Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The last few days ive been sitting at 2300 cals. I eat mostly proteins and fats, i shy away from carbs. I usually eat some before my workouts and maybe after. Ill eat some carbs, like 2 tortillas for example with 2 meals. So not a lot of carbs, just mostly around workout times.

I havent been doing cardio! Yesterday i went on a moderate intensity 50 minute hike and power walked up and down the hills. ill start doing more of that.
Sadly that's key (I'm not a fan, LOL).

That should change things a bit.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Gotcha. I'll make cardio a priority.
It’s really the only way to tone up the midsection. If you think about it everyone has a six pack you can do all the crunches you want and still not see them. It’s burning that layer over the top that’s the hard part.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s really the only way to tone up the midsection. If you think about it everyone has a six pack you can do all the crunches you want and still not see them. It’s burning that layer over the top that’s the hard part.
I was hoping the oxandrolone would boost my metabolism and take care of that. I'm starting to see that was a naive hope. Which bring me to a rabbit trail.

Why is it that cardio helps to burn fat? I speculate that it has more to do than just the calories burned. If it was just a calorie game none of us would be doing cardio except the few that like to torture themselves with that. What mechanism does cardio effect that burns fat?

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was hoping the oxandrolone would boost my metabolism and take care of that. I'm starting to see that was a naive hope. Which bring me to a rabbit trail.

Why is it that cardio helps to burn fat? I speculate that it has more to do than just the calories burned. If it was just a calorie game none of us would be doing cardio except the few that like to torture themselves with that. What mechanism does cardio effect that burns fat?
Your body is burning fat as fuel. Calories deficit does have to do with it as well but cardio helps speed it up as well.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Or even just add 30min on the elliptical 3x’s a week. Some dont need too much but i cant imagine dropping any considerable amount of fat without doing some cardio.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to give props to the most patient man in this thread. You've been extrenely patient, brother.

What are you running (gear-wise) right now?

Is your main concern dropping fat?
Renew’s one of the nicest dudes on here.
️s”

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Week 3 and a half-ish update:

The number one thing i notice is mental effects. My mood is up, my focus is up, anxiety is down a bit. My energy levels are awesome. I feel great.

As far as strength gains, there has been some. Nothing super dramatic, some added weight here, added reps there. Almost every lift has gone up a bit.

As for appearance, there is some changes but nothing drastic. My weight seems to be pretty steady and unchanging despite being in a deficit. Ive been doing hikes that go up and down hills for 30-60 minutes for the last 3 days. i go fast enough to keep my breathing elevated but not fast enough where i feel like im dying. Im using that as my cardio.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
You are derailing my thread dude. Please stop. I'm here for advice and i'm not getting much because you and one other person keeps derailing this thread
Gimme a break!! The D bag natives are on a mission to give me hard time. How much info do you need dude???

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Week 3 and a half-ish update:

The number one thing i notice is mental effects. My mood is up, my focus is up, anxiety is down a bit. My energy levels are awesome. I feel great.

As far as strength gains, there has been some. Nothing super dramatic, some added weight here, added reps there. Almost every lift has gone up a bit.

As for appearance, there is some changes but nothing drastic. My weight seems to be pretty steady and unchanging despite being in a deficit. Ive been doing hikes that go up and down hills for 30-60 minutes for the last 3 days. i go fast enough to keep my breathing elevated but not fast enough where i feel like im dying. Im using that as my cardio.
I'm a little surprised you haven't had greater strength increses, but I'm glad you're feeling good on cycle.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ever think about raising your dose to 100mg for awhile? 😈

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im excited to see what tomorrow will bring. I upped my calories to about 2800 today and yesterday (200 below normal maintenance) to help with recovery. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some better strength gains.

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you get any extra gainz, mail me some lol.....my damn cracked rib finally got the best of me and I had to stop lifting for now.

I'll pay you back on my next cycle I promise 😁

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you get any extra gainz, mail me some lol.....my damn cracked rib finally got the best of me and I had to stop lifting for now.

I'll pay you back on my next cycle I promise 😁
🤣🤣😂😆😆

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'll pay you back on my next cycle I promise

Mail you some pancakes? They are blueberry

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also ate some extra peanuts, those might ship better

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was imagining a stack of pancakes forcefully shoved into a priority mail envelope....😂

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I LOVE blueberry pancakes! Especially ones with ricotta cheese and meringue folded into them... topped with blueberry spoon jam. Delicious!
Boy you gonna get me fat as hell.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beginning of week 4 update:

I will be hiking as cardio 5x a week, last week i only did 3 days because i started on wednesday.

Strength is up across the board.

Im not sure if theres any visible change in appearance from last week.

Mood and energy are up, pumps are great and 24/7

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man, I bought some steaks after training last night. Pan seared rare salt and pepper with a Neufchâtel and milk pan sauce.

Delicious.

Sorry, you guys mentioned food.

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Gl
Man, I bought some steaks after training last night. Pan seared rare salt and pepper with a Neufchâtel and milk pan sauce.

Delicious.

Sorry, you guys mentioned food.
Glad to hear you're eating again 😁....

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
any sides from the anavar? BP? hairloss? anything?
Some unlucky guys shed from real anavar, but mostly no. It does stimulate EPO, it can raise blood pressure somewhat. It is also liver toxic, and harder on the kidneys than some other orals, because unlike other orals it is predominantly metabolized in the kidneys. Some unlucky guys get acne.

That being said, every one of those negatives are quite a few powers less severe than other orals mg for mg and it used to be common practice for models and such to continue to use 40mg anavar on a year round basis with only short breaks, 4-8 weeks once a year. Probably still is.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
wow - i am glad i asked.

so how does var get metabolized int he kidneys? not call ing BS - i just have never heard of this

my liver levels have been ok when i have my BW done, but over last 9 years the eGFR has been off (usually in high 50s and docs just tell me to drink more water) ... a few weeks ago my eGFR came back as 65 and thats the highest its been in a while so i was proud of myself for staying hydrated and being mindful (avoiding creatine and other supps that can tough to process)

so given this would var be a teriible idea for me at low doses?
Yeah, Var is metabolized in the kidneys. Some drugs are metabolized in the liver, some in the kidneys (not just steroids). Do a web search on it.

It is easier on the liver than most steroids.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For some 40 is the perfect dose, for some, that’s high, for some that’s very low.

Can’t speak as to whether everyone I’ve heard a reasonable dosage recommendation from had 100% legit Var... but..

I have seen guys using up to 100mg daily of actual legitimate oxandrolone.

So try 20 for maybe a few days and then go up to 40. Depends on what your tablets or capsules are dosed at. Take one, then two. Then maybe try three.

Split through the day of course. Don’t take a huge dose of Anavar preworkout unless you’re a masochist.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you take it pre workout I strongly advice you don’t do it on deadlift day! 💁‍♂️

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Because on a high enough dose the pumps some people get are absolutely horrible.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to run var at 60 and winstrol at 40, it just doesn't do much anymore for me at lower dosage except if I'm cutting hard. Id say a beginner dosage would be 40-50 var and 30-40 winstrol.