PF3 protein?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Looked into any other feds?

I know you live in Texas (west, maybe?). But there are a lot more PLers now than there used to be and it would probably be worth logging your training to help get training/form critiques to get better.

I keep one here, and am honestly surprised you haven't joined in since coming back (even if we do squabble occasionally.)
I have the will to do it...I just hope people don't laugh a bit hehe...granted I deserve it for how I acted and what not, but damn :/ Lost around 150lbs on my total. Gotta keep pushing! I'll look for yours so I can learn a bit more :).

I had been doing Conjugated Periodization according to raw needs and my own personal experience to what I respond best (with Rodja's advice and help). Lately I see a lot of people tackling the Cube method, could be something I look into too!

Back on topic, any of the reps or heads of MAN have already tried it?

Touey

Touey

Awards
Yes def not a good thing. I have Crohn's. lol. Any thoughts on what supps help with barrier function and mucosal integrity?
I know everyone is on the joke making but serious people may need to some help, look into some researching up; Renew Life, hope all goes well.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I think he is kinda in it for the thrill of it brother...I had not known a gastro that liked sticking fingers up asses hahaha. A urologist however, yeah.

Anytime you have blood in your stool it can be common practice, or they can check your prostate that way, search for fistula's etc etc.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I know everyone is on the joke making but serious people may need to some help, look into some researching up; Renew Life, hope all goes well.

Will do. Back to the thread now. Ill also be following logs and decide from there.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Anytime you have blood in your stool it can be common practice, or they can check your prostate that way, search for fistula's etc etc.
I knew Urologists are the ones that poke Uranus! :p but then again it's possible too for a gastrointestinterologist to check your prostate

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's hard not to be negative when companies make laughably contradictory statements like this in the same write-up:

So, under immense pressure, I’ve decided to do a micro run of my protein powder, which I’m calling MAN Sports Pure PF3, and only release it on the Internet for now.
Called Pure PF3, this protein is manufactured and processed in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art $25 million facility that doesn’t produce anything other than Pure PF3.
or when the write up pulls images like:

From entirely unrelated CANCER studies that have absolutely nothing to do with oral consumption

Or, when there's gems like this made as claims:

The super heavy molecular weight acts as a vacuum shuttling nutrients immediately to the bottom of your stomach and loading nutrients extremely quickly through the intestinal wall.
--

Am I really being unfairly negative about things like this?

I'm all for novel ingredients that work, and that at least have a basic and plausible scientific backing, but stuff like this is just bad for the industry.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Am I really being unfairly negative about things like this?
lol for most the peoples would preferring some bruce willis out on the die hard for them then the De__eB

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You heard the admin bitches, sum na gun said kumbaya and get in line like the old days.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never mind, it's the same spiel as Bio-gro...active IGF-1 and other growth factors and peptides. But these peptides all get hydrolyzed in the gut and are too large for jejunel transporters, so most of it will be absorbed and broken down into...2.6g of amino acids. The exceptions are neonates, people with Crohn's disease, and marathon runners, all of which have either leaky guts or severe immunological deficits
Chocolate milk Dammit!!!

What most won't admit, is buying something new and trying it out is fun. Its what makes the industry function because overall its quit boring if all you did was hit the gym.
Not SRS right? The gym boring?! I am injured right now, laid up on valium and Percocet and miss the gym more than anything... I've only been out a week and I'm losing my mind. The gym boring? hurts my heart...

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course it is but I also remember healthy skepticism about some of the most popular staples that sell well today. I'm just getting a little tired of some of the pessimistic and accusatory attitudes lately. Its not one person, and I don't think its intentional, but back when this place started way back when most of you weren't here, we were much more supportive of each other. And this doesn't have to do with any product...I have a tough time following whats new and good these days.

