PA Supplements Vs Soy Lecithin

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Is there any difference in effects/benefits between a PA supplement, such as MuscleTech's PhosphaMuscle, and a PA food source, such as Soy Lecithin Granules?

So would dosing 3g of PA from Soy Lecithin Granules provide the same physical effects and benefits of PA from dosing 3g of PA through PhosphaMuscle?

Has anybody actually used both forms?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there any difference in effects/benefits between a PA supplement, such as MuscleTech's PhosphaMuscle, and a PA food source, such as Soy Lecithin Granules?

So would dosing 3g of PA from Soy Lecithin Granules provide the same physical effects and benefits of PA from dosing 3g of PA through PhosphaMuscle?

Has anybody actually used both forms?
I've used both forms multiple times in the form of:

Phosphatidic Acid Gels
OL Tr1umph
Soy Lecithin Granules

The only difference is the fat macros, and arguably SL granules/Tr1umph have additional health benefits.

deadlyzach

Awards
I've used both. Lecithins are cheaper and provide the same benefits. For me though it's just easier to use the caps then trying to drink the Lecithins. However Lecithins can be a bonus if you're thinking of stacking PA with ARA due to Soy Lecithins being an emulsifier.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established

Phosphatidic Acid Gels
OL Tr1umph
Soy Lecithin Granules

The only difference is the fat macros, and arguably SL granules/Tr1umph have additional health benefits.
Did you notice a difference in effects and benefits from the PA caps and they SL granules?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Phosphatidic Acid Gels
OL Tr1umph
Soy Lecithin Granules

This. Only benefit for those using phosphamuscle is if they can't afford to have extra calories in their diet

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
This. Only benefit for those using phosphamuscle is if they can't afford to have extra calories in their diet
Or rent if they're in the UK. PhosphaMuscle is £60 ($75) per bottle over here.
220Kcals for the 3g of PA isn't too bad, especially as the fats are good natural sources, and even better that it's pretty much carb free

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or rent if they're in the UK. PhosphaMuscle is £60 ($75) per bottle over here.
220Kcals for the 3g of PA isn't too bad, especially as the fats are good natural sources, and even better that it's pretty much carb free
lmao, that too. Yeah the PA products are expensive, but probably due to it being patent(ed?) pending.

pro45

Awards
I use Solgar's Lecithin Granules. 7.5 grams pre workout. And 7.5 grams with a meal later in the day. Increases appetite and strength noticeably. Fuller muscle bellies. Haven't tried the supplement forms and don't intend to.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I use Solgar's Lecithin Granules. 7.5 grams pre workout. And 7.5 grams with a meal later in the day. Increases appetite and strength noticeably. Fuller muscle bellies. Haven't tried the supplement forms and don't intend to.
How do you take them? Do they dissolve?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How do you take them? Do they dissolve?
Went thru a tub of NOW granules and they dissolve into a gel in water in about 20 min. They have a walnut flavor but actually go back alright mixed with some flavored whey, especially chocolate. My 1 hour prewo meal is always whey or whey+Greek yogurt and a carb source like granola, oats, or cream of rice and a tbsp pb (or the granules when I'm using PA).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can also just shoot that gel back, or even undissolved granules if you don't mind how they stick in your mouth.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Considering phosphamuscle is significantly more expensive than Tr1umph, it kind of blows my mind that anyone chooses concentrated PA supps. 8g of healthy fat doesn't bother my macros at all.

With Tr1umph you get:
-Tons of other ergogenic aids (LCLT/Betaine/Creatine/ElevATP/AlphaSize/etc/etc)
-More PA per dose (913mg vs 750mg)
-All the other beneficial phospholipids found in lecithin (phosphatidylcholine, etc)

triumph_orange.png

...and you get all that in 4 delicious flavors. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Phosphatidic Acid Gels
OL Tr1umph
Soy Lecithin Granules

This is the bulk of what I noticed when I would switch between them.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Considering phosphamuscle is significantly more expensive than Tr1umph, it kind of blows my mind that anyone chooses concentrated PA supps. 8g of healthy fat doesn't bother my macros at all.

