PalmFist Bulking Log

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Alright. Ready to start incorporating 531 + BBB + additional accessory and mobility work? >This guy is<. Just gonna try out chest, back, shoulders for the rest of this week then move into it full time next week for the next 8 weeks till this bulk is over. It should be fun and a good learning experience.

Follow along for a good strength and bodybuilding template to follow

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
In to see what you get out of 5/3/1
Thanks. Should be quite awesome actually. I haven't done strength training for quite some time (yrs?!!!). Hoping to make some significant gains

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
201.5 this morning! Full rest day yesterday and about 4k calories helped tremendously. Might be smart to take another rest day, but I'll probably get in there anyway

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
531 BBB ?! Ur gna make great progress with it bruh.. just dnt make the same mistakes I did-messin around with my 1rm too much cuz I thought it was too light.. This shyt is more long term then anything really(slowly progressing) but with the test n high cal, it's goin to b interesting!!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
201.5 this morning! Full rest day yesterday and about 4k calories helped tremendously. Might be smart to take another rest day, but I'll probably get in there anyway
4k calories sounds nice o_O

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
531 BBB ?! Ur gna make great progress with it bruh.. just dnt make the same mistakes I did-messin around with my 1rm too much cuz I thought it was too light.. This shyt is more long term then anything really(slowly progressing) but with the test n high cal, it's goin to b interesting!!
I was wondering if you used the wrong equation for your 1rm?

Weight + reps x 0.0333 + weight = 1rm

Might wanna recalculate for when you try 531 again...

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
531 + BBB chest day in about an hour

5@295 x3
10@225 x5

Then back at it later tonight for accessory and mobility training

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
531 + BBB chest day in about an hour

5@295 x3
10@225 x5

Then back at it later tonight for accessory and mobility training
Well the 1rm for me was 90% of my 1rm. N I just made a lower assumption for my true 1rm because I didn't wanna plateau too quick

N how you setting up for the 531?? I see ur doing 3 sets at the same weight?? Or are u progressing up to that weight

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Well the 1rm for me was 90% of my 1rm. N I just made a lower assumption for my true 1rm because I didn't wanna plateau too quick

N how you setting up for the 531?? I see ur doing 3 sets at the same weight?? Or are u progressing up to that weight
I'll warm up to that weight

Just taking the program for a test drive this week bro. Already did legs on Tuesday. Have chest today. Back tomorrow. SH on sat. Just trying to establish 1rm and see how the training feels for now. Next week it'll be all out with a structured/organized plan. Still working on my accessory lifts and how I will swap certain ones out and when...

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I was wondering if you used the wrong equation for your 1rm?

Weight + reps x 0.0333 + weight = 1rm

Might wanna recalculate for when you try 531 again...
I'm looking into a similar 531 and bbing work. Can clarify for depleted brain dead guy?

Weight (weight pushed)+ repsx .0333+ weight ???

Sorry bro my brain isn't functioning lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^ Yup.

say 350x3

350 x 3 x 0.0333=34.965+350=384.965 estimated 1RM

The fewer reps multiplied, the more accurate.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Your a trainer right? How do you deal with idiots....noobs....dbags lol??? I started training this kid who's new, skinny, looking to bulk up. I'm teaching him everything correctly but I can't stand waiting between the sets, talking bs and watching him flex in the mirrors. Any way to have him stop without being an ******* about it?

Back to your topic, 531 seems to be awesome for building mass and you've been killing it already. Gotta get you that exem asap!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
^ Yup.

say 350x3

350 x 3 x 0.0333=34.965+350=384.965 estimated 1RM

The fewer reps multiplied, the more accurate.
Lol thanks Sean I kept using the formula that I quoted PF on going wtf that can't be right. I swear I shoulda stated home today

Thanks bud

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I'm looking into a similar 531 and bbing work. Can clarify for depleted brain dead guy?

Weight (weight pushed)+ repsx .0333+ weight ???

