Answered phenibut vs picamolin vs gaba

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can the first two be a good alternative pwo vs gaba for gh production ? I know gaba has been shown to increase lean muscle mass by 817% when combined with protein and can increase gh by 500% . Would we get similar effects from Picamilon pwo with a protein shake ?

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can the first two be a good alternative pwo vs gaba for gh production ? I know gaba has been shown to increase lean muscle mass by 817% when combined with protein and can increase gh by 500% . Would we get similar effects from Picamilon pwo with a protein shake ?
Phenibut is probably stronger but I haven't seen anything on picamilon and GH. Phenibut does raise dopamine levels so maybe more of an edge in the gym. I've used them both but more for anxiety and sleep.

Unless you're using pharmagaba regular GABA poorly gets into the brain so phenibut or picamilon are far more effective choices.

My 2 cents.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Phenibut is probably stronger but I haven't seen anything on picamilon and GH. Phenibut does raise dopamine levels so maybe more of an edge in the gym. I've used them both but more for anxiety and sleep.

Unless you're using pharmagaba regular GABA poorly gets into the brain so phenibut or picamilon are far more effective choices.

My 2 cents.
What is different about “PharmaGABA “ like in Olympus protein .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So pwo pharma gaba would be better than both you think. GABA supplements are widely available and sold off the shelves in large grocery stores. However, GABA supplementation does not affect GABA levels in the brain because GABA is unable to cross the blood-brain barrier so how does this branded gaba work any different?

Last edited:
S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So pwo pharma gaba would be better than both you think. GABA supplements are widely available and sold off the shelves in large grocery stores. However, GABA supplementation does not affect GABA levels in the brain because GABA is unable to cross the blood-brain barrier so how does this branded gaba work any different?
It's been well studied and uses a organic process to make it more bioavailable I believe.

http://pharmagaba.com/health-benefit.html

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone logged pharmagaba with protein for that YUUGE muscle growth?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone logged pharmagaba with protein for that YUUGE muscle growth?
I don’t see any thing on phara gaba from there site that says it helps sigh building muscle but Olympus labs says it does . What am I missing .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Broken link ? If gaba is gaba I still don’t get how one is more bio Avaliable. ,I could just take something like astragin with it and increase the absorption correct ?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Broken link ? If gaba is gaba I still don’t get how one is more bio Avaliable. ,I could just take something like astragin with it and increase the absorption correct ?
Link works for me, just take it and get YUUGE!

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The study on Gaba and whey showing increased lean mass compared to whey alone was using regular GABA and not Pharmagaba.

https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2016/05001/Combined_Oral_Intake_of_GABA_with_Whey_Protein.166.aspx
If you look at the email on the study it's pharmafoods.co.jp the company who makes Pharmagaba.

Also

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2016/07/27/GABA-may-enhance-whey-protein-s-muscle-building-potential-Study#

"Study details The Japan-based scientists recruited 26 resistance-trained men aged between 26 and 48, and assigned them to receive 10 grams of whey protein per day with or without an additional 100 mg of PharmaGABA. All men trained twice a week for 12 weeks."

Seems significant I didn't expect that much of a change just from 100 mg of gaba.

Here's another interesting article explaining more about it.

https://bioclinicnaturals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/CH-GABA.pdf

Looks like it was stronger than even Theanine. Great I googled myself into trying this.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Took 750mg Phenibut yesterday. Went to bed, woke up middle of the night with nausea. Growth hormone surges can make one nauseous. My hypothesis is the phenibut increased my GH output during sleep, enough to give me nausea.

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Took 750mg Phenibut yesterday. Went to bed, woke up middle of the night with nausea. Growth hormone surges can make one nauseous. My hypothesis is the phenibut increased my GH output during sleep, enough to give me nausea.
I noticed that I usually just take ginger before bed.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I noticed that I usually just take ginger before bed.
Yeah. I should have because it was very uncomfortable, and made it harder to fall back asleep.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So then out of the 3 for gh do we still want PharmaGABA?
Studies show a 550% increase in blood growth hormone levels 90 minutes after taking a 5-gram dose of plan old gaba. Also I read when GABA was taken before working out with weights, 30 minutes after ingestion growth hormone increased 200% greater than those taking a placebo and lifting weights so I’m wondering when is the best dose and does it need to be PharmaGABA if what I found on google was with regular gaba. Also found this on google. We should time our GABA intake about 30 minutes before training. We would also recommend another serving 30 minutes after training. This dosing protocol will produce significantly elevated growth hormone levels during and a couple of hours after training.
Also, a 3 to 5 gram serving right before bed will increase growth hormone during one of your body’s naturally high-output times – about 90 minutes after falling asleep as you enter deep Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With PharmaGABA you just use 100 mg yet many studies are done in grams not milagrams .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe pre workout 3 grams of gaba and 100 mg of Picamilon Then pwo 2 grams. Does this mean it’s better than glutamine at raising gh . I know betaine can raise igf1 so this could be a good stack I’m thinking for a natty stack .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
-Glutamine has been shown in studies to increase growth hormone by 400% after only a 2-gram dose. I already take 3 grams of sustamine preworkout so I’m guessing that counts .

M

Megashark

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Phenibut and it's subjectively more enjoyable counterpart Baclofen, have both been showed to acutely increase GH levels. I am too lazy to Google the studies. Since picamilon is gaba bonded to niacin, pretty sure GH effects are similar, if not better

M

Megashark

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Phenibut and it's subjectively more enjoyable counterpart Baclofen, have both been showed to acutely increase GH levels. I am too lazy to Google the studies. Since picamilon is gaba bonded to niacin, pretty sure GH effects are similar, if not better

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So based on that 100 mg of Picamilon would be stronger than 100 mg of PharmaGABA wouldn’t you agree ? Also what about also The studies that use 3000 mg.?

S

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So based on that 100 mg of Picamilon would be stronger than 100 mg of PharmaGABA wouldn’t you agree ? Also what about also The studies that use 3000 mg.?
Likely. The studies on regular GABA? It's just so poor at getting into the brain I feel only gaba analogs work effectively.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah studies I was was on regular gaba .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
D Supplements 7