basically broke down the starting roster

BigKoolWhip

BigKoolWhip

Awards
i look at it this way the receiver is just as good as the qb. If you have an on point qb the receiver will be just as good. If u have a horrible qb thats never good. Mcnabb had the weapons and he did hook up with them many times but over the years of the playoffs and super bowl where it mattered the most he choked. I agree that mcnabb should have never had to put up with all the criticism but hey philly fans are the toughest and any pro athleate in philly will tell u that and if u cant play to the fans expectations and not be able to put up with criticism then get out. All these years mcnabb has played for the eagles not 1 superbowl ring to show. What a shame. Hopefully Kolb get 1 or a few rings!!!

texans dont use criticism we use andre johnson to get u off of the field.