Its just a general feeling. I would hate to see rules implemented that limited what reps could do. That would defeat the purpose of interaction but lately, the negativity is increasing and its getting old.
Well spoken

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, how would you guys log PF3? What observations would you like to hear about?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally would be looking forward to people's findings in regards to recovery. IMHO, strength and mass gains are mostly related to training and diet so in products such as this, I restrain my expectations :p

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe the write up mentions people were noticing a big difference in physique and size?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I personally would be looking forward to people's findings in regards to recovery. IMHO, strength and mass gains are mostly related to training and diet so in products such as this, I restrain my expectations :p
I agree. Dosing variations, texture, taste, endurance, recovery....

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So anybody with some input on why for Bio-Gro they are bulletpointing the low molecular weight as a positive (I'm guessing that helps the peptides bypass digestion and from being broken down so that it can get into your bloodstream) whilst PF3 is highlighting the high molecular weight (supposedly helping the actives settle in further down in the GI taking along anything that happens to attach itself to them I am guessing).

So for Bio-Gro the idea I'm getting from their explanation is the low molecular weight prevents the breakdown of the peptides and thus helps with absorption. So if this is true, then how can PF3's claims be true whilst still allowing it to be effective? One product doesn't want the actives to hit too far down in the GI to prevent breakdown whilst the other seemingly wants it to hit further down in the GI which if Bio-Gro's point is true, then that would mean the peptides for PF3 would be broken down and hinder absorption.

Very curious about these two seemingly contradicting bulletpoints/highlights for the two different products.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah I'm pretty excited to see how it treats me

hernmari1

Awards
Whats the deal man was offering? Anybody? I just started biogro day 2 and so far so good my chest was sore from a past workout and it quickly when away. Wish I had better experience with it cause I just found a great deal on it 50% off 18 a tub. Im thinking about buy a bunch

hernmari1

Awards
Ok I bought biogro 8 tub for 139 shipped hope it works lol

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats the deal man was offering? Anybody? I just started biogro day 2 and so far so good my chest was sore from a past workout and it quickly when away. Wish I had better experience with it cause I just found a great deal on it 50% off 18 a tub. Im thinking about buy a bunch
If you signed up for 1%er club we could tell you!

hernmari1

Awards
I signed up but not untill after the emails got sent out. And never got one. Thanks but I just spent 139 on 8 tubs of biogro since I didnt get in on this deal

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
After reading the entire thread, I don't understand why so many people have to troll on products. MAN believes in the product just as any company believes in the their own product. The government has made it very hard to create things so companies iMO have to come up with new ways to provide the consumers with the quality they require. I, myself, am looking forward to PF3 having purchased the 1%er kit an also being selected to log the product. I think this supplement can truly be a game changer.

macdady

macdady

Awards
I would be ecstatic if this product works lol if the logs are good I'll buy it in a heart beat. But the write up was just like "say what?" Lol
Also I don't have very many serious bones in my body so I'm usually in here enjoying myself
Oh and PistonHonda! I think I may have gone too far by bringing cell tech into this haha I hope I haven't scared you too deep

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cell Tech sells/sold phenomenally; imagine if those sales rubbed off on us (or anyone)

macdady

macdady

Awards
That would be something... but think of the reputation they have among so many people. I'd rather have adequate sales and a good reputation than incredible sales and ****ty rep

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That would be something... but think of the reputation they have among so many people. I'd rather have adequate sales and a good reputation than incredible sales and ****ty rep
Its actually pretty good these days.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't tried, but reading users' feedback and looking at the reformulations, the entire line seems to have been revamped for the better.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Really? Hhhmmmm I'll have to look into them some more sooner or later... but I'm all set on creatine for about a year and some change lol thanks to sns(bought not given) although at their prices it might swell have been lol

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
After reading the entire thread, I don't understand why so many people have to troll on products. MAN believes in the product just as any company believes in the their own product. The government has made it very hard to create things so companies iMO have to come up with new ways to provide the consumers with the quality they require. I, myself, am looking forward to PF3 having purchased the 1%er kit an also being selected to log the product. I think this supplement can truly be a game changer.
MAN is changing the game!! Stack that PF3 with the new Fermented Leucine and your post w/o stack is complete!

pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I heard m-tech revamped the entire line due to too many complaints filed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
a decent profit margin with reputation and values still intact should be enough for anyone.......