Sorry bro my brain isn't functioning lol
My bad typo there

Weight X Reps X .0333 + Weight

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
My bad typo there

Weight X Reps X .0333 + Weight
I did 225x12 on flat BP on 5th set the other day so I just used that and kept coming up with like 238.5 wtf lol

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
I believe there's a 1rm calculator on the web.. If u google it. (Just plug in numbers n they give u an estimate (not sure if accurate, but I believe they use Same formula)

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I did 225x12 on flat BP on 5th set the other day so I just used that and kept coming up with like 238.5 wtf lol
Lol. I did the same a few weeks ago! I was like I know my dead max was more than 410!

The right information makes a huge difference!

Try using 10 reps or lower for better accuracy

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Your a trainer right? How do you deal with idiots....noobs....dbags lol??? I started training this kid who's new, skinny, looking to bulk up. I'm teaching him everything correctly but I can't stand waiting between the sets, talking bs and watching him flex in the mirrors. Any way to have him stop without being an ******* about it?

Back to your topic, 531 seems to be awesome for building mass and you've been killing it already. Gotta get you that exem asap!
As a trainer I am guided by the principle that money is money. I'm not a high profile trainer by any means, I only do it part time for spending $. So I can be a little more selective in who I decide to train with. I usually go with the mid-twenty and higher crowd because they are more respectful and serious. I guess if I were training a little shyte like you mention I'd have a side conversation and talk deadpan straight to him about how his actions come off to others as immature jackassery and make it perfectly clear that I would drop him and make him feel like an outcast if he didn't shake up and respect you. I would do that with a straight face and as polite as possible. No need to escalate things

I guess just let him know that if he's not gonna take it seriously neither will you. You have to realize that other trainers and gym goers will look at his actions as a reflection of you. You want to be taken as a professional even if you are not

I'll get with you soon about that exem. Thanks again

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice bro, people like him are the reason I haven't really tried to train anyone because I'm not good at dealing with stupid **** like this. I should probably dive further into it, lifting is all I like to do why not share the knowledge. My NASM expired and don't feel like spending any money on renewing it. But you are right on the money is money thing, since i'm not certified he pays me very little and it's more of a thing just to do with some spare time, with that being said I shouldn't really give a **** on training him if he's gonna be stupid

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Thanks for the advice bro, people like him are the reason I haven't really tried to train anyone because I'm not good at dealing with stupid **** like this. I should probably dive further into it, lifting is all I like to do why not share the knowledge. My NASM expired and don't feel like spending any money on renewing it. But you are right on the money is money thing, since i'm not certified he pays me very little and it's more of a thing just to do with some spare time, with that being said I shouldn't really give a **** on training him if he's gonna be stupid
No prob bromeister!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Just started my 3x5 sets and 275 felt a little too light. Feeling like 315 but l be cautious...

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I'm torn here with what to add for accessory lifts. BBB prescribes 5x10 bench and 5x10 rows. But BBB doesn't add BBing exercises like DB curls and whatnot so I have to figure out how I want to train with additional accessories. Probably going with Tris for chest day, Bis for back day, but Wendler suggests doing opposing groups... Hrrm.....

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5:3:1 Bench/BBB Bench/5x10 horizontal back assistance/5x10 Triceps/Facepulls

5:3:1 OHP/BBB OHP/5x10 vertical back assistance/5x10 biceps/facepulls

Then deads and squats you can just rotate through whatever lower body movements you do

That'll at least give you 1:1 push: pull on your upper days. Ensure your lower days are balanced as well.

I'm not a fan of BBB though.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
5:3:1 Bench/BBB Bench/5x10 horizontal back assistance/5x10 Triceps/Facepulls

5:3:1 OHP/BBB OHP/5x10 vertical back assistance/5x10 biceps/facepulls

Then deads and squats you can just rotate through whatever lower body movements you do

That'll at least give you 1:1 push: pull on your upper days. Ensure your lower days are balanced as well.

