Penetrate/Form

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Just tried to dissolve the form in penetrate, and want to check if this looks alright.
It doesn't look right to me but i've never done this before.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
i got a bigger pic for y'all. there's like a white layer on the bottom with a yellow/brown layer on top.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
hmmyep there's a decent amount of grit. what should I do to fix it? I heated it and mixed it the way it said on NP
also it does seem to mostly go into the skin when rubbed.

D

DScott

Awards
I just went through this. My solution separated after the initial mixing. I put the bottle in a glass jar of microwaved water (not boiling). Left it for five minutes. Shook it for about three minutes and that took care of the separation problem.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
i just heated it at boiling temp for about 10 minutes still looks grainy.

D

DScott

Awards
Keep working it. It will dissolve. The solution should look like Penetrate only infused with form.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
hmm now the white layer is on top of the brown/yellow part.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
hmm now the white layer is on top of the brown/yellow part.
Did you invert it? :)

I think the safest/most reliable way is the way mentioned in the instructions; just note that you can use a spoon instead of a mixer (Or the back of a fork in my case :dunno: ) And if you don't have a beaker, a mason jar will work. I use an empty coconut oil jar.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've followed the instructions and whipped the mixture while it was in a boiling pot of water.

i let it sit, and now its more of a gel than a liquid. I think some of the smaller solvents evaporated. anyway, I just tested it and its still grainy, even more than before :(
Is there something I can buy at walgreens that would make the form dissolve better?

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
yeah i had it in almost boiling water for 10 minutes while stirring it.

edit. the color changed to a more yellow color from the milky one and it was less viscous, but even then i was able to see some form particles on the top layer from the outside of the glass.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
okay, so i want to know what solvent I should try to use for the solution. Ive tried several times, and it still doesn't work. The two options are isopropanol and ether. I don't think isopropanol will work, but will ether?
Would it be possible for you at np to sell some benzyl alcohol as thats really what I need, I just can't find anyplace that sells it.