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I personally am trying bio-gro first. If the price is right I may try PF3 in the future, but right now the price is wrong since they are throwing in a game day and I don't need/want a pre workout. Maybe I will log my bio-gro and eventually log the PF3 for comparison?

Interested to hear De___eB's thoughts on the effectiveness of the products instead of their marketing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tell that to my bank! Lmao
unfortunately greed is a huge motivator for many...

MAN seems to keep prices reasonable, lets hope the trend continues with pf3!!!

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally am trying bio-gro first. If the price is right I may try PF3 in the future, but right now the price is wrong since they are throwing in a game day and I don't need/want a pre workout. Maybe I will log my bio-gro and eventually log the PF3 for comparison?

Interested to hear De___eB's thoughts on the effectiveness of the products instead of their marketing.
My thought is that the product has limited potential for effectiveness as the polypeptides they are relying on for effects can not be absorbed by normally functioning adults.

Do the components of PF3 do what MAN Sports says they do? Yes.
Do they have those effects from oral[/b[ consumption? Not really.
Will you be able to cut protein from your diet, replace it with PF3, and continue the same weight trajectory? No way.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My thought is that the product has limited potential for effectiveness as the polypeptides they are relying on for effects can not be absorbed by normally functioning adults.

Do the components of PF3 do what MAN Sports says they do? Yes.
Do they have those effects from oral[/b[ consumption? Not really.
Will you be able to cut protein from your diet, replace it with PF3, and continue the same weight trajectory? No way.

Maybe you can answer my question, which I must have asked like 3 times at this point:

Why is Bio-Gro claiming low molecular weight being a positive for the peptide absorption whilst PF3 is claiming high molecular weight being positive. These are at the end of the day, similar (I would think) constituents of protein so if claim is true the other can most likely not be true at the same time (in regards to molecular weight).

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you can answer my question, which I must have asked like 3 times at this point:

Why is Bio-Gro claiming low molecular weight being a positive for the peptide absorption whilst PF3 is claiming high molecular weight being positive. These are at the end of the day, similar (I would think) constituents of protein so if claim is true the other can most likely not be true at the same time (in regards to molecular weight).

Touey

Touey

Awards

lol that though is funny have seen he is asking on about it all over and is always somehow passing by.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol that though is funny have seen he is asking on about it all over and is always somehow passing by.
Right? I'm asking for an explanation of two contradicting marketing bullet points for essentially the same basic thing (peptides), but nobody wishes to tackle the question. LoL. Oh well.

Apparently not. I for one don't know if molecular weight is even a factor but low molecular weight is used as a bullet point for Bio-Gro and high molecular weight is used as a bullet point for PF3. If molecular weight is indeed a factor, if low molecular weight is a positive for absorption then high molecular weight must be a negative for absorption, and vice versa of course.

One of life's great mysteries I guess. Lulz.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right? I'm asking for an explanation of two contradicting marketing bullet points for essentially the same basic thing (peptides), but nobody wishes to tackle the question. LoL. Oh well.

Apparently not. I for one don't know if molecular weight is even a factor but low molecular weight is used as a bullet point for Bio-Gro and high molecular weight is used as a bullet point for PF3. If molecular weight is indeed a factor, if low molecular weight is a positive for absorption then high molecular weight must be a negative for absorption, and vice versa of course.

One of life's great mysteries I guess. Lulz.
No molecular weight is good for absorption of compounds that can't be absorbed by the human body.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No molecular weight is good for absorption of compounds that can't be absorbed by the human body.
I'll take it that it's all just marketing speak then in regards to the molecular weight issue :p

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so you attribute the effects people claim to be getting from bio-gro as placebo???

something seems to be doing something....

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so you attribute the effects people claim to be getting from bio-gro as placebo???

Well, I would guess that De__eB would be commenting on these peptides ingested on their own but dosing protocols for Bio-Gro has always been to include a good amount of nutrients (specifically, proteins/aminos) along with the dose. So in my lay-person mind, I can picture that ingesting Bio-Gro together with let's say food or protein powder or what not may change the way the stuff acts and digest compared to ingesting the stuff completely on it's own? Don't know, just throwing ideas out there :p

I do feel that the stuff (Bio-Gro) has very noticeably improved my recovery which is impressive seeing how I am using ArA and have been increasing the intensity in my workouts.