I'm not a fan of BBB though.
X/face pulls? Is that a superset or rotation? I'm thinking once I finish the BBB portion I'll switch to BBing reps like 4x15...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can superset or do as a seperate exercise. Check out some articles on Elite FTS and T-Nation written Wendler and he elaborates on different ways you can do things.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
lol I love 5/3/1. I just enjoyed following the Periodization Bible template. 5x10 Squats/Deadlifts and myself don't mix well haha
Well I'm on gear right now so..... If I wasn't I'd rethink the whole thing and probly use thePB

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
TEST DRIVE 531 + BBB + BBing

Day 39 CHEST 531 test drive
Tread WU
Bench
12@135+12@5cuffWU, 10@185+12@5cuffWU, 8@225, 6@275(light, coulda done 10), 5@295, 4+1@315
BBB Bench
10@225 x 5
BBB DB Row
10@55 x 5 (too light but good pump)
Tri Rope Ext + Face Pulls (lat PD area)
15@60+15@60 x 4

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Noicee... Big numbers on the bench homie, 400 lbs by the end of this cycle?!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure you start lighter with the maxes. For the 3x5 it's supposed to go 1x5, 1x5, 1xAMAP.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Noicee... Big numbers on the bench homie, 400 lbs by the end of this cycle?!
I did 8@315 seven weeks ago before I was on so hopefully higher

Make sure you start lighter with the maxes. For the 3x5 it's supposed to go 1x5, 1x5, 1xAMAP.
Sounds good. I didn't use the right percentages today for any of the lifts according to the program. Really about establishing 1rm this week instead of following protocols

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
315x8? 405 is right around the corner palms, test says so...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hit 345x14...just sayin.

And it's on video.

Get on my level.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Fats were too high but fuq it

image-3967460511.jpg

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
YouTube.

Everything on YouTube is real. Fact.
Like that guy that did 500 for like 20+! Lol. He was at an expo where they had fake weights for picture opps. That must've been you...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like that guy that did 500 for like 20+! Lol. He was at an expo where they had fake weights for picture opps. That must've been you...
No, I lift real weights.

Does it make a difference if I'm talking about Trap Bar DLs?

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Ok so I'm reading the manual and found out my warmup sets were way off

Warmup is supposed to be 1x5 @40%, 1x5@50%, 1x3@60%

Oops

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Midnight snack. Did I say snack? FEAST

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You took your lr3 post workout right? How many carbs did you keep in your system with this? Im reading conflicting info...

Im thinking 50mcg to start, first thing in the am since i workout at night.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Ok so I'm reading the manual and found out my warmup sets were way off

Warmup is supposed to be 1x5 @40%, 1x5@50%, 1x3@60%

Oops
Hate lifting at specific amounts. German volume training was always way too heavy with their given percentages for some of my lifts.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
You took your lr3 post workout right? How many carbs did you keep in your system with this? Im reading conflicting info...

Im thinking 50mcg to start, first thing in the am since i workout at night.
IM is such a bytch. Just do Subq. Fck what everyone else says, I did Subq and it worked trust me. 50 sounds good to start. I think I started at 30-40 and ened up liking it so much that by two weeks in I wasn't just using it post workout, I was using it everyday, and at 100-150. Days off I used it first thing in the AM. As far as when you want to use it that's up to you and your experimentation. There really is so much conflicting BS out there, just try diff things and pick one. Carbs, I believe I did the wait 30 minutes after injection before carbing up thing. As far as how much for the day... Whatever your goals are. I don't think carb saturation is an issue with igf. Igf causes growth stimulus so more energy sources the better off you are? Might have to check that again for my own benefit

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IM is such a bytch. Just do Subq. Fck what everyone else says, I did Subq and it worked trust me. 50 sounds good to start. I think I started at 30-40 and ened up liking it so much that by two weeks in I wasn't just using it post workout, I was using it everyday, and at 100-150. Days off I used it first thing in the AM. As far as when you want to use it that's up to you and your experimentation. There really is so much conflicting BS out there, just try diff things and pick one. Carbs, I believe I did the wait 30 minutes after injection before carbing up thing. As far as how much for the day... Whatever your goals are. I don't think carb saturation is an issue with igf. Igf causes growth stimulus so more energy sources the better off you are? Might have to check that again for my own benefit
I was goin to go SQ anyways lol im a puss when i think of IM.. igf goes systemic anyways. Thanks for the info bigdawgggg