Pea Protein?? New Product

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife's company (network marketing), has finally come out with a protein powder. I wasn't at the presentation when it was released, but my wife is all excited about this. It's being touted as a meal replacement protein made from pea and grain protein, and also containing prebiotics.

Without flaming me for posting about a network marketing angle, I'd just like to know if pea protein is worth my time and money. And no, I'm not trying to sell this to anyone on here. I'm usually using either Nectar or PES proteins. I'm going to try to attach an image of the Nutrition Facts:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pea and rice protein together is pretty good for a non-animal protein source. They actually compliment each other, since many vegan proteins don’t have ideal amino acid content. No idea what the price is, but it’s not bad. If you tolerate whey well, it’s probably cheaper, and at least as effective, but if you can’t/don’t want to have whey, this is a solid protein source. I have a feeling the price may be pretty high though?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you're looking for a vegan option, it's one of them. I've had much better luck with milk-based ones in regards to cost and taste.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive used pea and rice protein since 2012 . AI Sports came out with pumpkin pie and candy cane flavor and chocolate dream. then revamped with chocolate. I just had a scoop in cottage cheese with peanut butter, it was delicious

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think ideal was pea and rice protein together with a little hemp protein added.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ive used pea and rice protein since 2012 . AI Sports came out with pumpkin pie and candy cane flavor and chocolate dream. then revamped with chocolate. I just had a scoop in cottage cheese with peanut butter, it was delicious
How is pumpkin pie and candy cane flavor? I've tried a pea protein powder before and taste wasn't very good.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pea and rice protein together is pretty good for a non-animal protein source. They actually compliment each other, since many vegan proteins don’t have ideal amino acid content. No idea what the price is, but it’s not bad. If you tolerate whey well, it’s probably cheaper, and at least as effective, but if you can’t/don’t want to have whey, this is a solid protein source. I have a feeling the price may be pretty high though?
Not sure on the price yet.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks everyone for the replies.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They never taste as good as a whey protein and I have tried many. Plus whey is a more complete protein than most vegan options.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually dig how much potassium is in the product. With an RDA of 4800 it’s kinda hard to hit unless your focusing on those foods on purpose. Orange juice, milk, white potatoes, raisins.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Profile looks good. I think sodium is a little high for me but other wise looks good.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used vegan proteins...from LG and I currently have a lot of pea/rice protein

can't say I notice a huge difference in body comp or recovery.....but taste and texture isn't usually as good so I get a 5lb jug....mix 2lbs of pea/rice protein and 2lbs of isolate to make sure the taste is better and I'm not letting the vegan protein go to waste

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pea protein is hands down the best vegetarian based protein source. not even close.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My wife's company (network marketing), has finally come out with a protein powder. I wasn't at the presentation when it was released, but my wife is all excited about this. It's being touted as a meal replacement protein made from pea and grain protein, and also containing prebiotics.

Without flaming me for posting about a network marketing angle, I'd just like to know if pea protein is worth my time and money. And no, I'm not trying to sell this to anyone on here. I'm usually using either Nectar or PES proteins. I'm going to try to attach an image of the Nutrition Facts:

I'll use vegan protein when I need a break from whey.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually really like the texture of pea protein. Not to sound like a hater, but the profile that you listed seems a bit subpar, imo. I mean you have 17g of carbs( added coconut sugar) and 7 g of fat (mostly from sunflower oil). I understand that it's a meal replacement, but it's not something that I would personally use. Also, with the fairly recent "exposes" of several vegan protein powders being high in arsenic, cadmium, lead, etc (chocolate flavor seems to be the worst) I am wary of taking any of these powders until I can find a trusted one. The leading theory on this that I have found came from Carl Lanore. He states that perhaps the plant sources absorb a lot of crap from the tainted soil that they are planted in ( I am paraphrasing).

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pea protein is hands down the best vegetarian based protein source. not even close.
I would pretty well agree with this, as peas are one of the cleaner vegetables that can be bought in supermarkets (clean 15 and such).

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, has anyone looked into duckweed protein?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pea protein would be rich in aspartic and glutamic acids. Not sure if those have any benefit whatsoever, decently high in arginine and leucine.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would pretty well agree with this, as peas are one of the cleaner vegetables that can be bought in supermarkets (clean 15 and such).
i was more referring to the higher than usual leucine content

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i was more referring to the higher than usual leucine content
Tomato, tomotto. j/k. I didn't even consider that. Good point though.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pea is great. I add unflavored pea from NOW or truenutrition to any whey I buy that is over sweetened or flavored. 3 parts whey and 1 part pea tastes very close to the old metrx packets from the late 90's as far as texture and taste, and the all important mouth feel. lol