As another aside, has anybody seen a human equivalent of this study: http://ep.physoc.org/content/67/4/629.full.pdf

Would be interesting to see.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I would guess that De__eB would be commenting on these peptides ingested on their own but dosing protocols for Bio-Gro has always been to include a good amount of nutrients (specifically, proteins/aminos) along with the dose. So in my lay-person mind, I can picture that ingesting Bio-Gro together with let's say food or protein powder or what not may change the way the stuff acts and digest compared to ingesting the stuff completely on it's own? Don't know, just throwing ideas out there :p

I do feel that the stuff (Bio-Gro) has very noticeably improved my recovery which is impressive seeing how I am using ArA and have been increasing the intensity in my workouts.

Guys, these peptides are already present in your whey protein. Adding Biogro to your protein is basically just adding a few more grams of protein to your protein.

Lots of people claimed for years and continue to claim to have significantly better recovery with glutamine. Yet a high protein diet already consists of more than enough glutamine for your bodies needs.

So yes, I would consider such effects to be a placebo until demonstrated otherwise in a blind study.

Reactions: mw1
macdady

macdady

Awards
Guys, these peptides are already present in your whey protein. Adding Biogro to your protein is basically just adding a few more grams of protein to your protein.

Lots of people claimed for years and continue to claim to have significantly better recovery with glutamine. Yet a high protein diet already consists of more than enough glutamine for your bodies needs.

So yes, I would consider such effects to be a placebo until demonstrated otherwise in a blind study.
I am suddenly reminded of space jam haha (mikes secret stuff)

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really don't feel like debating on about this stuff though, the product will speak for itself, for better or worse.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I am of course not cancelling out placebo, but just to note, Bio-Gro was basically the only addition I added after using what I was using for a few weeks straight already. So to have the DOMS be reduced very notably and for that to be consistent since (I've been using the stuff for 2+ week now), could be strong placebo or could be effective.

I totally understand that adding Bio-Gro is essentially like adding another scoop of protein powder minus the macronutrients, it's one of the questions I actually brought up on AM a few weeks back, didn't really get a good answer but I decided to drop the issue :p I do recall bringing up the same question to the iSatori folks on bb.com as well. Basically I asked "Why can't I just add another scoop of protein and reap the benefits that way instead of using Bio-Gro?" There's still plenty I'm in the dark about for a product like Bio-Gro and PF3 and I am waiting to see if there will be further findings particularly: can I reduce my actual protein macros and still be able to utilize roughly the same amount of aminos as I would have with Bio-Gro in the mix (optimizing amino utilization) compared to without Bio-Gro + higher protein macros (hopefully that made sense). That was one of the claims iSatori was making (being able to utilize more of the aminos you take in more efficiently), but I personally am still waiting to see if this can actually be demonstrated beyond just anecdotal findings.

Lot's of questions, very few answers from both companies for each of their respective products. I'm still using Bio-Gro though and will be trying out PF3. So far, it could totally be some strong arse placebo working here and I'll LMAO if it one day is demonstrated that it's all straight up placebo :D

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The high molecular weight will pull nutrients through the stomach and small intestine into the bloodstream. Once in the blood, the weight should slow down nutrients to interact to cellular receptors for longer periods of time, which should result in better utilization. This is how I understand PF3 to work.

Keep in mind I'm not a scientist lol; I am fielding your questions and concerns as best I can, and am in contact with the BossMAN to iron out these issues.

The beta loggers all had positive experiences with PF3. I know this does nothing to solve the scientific vs. experiential debate at the heart of the supplement industry, but as stated in other posts, we'll see how this set of loggers and initial purchasers respond to our product.

Thanks to all for your interest; better or worse, it's been a while since MAN has been so "hot topic" on these boards. We're very proud of this and our other products, and are glad to assist in any way we can.