With Tr1umph you get:
-Tons of other ergogenic aids (LCLT/Betaine/Creatine/ElevATP/AlphaSize/etc/etc)
-More PA per dose (913mg vs 750mg)
-All the other beneficial phospholipids found in lecithin (phosphatidylcholine, etc)

View attachment 142007
...and you get all that in 4 delicious flavors. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
As much as I'm an OL fan and want to try Tr1umph I can't afford to pay £50/$62 for one tub. Thanks for the info though.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found the granules to be a pain to take everyday, the taste isn't bad but it's not good either, just wasn't something I looked forward to.....the difference it made was noticeable but small.....not enough for me to be willing to buy them again even at the cheap price

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Would mixing the granules in with food, let's say Oats for example, hinder the effects of the PA or are the benefits of PA a build up over time thing?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would mixing the granules in with food, let's say Oats for example, hinder the effects of the PA or are the benefits of PA a build up over time thing?
It will stimulate mTor no matter what, but it is best timed within your workout period (pre/post).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'll tell you what - during a Cut, those two tablespoons feel like an 8 course meal to me! :D I love just "eating" them.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Granules are easy to get down and pretty tasty. Chew em and wash it down with some water or pre. Only issues is that it gets all in your teeth, and more than two tablespoons has upset/bloated my stomach on an occasion, hindering training a bit.

Triumph is amazing.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
It will stimulate mTor no matter what, but it is best timed within your workout period (pre/post).
Granules are easy to get down and pretty tasty. Chew em and wash it down with some water or pre. Only issues is that it gets all in your teeth, and more than two tablespoons has upset/bloated my stomach on an occasion, hindering training a bit.

Triumph is amazing.
I think I'm just going to mix them with my pre-workout meal of proats.
I'd like to try Tr1umph but it's just too expensive in the UK

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I'm just going to mix them with my pre-workout meal of proats.
I'd like to try Tr1umph but it's just too expensive in the UK
That's what I often did. Like a warm gooey bowl of chocolate walnut flavored mush lol

ThorBara

ThorBara

Awards
Quick question, there is a big difference in the amount of PA between different SL brands? Because i've found SL granules at my local discount but the amount of PA is not listed in the ingredients. If i want to buy Fearn or Optima i've to order online and the shipment costs for a tub will be 20+ euro ! Thanks

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick question, there is a big difference in the amount of PA between different SL brands? Because i've found SL granules at my local discount but the amount of PA is not listed in the ingredients. If i want to buy Fearn or Optima i've to order online and the shipment costs for a tub will be 20+ euro ! Thanks
The accepted range of PA is going to be 4-7%, pretty much regardless of the brand (sources: studies, COAs, spec sheets, etc).

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Does the timing of Phosphatidic Acid matter or are the results/pumps just as good regardless, seeing as they seem to build up over time?
Was thinking about taking the 25g of Soy Lecithin (3g PA) in a pre-bed protein shake, so that I could be consistant with dosing and avoid the stomach upset.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does the timing of Phosphatidic Acid matter or are the results/pumps just as good regardless, seeing as they seem to build up over time?
Was thinking about taking the 25g of Soy Lecithin (3g PA) in a pre-bed protein shake, so that I could be consistant with dosing and avoid the stomach upset.
It is most beneficial pre-workout, but peri-workout is okay. Regardless, it should be taken every day, and note that adding it with protein will not have some "super mTor stimulating" effect.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
It is most beneficial pre-workout, but peri-workout is okay. Regardless, it should be taken every day, and note that adding it with protein will not have some "super mTor stimulating" effect.
I know there's no extra mTor stim effect when taking it with protein. I was thinking of using it in a shake to mask the taste and help to thicken it up a little, and to help keep me full overnight.
Any idea how long it'll be before I start seeing/feeling the effects of PA from daily SL?

razz2525

Awards
I just started using MPA Supps' Pharmgrade - it was just released and has 800mg of PA as well as BCAAs. This is my first experience taking a PA product and it tastes great (watermelon candy). I usually drink it intraworkout. I might look into Tr1umph though because it's a "one-stop" shop - right now I'm taking all these separate supps stacked with X-gels and ABE: PES Alphamine, 1st Phorm creatine monohydrate, the Pharmgrade, and Primaforce ALCAR preworkout, Primaforce LCLT....

One question about Tr1umph though - is L-alanine the same as beta alanine? That always causes me the worst sharp tingles in my hands.

twuncher

twuncher

Awards
I just started using MPA Supps' Pharmgrade - it was just released and has 800mg of PA as well as BCAAs. This is my first experience taking a PA product and it tastes great (watermelon candy). I usually drink it intraworkout. I might look into Tr1umph though because it's a "one-stop" shop - right now I'm taking all these separate supps stacked with X-gels and ABE: PES Alphamine, 1st Phorm creatine monohydrate, the Pharmgrade, and Primaforce ALCAR preworkout, Primaforce LCLT....

One question about Tr1umph though - is L-alanine the same as beta alanine? That always causes me the worst sharp tingles in my hands.
L-alanine is not beta alanine and will not cause the tingles! L-alanine is a basic amino acid which has its uses in cellular swelling.