Penetrate/Form

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Just tried to dissolve the form in penetrate, and want to check if this looks alright.
It doesn't look right to me but i've never done this before.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
i got a bigger pic for y'all. there's like a white layer on the bottom with a yellow/brown layer on top.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
hmmyep there's a decent amount of grit. what should I do to fix it? I heated it and mixed it the way it said on NP
also it does seem to mostly go into the skin when rubbed.

DScott

Awards
I just went through this. My solution separated after the initial mixing. I put the bottle in a glass jar of microwaved water (not boiling). Left it for five minutes. Shook it for about three minutes and that took care of the separation problem.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
i just heated it at boiling temp for about 10 minutes still looks grainy.

DScott

Awards
Keep working it. It will dissolve. The solution should look like Penetrate only infused with form.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
hmm now the white layer is on top of the brown/yellow part.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
hmm now the white layer is on top of the brown/yellow part.
Did you invert it? :)

I think the safest/most reliable way is the way mentioned in the instructions; just note that you can use a spoon instead of a mixer (Or the back of a fork in my case :dunno: ) And if you don't have a beaker, a mason jar will work. I use an empty coconut oil jar.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've followed the instructions and whipped the mixture while it was in a boiling pot of water.

i let it sit, and now its more of a gel than a liquid. I think some of the smaller solvents evaporated. anyway, I just tested it and its still grainy, even more than before :(
Is there something I can buy at walgreens that would make the form dissolve better?

jdev

Awards
  • Established
yeah i had it in almost boiling water for 10 minutes while stirring it.

edit. the color changed to a more yellow color from the milky one and it was less viscous, but even then i was able to see some form particles on the top layer from the outside of the glass.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
okay, so i want to know what solvent I should try to use for the solution. Ive tried several times, and it still doesn't work. The two options are isopropanol and ether. I don't think isopropanol will work, but will ether?
Would it be possible for you at np to sell some benzyl alcohol as thats really what I need, I just can't find anyplace that sells it.